Greg
Unquestionable Presence

RIP Pharoah Sanders

Post by Greg »

acroamor
Shake Some Action

Re: RIP Pharoah Sanders

Post by acroamor »

And with this, last year's Promises joins the legions of Blackstar and You Want It Darker as final masterpieces by legendary artists.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

acroamor wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:47 pm And with this, last year's Promises joins the legions of Blackstar and You Want It Darker as final masterpieces by legendary artists.
He definitely went out on a high note. I’m not super familiar with his work, but I heard “The Creator Has a Master Plan” as a final performance from the music division of an arts camp I went to seven years ago. Beautiful song, and he clearly made a lot of innovative, inspiring work.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

RIP to one of the greats

How many jazz legends are still with us? I guess “jazz legend” is a bit of a subjective term, but it can’t be all too many. Off the top of my head I’ve got Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, and Sonny Rollins. People, if you get the chance to see one of these guys live, do it, because in 10 years time we may not have any jazz legends from the pre-1970 era still with us.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”