Concerts you have coming up

Henry
Into the Groove

Re: Concerts you have coming up

Post by Henry »

I'm checking out YouTube performances published by Randy Lutge.

I'm very impressed with Stanley Jordan's medley at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBuQmfJE6lM

My friend Rob Lutge's father owned The Varsity Theater in Palo Alto, CA.

I wonder if anyone else is impressed with Jordan's performance in this video.
Father2TheMan
Different Class

Post by Father2TheMan »

Father2TheMan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 am July 24th,2020 - Ezcited to catch Alanis, Garbage and Liz Phair- Riverbend, Cincinnati, OH

My wife wanted to go but I already love JAGGED LITTLE PILL, quite a bit of EXILE IN GUYVILLE and some other tracks here and there and plenty of Garbage's radio singles. I'll try and delve deeper into their catalogues before the show.
This should actually happen (postponed to Sept 2021) it looks like although I will be in a mask if we don't have better vaccination numbers before September. Still only around 30% in the U.S. so far.
"The laughs come hard in Old Lang Syne....."
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

The Wilco/Sleater-Kinney concert I had tickets for last year is officially rescheduled for August 24. Whether it will actually go on by then is not clear.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I bought concert tickets for the first time since COVID. Flaming Lips in November.

Remember that 30% is the fully vaccinated number. More like 44% have received at least one, 60% in my state. And it will be open to younger kids by that point. By summer no reason to think we won’t be over 50% and anyone who hasn’t gotten a shot is an antivax who opted into taking the risk.
Neil
Different Class

Post by Neil »

I will be seeing Alanis Morisette, Liz Phair and Garbage Riverbend(Cincinnati) in September. The Black Crowes in August, also at Riverbend and James Taylor/Jackson Browne at the Nutter in Dayton also in August.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Reviving this thread, COVID 19 obliging, I have to share the news that we (my wife and I) will be going to Paris in May to see the mighty TOOL.
I can't wait. Since the release of Fear Inoculum, I just was desperate to hear the news of a forthcoming tour. They heard my call ! And it will be a return to the Paris Bercy venue (now called Accor Hotel Arena), where I saw The Cure for their Disintegration tour...that takes me back !
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

Recently saw Modest Mouse at The Vic in Chicago, Twenty One Pilots at United Center in Chicago, and am seeing Wavves on Monday at the Subterranean, also in Chicago.
Edre the Depeche Head
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Seeing Flaming Lips in a couple weeks.
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

100 gecs next week - wholly unprepared but deeply excited
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Japanese Breakfast at Gundlach Bundschu winery in Sonoma on November 11. Can’t wait to see them (her) LIVE!!
Last edited by Rdwdbob on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Just got tickets to see Animal Collective and Kraftwerk at MASS MoCA (two separate concerts) next year!
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

PAVEMENT!
10/5/22
mileswide
Full of Fire

Post by mileswide »

I'm at the halfway point between gigs for Billy Bragg and Working Men's Club!
All I got inside is vacancy!
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I saw LCD Soundsystem last night, and they were fantastic
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Nick Cave in a couple months.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

After a dry couple of years on the concert front, for obvious reasons, I know have one of the fullest slates ever, all in my hometown of Nijmegen:

13 March: DeWolff + Sienna Root
15 April: Dry Cleaning
17 April: Mdou Moctar
27 May: Eefje de Visser
28 May: Parquet Courts
31 May: Baroness + Kvelertak
15 July: Osees
22 September: Kiwi Jr. (this was booked for 2021, then cancelled until further notice; I never got the notice, but now found my account saying that this was happening on September 22. Okay)
18 November: Wolf Alice
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

I have some great ones coming up! I am seeing Bright Eyes in March, Jack White in April, and am going to try to see Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, and Nitzer Ebb in Cleveland in September!
Edre the Depeche Head
Zorg
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Zorg »

Rob wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:08 pm After a dry couple of years on the concert front, for obvious reasons, I know have one of the fullest slates ever, all in my hometown of Nijmegen:

13 March: DeWolff + Sienna Root
15 April: Dry Cleaning
17 April: Mdou Moctar
27 May: Eefje de Visser
28 May: Parquet Courts
31 May: Baroness + Kvelertak
15 July: Osees
22 September: Kiwi Jr. (this was booked for 2021, then cancelled until further notice; I never got the notice, but now found my account saying that this was happening on September 22. Okay)
18 November: Wolf Alice
I've got Mdou Moctar a couple of days before you! He's in London the week before it seems. Looking forward to it. I've also lined up Jessie Ware, Godspeed You Black Emperor (much delayed), and Pavement over the rest of the year. I've seen Pavement and Godspeed before and enjoyed them both (though my abiding memory of the Godspeed concert is that standing still for 2 hours is super painful.)

Keen to add to that list so will be interested to hear which bands people enjoyed live.
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ: Tame Impala, The War On Drugs and More!! Can’t wait!
Father2TheMan
Different Class

Post by Father2TheMan »

This Saturday: Whitecross and Bloodgood
"The laughs come hard in Old Lang Syne....."
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I'm going to New Orleans Jazz Festival if there isn't a new variant that gets it canceled again. Third time's a charm.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Also added LCD Soundsystem and Big Thief shows. Getting back in the groove.
Humphrey13
I'm New Here

Post by Humphrey13 »

We're having a concert in the basement tonight featuring some pots and pans and a lawnmower or two. You're all invited. We will perform an impromptu improvisation on the main theme from this chamber work:
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

About to see Animal Collective in…a little over an hour
Humphrey12
Strange Fruit

Post by Humphrey12 »

Nick wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:32 pm About to see Animal Collective in…a little over an hour
I hope it was better than our basement concert. Shit keeps my muthafuckin' head ringin'...
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

Just saw Shygirl, which went off. :music-guitarred:

I have Damien Jurado, Metronomy, Foals, Andrew Bird, Beach House and Anais Mitchel through the year so far. Also booked Charlotte Adigery and Bolis Pupul :happy-partydance:
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

At the LCD Soundsystem show it's been so long since I've been to that sort of venue, I totally forgot the venues blatantly lie about the show start time to make you buy more drinks. Ticket said 8. Show started 9:15. And this one didn't even had a warmup act, they have like 45 minute breaks in between them. They don't even publish the real set times anywhere. I'm nearing 40, those extra hours of standing up cause you want to trick me into buying more drinks is making my back hurt.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Jirin wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:57 pm At the LCD Soundsystem show it's been so long since I've been to that sort of venue, I totally forgot the venues blatantly lie about the show start time to make you buy more drinks. Ticket said 8. Show started 9:15. And this one didn't even had a warmup act, they have like 45 minute breaks in between them. They don't even publish the real set times anywhere. I'm nearing 40, those extra hours of standing up cause you want to trick me into buying more drinks is making my back hurt.
I loathe stuff like this. The ideal concert schedule, imo, should be like:

7:30 pm: doors open
8 pm: opener goes on
9 pm: opener leaves
9:30 pm: main act goes on
11 pm: main act leaves

Throw in an encore if you want. If there's no opener, open the doors at 7:30 and get the main act on at 8.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Big Thief next week. Then NOLA Jazz Fest. Then Roxy Music in September and Sharon Van Etten in August.

St Vincent is opening for Roxy Music in every American stop except mine. Hopefully they get someone in the same category.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Joe Satriani - October 2nd at the Fox Theater in Oakland

Kamasi Washington - July 27th at The Guild Theater in Menlo Park

Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples - September 18th - Berkeley Greek Theater

Hardly, Strictly Bluegrass - September 30th and October 1st - Artists TBA - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Neil
Different Class

Post by Neil »

May 20th Tears for Fears & Garbage Riverbend, Cincinnati, OH
July 15th Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Bank Arena Cincinnati, Ohio
jimmyj
Strange Fruit

Post by jimmyj »

Black Crowes Jun 29th at Tanglewood. Can't wait!
hectorthebat
Unquestionable Presence

Post by hectorthebat »

In the next couple of months I have both The Rolling Stones and Alanis Morissette to look forward to!
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I saw Black Crowes at the New Orleans Jazz Fest.

Just bought tickets for a Jane's Addiction/Smashing Pumpkins show.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Saw Tool in Paris on Thursday night - one of the most magical shows (but REALLY heavy) I ever seen. The visuals were simply amazing. Tool are turning into a prog-metal Pink Floyd and they are getting better by the minute.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

One of the best videos online - Tool requested (and it was largely respected by the crowd) that the phones stay in the pockets for the duration of the concert. EXCEPT for the last song - Keenan "allowed" fans to take these "fucking things out" for Invincible. Which is why this is about the only thing available on YT ! Good for them, I thought that was a good thing, considering the importance of the visuals in their concert. Check it out for yourself
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Kamasi Washington at The Guild Theater in Menlo Park, CA.
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Bottlerock - Napa Valley, CA
Headliners: Metallica, P!nk and Twenty One Pilots.
Looking most forward to seeing: Spoon, Marcus King, CHVRCHES, Bleachers, Vance Joy, Rainbow Kitten Surprise
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Rdwdbob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:03 pm Bottlerock - Napa Valley, CA
Looking most forward to seeing: Spoon, Marcus King, CHVRCHES, Bleachers, Vance Joy, Rainbow Kitten Surprise
Great to see Healdsburg participating in the AM forum.

I was up at Dry Creek a few weeks ago for the Ferrari-Carano event. Healdsburg is one of our go to locations for 2-3 day getaways.

Please let me know if you have any restaurant, hotel or airbnb recommendations in the Healdsburg vicinity.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I'm going to Pitchfork in July. Excited to see The National, Spiritualized, Parquet Courts, SPELLLING, Mitski, Japanese Breakfast, Lucy Dacus, maybe Low (having just saw them), Magdalena Bay, Dry Cleaning, The Roots, Earl Sweatshirt, Cate Le Bon, and Noname, as well as several other acts I recognize for a couple songs.
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Henry wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:37 pm
Rdwdbob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:03 pm Bottlerock - Napa Valley, CA
Great to see Healdsburg participating in the AM forum.

I was up at Dry Creek a few weeks ago for the Ferrari-Carano event. Healdsburg is one of our go to locations for 2-3 day getaways.

Please let me know if you have any restaurant, hotel or airbnb recommendations in the Healdsburg vicinity.
AWESOME!! I've got tons of suggestions Henry! I'll pm you so as not to bore everyone on this forum (or make then jealous lol). Next time you're here give me a shout. We can meet up for a glass or two of wine and talk music!
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

I am likely going to try to catch Modest Mouse again on their North American tour and I would love to see Death Cab for Cutie. I also plan on buying tickets to see Rammstein. I also am getting tickets to riot fest where I plan on catching NIN, Misfits, My Chemical Romance, Bad Religion, Placebo, Descendents, Bauhaus, Sunny Day Real Estate, Front Bottoms, The Get Up Kids, and Jimmy Eat World,
Edre the Depeche Head
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Edre Peraza wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm I am likely going to try to catch Modest Mouse again on their North American tour and I would love to see Death Cab for Cutie. I also plan on buying tickets to see Rammstein. I also am getting tickets to riot fest where I plan on catching NIN, Misfits, My Chemical Romance, Bad Religion, Placebo, Descendents, Bauhaus, Sunny Day Real Estate, Front Bottoms, The Get Up Kids, and Jimmy Eat World,
Never had much to do with Rammstein before but I'm really enjoying the new album.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Rdwdbob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:33 pm
Edre Peraza wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm I am likely going to try to catch Modest Mouse again on their North American tour and I would love to see Death Cab for Cutie. I also plan on buying tickets to see Rammstein. I also am getting tickets to riot fest where I plan on catching NIN, Misfits, My Chemical Romance, Bad Religion, Placebo, Descendents, Bauhaus, Sunny Day Real Estate, Front Bottoms, The Get Up Kids, and Jimmy Eat World,
Never had much to do with Rammstein before but I'm really enjoying the new album.
I liked the new one but my favorite will always be their first LP.
Edre the Depeche Head
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

I'm seeing Jessie Ware in London next week!!
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Jackson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:28 am I'm seeing Jessie Ware in London next week!!
I'm jealous. Looking forward to your review of the concert.
Le Jeune Rylan
Strange Fruit

Post by Le Jeune Rylan »

BleuPanda wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:51 pm I'm going to Pitchfork in July. Excited to see The National, Spiritualized, Parquet Courts, SPELLLING, Mitski, Japanese Breakfast, Lucy Dacus, maybe Low (having just saw them), Magdalena Bay, Dry Cleaning, The Roots, Earl Sweatshirt, Cate Le Bon, and Noname, as well as several other acts I recognize for a couple songs.
How I envy you! As a fan of The National living in Asia, I've NEVER even been to their concert before! I can't help wondering if there will be new songs at the upcoming festival! :music-rockon: And I also enjoy Japanese Breakfast, Lucy Dacus and Magdalena Bay's music, it's amazing to see them together!
"Rylan, you should try to get some sun."
Zorg
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Zorg »

Jackson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:28 am I'm seeing Jessie Ware in London next week!!
Oh damn, if you went to the Saturday one, I was there too! I thought it was good. I'd only got into Jessie Ware about a year ago so I was pretty new to a long of her songs. But I thought most of them came alive compared to the record. Particular highlights were Save A Kiss, Wildest Moments and Ooh La La. And then her stage presence was great (no doubt buoyed by her immensely successful podcast which she does with her mum!)

There was a bizarre 7 min cameo from none other țth an Kylie Minogue which the crowd went crazy for. There was one song, then we sang Happy Birthday to Kylie because it was her birthday and then she left! Was v weird.

Main downside - £7 for a pint. Yeesh...
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

Brixton Academy is worth the pint cost, what an incredible venue. Was there last week for Beach House, sat upstairs in the final row, but still had a great view.
Le Jeune Rylan
Strange Fruit

Post by Le Jeune Rylan »

Zorg wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:55 am
Oh damn, if you went to the Saturday one, I was there too! I thought it was good. I'd only got into Jessie Ware about a year ago so I was pretty new to a long of her songs. But I thought most of them came alive compared to the record. Particular highlights were Save A Kiss, Wildest Moments and Ooh La La. And then her stage presence was great (no doubt buoyed by her immensely successful podcast which she does with her mum!)

There was a bizarre 7 min cameo from none other țth an Kylie Minogue which the crowd went crazy for. There was one song, then we sang Happy Birthday to Kylie because it was her birthday and then she left! Was v weird.

Main downside - £7 for a pint. Yeesh...
Envy both of you! I just heard about Jessie Ware last year too. The album What's Your Pleasure is awesome! And according to my shallow and scarce experience, I think Spotlight and Save A Kiss, both of which are filled with lust, desolation and a little graceful self-pity, might be the greatest dance songs since Dancing On My Own.
"Rylan, you should try to get some sun."

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”