90%
No
10%

Total votes: 41

Holden
Never Going Back Again

Should Hymie/Bruce’s ballot remain in the AMF All Time Songs Poll

Post by Holden »

Title says it all. No guarantees I follow the results of this poll, but I’d like to know where people are at.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Should Hymie/Bruce’s ballot remain in the AMF All Time Songs Poll

Post by Jirin »

I voted yes. Hymie’s musical taste was his one positive contribution.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Even though banning him was the right move, I don't see what removing his list does for any of us. I vote it should stay.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

The boomer's list will help the boomer songs, especially the 50s and earlier which are, as I see it, underrepresented. So yes.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

A vote is a vote. Keep it.
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Alright his vote is staying. Sorry to the one person who voted no.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

My one request would be that we don't include him for the Biggest Fan topic series - I quickly started avoiding that series because his choices featured so frequently and it became a place for him to attack everyone else's favorites. Even without him being here to do the latter, I'd rather him not be enshrined there simply because his taste are at odds with everyone else's - though this would be Rob's decision more than anything.

Like, there were absolutely threads I completely ignored just because I did not want to engage with his ideas. As much as he provided another perspective, his presence caused both me and at least ordinaryperson to disengage; I'm sure there are others.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

BleuPanda wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 am My one request would be that we don't include him for the Biggest Fan topic series - I quickly started avoiding that series because his choices featured so frequently and it became a place for him to attack everyone else's favorites. Even without him being here to do the latter, I'd rather him not be enshrined there simply because his taste are at odds with everyone else's - though this would be Rob's decision more than anything.
I only saw this topic after posting today's entry, which happens to be a Hymie cut. I personally would be for keeping his songs, as they do add to the diversity that is a main draw of the topic for me and I think many others. Besides, I believe the music is innocent of the transgressions of one fan. This version of Biggest Fan Songs is nearing it's end at #1000 (I'll reboot it after our new collective list is revealed) and I'm not sure if I want to remove Hymie's entries and votes at this stage.

If anybody else has strong feelings on this, feel free to mention it.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Rob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:09 am
BleuPanda wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 am My one request would be that we don't include him for the Biggest Fan topic series - I quickly started avoiding that series because his choices featured so frequently and it became a place for him to attack everyone else's favorites. Even without him being here to do the latter, I'd rather him not be enshrined there simply because his taste are at odds with everyone else's - though this would be Rob's decision more than anything.
I only saw this topic after posting today's entry, which happens to be a Hymie cut. I personally would be for keeping his songs, as they do add to the diversity that is a main draw of the topic for me and I think many others. Besides, I believe the music is innocent of the transgressions of one fan. This version of Biggest Fan Songs is nearing it's end at #1000 (I'll reboot it after our new collective list is revealed) and I'm not sure if I want to remove Hymie's entries and votes at this stage.

Sorry, I meant for once you switch over to the new list, not the 2018 edition.
Elder
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Elder »

If he doesn't request the deletion, I have no problem keeping the list.
Fetch the Bolt Cutters...
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

If only there was a way to give him permission to post lists of things he likes and nothing else.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Rob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:09 am

It'd at least be a case for not doing repeats from the previous 1,000 Biggest Fan songs.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

There was nothing wrong with Bruce's taste. There was definitely something wrong with his psyche

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”