Bruce/Hymie is banned

Honorio
Higher Ground

Bruce/Hymie is banned

Post by Honorio »

Well, finally Henrik and me decided to ban Hymie permanently. We know that according to some forumers this is too late but we, as moderators, would always have liked to have freedom of speech in the forum. Any opinion (preferably expressed in a friendly manner) is welcome here. But this is precisely the problem with Hymie, he acts always in a confrontational and even downright offensive way. His disrespectful way of addressing BleuPanda on the Rolling Stone song list thread was the moment when he crossed the line. His final line here.

Two years ago (more or less) I wanted to do a poll to know the opinion of the forum about banning him. But finally Henrik and I opted for contacting him personally asking him for a more respectful behavior, something that initially seemed to work quite fine. Let me copy and paste the text I wanted to include on this poll that never happened.

“This is the first time we make on the forum a poll like this one. Sadly recent discussions increased the tension inside the forum and the moderators had received reports from some users requesting the ban of Bruce. Since Bruce's participation on the forum carries both positive and negative aspects, Henrik and I have decided to open an anonymous poll to check the feelings of the forum users. Of course your votes will be anonymous but if you want to add your opinions on this thread your name will show, of course. Anyway please feel free to add your comments!

I'm going to begin myself by expressing my ambivalent opinions on Bruce and classifying it as pros and cons. I'm going to limit myself to three items each in order to not to come as too partial.

A) PROS of maintaining Bruce as member of the forum:
- He's active on the forum, keeping alive interesting events created by himself like the Artist Polls. I'm listening right now to the complete discography of Elvis Presley (now with 475 songs on my playlist) and these polls are something I am going to miss if we ban Bruce.
- Apart from creating events himself he participates in many other polls and games. And his taste so different to the rest of the forum members enriches the final results of our polls, adding more variety and particularly widening the time periods.
- His intimate knowledge of a period of the popular music history usually overlooked on many critics lists sheds light to some songs and artists not too well-known by many forum members. You can see this situation on games like "biggest fan" when some of us are exposed for the first time to doo-wop or early rhythm&blues tracks.

B) CONS of maintaining Bruce as member of the forum:
- Bruce defends his opinions in a way that aims for confrontation, generating angry answers that create negative feed-backs and vicious circles. A recent example, Bruce thinks that music's not an art but a craft. And he has the right of having this opinion, of course, even if almost every definition in the dictionaries state otherwise (music is "the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession" according to Merriam-Webster). But when Nick said something along these lines all he got was " Are you REALLY going to use Wikipedia as your proof source?"
- Bruce's answers usually are offensive and make other people on the forum feel bad. Henrik has received some signinifcant PMs, as an example an user complained about Hymie "trying to make me sound like a complete idiot, rather than actually trying to discuss the points I made."
- If we ban Hymie it would be the third time we do it. First as SavoyBG and then as Bruce. Even though we banned his IP address, he always comes back disguised as someone else, having initially a more discreet attitude but sooner or later revealing himself as confrontational and offensive.”

The examples I used then were recent ones. In these last two years there have been many more.

So, SavoyBG / Bruce / Hymie, I'm asking you to not come back here again disguised under any other name. Many AM users made reports about you and many of us (including Henrik and me) have felt bad because of your comments. So please go back to Digital Dream Door but don't go back here again.

Dear users of the AM Forum, sorry for not banning Hymie earlier. Please feel free to add your thoughts on the subject on this thread.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Re: Bruce/Hymie is banned

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Well, it seemed like a sooner or later sort of thing.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Well said Honorio. This decision is very understandable. Bruce's belligerence has been an issue for years, and despite coming back with new accounts after being banned more than once he never seemed willing to be civil.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Just to be clear, if anyone somehow doubted the connection, he's been sending me messages through my Wordpress while using an email with SavoyBG in the address.

Among them, he left us a poignant parting message:
"Now you folks can go back to your continuous circle jerk."

Enjoy the circle jerk, everyone!

He also tried very hard to make a joke about how I must have given a blowjob to a panda ('blew panda'), which I thought was an inane non-sequitur before remembering my most recent ex has a red panda fursona, so I guess he got me there.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

So sorry to hear that, BleuPanda. And apologies for delaying the ban...
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

My biggest problem was not his belligerence, but the infrequency that his comments led to good discussion. He was that old rock (and roll) wall in the conversation road that you kept running into and breaking your nose on. Just always stuck on the same issue to the point of meaninglessness.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Ngl, he was one of the reasons why I stopped posting in the music sections of this forum.
There is No More Firmament.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

BleuPanda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:32 pm Enjoy the circle jerk, everyone!
Should we do it while listening to wrong music wrongly?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I don’t like anyone shooting down anyone else’s opinion and making them feel bad. Music should bring people together, not tear them apart. Bruce was the worst kind of snob, completely opposed to anything outside his little nostalgic bubble and after a certain time period. Makes me sad more than anything, limiting yourself that much.
“Am I really that out of touch? No…it’s the children who are wrong.” - Bruce
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

BleuPanda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:32 pm Just to be clear, if anyone somehow doubted the connection, he's been sending me messages through my Wordpress while using an email with SavoyBG in the address.

Oh, I for one plan to! :mrgreen:

I was probably more patient with He Of Many Names than most, but this step has been a long time coming. Once I saw his exchange with you last night I knew that would probably be the final straw. It's really not that difficult to show basic respect for people.

I just went on YouTube to see if there was an isolated clip of Eddie Murphy's Mr. Robinson from SNL saying "I'm so glad the bitch is gone!" that I could post, but there isn't, so I'll just say that I'm so glad the you-know-what is gone.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Also, gender isn’t real, Black Lives Matter, and Honey Hush is sexist
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Harold wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:01 pm
BleuPanda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:32 pm Just to be clear, if anyone somehow doubted the connection, he's been sending me messages through my Wordpress while using an email with SavoyBG in the address.

Oh, I for one plan to! :mrgreen:

I was probably more patient with He Of Many Names than most, but this step has been a long time coming. Once I saw his exchange with you last night I knew that would probably be the final straw. It's really not that difficult to show basic respect for people.

I just went on YouTube to see if there was an isolated clip of Eddie Murphy's Mr. Robinson from SNL saying "I'm so glad the bitch is gone!" that I could post, but there isn't, so I'll just say that I'm so glad the you-know-what is gone.
https://youtu.be/jsaTElBljOE
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I also love how he calls it a circle jerk, as if we all agree on loving the same kinds of music. It gets so boring when we all agree AC/DC is the best band ever, am I right?
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

I seem to be one of the few who isn't all that happy about Hymie being banned. Having said that, I didn't read any of the mentioned posts on the Rolling Stone list thread (where has that gone anyway?!) and the pm's/mails he supposedly send to BleuPanda are definitely out of order. Sorry to hear about that BleuPanda, you've got our support.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Gillingham wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm I seem to be one of the few who isn't all that happy about Hymie being banned. Having said that, I didn't read any of the mentioned posts on the Rolling Stone list thread (where has that gone anyway?!) and the pm's/mails he supposedly send to BleuPanda are definitely out of order. Sorry to hear about that BleuPanda, you've got our support.
It's in the Critics List version of the Rolling Stone thread
Mason
Wannabe

Post by Mason »

I'm still relatively new to this forum in the grand scheme of things, and haven't had that much interaction with Hymie before. Regardless, I'm fine with him being banned, because after watching the argument last night unfold as well as hearing what others have said about him, he seems to cause conflict frequently and disrupts the intended calm atmosphere of the forum.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

He didn't have any right bugging someone on another site they go to. The last time he lashed out, instead of mentioning blowjobs, I think he said you can all get back to sucking each other's cocks... Also, I think he made a joke about Michael Jackson's manliness once and told someone (on the Dream Door site) to eat a dick. That's why I was surprised when he got angry about the gay Jersey high school grad's mic being cut off. So I'm not sure if he's tolerant but is......bad at it? As far as blowing the pronouns, I think some people are slow on the uptake with this.
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

It is perfectly possible to disagree with someone's opinion without offending them in the process. The vast majority of people on this forum have that ability. Gender, sexuality, race etc. are irrelevant to this.

Being a moderator on any forum is a thankless task, and I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Henrik, Honorio and any other moderators that have to make these difficult decisions on our behalf. For the little it is worth, I believe they have made the right decision here, for the right reason.
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
Listen later: https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-last/
Wezzo
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Wezzo »

His knowledge of his favoured era is clearly exceptional, and if only his comments would stick to discussion of the actual music I'd really enjoy his presence here, but his attitude towards certain members as people - especially bleupanda - is so upsetting that I think this is the right thing to do.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I thought his different taste added to the forum. But his attitude toward anyone who didn’t have the same taste as him as consistently dismissive and disrespectful.

His many cases of accusing people’s lists of not having any “Black music”, even though his own never had any female music, and then when you point out the hip hop and indie rock with black members, or even Jimi Freaking Hendrix on your list claiming authority on what did and did not count as “Black music”.
Akhenaten
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Akhenaten »

If anybody was in a "continuous circle" of the same statements (I can't say arguments) over and over and over again...
But I was caught, like a fleeting thought,
Stuck inside Leonard Cohen's mind
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

It’s always tough to ban someone. However, it seems his participation came at the expense of participation of others. And while he did indeed have knowledge of particular eras and styles of music that are not well-represented here, that’s not a reason to allow someone to continue to post content that regularly detracts from the positive engagement on the forum.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

Just seeing this all for the first time, good riddance.

I obviously haven't done a good job of hiding my disdain for Hymie's behavior in the past, it's difficult to have any respect for someone who is so toxic and has gleeful disrespect for everyone else. To put it straight, he's a bully. I have no tolerance for abusive people like that and have dedicated my career around dismantling bullies like him of all contexts so it can be difficult for me to hold my tongue when someone is actively trying to victimize others.

So, Bruce/Hymie, if you decide to sneak back into the forum again let it be under the assumption that I will respond to every one of your abusive tirades until you are banned again. Also, Hymie if you're reading this I want it to be clear that you have a shamefully poor emotional intelligence given your repeated tantrums on the forum and someone your age should not be regurgitating so many fallacies that make you look foolish and waste everybody's time. Get a life, stop trolling strangers online, and consider going to therapy. (As a side note your performative display of having some non-white people in your life in the Rolling Stone thread is transparently anecdotal, maybe try reevaluating your stance on that as well.)

Much more importantly, BleuPanda I'm so sorry that you had to endure that kind of abhorrent harassment from him, my sister is trans and my brother is non-binary so I find this type of behavior particularly repugnant and inexcusable. This is a surprisingly diverse forum in terms of age, nationality, gender, etc. so I hope you still feel welcome here now that Hymie isn't. In the end this is just a forum about loving music but I really value hearing you and other's perspectives on all manner of things so I hope you continue to do that as well.

Sorry for the rant.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Yeah, the pronoun trouble I felt was a bannable offense. Is it that much trouble to have common human decency?

It always seemed like he was trying to pick a fight like in the predictions and Grammys thread. Though again, his incidents didn't quite cross the line until today.
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
Safetycat
Feeling Good

Post by Safetycat »

Good riddance, I spent many hours baffled by his takes.

I'll say it was very validating to click on the report button for that comment and see it already reported. Also I am very pleased to be on a forum that takes these issues seriously!!! Thank you!
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

To paraphrase a famous French comedian: "The day a legendary member of the forum will leave, I will cry, but today, I will take mussels twice"
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

So, I haven't looked yet at the Rolling Stone topic since the list reveal as I want to go through the list in my own tempo, reading every write-up and keeping results a surprise. For that reason I don't know what transpired there. But as someone who has dealt with Hymie for two and a half year on a daily basis through Biggest Fan Songs I do have feelings on this. They are ambivalent like Honorio. Hymie's passion for and knowledge of his beloved genres was an asset. I don't mind so much that he didn't like music outside his own bubble, but his tone in declaring this became increasingly obnoxious. He had many interesting ideas, even about modern music, but you couldn't talk about it with him, because he wasn't interested in discussion, but in being right. This created "conversations" that contained selective quoting, quoting out of context, ageism, non sequiturs and weird side-tangents. That for me eventually took away from his better contributions. The last year he slowly slipped back in Bruce mode and his tone became more aggressive.

I tend to not like the idea of banning someone even if my tolerance for Hymie was wearing thin, but I agree that if actual hate speech is getting used measures need to be taken. I hope nobody felt hurt during the Biggest Fan games.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

While I can say he never personally went after me in as horrible a way as he did others, I will say he often made me feel bad about liking different kinds of music and that’s part of why I haven’t participated in Biggest Fan as often as others.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Live in Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:16 pm
Gillingham wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm I seem to be one of the few who isn't all that happy about Hymie being banned. Having said that, I didn't read any of the mentioned posts on the Rolling Stone list thread (where has that gone anyway?!) and the pm's/mails he supposedly send to BleuPanda are definitely out of order. Sorry to hear about that BleuPanda, you've got our support.
It's in the Critics List version of the Rolling Stone thread
Thanks! Should have read that before commenting here.
aalamar
Strange Fruit

Post by aalamar »

Well done, Honorio: "Dura lex, sed lex".
Elder
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Elder »

Hymie was a very incoherent person, especially in his defense of the mainstrean, as his list had lesser known clippings than the VU.
He was always very exaggerated, but his outbreak with posting photos on the RS thread was very disproportionate.
The case gets worse when we find out that he offends people outside the forum, it really is tricky.
If he were less redundant in his arguments repeating himself in the same arguments he would be a nice guy.
Last edited by Elder on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fetch the Bolt Cutters...
Elder
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Elder »

Anyway, RollingStone lists really bring out the worst in human beings
Fetch the Bolt Cutters...
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Rob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:19 am This created "conversations" that contained selective quoting, quoting out of context, ageism, non sequiturs and weird side-tangents.
I never quite figured out the Hymie formula of liking music. With all this talk of popularity OBJECTIVELY settling the issue (ABBA pisses on Joni Mitchell, did you know that? See their concert promoter offers), it seemed like we should have just been hearing him talk about Hootie & the Blowfish (who I hope you know outsold Nirvana's Nevermind), and ABBA, and boy bands, not music from the '50s and earlier that has largely, right or wrong, fallen into obscurity. Or did a musician transcend worldwide popularity altogether if a customer once asked for him an old record at his old record store gig? This became untenable to me back in, God, 2013 I think, when I must have mentioned that Lou Reed had a top 10 album back in the day, as if "you have no choice but to respect this album," and then he quickly moved the goalposts.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

To be fair, Hymie always said his own taste was not mainstream. He just thought that music lists by critics and the likes should reflect the mainstream and Billboard (even if he could hardly acknowledge there were big hits since the mid-eighties). This because he didn't understand the concept of music as art of a form of expression.
But I guess further analyzing his online persona is not the most useful thing to do.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Rob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:44 pm To be fair, Hymie always said his own taste was not mainstream. He just thought that music lists by critics and the likes should reflect the mainstream and Billboard (even if he could hardly acknowledge there were big hits since the mid-eighties). This because he didn't understand the concept of music as art of a form of expression.
But I guess further analyzing his online persona is not the most useful thing to do.
If anything, this new list swings even further toward the mainstream. Livin' on a Prayer, Don't Stop Believin', I Want It That Way, and the like wouldn't have even been considered for earlier versions of the list. Heck, I'm surprised a song like Wannabe didn't make the cut this time.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

I have a feeling that Hymie/Bruce will be back, of course with a different username. If the mods are fairly certain that it's him don't hesitate and ban him outright.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

About a month or two ago I got into an unfortunate argument with him where he made it clear with much hostility that pretty much much all music after the 70s is trash and he showed little interest in hearing anyone else opinion and would use inappropriate and angry language to anyone who disagreed. It is obvious he played a big role in the communities polls and activities but we should have no tolerance of people that use their close-minded view of music as an excuse to harass the rest of us on this forum who just want to have fun and engaging activities to get closer with the community and to discover new music.
Edre the Depeche Head
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Dexter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:11 pm I have a feeling that Hymie/Bruce will be back, of course with a different username. If the mods are fairly certain that it's him don't hesitate and ban him outright.
Well at this point it's pretty obvious what the board thinks of you, if you've been banned 3 times. We already have millions of posts from him to look back on showing his aesthetic and his song lists. This was never his primary home in the first place, so I never figured out why he kept insistently showing up here...
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Rob wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:44 pm To be fair, Hymie always said his own taste was not mainstream. He just thought that music lists by critics and the likes should reflect the mainstream and Billboard (even if he could hardly acknowledge there were big hits since the mid-eighties). This because he didn't understand the concept of music as art of a form of expression.
If you pressed him on that point it was obvious all he cared about was pushing the list toward one he agreed with and not an actual belief that popularity influenced artistic merit. His rhetoric was only a wedge to get his own favorites boosted.

He thought popularity should influence critical opinion in the areas his favorites were more popular only.

All he really cared about in the end was correcting the injustice of albums he hated being too high on Henrik’s list.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Also, I think the proper response to “Hootie outsold Nirvana” is “How many people listen to them now”?

Nirvana: 20,000,000 monthly Spotify listeners
Hootie: 2,500,000

I’m sure he’s find some way to explain why 20 million people still listening 30 years later isn’t as important as strict units sold.

That’s before even getting to points about accessibility and broadness not being inherent markers of quality and the huge sections of the market who just listen to whatever is marketed to them and has hot people in the video.
Last edited by Jirin on Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

I PM'd Hymie three years ago and again last week to try to help him understand why there is good reason for him to change some of his behavior, and that people here don't merely dismiss him because his tastes differ from ours. He said, "Sorry, but I can't agree with most of your advice. This entire forum is like one big circle jerk..."

I should have known that was going to be futile, but it's still sad to see. I could tell he was getting closer to the edge, and days later he went over it. I'm sorry about what you were subjected to, BleuPanda. The moderators didn't have much of a choice at that point.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

What I don't get is why someone who dismisses this forum as a "circle jerk" keeps coming back after being banned. What's the allure? To be condescending?
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Listyguy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:18 pm What I don't get is why someone who dismisses this forum as a "circle jerk" keeps coming back after being banned. What's the allure? To be condescending?
I don’t want to speculate too much on the life of someone I’ve only interacted with on a music forum, but I get the feeling that Bruce is a very lonely person. Not that his supposed loneliness justifies his hostility, but it would explain why he keeps coming back, despite being banned an incredible three times from the AMF.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Jirin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:00 pm
If you pressed him on that point it was obvious all he cared about was pushing the list toward one he agreed with and not an actual belief that popularity influenced artistic merit. His rhetoric was only a wedge to get his own favorites boosted.

He thought popularity should influence critical opinion in the areas his favorites were more popular only.

All he really cared about in the end was correcting the injustice of albums he hated being too high on Henrik’s list.
I think this is exactly it.

Thanks everyone for keeping this topic balanced and civil. I hope we can all inspire each other in a friendly way now, sharing personal lists and debating music without getting offensive.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

Not to belabor the point, but one of my "favorite" arguments of his came recently when he was trying to prove (to Zombeels I think) that "Tell Her No" was from 1964.
The proof?
"My friend Frank Castellano bought the 45 on December 27, 1964 at a store in Asbury Park, NJ."

This just cracked me up. I mean, who am I to question the memory of Frank Castellano?

I was going to respond with, "Well, December 27, 1964 was actually a Sunday, and it's probable the record store was closed that day..." but held off. I got pretty good at holding my tongue when it came to reading his comments.
Last edited by Brad on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Brad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:24 pm Not to belabor the point, but one of my "favorite" arguments of his came recently when he was trying to prove (to Zombeels I think) that "Tell Her No" was from 1965.
The proof?
"My friend Frank Castellano bought the 45 on December 27, 1964 at a store in Asbury Park, NJ."

This just cracked me up. I mean, who am I to question the memory of Frank Castellano?"

I was going to respond with, "Well, December 27, 1964 was actually a Sunday, and it's probable the record store was closed that day..." but held off. I got pretty good at holding my tongue when it came to reading his comments.
Hehehe, that’s hilarious!! You should have responded!!!
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Once upon a time, Mindrocker perhaps gave the worst burn of all...

http://acclaimedmusic.net/forums/viewto ... 596#p12596

This incidentally includes the hilarity of Hymie standing up for that wonderful SavoyBG guy.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Live in Phoenix wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:18 pm Once upon a time, Mindrocker perhaps gave the worst burn of all...

http://acclaimedmusic.net/forums/viewto ... 596#p12596

This incidentally includes the hilarity of Hymie standing up for that wonderful SavoyBG guy.
I love how that thread also has people immediately assuming Hymie is Bruce and him denying it. And the use of circlejerk in the opening post - what a bizarre go-to insult that I am pretty sure no one on the receiving end has ever been offended by.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

I'm pretty sure Hymie was a different person at some point, a fellow DDD forum member perhaps, then Bruce assumed his identity after getting banned the second time.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:46 pm I'm pretty sure Hymie was a different person at some point, a fellow DDD forum member perhaps, then Bruce assumed his identity after getting banned the second time.
I think Sweepstakes Ron is spot-on here. Just from the differing tone of their posts, I thought the same thing. (Bruce was never clever enough to disguise himself.) I think Hymie was a friend who lost interest and handed his account over to Bruce after he'd been banned. (I also think Bruce has been banned 4 times. If I remember right, he had a very brief stint as The Rug Rat, or something like that.)

I somewhat selfishly voted to keep his all-time songs list simply because I think those early years need the representation. (The only thing about him I will miss.) He absolutely needed to be banned, though. For a guy who apparently considers himself "liberal," his post to BleuPanda was clueless and reprehensible. He might say he's not a bigot, but when it comes to the LGBTQ community, he clearly has some serious issues.

One thing's for sure: the last 20 or so songs in Biggest Fan are going to have an advantage over the previous 980, since Bruce was the only voter who regularly gave songs 1-3 ratings.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”