No site update until 2024

Henrik
Site Admin

No site update until 2024

Post by Henrik »

Hi everyone!

I mentioned about a year ago that I had started a new job, at the Swedish Election Authority. I really love this job, but it has been very busy so far and will continue to be for a long time, since we're building a new it system for the Swedish general election next year. Also, while my health issues have improved somewhat, they have not disappeared. They are probably stress-related, so I have to do other things than computer work during my spare time, to be fit for my work duties. Thus it has not been possible for me to do a site update this year, and I will definitely not have more time next year. Truth is, I need to take some time off duty to be able to catch up.

I would love to take that time off at some point though, and I have talked to my boss about it, but it will probably not be possible until after the EU election 2024. Then, on the other hand, I should have rather plenty of time...

Thanks Holden and Sweepstakes Ron for your work on the end-of-year spreadsheets. I am so grateful for your hard work! It will not be lost! I also hope to add many of the lists that Pierre, StevieFan, lagire and many others have compiled for me in different spreadsheets over the years. In 2024...

In the meantime, I hope the forum will continue to be active! Thank you all for making it such a great place! :romance-grouphug:
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
panam
Full of Fire

Re: No site update until 2024

Post by panam »

Hello my friend Henrik, I hope you are well. Maybe it's a dumb question, but when you mean update until 2024 you mean adding new lists but also the next correction of errors in the last update? Especially things with wrong links or wrong spelling..

Namaste and love to you :)
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

Henrik, I've said this many times before, and I will continue to say it: the fact that you've kept this site going as long as you have (over 20 years!) is nothing short of remarkable. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do. Good luck with everything!
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

No worries Henrik! Best of luck with the job!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Hey listen, I've already been collecting lists for the last four years and I'll do it for another four happily as long as you're doing what you love and keeping busy. You deserve good things, Henrik.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

I’ll echo what everyone else said, I think most of us already assume that it’ll just get updated whenever you have time, it’s amazing the work you’ve put into this! Please don’t feel pressured to do work on this site at the expense of your career.

Also the job sounds very exciting, I wish you and your family the best.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

I would love to hear more about your job with the election authority. I was a member of the civil grand jury in Santa Clara County and we completed an investigation regarding recount mandates. I plan to PM you regarding this subject matter shortly.

I am looking forward to the next update - whenever it might be.

Thanks for keeping this website alive.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

I’m glad you are prioritising your wellbeing, Henrik. This year I learned the hard way that not managing stress well takes its toll on you. So kick back and relax whenever you can, rather than worrying about site updates. :whistle: And thank you for only postponing the update (even if it’s for three years :D) rather cancelling it altogether. Wishing you all the best with everything you do, as always.
...will keep us together.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Glad you're enjoying the new job and that your health has improved. If you need any help from the technical side (the website, automation, etc.) I'd be glad to help!
slick
Movin' On Up

Post by slick »

Henrik, congrats my friend on the new job, improved health and continuing to keep this site going. I have enjoyed this site for 15+ years and try to participate on the forum as much as possible. It has also been an essential part of my ongoing research and I am sure I'm not the only one who will be anxiously awaiting the next update in 3 years!!!
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Congrats on the new job.
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

Glad you love your job and that your health is better, Henrik. I always love the updates, but I love the community even more. I'm just thankful that you've kept this site going all these years. My life would definitely be missing a lot without it.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

honestly, enjoy your new job as much as you can. And even if it's not 2024, even if it's 2030 that the site will be updated or never, it doesn't matter.
Keep taking good care of yourself and thanks for everything you've done here.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Sad to hear we won't get an update within a few years, not gonna lie, but of course I echo the sentiment that Henrik needs to take the time he needs. Work and especially health definitely take precedence.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Hi Henrik!! Glad to know about your new job, it's great that you have this opportunity. Take all the time you need for your new job and for the improvement on your health. We are all grateful for your hard work on the site, we will wait patiently for the new update.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Thanks everyone for your patience and kind words!
sickboy83
Are You Experienced?

Post by sickboy83 »

Hey man, I've been following the site since freaking forever, not much of a poster here on the forum, but I just gotta say thank you for all the work you've done... We'll wait for you.
Congratulation on your new job, you deserve it man :music-rockon: :music-rockon: :music-rockon:
I survived. I speak, I breathe,
I'm incomplete
I'm alive - hooray!
You're wrong again
'Cause I feel no love
Ursus Stultus
The Only Way Is Up

Post by Ursus Stultus »

Hi Henrik, have you ever thought of sharing the burden with others? I'm sure there are lots of people here more than capable of doing what you are unable to do at the moment, because of your health and work. The baby is always yours, but you wouldn't be alone on this seemingly impossible task. Ursus
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

today i was wondering when in 2024 the next update will happnen ? when the second next update will happen ? and if we know these two ,to to decide if its better to include EOY 2024 and half-decade(2020-2024) lists
Last edited by VacantJoy on Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

Henrik, any chance of the update happening in 2023?

* fingers crossed here * :)
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Bruno wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:03 pm Henrik, any chance of the update happening in 2023?

* fingers crossed here * :)
No, there is a lot of work ahead of us
who0225
Debut

Post by who0225 »

I started listening music when i first met your site. Whithout anything about western music, i really turn to enjoy finding which music is my type. And now I hope one day i make a my own song through mixing my favorite songs that i found in your website. Thanks to you, i can pass my some difficult parts of my life. So i really want your happy moment in your every life, and also hope your rest life will be happy. Lastly thank you.
My favorite songs - live bed show (pulp), (song for my) sugar spun sister (the stone roses)
My favorite artist - oasis
My favorite albums - funeral (arcade fire)
From one korean fan
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

who0225 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:34 pm I started listening music when i first met your site. Whithout anything about western music, i really turn to enjoy finding which music is my type. And now I hope one day i make a my own song through mixing my favorite songs that i found in your website. Thanks to you, i can pass my some difficult parts of my life. So i really want your happy moment in your every life, and also hope your rest life will be happy. Lastly thank you.
My favorite songs - live bed show (pulp), (song for my) sugar spun sister (the stone roses)
My favorite artist - oasis
My favorite albums - funeral (arcade fire)
From one korean fan
you're welcome , if you know any source from Korea we would be glad to include it as we don't have any
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

ASTA Int'l Media.
DAZED KOREA.
Design House.
Doosan Magazine.
THE CELEBRITY.
디자인하우스
do these have lists?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Henrik wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:33 am Hi everyone!

I mentioned about a year ago that I had started a new job, at the Swedish Election Authority. I really love this job, but it has been very busy so far and will continue to be for a long time, since we're building a new it system for the Swedish general election next year. Also, while my health issues have improved somewhat, they have not disappeared. They are probably stress-related, so I have to do other things than computer work during my spare time, to be fit for my work duties. Thus it has not been possible for me to do a site update this year, and I will definitely not have more time next year. Truth is, I need to take some time off duty to be able to catch up.

I would love to take that time off at some point though, and I have talked to my boss about it, but it will probably not be possible until after the EU election 2024. Then, on the other hand, I should have rather plenty of time...

Thanks Holden and Sweepstakes Ron for your work on the end-of-year spreadsheets. I am so grateful for your hard work! It will not be lost! I also hope to add many of the lists that Pierre, StevieFan, lagire and many others have compiled for me in different spreadsheets over the years. In 2024...

In the meantime, I hope the forum will continue to be active! Thank you all for making it such a great place! :romance-grouphug:
Time for another update, not a very AM-positive one I’m afraid…

When I took the job at the election authority, I thought it would be a job with intense work periods around the elections, mixed with quiet periods inbetween. But there are so many things going on all the time and I have also undertaken a greater responsibility. It’s the best job I’ve ever had, but also the busiest one. That ”plenty of time in 2024” statement is definitely not true anymore. I don’t know if it will be possible for me to do a site update then. If it will, it will be primarily to catch up with the last years’ end of year lists.

Thanks Vacantjoy, StevieFan and everyone else for all the lists you have added to the critics lists section!!! Some day I hope to find time to build a system where new lists can be added to the AM database without a lot of work from me. This system should probably also include a voting procedure among forumers to decide which lists are eligible. But that is a rather big project, I don’t know if or when that could happen.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Henrik wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:15 am
Henrik wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:33 am Hi everyone!

Time for another update, not a very AM-positive one I’m afraid…

When I took the job at the election authority, I thought it would be a job with intense work periods around the elections, mixed with quiet periods inbetween. But there are so many things going on all the time and I have also undertaken a greater responsibility. It’s the best job I’ve ever had, but also the busiest one. That ”plenty of time in 2024” statement is definitely not true anymore. I don’t know if it will be possible for me to do a site update then. If it will, it will be primarily to catch up with the last years’ end of year lists.

Thanks Vacantjoy, StevieFan and everyone else for all the lists you have added to the critics lists section!!! Some day I hope to find time to build a system where new lists can be added to the AM database without a lot of work from me. This system should probably also include a voting procedure among forumers to decide which lists are eligible. But that is a rather big project, I don’t know if or when that could happen.
First of all, congratulations on reaching your professional goals and knowing that you are having a good time at work. Due to the issue of the difficulty of a future update, for those of us who have been on the forum for years, we knew that it was a possible scenario and we understand it. My personal fear was that with the recent indiscriminate lists postings on the forums, the work would be even more difficult, but as you said, it's very difficult to do more than add the most recent yearly lists. Likewise, if there is a way to help with a little bit, we are here, take care of yourself.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Thanks for the kind words, panam!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Exactly what he said, Henrik
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Maybe as Henrik said we should decentralize the power and divide the work among all of us and not just one person,i think its a good idea for some forumites to have a vote on eligibility criteria ( to voting on the lists that could meet the requirements but are debatable*) (i say some because there are bots,spammers and etch ), i personally would like to have an opinion in EOD 2010s and to some new sources because i have devoted so much time in this section, from 2017 and onwards except the EOYs and EODs 2010 which are incomplete by now because we have added more lists in these section we have only included 2 Rolling Stones lists , so basically all the lists that have been added to the site sit in oblivion the last 6 years,so we may find a way to collect and add all these info with the help of everyone, keep up the great work guys ! Best of luck to your job Henrik and to the other forumites!
Last edited by VacantJoy on Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Henrik is not referring to voting to change the eligibility criteria but to voting on the lists that could meet the requirements but are debatable, but always following the rules that Henrik considers for admission to AM
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Yeap that's what i meant panam!

I also want to mention that i have offered my help to Henrik for the 2024 Update though i can't interfere with the AM database
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

I finally completed listening to the top 10,000 songs :-)

I am so grateful to Henrik for keeping this site alive and when possible updated.

My interest now grows about whether we will be graced with a 2024 update, or more likely have an update in a subsequent year.

Lots to look forward to.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Alena_03
Strange Fruit

Post by Alena_03 »

Will the new update include classical?
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

Not trying to be pushy but any idea or estimate when we might get a new update?
Edre the Depeche Head
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Edre Depeche Head wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 pm Not trying to be pushy but any idea or estimate when we might get a new update?
No problem asking, but I don’t have an answer. Well, hopefully either late 2024, or 2025… Until June my focus will be on my job (the EU election).
fionalive
Are You Experienced?

Post by fionalive »

Yeah it would be cool if there is a way we could do some of the work (like data entry or whatever) so you can quickly add a list in or something.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”