Lists from Zicabloc

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Lists from Zicabloc

Post by StevieFan13 »

Top 10 Songs About War (39-45) (aka Top 10 Songs About World War II)
http://www.zicabloc.com/top-chansons-guerre-39-45
1. Jean-Jacques Goldman, Comme toi, 1982
2. Leonard Cohen, The Partisan, 1969
3. Serge Reggiani, Les loups sont entrés dans Paris, 1967
4. Jean Ferrat, Nuit et brouillard, 1963
5. Michel Sardou, Les Ricains, 1968
6. Georges brassens, La tondue, 1964
7. Jacques Brel, Mai 40, sortie en 2003 (inédit de Brel)
8. Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark, Enola Gay 1980
9. Pink Floyd, When the Tigers Broke Free, 1979
10. Marlene Dietrich, Lili Marleen, 1941

Top 100 of the Biggest French Rock Songs, According to Zicabloc
http://www.zicabloc.com/top-100-des-mei ... n-zicabloc
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Lists from Zicabloc

Post by Henrik »

The war songs list is not eligible. Is the French rock songs a best of (subjective) or biggest (objective) list?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:The war songs list is not eligible. Is the French rock songs a best of (subjective) or biggest (objective) list?
I believe it's a "best of." Here's a rough translation of the criteria:
1) The song has to be by a group where the majority of performers speak French (i.e. no Strokes)
2) Original, not an adaptation of a foreign title
3) Audible on the internet
They use the words "biggest" and "greatest" interchangeably, so I'm pretty sure it's a best-of list.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Henrik wrote:The war songs list is not eligible. Is the French rock songs a best of (subjective) or biggest (objective) list?
1) The song has to be by a group where the majority of performers speak French (i.e. no Strokes)
They use the words "biggest" and "greatest" interchangeably, so I'm pretty sure it's a best-of list.
Thanks Stevie. Although I would like to hear an opinion from a French person here.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
Thanks Stevie. Although I would like to hear an opinion from a French person here.
No argument there.
o.m.
Different Class

Post by o.m. »

Hey chaps, the list is a smart selection of rock songs indeed but in no way reflects a history of rock in France. Sorry to disappoint you but I would not include this list. In other words, to answer your question Henrik, it is a subjective list. The list is way too obscure, although the number one is well chosen and would entice you to think the contrary. Lagire, Pierre, Nassim and the other french participants in the forum please give your point of view. Oh, and I found the new link.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190124132 ... n-zicabloc
:music-listening:
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Thanks for not including songs about war. Doing this lists too thematic are far away from the searching of quality of songs in their most universal form (imagine a critic made a list in the future: "the best songs to kill people" we need to include it because says "the best"?).
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

o.m. wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:24 pm Hey chaps, the list is a smart selection of rock songs indeed but in no way reflects a history of rock in France. Sorry to disappoint you but I would not include this list. In other words, to answer your question Henrik, it is a subjective list. The list is way too obscure, although the number one is well chosen and would entice you to think the contrary. Lagire, Pierre, Nassim and the other french participants in the forum please give your point of view. Oh, and I found the new link.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190124132 ... n-zicabloc
:music-listening:
I was just looking it over again. I dunno, the more obscure the better I say, but I obviously trust the French folks around here the most in making the call.

Return to “France & French language”