Errors in the 2020 update

Henrik
Site Admin

Errors in the 2020 update

Post by Henrik »

Here you go.....
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Arsalan
Different Class

Re: Errors in the 2020 update

Post by Arsalan »

I checked Stressed Out's AM page (The song was added in this update). It was also on "Consequence of Sound - Ranking: Every Alternative Rock No. 1 Hit From Worst to Best " but it isn't mentioned on its page. (The list was included in 2017's update)
Arsalan
Different Class

Post by Arsalan »

This is not from the 2020 update.

Hybrid Theory and Origin of Symmetry were both included in Record Collector's 2001 EOY list but It isn't mentioned on their respective pages.

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/recordcollector.htm
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

I noticed the genre "Nueva canción latinoamericana" is spelt wrong in many songs and send you to pages that don't exist
"Latinoamérica" - Calle 13 (appears as "Nueva canción latinoameric")
"Hasta la raíz" - Natalia Lafourcade (appears as "Nueva canción latinoameric")
"Gracias a la vida" - Violeta Parra (appears as "Neuva canción latinoameric")

"Nueva canción latinoamericana" correct page
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/genre/genre1483_s.htm
Last edited by panam on Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Arsalan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:10 pm I checked Stressed Out's AM page (The song was added in this update). It was also on "Consequence of Sound - Ranking: Every Alternative Rock No. 1 Hit From Worst to Best " but it isn't mentioned on its page. (The list was included in 2017's update)
I think he doesn't consider the lists and sources for new added songs. It's not a mistake, it's just it wasn't considered for this update.

Also Latin Grammys is a source since awhile but it wasn't considered for the sources into new added songs
ArcadeFire
Wannabe

Post by ArcadeFire »

I'm not sure if it's user error, but when I download the excel spreadsheet for songs, it looks like it cuts off early. The alphabetized bubbling under section cuts off with The Used - The Taste of Ink.
Arsalan
Different Class

Post by Arsalan »

panam wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:29 pm
Arsalan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:10 pm I checked Stressed Out's AM page (The song was added in this update). It was also on "Consequence of Sound - Ranking: Every Alternative Rock No. 1 Hit From Worst to Best " but it isn't mentioned on its page. (The list was included in 2017's update)
I think he doesn't consider the lists and sources for new added songs. It's not a mistake, it's just it wasn't considered for this update.

Also Latin Grammys is a source since awhile but it wasn't considered for the sources into new added songs
The list I mentioned was added to AM in 2017. It doesn't make sense if only old songs have this list on their AM page and new songs don't.
Arsalan
Different Class

Post by Arsalan »

By the way, When is Henrik going to fix these errors? Today?

I am impatient.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Um, this is a REALLY BIG one...

"Get Low" by Lil Jon seems to have vanished entirely from the site, even on his artist page. And there may be other songs that did the same, for all I know.

Unless this isn't an error at all, and is part of a campaign to erase Lil Jon from popular music history?
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

ArcadeFire wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 pm I'm not sure if it's user error, but when I download the excel spreadsheet for songs, it looks like it cuts off early. The alphabetized bubbling under section cuts off with The Used - The Taste of Ink.
There are also some songs (including "Bros" by Wolf Alice) that appear on the lists and artist pages, but not on the spreadsheet or history page, which may or may not be related to this error.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

About the songs spreadsheet issue :

Those 8 ranked songs are missing :
Wolf Alice - Bros
Young Galaxy - New Summer
Woody Herman - Woodchopper's Ball
Woody Herman - Laura
Volcano Choir - Bygone
Woody Guthrie - Pastures of Plenty
Wynton Marsalis - Knozz-Moe-King
Zapp - Computer Love

There are 2 songs ranked 1453 : the correct one if I believe the website, Rock Your Body, and an incorrect one (Lil Jon's previously mentioned Get Low)
And 2 songs ranked 7447, the correct one (Sham 69 - If the Kids are United) and The Shamen - Move Any Mountain (Progen '91)

Also the column with rankings still has a formula with a link to your local folders.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

In the case of the Shamen song, there were accidentally two versions of the song listed separately, which was fixed in this update, now at #7615, so the one at #7447 is supposed to be removed.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

Is The Offspring's Come Out and Play really labeled Grunge somewhere? I'm not entirely sure how to check, as I just registered for RYM but still can't seem to find the genre tags for album tracks. But the single and the album are not labeled as Grunge, for what it's worth.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

M.I.A.'s album "MAYA" shows up as "?? ? Y ?".
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Arsalan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:00 pm By the way, When is Henrik going to fix these errors? Today?

I am impatient.
Major errors are fixed pretty quickly, minor errors usually have to wait until the next update.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Arsalan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:00 pm By the way, When is Henrik going to fix these errors? Today?

I am impatient.
I am working on updating all the spotify playlists right now, and I will not do anything else tonight. I hope I will find time to take care of formatting problems during the coming week. For missing critics lists placements that would affect the ranking, I need to redo everything, so that means they will be included in the next site update. Sorry, but that's the way it is.
Arsalan
Different Class

Post by Arsalan »

Henrik wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:28 pm

I am impatient.
I am working on updating all the spotify playlists right now, and I will not do anything else tonight. I hope I will find time to take care of formatting problems during the coming week. For missing critics lists placements that would affect the ranking, I need to redo everything, so that means they will be included in the next site update. Sorry, but that's the way it is.
That's okay. At least, now I know when it is going to happen.
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

next update on 2021 arsalan
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Weezer [The White Album] should probably be listed as Weezer ["The White Album"] in accordance with how their other self-titled albums are listed.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

In the previous update, "Antes de morirme" used to be in the Rosalia page (she features with C Tangana)

And I discover something..

C Tangana have 2 different pages! (with different information)
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/artist/C.Tangana.htm
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/artist/C.%20Tangana.htm
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

Uhhh, may not be a problem, but how to access the extended Genre Tree. While I am glad the site updated, if that feature was removed, i will be disapointed
Edre the Depeche Head
Shakermaker
Are You Experienced?

Post by Shakermaker »

• "Chuck Person" is an alias of Oneohtrix Point Never, so they should probably share the same page.
  • Placements on AllMusic's "Top Albums of the 2010s (2019)" appear under the "Ratings" rather than "Best of All-time Lists, Best of Decade Lists, etc." section for the pages of all albums included on the list for some reason.
  • The title of Liam Gallagher's 2019 album is Why Me? Why Not. (the period's missing in the current listing)
  • Rankings on Pitchfork's "Top 200 Albums of the 2000s (2009)" are missing for these albums: Air France's No Way Down EP (no. 161) and The Tough Alliance's A New Chance (no. 149)
  • Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man's Out of Season is missing from Rustin Man's artist page.
Also more an observation than an error per se, but the "Top Yacht Rock Albums" are... really something.
Last edited by Shakermaker on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

Krurze wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:15 pm Is The Offspring's Come Out and Play really labeled Grunge somewhere? I'm not entirely sure how to check, as I just registered for RYM but still can't seem to find the genre tags for album tracks. But the single and the album are not labeled as Grunge, for what it's worth.
I think this is just a simple mix-up with Self Esteem, which is indeed labeled as Grunge on RYM but not on Acclaimedmusic.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Michael Jackson's 1979 song is incorrectly titled Workin' All Day and Night instead of Workin' Day and Night.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

Shakermaker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:39 am Also more an observation than an error per se, but the "Top Yacht Rock Albums" are... really something.
Where do you see that? I don't see Yacht Rock under genres.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

andyd1010 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:39 pm
Shakermaker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:39 am Also more an observation than an error per se, but the "Top Yacht Rock Albums" are... really something.
Where do you see that? I don't see Yacht Rock under genres.
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/genre/genre1708.htm

I am trying to figure out what connects these specific works but not others by the same artists...

(Was the genre page supposed to lose the full tree?)
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Yacht Rock was previously called "West Coast Rock" so it's possible the transition was not fully made on AM.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Fat White Family and The Fat White Family are listed as different artists.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

Shed and Head High are aliases of the same person, so I think the pages should/could be merged
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

There is no full genre page anymore. I’m thinking of doing that in the same style as ”Lists by country”. Does that sound good to you?
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

Henrik wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:58 pm There is no full genre page anymore. I’m thinking of doing that in the same style as ”Lists by country”. Does that sound good to you?
That sounds good, It will take some time to get used too but it's not a problem
Edre the Depeche Head
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

If you click on a year before 1920 to see the song list, you get a 404 File Not Found error. I guess these pages don't exist anymore?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

ArcadeFire wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 pm I'm not sure if it's user error, but when I download the excel spreadsheet for songs, it looks like it cuts off early. The alphabetized bubbling under section cuts off with The Used - The Taste of Ink.
Fixed.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Rob wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 pm If you click on a year before 1920 to see the song list, you get a 404 File Not Found error. I guess these pages don't exist anymore?
I think this was the case before the update as well. Strange that nobody has picked up this before.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 pm Um, this is a REALLY BIG one...

"Get Low" by Lil Jon seems to have vanished entirely from the site, even on his artist page. And there may be other songs that did the same, for all I know.

Unless this isn't an error at all, and is part of a campaign to erase Lil Jon from popular music history?
This is a mistake... It will be back in the next update, which I hope I will manage to do rather early after the EOY 2020 lists (no promise).
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Next update
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Arsalan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:22 pm This is not from the 2020 update.

Hybrid Theory and Origin of Symmetry were both included in Record Collector's 2001 EOY list but It isn't mentioned on their respective pages.

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/recordcollector.htm
Next update
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Krurze wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 pm
Krurze wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:15 pm Is The Offspring's Come Out and Play really labeled Grunge somewhere? I'm not entirely sure how to check, as I just registered for RYM but still can't seem to find the genre tags for album tracks. But the single and the album are not labeled as Grunge, for what it's worth.
I think this is just a simple mix-up with Self Esteem, which is indeed labeled as Grunge on RYM but not on Acclaimedmusic.
Ok, will be fixed in the next update.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

Henrik wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 pm

This is a mistake... It will be back in the next update, which I hope I will manage to do rather early after the EOY 2020 lists (no promise).
Curious, where is Get Low supposed to be ranked?
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

a better link for "NPR (USA) - The 300 Most Important American Records of the 20th Century (1999) "
https://web.archive.org/web/20010306023 ... e/300.html
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

andyd1010 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:22 am

Curious, where is Get Low supposed to be ranked?
Somewhere around 3300.
Petri
Feeling Good

Post by Petri »

The name of the (bubbling under) album by Oranssi Pazuzu is Värähtelijä
https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A4r% ... elij%C3%A4
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Any idea how “Get Low” got left out? If you do have an idea, I can try and search for other songs/albums that were accidentally removed.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Nick wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Any idea how “Get Low” got left out? If you do have an idea, I can try and search for other songs/albums that were accidentally removed.
It's just that one. Somehow it disappeared from my background info sheet, and in the code I had a condition that that a song is required to be in that spreadsheet...
ArcadeFire
Wannabe

Post by ArcadeFire »

2 Elvis Presley albums (A Date With Elvis and For LP Fans Only) both from 1959 are on the downloadable spreadsheet in the bubbling under section, but do not appear on the website.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Joseito Fernández recorded "Guajira Guantanamera" by the first time in 1940 not 1973
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/singl ... ntanamera/

From the book: "Enciclopedia Discográfica de la música Cubana 1925–1960." confirms 1940:
"[…] en diversas entrevistas, ha situado el origen de este
número […] desde 1928 hasta 1934. Tal y como se usó en la radio, primero en Radio Lavín y después en el programa llamado Sucesos del día, la Guajira guantanamera, […] se usó para ambientar programas radiales; en su última versión, Joseíto Fernández y otra cantante, La Calandria [Nela Cruz], cantaba –con la música de la Guajira guantanamera– décimas en que comentaban un suceso, generalmente trágico, de sangre. En Lavín el programa había comenzado a fines de los ’30, pero en la CMQ, se inició en 1941. Ya antes Joseíto Fernández, con su orquesta danzonera, había grabado la Guajira guantanamera para la RCA Victor en 1940."
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

ArcadeFire wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm 2 Elvis Presley albums (A Date With Elvis and For LP Fans Only) both from 1959 are on the downloadable spreadsheet in the bubbling under section, but do not appear on the website.
Fixed
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Most things should be fixed now. The rest might have to wait until the next update.
ArcadeFire
Wannabe

Post by ArcadeFire »

Henrik wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:11 pm
ArcadeFire wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm 2 Elvis Presley albums (A Date With Elvis and For LP Fans Only) both from 1959 are on the downloadable spreadsheet in the bubbling under section, but do not appear on the website.
Fixed
Just curious what the fix was. I still see them on the spreadsheet but not on the site.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”