YouTube Video of Greatest Artists (Acclaimedmusic)

b1mb0w
Wannabe

YouTube Video of Greatest Artists (Acclaimedmusic)

Post by b1mb0w »

Hi. I have created two youtube videos to celebrate the great work done here on Acclaimedmusic. They present the 10 greatest songs, albums and artists over time. One video from 1897 to 2019 and the other from 2019 to 1897.

Hope you like them.
B1mb0w

https://youtu.be/1j9kmU8ev1c

https://youtu.be/5wDLMenMBDE

edited 26 Feb 2024 - YouTube is brutal with its copyright protections. I think my video is fair-use and my videos should actually drive more traffic to the official music videos of the acclaimed artists, because they will probably whet the appetite of curious viewers that may be unaware of some of these artists or their songs.

anyway rant over.

If anybody would like to view the original videos, they are available from my shared google drive here:

One video from 1897 to 2019
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbsupm ... drive_link

and the other from 2019 to 1897
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D0kg3p ... drive_link
Last edited by b1mb0w on Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Re: YouTube Video of Greatest Artists (Acclaimedmusic)

Post by Honorio »

Awesome, b1mb0w!!! Thank you very much!
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

The "Bill Bailey" is clearly not the correct version because it's stereo.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

On the first one the sound goes dead after "Be My Baby" and doesn't start again until "Good Vibrations."
b1mb0w
Wannabe

Post by b1mb0w »

Hymie wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 am On the first one the sound goes dead after "Be My Baby" and doesn't start again until "Good Vibrations."
Yes, really annoying. Youtube copyright infringements are too restrictive. They blocked any Beatles, Bob Dylan and Prince and some obscure songs from early 1900's.

The second video uses cover versions to make up for this as best I could.
cheers.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

b1mb0w wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:46 am
Hymie wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 am On the first one the sound goes dead after "Be My Baby" and doesn't start again until "Good Vibrations."
Yes, really annoying. Youtube copyright infringements are too restrictive. They blocked any Beatles, Bob Dylan and Prince and some obscure songs from early 1900's.

The second video uses cover versions to make up for this as best I could.
cheers.
Wow. I never knew they would even block snippets within a video like that.
b1mb0w
Wannabe

Post by b1mb0w »

Hi everybody.

Is the full 1897-2020 album/song/artist update due soon? I am guessing it is due close to 29 Nov 2021.

I plan to make updated youtube videos for these when the data is released on the website.

Cheers
Alex.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Melabondi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:34 pm Oh, man. I adore what you've done. I'm glad sometimes I hear good music besides the stupid stuff promoted nowadays. A cheap non-sens pop song/rap song may have more views than the Beatles, whose music is studied at school.
SOMEBODY SOUND THE HYMIE ALARM!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Nah, more likely the :character-spamcan: alarm
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Melabondi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:34 pm Oh, man. I adore what you've done. I'm glad sometimes I hear good music besides the stupid stuff promoted nowadays. A cheap non-sens pop song/rap song may have more views than the Beatles, whose music is studied at school.
:scared-yipes:
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

bootsy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 am
Just saying, I have to blame you at least a little for the fact that I was the only voter for Who Am I (What's My Name) in the All-Time Songs poll this year. You're like the biggest hip-hop head here! We gotta stick together!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

StevieFan13 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:01 pm
bootsy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 am
Just saying, I have to blame you at least a little for the fact that I was the only voter for Who Am I (What's My Name) in the All-Time Songs poll this year. You're like the biggest hip-hop head here! We gotta stick together!
I am not a songs guy at all. I just don't have any interest in just songs. I'm going to always be an albums person. I did the songs list a couple of years ago and it was a chore. I'm pretty sure I voted for that song back then. Can probably find my list and extended list somewhere on here.
lukayui
Debut

Post by lukayui »

Hey there, thanks a bunch for sharing those YouTube videos! I'm absolutely stoked to check them out and dive into the world of acclaimed music. It's fantastic to see someone passionate about celebrating the greatest artists and their timeless contributions. By the way, have you ever considered partnering with a YouTube marketing agency? They can offer valuable insights and strategies to help you maximize your reach and engagement. It could be a game-changer for your channel! I'm new around here, but I already love the vibe of this forum.
Last edited by lukayui on Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManPerson
Let's Get It On

Post by ManPerson »

Yeah, that was definitely interesting to watch.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”