Re: Albums of 2022 Discussion Thread

Post by ProjectTermina »

Ibibio Sound Machine - Electricity is pretty rad. that is all
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

---- sorry somehow double posted by accident -----
Last edited by Mulholland on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Definitely been a good start to the year.

Going to take a lot to beat CMAT's If My Wife New I’d Be Dead as my favourite debut of the year (Aurora is current at the head of my AOTY race).

Haven't posted on this site for a long time, but kept lurking and not seen anyone mention her and I had to log back in make a post :D
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

My current list

1. Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future
2. Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up Here
3. FKA Twigs - Caprisongs
4. Animal Collective - Time Skiffs
5. Boris - W
6. Placebo - Never Let Me Go

(bubbling under)

- Earl Sweatshirt - Sick!
- Zeal & Ardor - Self-Titled
Edre the Depeche Head
Pauler
Let's Get It On

Post by Pauler »

The album I've been listening the most this year is Chó Ngồi Đáy Giếng (Dogs Sitting At Well's Bottom) by a Vietnamese group called Mona Evie. They blend raw, experimental production with Rap/Hip-hop, 90's R&B and Pop. They bring the noises and they also bring the gorgeous melodic chords. Just a sensational debut.

[spotifyplaylist]https://open.spotify.com/album/1jhhUdrO ... 59_4UXFZhA[/spotifyplaylist]
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

I love the new PUP album, there is a lot I enjoy in the emo/hardcore/punk rock revival of the past 10 years or so, but PUP might be my favorite band among those and this is probably their most consistant album (though it never gets as awesome as the 4 first song of The Dream is Over)
(best song of the whole wave is still Fox by Dogleg though)
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

Seems like every couple of days a new album is being announced. Hopefully the artists choosing to respond to the pandemic have made use of their time, I'm still not sure if there has been a 'great' album on the topic yet (if there could be one?). Alex Cameron's Oxy Music is one that I have had on repeat over the last week and somehow manages to cover both the pandemic and the opioid epidemic.

Great:
Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul - Tropical Dancer
Good:
Anaïs Mitchell - Anaïs Mitchell
Charli XCX - Crash
Metronomy - Small World
Mitski - Laurel Hell
Sharmir - Hetrosexuality
Methyl Ethyl - Are You Haunted?
Spoon - Lucifer On The Sofa
Weeknd, The - Dawn FM
Eh:
Hippo Campus - LP3
Alt-J - The Dream

KEEN: Arcade Fire, Florence + The Machine, Foals, Harry Styles, Hercules And Love Affair, Sharon Van Etten, Kurt Vile, Angel Olsen, Interpol, Lykke Li, Perfume Genius.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

The Wet Leg album is pretty good, better than I was expecting.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Bought the top 9 of these physically.

1. Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You
2. Cate Le Bon - Pompeii
3. Yard Act - The Overload
4. The Weeknd - Dawn FM
5. Boris - W
6. Mitski - Laurel Hell
7. Anais Mitchell - Anais Mitchell
8. Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up Here
9. Rokia Kone & Jacknife Lee - Bamanan
10. 40 Watt Sun - The Perfect Light
11. Khruangbin - Texas Moon
12. Beach House - Once Twice Melody
13. Animal Collective - Time Skiffs
14. The Weather Station - How Is It That I Should Look At The Stars
15. Stromae - Multitude
16. Somi - Zenzile: The REimagination of Miriam Makeba
17. FKA Twigs - CAPRISONGS
18. Binker and Moses - Feeding the Machine
19. Aurora - The Gods We Can Touch
20. Jenny Hval - Classic Objects

This is a MUCH better year than 2021 so far. At least 5 top tier albums already.
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

Was reading the notes on the new Regrettes album which is starting off getting great reviews. Easy Listening????? Did I read that right? No wonder I’ve heard so little mention of it on Rodney Bingenheimer’s show. His other LA project, the Linda Linda’s is doing well with the critics as is thankfully is Wet Leg. It’d be great to see a more riot grrl inspired Lilith Fair. So great to hear women rocking again instead of working on more avant-garde artsy pieces that they know will get the EOY treatment. It worked at one time mainly when the word pop wasn’t seen as a dirty word but lately more hit than miss imo.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Really liking the Wet Leg album. It's nothing revolutionary, but of all the recent post-punk albums that have come out the past few years, this is probably the most fun.

The new FJM is good but a bit of a step down from his most recent albums.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Nick wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:23 pm Really liking the Wet Leg album. It's nothing revolutionary, but of all the recent post-punk albums that have come out the past few years, this is probably the most fun.

The new FJM is good but a bit of a step down from his most recent albums.
I quite liked Wet Leg - songs from that album will be in my regular rotation well into the summer.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

The new Vince Staples is good, but as the previous 2 it feels like a bit of a letdown after his incredible 2015-2017 run. Possibly his best since then though.

Also enjoying the new Kae Tempest. The Book of Traps and Lessons was great thematically but pretty boring musically so it's nice to see some emphasis on melodies and choruses.
Also, they are an incredible performer live so don't miss the opportunity if they play near you !
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Wet Leg’s self titled is split between like the legendary quality singles and tracks that are fine but not great and also the opener which I really like. I think they made a mistake with releasing so many singles, especially since Chaise Longue got enough hype to carry two albums on its back.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Nassim wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 am Also, they are an incredible performer live so don't miss the opportunity if they play near you !
I'd love too, but Kae Tempest honors the time-old tradition of playing everywhere in Western Europe except The Netherlands :(
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

There’s a new Kendrick Lamar album coming out May 13th. Its title is… Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

I kid you not.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Nick wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:38 pm There’s a new Kendrick Lamar album coming out May 13th. Its title is… Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

I kid you not.
It's been 6 5 years, hopefully it's worth the wait!
Last edited by Listyguy on Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

I was just wondering what he has been up to. Maybe this will lure Frank Ocean out of retirement
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Or he’ll make like Fiona Apple, drop an AOTY once every five or six years then go back into hiding.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Jirin wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:32 pm Or he’ll make like Fiona Apple, drop an AOTY once every five or six years then go back into hiding.
I always wonder what artists like that do in between album drops! Like I get that great albums don't get made overnight (though the pace of artists in the 60s/70s suggests that it's certainly possible), but six years is a looooong time, and it's not like they've been busy touring the world.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Jackson wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:59 am
Jirin wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:32 pm Or he’ll make like Fiona Apple, drop an AOTY once every five or six years then go back into hiding.
I always wonder what artists like that do in between album drops! Like I get that great albums don't get made overnight (though the pace of artists in the 60s/70s suggests that it's certainly possible), but six years is a looooong time, and it's not like they've been busy touring the world.
Lamar still oversaw the Black Panther soundtrack in 2018 and even acted in a tv movie that year. However, what he did in the 4 (or 3,5 years) since I don't know. However, Covid-19 happened in between and it doesn't seem as long a hiatus as Frank Ocean's of 6 or Fiona Apple's massive 8 years.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

The first half of May is really loaded with big releases: Arcade Fire, Sharon van Etten, Kendrick Lamar and The Smile come to mind. And those are just the ones on my radar now.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Jackson wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:59 am
This is me thinking about Sky Ferreira. Her last album was released 9 years ago. She's had a couple bit parts in some movies and TV shows since then, but nothing major. She's played 5 concerts since 2016 according to her Setlist.fm page (and nothing since 2019). She's done some modeling since then, but that alone can't be paying the bills (she isn't exactly Kate Moss level famous). Even if she's independently wealthy or has a rich uncle paying her bills, just what do you do all day if you're not making or performing music? Wake up at noon and play video games?

I've mentioned Sky Ferreira, but this isn't so much about her as it is about Lauryn Hill or Kevin Shields or D'Angelo or any other artist who's gone more than 5 years since putting out an album and is decades away from retirement age.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

As it stands

2. Duster - Together
3. Jack White - Fear of The Dawn
4. Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up Here
5. FKA Twigs - Caprisongs
6. Animal Collective - Time Skiffs
7. Boris - W
8. Fontaines DC - Skinty Fia
9. Christain Lee Hutson - Quitters
10. Mike Dean - Smoke State 42222
11. Placebo - Never Let Me Go

(bubbling under)

- Fivio Foreign - BIBLE
- Rammstein - Zeit
- Soul Glo - Diaspora Problems
Edre the Depeche Head
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

2 disappointments from follow-up of favorite albums of recents years.
The new Let's Eat Grandma is a nice listen but I don't think there is much memorable stuff in there, while "I'm All Ears" was full of great moments.
The new Kelly Lee Owens shows an interesting, more ambient new direction, with the best moments sounding a bit like Andy Stott. I might warm over it, I like ambient, but only when I actually wanted to listen to ambient, it's not a genre that works in any situation and I was hoping for great songs to dance to like on Inner Song.

Moving to an ambient album I actually expected to be ambient, the William Basinski/Janek Schaefer collab is beautiful, especially the central drone part.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Been pretty enamored with Fontaines D.C. since the first minute of "Big" back in 2019, and Skinty Fia might be their best album yet.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Two great albums came out today from Arcade Fire and Sharon Van Etten.
Arsalan
Different Class

Post by Arsalan »

The Arcade Fire album is great. 8/10
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

New Black Midi album announced for July 15th! I love how quickly them and BC,NR churn out new material
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

The new Sharon Van Etten album is wonderful musically, but has one of the worst album covers I've seen in a while
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

acroamor wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:03 pm The new Sharon Van Etten album is wonderful musically, but has one of the worst album covers I've seen in a while
Worse than Malibu Ken?
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

acroamor wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:03 pm The new Sharon Van Etten album is wonderful musically, but has one of the worst album covers I've seen in a while
I'll mostly stick up for this one. Other than the fact that SVE looks like Kris Jenner on the cover and that she's lazily photoshopped in I quite like it. I love the "ominous suburban" aesthetic, like there's some great big wildfire heading right toward the house.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

The Fennesz album I thought was new is actually a remaster. Hate it when critic reviews and Spotify reconditions don’t mention an album is actually a remaster.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Arsalan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:23 pm The Arcade Fire album is great. 8/10
I really like The Lightning and Unconditional Love, those together would have made for a fantastic EP.
But I don't care much for WE and Age of Anxiety, and I find End of the Empire pretty bad, so as an album it doesn't fully work for me.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

The Smile - A Light For Attracting Attention: 90/100

Wow while my gods didn't disappoint on this one. You know you are in for a treat when the side project is as good as their main band. With the addition of drummer Tom Skinner, Thom and Jonny craft a magnificently beautiful album that is their most guitar centric release since In Rainbows and I absolutely adore the musicianship across the board on this project. The art rock and borderline math rock sounds of this album are performed so naturally and fluidly that it barley feels like a debut album because they are all seasoned musicians. Lyrically, it is just as potent as most of the material Thom touches. And the tracklist is amazingly consistent with little to no major duds that throw the album off course. It is hard to say how this will grow on me because it will likely be remembered as a side project detour but this is probably my favorite side project I have heard from any of them... and I already loved their solo shit.

Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers: 70/100

K Dot is back with his first album in five years and it is clear he has a lot of statements, both lyrically and musically, to make and the results are an album that is a very good display of his emotions but it's length and features make this his most flawed album since Section 80. Don't get me wrong, Kendrick's "low-point" is still a very good score. There is a lot to love about Mr Morale & The Big Steppers because it is, like most Kendrick projects, ambitious to the bone. That ambition makes for some excellent jazz and experimental rap cuts such as the opening track United In Grief, Father Time, and Crown. However that ambition also added to the length of the projects which means there is more filler on this album than there has been on almost any Kendrick album. Rich Spirit is probably Kendrick's most uninteresting tracks, Baby Keem derails his song as usual, and overall autotune singing Kendrick doesn't sound nearly as good as his pop rap contemporaries like Drake and Kanye. Overall, I was hoping for a bit more of a solid album but it is still good for the most part. Also, for the first time in a long time, Kendrick's messaging is a bit off and a little out of touch. N95 and Auntie Diaries are "conscious" hip hop tracks but the way he words the songs is a bit off putting. Hearing him rap about cancel culture is strange enough but also, Auntie Diaries is his worst song even if intentions were good. I don't give a fuck if your messaging is right, stop using dead names in your lyrics and on purpose for the point of a song. That song just rubs me the wrong way.

My Current List

2. The Smile - A Light For Attracting Attention
3. Duster - Together
4. Jack White - Fear of The Dawn
5. Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up Here
6. FKA Twigs - Caprisongs
7. Animal Collective - Time Skiffs
8. Boris - W
9. Fontaines DC - Skinty Fia
10. Christain Lee Hutson - Quitters
11. Mike Dean - Smoke State 42222
12. Placebo - Never Let Me Go

(bubbling under)

- Fivio Foreign - BIBLE
- Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
- Rammstein - Zeit
Edre the Depeche Head
Arsalan
Different Class

Post by Arsalan »

Yeah, Thom and Johnny are incapable of making bad music. Great, great album.

Fav track: We Don't Know What Tomorrow Brings
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

finally radiohead , arcade fire ,kendrick lamar made new albums ,i remeber since i have found the site (2016-2017) they haven't realeased anything ,hope to see a new frank ocean album
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

Maschine_Man wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:22 am Seems like every couple of days a new album is being announced.
+ Rina Sawayama, Sylvan Esso, Shygirl, Santigold, M.I.A. (born again apparently) and the debut from xx's Oliver Sim. And possibly a new Yeah Yeah Yeahs LP???
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

Wow Just Mustard scored a 92. Funny I was just listening to a band I totally forgot about and when rediscovered enjoy they even more than when I first heard them, Fight Like Apes. More so than Let’s Eat Grandma I thought they were the victims of having chose a very unusual name to put it nicely. And because of that either got lost in the shuffle or are tossed aside as something you’d see off a Dr. Demento compilation. That Just Mustard with a name like that is getting the praise that they are, glad people are seeing more to them than that novelty name. Hoping they do a cover of the Smashing Pumpkins classic Mayonnaise.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

A bunch of great under the radar releases those past few weeks I would happily recommend :

Joe Rainey - Niineta : "avant garde pow wow", it mixes native american chants with field recordings, percussions and electronic music ; it's pretty arresting and moving, an early contender for my "moderately acclaimed" pick.

Maria BC - Hyaline : "low fi folk ?", pretty atmospheric music, often spare and ethereal (it actually only slightly falters when it moves to a more full blown song surprisingly, though it is still pretty great)

Sofie Birch - Holotropica : ambient, there's more happening than in your usual ambient album, even at times with climaxes you'd expect more in post rock than ambient music.
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Mulholland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:03 pm Definitely been a good start to the year.

Going to take a lot to beat CMAT's If My Wife New I’d Be Dead as my favourite debut of the year (Aurora is current at the head of my AOTY race).

Haven't posted on this site for a long time, but kept lurking and not seen anyone mention her and I had to log back in make a post :D
Great call! At the top of my 2022 list as well (so far)!
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

My 2022 'almost half-way point' top 10 list:

1. CMAT - If My Wife Knew I'd Be Dead
2. Harry Styles - Harry's House
3. Arcade Fire - WE
4. Sunflower Bean - Headful Of Sugar
5. Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point
6. The Weeknd - Dawn FM
7. Spoon - Lucifer On The Sofa
8. Orville Peck - Bronco
9. Wet Leg - Wet Leg
10. Aurora - The Gods We Can Touch
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

Finally got around to doing something I vowed not to just based on their description on Metacritic and that was to give Big Thief a chance and listen as open mindedly as possible. So A. Indie band formed in Brooklyn in the 2010s *sigh* B. Indie band formed in Brooklyn in the 2010s signed to 4ad (at one point I thought the world of them, that was then) C. An indie band formed in Brooklyn in the 2010s on 4ad gushed over by the snobs at Pitchfork. My eyes were rolled so far back I looked like the Undertaker posing after a WrestleMania victory. That being said I laughed the way I laughed when i heard the great beloved indie legend icon Tom Waits on the radio for the first time. I should have trusted those instincts. But hey, to each their own.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

luvulongTIM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:56 am C. An indie band formed in Brooklyn in the 2010s on 4ad gushed over by the snobs at Pitchfork.
Funny you mention snobbery when this is probably the most cringingly snobby review I’ve ever read on this forum.
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

Yeah I phrased it to be ironic but before the big post punk revival trend which so far I prefer, I got so tired of reading the same old descriptions almost on a daily basis when reading about new music on Metacritic about another artsy indie band forming in Brooklyn. It just started to sound like a complete copout at a certain point. So by that logic I myself became that very snob rolling my eyes and refusing to acknowledge any of them. And yeah there were so many it became a flavor of the month thing almost like the top 40 generic pop that probably inspired them to form their indie bands and be “different.” So many had already lived out their 15 minutes so I at least expected Big Thief who are one of the few that outlasted the masses to be somewhat subpar. Not the case. OK it’s not top 40 pop so there’s that I guess. Although in 2022 it’s less like Kate Bush running up that hill after 37 years and more like running out of well crafted, melodic, singalong, chorus cluttered, harmonious, catchy, powerfully and emotionally vocalized, song structure ideas. That’s not an indie vs pop thing though( maybe an autotune vs learning how to actually construct a tune). Its just a making a timeless classic record thing. To me it just doesn’t cut it or fit that mold whatsoever. Sorry.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

I think a lot of artists are listed as being from NYC or LA because that's where they move to get noticed or "make it". Like with Big Thief I just searched for Adrianne Lenker, their lead singer, and she was born in Indiana and raised in Minnesota. But either way, not sure why that matters in how you evaluate their music?
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Post by luvulongTIM »

Yeah I get that but the Brooklyn indie scene stuff from that era, ok again with Kate Bush since she’s miraculously all the rage now with in America in 2022 which I still can’t fathom but embrace with every fiber of my being. Someone was trying to differentiate the comparisons between Tori Amos and Kate Bush on a gossip site I like to read (I know and here I am playing the lame game lol). Someone mentioned Tori’s profound lyrical structure where and Kate is just into art for the sake of art. Art but art that is precise and good and is appealing to the ears yet far from pop. To me that wasn’t the case with the indie art scene coming out of Brooklyn and I hate to clump cause I always criticize the critics for continuously clumping Pavement with Pixies and Sonic Youth and feel it’s more like riding their coattails. Brooklyn indie seemed so hellbent on not using pop overtones and keeping things as avant-garde as possible it became more alienating to fans of even say 4ad in the 80s to early 90s who were more focused on keeping a their music well structured with melody and chorus and charm and bouncy harmonies and car singalong swagger, it was fun pretty much my point. When it wasn’t they knew how to work the strings and orchestral dramatics to a tee while it was still structured. Not some dreary spread out composition piece that feels like all the venom from yesterday’s indie highlights had been sucked out. That to my ears seemed very Brooklyn centric as opposed to the SoCal scene with the cool all grrl punk acts or throwback garage acts influenced by Fanny and the Pandoras and Suzy Quattro and much earlier. Throw in the harmonizing of The Beach Boys, it all makes sense, the production, the foundation, the build. Things looked very promising in Brooklyn after Pains of Being Pure of Heart and Cults but it turns out they were out of place and got phased out for anything that was as accessible opposing polar opposite possible and it just completely lagged imo. I knew what to expect pretty much and I found myself cringing too often to want to deal with anymore of it. I notice, I can’t help it, call it fads, call it trends, patterns, call it getting old which I thought but again I’m really enjoying the post punk trend in the UK lately.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Some new additions.

3. 070 Shake - You Can't Kill Me (86/100)

070 Shake has one of the best voices in modern alternative rnb and is also the best of Kanye's protégés over the last five years. The production on the album is amazing, Mike Dean kills it. Some of the tracks such as Heaven remind me of what Ye was going for on Donda but simply much better executed with Shake's hauntingly beautiful processed vocals. The whole project is super cohesive and is tied together with solid writing, beautiful arrangements and vocals, and Mike Dean production. Its kinda like that KayCyy album but better.

8. Warpaint - Radiate Like This (80/100)

Damn this was a pretty great album. I actually saw these guys live a few years back when they opened for Depeche Mode but never dived into their music much but this was really good. A consistent vibe with strong song writing and direction to tie it all together. I've heard some of their older stuff and I wanna go back and listen to more now.

15. Lime Cordiale - Cordi Elba (75/100)

Not going to lie, I really liked this ep. I already liked Lime’s summery indie pop sound and Idris Elba actually fit quite well and made for a catchy fun ep but still had moments to appreciate their artistry. Elba sounded quite good on most of the tracks and Lime was doing their thing.

(bubbling) Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache (69/100)

Overall, Twelve Carat Toothache may have an odd title and more skippable tracks than any of his previous projects, but it some how stays tied together, loosely, but still tied together. Posty clearly has something to say and wasn't wrong by hinting it was his most emotionally potent album. The execution is less consistent than say Beerbongs & Bentleys but when the album misses it usually isn't horrible but mid and forgettable, but when the album hits it makes for either a few catchy pop rap tunes or emotional Posty deepcuts. It isn't his greatest work but it is for the most part a decent addition to his catalog. Though I believe many ideas hear can be improved upon.

My Current List

2. The Smile - A Light For Attracting Attention
3. 070 Shake - You Can't Kill Me
4. Duster - Together
5. Jack White - Fear of The Dawn
6. Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up Here
7. FKA Twigs - Caprisongs
8. Warpaint - Radiate Like This
9. Animal Collective - Time Skiffs
10. Boris - W
11. Fontaines DC - Skinty Fia
12. Christain Lee Hutson - Quitters
13. Mike Dean - Smoke State 42222
14. Placebo - Never Let Me Go
15. Lime Cordiale - Cordi Elba

(bubbling under)

- Fivio Foreign - BIBLE
- Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
- Rammstein - Zeit
- Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache
Edre the Depeche Head
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

We're almost halfway through the year and I must say I'm pretty contend with the releases thus far.

Some favorites:
- King Hanna | I'm Not Sorry, I Was Just Being Me
- Black Country, New Road | Ants from up There
- Ethel Cain | Preacher's Daughter
- Lil Supa | Yeyo
- The Smile | A Light for Attracting Attention
- 40 Watt Sun | Perfect Light
- Silvana Estrada | Marchita
- Portico Quartet | Next Stop (EP)
- Beach House | Once Twice Melody
- Paavoharju & Joose Keskitalo | Happiness
- Angel Olsen - Big Time
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Not sure why I declined to mention Nilüfer Yanya's Painless...

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”