Kanye West Praises Hitler & The Nazis on Infowars

Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Kanye West Praises Hitler & The Nazis on Infowars

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

For those who have ranked him and his music highly... will his music be featured on your all time lists going forward?

https://youtu.be/ZQmU7KiEpNI
Edre the Depeche Head
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Re: Kanye West Praises Hitler & The Nazis on Infowars

Post by BleuPanda »

Edre Peraza wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:16 pm For those who have ranked him and his music highly... will his music be featured on your all time lists going forward?

Oh boy, a time where this actually effects an artist I have strong opinions toward and actually need to respond.

What I imagine happening is the same thing that i have noticed happening to Woody Allen in my film list updates - I won't outright remove anything, but I imagine things slowly sliding over time because, if I am split among a handful of works of near equal value, I tend to favor the ones by people I like more.

I'm also of the opinion that people change, and I don't think the Kanye West I adored a decade ago is the exact same Kanye West now. I don't necessarily think the achievements of a young Kanye West need to be erased because he evolved into this monstrosity. I also won't be checking out any new music by him just because he used to be good (but his music has deteriorated nearly as much as his public views, so I don't feel like I'd be missing out on anything).
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Edre Peraza wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:16 pm For those who have ranked him and his music highly... will his music be featured on your all time lists going forward?

The man is clearly mentally unwell and a very bad person to boot. But it will not change the placement of his music on my lists. Bobby Fischer was a raging anti-semite. But that does detract from his genius chess abilities. Michael Jackson faced credible accusations of pedophilia. But that does not detract from his singing abilities. I understand that some people have a hard time separating the art from the artist. I guess I’m not one of those people. Kanye’s abhorrent comments have no effect on how I see a song like “All Falls Down”, except for the sadness I feel when I realize that the thoughtful, introspective Kanye of 2004 is no longer with us.
ColmD
Are You Experienced?

Post by ColmD »

I was thinking that specific to this site, acclaim for his work will decline in the wake of his continued anti-Semitic rants and recent comments on InfoWars. i loved his music since I first heard Through Wire close to 19 years ago and defended his music when his ego started to get out of control post VMAs and particularly after the release of MBDTF up to parts of Life of Pablo. The quality decline coincided with increasing erratic behaviour and outbursts which has culminated with this latest round of horrific statements.
Kanye of 2003 - 2013 is not the same person as 2022 Kanye (or indeed Kanye of the last few years) so the music of that period belongs to a seemingly different person, but people can make that personal decision whether or not to support him in any way shape of form (by continuing to purchase or stream his music or buy his brands effectively enriching him further)
Sad and awful at the same time
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

You guys make a lot of good points. I have a hard time listening to his music much at all atm and have lowered my ratings on most of his work accordingly. I still generally enjoy his work from 2004 to 2016 a good amount, though not as much as I used to. However i cant get much out of anything new. I recently sold my Kanye records as well (partly because im tight on cash).
Edre the Depeche Head
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

He had everything. That's all I keep thinking about. He had a gorgeous millionaire wife, a kid, lots of money and endorsement deals, commercial success, critical respect, notable collaborators who'd be willing to put up with his bullshit for the work they'd get out of it...and one by one, it all vanished, all just because he refuses to admit when he's wrong (likely because he literally never thinks he's wrong) and doubles, triples, and quadruples down on shit he SO doesn't need to do that for. Once upon a time, like around 2010 or 2011, Kanye might've seemed like a total jerk with no social skills, but he didn't seem like someone with serious morally objectionable views. Just a rap Morrissey. But now, like Morrissey, his opinions have just gotten more and more toxic, and anyone who still enables this shit is as morally bankrupt as they come. There are some artists I can get into actual debates about regarding this stuff (not saying about whom, since that's another debate for another day), but Kanye and his music really are kind of impossible to separate. I don't think Kanye's all that capable of rapping as someone else, so if he's got a shitty opinion, it's going to find his way into his music. That's always been true, but I stopped listening long before those opinions became truly toxic, and obviously I have zero interest in checking out anything new he releases (not that I would've anyway).

Yes, I feel sorry that Kanye's never gotten treatment for his mental health issues. However, both as someone with mental disorders and as a Jew, I don't give a rat's ass if he does or doesn't have any actual disorders (he does, obviously, but that's beside the point). I'm no armchair psychiatrist. All I know is deciding that you don't believe in the Holocaust and to hold anti-Semitic beliefs is not a mental health defect, it's a personal choice. Kanye made that choice. He can go fuck himself.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
charliepanayi
Different Class

Post by charliepanayi »

Yes obviously, why wouldn't I? Nobody sensible would think that praising What's Goin' On means you endorse assaulting women or that praising Led Zeppelin IV means you're all for sexually assaulting kids. Kanye's run from 2004-2013 (maybe even to 2016) was genius and will stay that way. The whole current Kanye situation is very depressing and shows what happens when nobody can be bothered to step in to help a clearly unwell (and wealthy) individual. He's become music's Bobby Fischer.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

If I’m going to be completely honest, this probably isn’t going to stop me from listening to his stuff I already like. I don’t necessarily have a moral justification to keep listening, it’s not something I’m proud of and my stance on it might change in the future. I’m feeling pretty lost about it all at the moment.

Morrissey and Woody Allen are good talking points for this. Morrissey’s awful but I still listen to the Smiths, Woody Allen is fucking repulsive but I would probably still enjoy Annie Hall if I saw it again (but not Manhattan, that one’s impossible to separate from the bad things he’s done). On that note, I guess I never really stopped listening to MJ either even though I’ve believed those accusations for a while now.

I don’t know if you were referring to listeners as enabling Kanye and being morally bankrupt, Stevie, but either way I’m feeling pretty morally bankrupt at the moment, I’m not sure why it’s so hard for me to pull away from these types of artists.

This all of course is coming from the perspective of a Jew with the enormous privilege of not having to have endured the horrors of Natzism like some of my relatives did, if things start going in that direction again I’ll probably feel pretty ashamed that I still listened to someone like Kanye at all. This all is probably pretty hyperbolic but it’s all stuff of being thinking about a lot this week.

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a therapy session, I just felt like I needed to write this out to try and process it all.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

I think you could make an argument that it would be immoral to financially support Kanye, either by streaming his music, buying his music, buying concert tickets, or buying merchandise.

It would be an extreme stretch to say it's immoral just to listen to his music. If I listen to my copy of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in my car or in my apartment then I'm hurting absolutely nobody.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

I have a lot of thoughts that I’ll probably have to continually come back and post as they come into my head. For my part, I haven’t really played any of his music recently, so I don’t know whether or not I’d be able to still enjoy it, even if I hold quite a few of his songs in high esteem from a musical standpoint. Of course, until it comes time to make lists for our polls, I can simply choose not to confront these confusing feelings. If all this shit can go down in the span of just two months, who even knows what will happen next? By 2024, Ye could be living in a box, or he could mount a genuinely thriving presidential campaign. I don’t know how much I’m actually supposed to care about what he’s doing, because I can’t predict what the actual consequences will end up being in the long term. I don’t think I let my guard down and assume that the worst won’t come to pass.

One thing I can be certain of is that his music career is done. Besides the fact that reactionary politics are literally soul-destroying and have clearly subsumed his interest in music, fashion, or anything cultural, it’s the plain situation that almost no one would even want to work with him anymore. And Donda 2 is obviously going to remain in an unfinished state in Stem Player hell for all eternity.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I always knew he was an unstable narcissist but I had no idea how bad he really was.

But yeah, I still listen to Layla on my CD, so Eric Clapton can't profit from it. No reason people who like Kanye's music can't do the same.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

I guess I should clarify, I don’t think it’s immoral to listen to his music. I unfortunately don’t own any of his stuff myself so if I did want to listen to him I would probably have to stream it, which is what I’m more feeling guilty about.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Still wondering whether the idea of not streaming his music to avoid financially supporting him should be considered alongside consistent criticisms throughout the years that Spotify doesn't pay artists anyway.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

As appalling as this is, it's just dumb, sad, and bizarre. What does Ye think The Nazi Germany Guy would have done with him? At best, consider him from an inferior race. Usually this wouldn't need mentioning. I think there's little to nothing left of Ye's mind. He was at his most stable through Graduation, not incidentally before his mother unexpectedly died in late 2007. It just seems like he's kept it together less and less since then, combined with well-above-average superstar egomania.

The scope of what I evaluate is usually pretty limited. I know that actors, and musicians, and celebrity athletes are selling a personality as much as a product. (I.e., were you lied to?) But I feel like what I liked about Kanye -- College Dropout through at least MBDTF -- is untouched by all this idiotic crap going on lately. Though I understand if people feel like paying for his product is like feeding the beast.
almo
Superunknown

Post by almo »

Surely the sole upside of Spotify's extortionist ways is that we can now listen to problematic artists without worrying about them profiting?
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

For me, the song 'Jesus Lord' from Donda sums up Kanye's career - several minutes of top-drawer rap and production, followed by several minutes of the son of a convicted murderer thanking Kanye for his attempts to get his father released. Genius followed by wrong-headed narcissism.

I have had mental health problems for over 30 years, and worked for a mental health charity for 15 years, and I often had cause to remind people that it was perfectly possible to have mental health problems and an unrelated, thoroughly unpleasant personality.
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
Listen later: https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-last/
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Diagnosing Kanye West with mental health problems sounds like letting him off the hook, to some extent.

I know a lot of people with mental health problems who have never supported Nazis, or embraced political philosophies that encourage hate and murder. He's responsible or his own choices. He may be mentally ill, but it doesn't change that he's just plain a terrible person.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

TheLastEnemy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:18 pm For me, the song 'Jesus Lord' from Donda sums up Kanye's career - several minutes of top-drawer rap and production, followed by several minutes of the son of a convicted murderer thanking Kanye for his attempts to get his father released. Genius followed by wrong-headed narcissism.

I have had mental health problems for over 30 years, and worked for a mental health charity for 15 years, and I often had cause to remind people that it was perfectly possible to have mental health problems and an unrelated, thoroughly unpleasant personality.
Abso-fucking-lutely. I have ADHD, depression, and am on the autism spectrum, and I'll be goddamned if I ever had any inclination to spew anti-Semitic rhetoric. An asshole's an asshole. Like I said, he didn't make a choice to have mental health issues, but he DID have a choice to keep his mouth shut about loving Hitler. He decided not to, and here we are.

I actually took all the Kanye songs off my playlist of favorite songs and likely won't be including him in my updated list. I seriously, seriously debated about whether or not I would do that, since I really do think it's fair to separate the art from the artist, especially when the art was as good as it was at Kanye's peak. But I powerfully remember walking into a Starbucks on the way to work about a week ago, and they were playing "All Falls Down," and I just felt...unwelcome. I'm absolutely positive it was unintentional (at least I hope it was, Jesus...), but if even hearing an old Kanye song in a public space makes me feel sad and afraid for even a second, he's not worth keeping in my rotation. It wasn't an easy choice to make, because my GOD was Kanye talented at his peak. Seeing him perform "Stronger" and "Hey Mama" at the 2008 Grammys was a fucking watershed moment for me as a budding music nerd. Here was a man who could go from partying with actual robots(!!!) to singing a heartfelt tribute to his mother in the blink of an eye. I honestly had a hard time believing it was the same guy for a second. That was the first time I can remember seeing Kanye West, but it also might've been the last time he was ever as sharp a performer as that. One year later, MTV happened, and the rest is incredibly depressing history.

All this, and my playlist still has anti-vax loonies like Eric Clapton, M.I.A., and the dude from the Stone Roses; plus a song by Brand New, whose lead singer has been very credibly accused of being a sexual predator; also songs by The Smiths, and Jesus Christ let's not even get into the shit Morrissey has said and done since they broke up; plus songs featuring folks like Roger Waters and Ice Cube, both of whom have said moderate-to-tremendously anti-Semitic things in the past. All of which is to say...not much of anything, really. I don't feel like a hypocrite for giving him the boot while keeping those songs on. But I don't feel good either. I just wish people could just be fucking decent sometimes. Y'know? (And obviously I don't condone any of the things any of those people said/did - I don't even like writing out the things they said/did, let alone anything else).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

This isn't specific to here, but I feel like the "separating the art from the artist" conversation tends to get muddled because it involves a couple of similar yet non-identical debates. Like, there's the internal debate of being able to continue enjoying art you've loved before with the knowledge of the artist behind it being horrible (which I assume is more relevant for us as listmakers); and then there's the matter for the people who continue to enjoy it without that internal struggle, about whether or not continuing to enjoy it is an indictment on one's moral character (I assume most here would say "no" because we all know how important music can be in one's life, but it may not be totally cut-and-dry, and for others it IS cut-and-dry on the opposite end of the argument).
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:58 am This isn't specific to here, but I feel like the "separating the art from the artist" conversation tends to get muddled because it involves a couple of similar yet non-identical debates. Like, there's the internal debate of being able to continue enjoying art you've loved before with the knowledge of the artist behind it being horrible (which I assume is more relevant for us as listmakers); and then there's the matter for the people who continue to enjoy it without that internal struggle, about whether or not continuing to enjoy it is an indictment on one's moral character (I assume most here would say "no" because we all know how important music can be in one's life, but it may not be totally cut-and-dry, and for others it IS cut-and-dry on the opposite end of the argument).
Not to mention the issue of monetarily supporting the artist, which I touched on in my post.

So I guess you could sum up my stances as:

1. Can I enjoy the music of Kanye West knowing he's an abhorrent person? (Yes)
2. Do I have an internal struggle when I listen to the music of Kanye West knowing he's an abhorrent person? (Yes, albeit not to a large enough degree as to significantly impact my enjoyment)
3. How do I feel about people who can no longer enjoy the music of Kanye West? (I feel that this is a personal decision and nobody is responsible for how they feel. If you can no longer listen to his music, then that's understandable)
4. Would I be willing to financially support Kanye West any longer? (Likely not)
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

StevieFan13 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 am I powerfully remember walking into a Starbucks on the way to work about a week ago, and they were playing "All Falls Down," and I just felt...unwelcome. I'm absolutely positive it was unintentional (at least I hope it was, Jesus...), but if even hearing an old Kanye song in a public space makes me feel sad and afraid for even a second, he's not worth keeping in my rotation.
Thanks for sharing, StevieFan. The morning after I read this, I woke up to my phone alarm playing "Good Morning," one bedroom away from my Jewish housemate, and I thought: I am not showing love to my Jewish brothers and sisters if I make his music heard in my house.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

I'm surprised that not one of these right-wing show hosts interviewing Ye have asked him if he likes fishsticks.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

ProjectTermina wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:14 pm
StevieFan13 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 am I powerfully remember walking into a Starbucks on the way to work about a week ago, and they were playing "All Falls Down," and I just felt...unwelcome. I'm absolutely positive it was unintentional (at least I hope it was, Jesus...), but if even hearing an old Kanye song in a public space makes me feel sad and afraid for even a second, he's not worth keeping in my rotation.
Thanks for sharing, StevieFan. The morning after I read this, I woke up to my phone alarm playing "Good Morning," one bedroom away from my Jewish housemate, and I thought: I am not showing love to my Jewish brothers and sisters if I make his music heard in my house.
Appreciate that, dude.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:42 pm I'm surprised that not one of these right-wing show hosts interviewing Ye have asked him if he likes fishsticks.
Only because it's already so well established how much he likes putting them in his mouth.
VanillaFire1000
Let's Get It On

Post by VanillaFire1000 »

I had already written off any new Kanye material, but the past weeks of stuff just seals the deal. Dude has gone off the deep end for good.
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:42 pm I'm surprised that not one of these right-wing show hosts interviewing Ye have asked him if he likes fishsticks.
"far right-wing" to be acurrate
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

More madness. Two days after the Infowars debacle, Kanye (still decked out in that ridiculous Gimp outfit) sat for a just-released interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes (accompanied by his new BFF Nick Fuentes), on the pretext of McInnes trying to "talk Ye down off the ledge."

Narrator: Ye did not, in fact, come down off the ledge.

He pretty much fucking took a chainsaw to the ledge and plunged even further into the abyss. I will not go into the reprehensible details of what was said, and I really hope no one else sullies this forum with those details, either. Suffice it say, more of the same, and then some, and then some, and then some more.

Is the man so far gone that he does not realize that he is being used by people who despise him and his race, and won't hesitate to throw him under the bus (literally, probably) if, God forbid, they should ever achieve anything resembling power? Or is he just so addicted to being the center of attention that he just doesn't give a fuck that he's taken an H-bomb to his career, his reputation, his legacy, his life? There is no coming back from this, no recovery, no apology tour, nothing.

As I've noted previously, I'm pretty much an art-from-the-artist person. But it's going to be very hard to listen to those classic albums (and they ARE classics) for a very, very long time, if ever. This whole situation is fucking depressing, more than anything else.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Harold wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:20 pm More madness. Two days after the Infowars debacle, Kanye (still decked out in that ridiculous Gimp outfit) sat for a just-released interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes (accompanied by his new BFF Nick Fuentes), on the pretext of McInnes trying to "talk Ye down off the ledge."

Narrator: Ye did not, in fact, come down off the ledge.

He pretty much fucking took a chainsaw to the ledge and plunged even further into the abyss. I will not go into the reprehensible details of what was said, and I really hope no one else sullies this forum with those details, either. Suffice it say, more of the same, and then some, and then some, and then some more.

Is the man so far gone that he does not realize that he is being used by people who despise him and his race, and won't hesitate to throw him under the bus (literally, probably) if, God forbid, they should ever achieve anything resembling power? Or is he just so addicted to being the center of attention that he just doesn't give a fuck that he's taken an H-bomb to his career, his reputation, his legacy, his life? There is no coming back from this, no recovery, no apology tour, nothing.

As I've noted previously, I'm pretty much an art-from-the-artist person. But it's going to be very hard to listen to those classic albums (and they ARE classics) for a very, very long time, if ever. This whole situation is fucking depressing, more than anything else.
If the leader of the goddamn Proud Boys, an actual for-real hate group, can't talk this asshole off the ledge, then frankly, I can't see anywhere for him but the abyss. I'm usually a very optimistic person, but unless something fundamentally changes about Kanye or his heart grows three sizes somehow, I feel like his self-destructive tendencies are going to cave in on him. It's just inevitable. Grim, but inevitable. He has no one in his camp telling him no, his mind is a deluded nightmare swamp of scattered thoughts and bigotry, no one has the compassion to intervene because he's so thoroughly turned down any and all help from even the most well-meaning good samaritans. I just don't understand it. It costs nothing to be nice...
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 234647700/

I know that Rolling Stone is basically just a tabloid, but if this is true, they need to start naming names. Tell us who this person is that Kanye spoke of his admiration for Hitler to, who then was like "aight cool" and told no one for 20 years. Who sat back and watched as Kanye became one of the evil Hollywood elites that he now claims to speak out against. FOR TWENTY YEARS. Even Germany didn't love Hitler for that long!
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

i actually got a dose of sadness today as i was going back reading some old posts at AM , then seeing the break up of Daft Punk, the deaths of artists of this year and then Kanye and some of old posts of Pierre,and in general i think its the fast pass of time and the decay it brings into basically everything from magazines (Q,Screenagers) to artists or even forumites
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Vacantjoy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:20 pm i actually got a dose of sadness today as i was going back reading some old posts at AM , then seeing the break up of Daft Punk, the deaths of artists of this year and then Kanye and some of old posts of Pierre,and in general i think its the fast pass of time and the decay it brings into basically everything from magazines (Q,Screenagers) to artists or even forumites
What about Pierre? That he just doesn't post anymore?
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

StevieFan13 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:28 pm
Vacantjoy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:20 pm i actually got a dose of sadness today as i was going back reading some old posts at AM , then seeing the break up of Daft Punk, the deaths of artists of this year and then Kanye and some of old posts of Pierre,and in general i think its the fast pass of time and the decay it brings into basically everything from magazines (Q,Screenagers) to artists or even forumites
What about Pierre? That he just doesn't post anymore?
yeap exactly
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

when i have joined as a registered member at AM in 2020 the 4 forumites that i have distinguished was you stevie,pierre,lagire and panam because i was active at AM in 2016 or even 2015 but unregistered ( i am not sure but i think the very first time was when the songs were 3000 that means its before 2014) these 4 forumites were about critics lists
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

To be fair, if ten years ago Kanye West told me he had a deep admiration for Hitler, and I went around posting about it online, I would not have been believed. Some random Rolling Stone writer would not have been believed either unless he had it on tape. And otherwise he would have been risking a defamation lawsuit.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

I've still been having a lot of thoughts about this, but I've kept quiet because the last thing any of us need is for this to turn into a vent thread. So I'll just keep this one comment brief.

I haven't actually listened to any of Ye's music since October - not that I don't have plenty of other things to listen to - and I'm terrified of the thought that, if I do listen to him, I'll never be able to hear the music the same way ever again. So I've basically just been delaying the inevitable, but also probably slowly driving myself insane waiting for the other shoe to drop.

EDIT: Okay, I need to say a bit more. I don't want to point fingers, because this is mostly a "me" problem regardless, but I feel like I would not be taking this as hard if it weren't for this very website spurring me to keep records of my favorite music in the form of lists, because it feels like just forgetting about the whole situation isn't an option for me now. Well, the 2010 albums/songs poll is coming up next month, so that will be the true beginning of the "post-Nazification of Ye" AMF era.
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:18 pm I've still been having a lot of thoughts about this, but I've kept quiet because the last thing any of us need is for this to turn into a vent thread. So I'll just keep this one comment brief.

I haven't actually listened to any of Ye's music since October - not that I don't have plenty of other things to listen to - and I'm terrified of the thought that, if I do listen to him, I'll never be able to hear the music the same way ever again. So I've basically just been delaying the inevitable, but also probably slowly driving myself insane waiting for the other shoe to drop.

EDIT: Okay, I need to say a bit more. I don't want to point fingers, because this is mostly a "me" problem regardless, but I feel like I would not be taking this as hard if it weren't for this very website spurring me to keep records of my favorite music in the form of lists, because it feels like just forgetting about the whole situation isn't an option for me now. Well, the 2010 albums/songs poll is coming up next month, so that will be the true beginning of the "post-Nazification of Ye" AMF era.
i think you should stop giving this problem the "value" you are giving it ,i am sure there are most important things to focus on your life,i personally still listen to kanye but i have stopped admiring his as a human ,same thing is applicable to The Smiths (they are one of my favorite acts) so i have distinguished art and artist and i am judging by the piece of art only...
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

I feel like I would not be taking this as hard if it weren't for this very website spurring me to keep records of my favorite music in the form of lists
Any professional music site out there that covers his era, and makes another best-of list, will have to reckon one way or another with him and his behavior, too.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”