AMF 2023 Albums Poll: Planning Thread

Bang Jan
Full of Fire

AMF 2023 Albums Poll: Planning Thread

Post by Bang Jan »

I believe that this year's major poll is the albums poll. There are a few thing that I believe should be discussed before hand:

What should be the minimum and maximum length of submissions be? In 2020, it was:
1. The minimum submission length is 50 albums. I will allow up to 1000 albums per ballot either in this thread, or by PM (but I really do encourage posting here and participating in conversation for those of you that are newcomers, you won't regret it!)
What long should the voting period last? In 2020, the thread opened on May 3rd, with the hard deadline being October 15th, so anything from 5-6 months should work.

Who wants to host this year? I don't plan on hosting this year, so feel free to step up if you want to do so!

Anything not discussed? Feel free to discuss any queries you may have that haven't been brought up already!
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Re: AMF 2023 Albums Poll: Planning Thread

Post by DaveC »

What should be the minimum and maximum length of submissions be?
1000 seems like a good number, but I think 50 is a bit low for a minimum, maybe 200 or at least 100?

What long should the voting period last?
We don't want to run into the end of the year, so I would say 5 months at this point.

Who wants to host this year?
I'm happy to collate and calculate the results. I would be happy for someone else to run the rollout.

Anything not discussed?
I think we should use the same formula as last time so that comparisons are meaningful.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

I agree 50 is too low. I think 100 would be fine.

Also, I’d be down to perform the rollout, as long as someone else does the calculations. DaveC, that sounds good to me.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

That's great Holden. I will wait 24 hours on case anyone else has any opinions to air, and then start the list thread.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

What should be the minimum and maximum length of submissions be?
1000 is a good maximum. Maybe 100 as a minimum? Not sure if we exclude too many folks if it's more than 50.

5-6 months is a bit long in my opinion. About 4 would be good, also because we're starting a bit later.

Thanks DaveC and Holden for stepping up!
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Gillingham wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:43 pm What should be the minimum and maximum length of submissions be?
1000 is a good maximum. Maybe 100 as a minimum? Not sure if we exclude too many folks if it's more than 50.

5-6 months is a bit long in my opinion. About 4 would be good, also because we're starting a bit later.

Thanks DaveC and Holden for stepping up!
I think 100 is the best minimum. 50 is so small.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Only a handful of voters submitted a list of less that 100 albums last time, and of those only Edre and Krurze are regular posters. I'm sure they can submit lists of 100 albums.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”