Predictions: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs update 2021

jdizzle83
Strange Fruit

Predictions: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs update 2021

Post by jdizzle83 »

I saw something on Twitter that led me to believe that ballots for an updated RS 500 songs list went out in May. Seeing as how they did that last year with albums and then published a new top 500 albums list in late September, looks like an updated songs list is coming this Fall. The albums list changed a lot. Based on the trends set there and the critical temperature in general these days, what predictions do you have for an updated RS 500 list? Any predictions regarding the top 5 or top 10?
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Re: Predictions: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs update 2021

Post by Hymie »

I predict that "Don't Stop Believin" will enter the list.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Less rock. More pop and hip hop. More songs by female artists.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

- More diverse and artists of color and female artists will see big gains
- "What's Going On" at #1
- Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" as the highest new entry with Kanye West's "Runaway" not too far behind
- Taylor Swift's "All Too Well" making an entry somewhere
- Around 20-30 new songs, majority of which are from the 2010s
- U2's "Moment of Surrender" is out (shouldn't have been in the 2010 update in the first place)
- Prog rock is still not represented
jdizzle83
Strange Fruit

Post by jdizzle83 »

I agree with a lot of what’s been said! Lots more diversity for sure, lot more hip hop for sure, and more modern songs represented.

I don’t think “What’s Going On” will be number 1 song as well as album, but then again, that could be right. It has the appeal, obviously, of a number one that can unite listeners across age groups and genres, much like the album does.

I actually think number one might be “God Only Knows.” No real basis for this except I think its reputation has grown over the years, and it seems like a classic a lot of folks can get behind.

Another song I think could be number one, with sort of the same appeal as “What’s Going On” and more weight to it thematically and historically than “God Only Knows” is “A Change Is Gonna Come.”

I think “Like a Rolling Stone” still makes the top 10. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” will be top 5. In terms of hip hop, I wouldn’t be surprised to see “Fight the Power” be the highest ranked song and make the top 10. “Juicy” will be high up as well, but “Fight the Power” has that same thematic weight as something like “Change is Gonna Come” so I think it might be higher up than “Juicy” (which I suspect will be top 50 at least).
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

I hope that Like a Rolling Stone remains number one, but I doubt it will. I also doubt What’s Going On gets number one, I don’t think RS would like both the song and album win. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Smells Like Teen Spirit jump to first.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

Let's see, how about some bolder guesses...

Fiona Apple - "Criminal" enters the top 100, as does Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
Kacey Musgraves, Jason Isbell, and some more inscrutable country choice like Eric Church enter the top 500.
No more Eddie Cochran or Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly down to 2 or less songs.
Number one goes to Marvin Gaye again, but for "I Heard It Through the Grapevine".
No more Blondie.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" takes #1
"All My Friends" ranks Top 200
Newer acts like Black Keys and The National will be listed
"Fight The Power" highest hip hop song; is in Top 10
Still no Pearl Jam
"Royals" will be on the list
The most recent entry will probably be "I Know the End"; but maybe "Shameika" could be as well
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Probably no Arcade Fire, and only two LCD Soundsystem songs. Maybe Donna Summer makes top 100, and maybe we get There Is a Light That Never Goes Out.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

acroamor wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:23 pm No more Eddie Cochran or Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly down to 2 or less songs.
No more Blondie.
They've changed, but that's a bit much !
Jerry Lee Lewis probably won't keep 2 songs in the top 100 but I imagine they will stay on the list
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Nassim wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:39 pm
acroamor wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:23 pm No more Eddie Cochran or Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly down to 2 or less songs.
No more Blondie.
They've changed, but that's a bit much !
Jerry Lee Lewis probably won't keep 2 songs in the top 100 but I imagine they will stay on the list
Yeah, those seem extreme. I guess Jerry Lee Lewis' past, ahem, transgressions might have become even more unfashionable nowadays, but if it didn't hit Michael Jackson on the album list it won't hit Lewis here.
But why Blondie? I think an early female-fronted band would do at least as well as before.

I think mostly the onslaught of early foundational rock from the fifties will get a setback. There was a lot there originally.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

jdizzle83 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:40 pm “Smells Like Teen Spirit” will be top 5.
No way!

I'd be surprised if it's even Top 50. Most of the voters are older folks like me who don't even like the record.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

"Summertime Blues" was #73 last time, and Jerry Lee had 2 in the top 100. I don't see them dropping completely off.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

whuntva wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:07 pm "Smells Like Teen Spirit" takes #1
Still no Pearl Jam
The most recent entry will probably be "I Know the End"; but maybe "Shameika" could be as well
Sounds like you're the kind of millennial that Bill Maher spoke of who thinks that nothing happened before they were around. The other list was done in 2003 and there were not many 1990s things on it. I don't see this new list containing much from the past 15 years or so. "Fight The Power" will not be anywhere near the top 10. It was #322 last time.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Hymie wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:29 pm
Still no Pearl Jam
Sounds like you're the kind of millennial that Bill Maher spoke of who thinks that nothing happened before they were around. The other list was done in 2003 and there were not many 1990s things on it. I don't see this new list containing much from the past 15 years or so. "Fight The Power" will not be anywhere near the top 10. It was #322 last time.
Firstly, your first sentence has nothing to do with the your point. It’s just a needless shot at mileswide.

Secondly, in line with the topic, Lauryn Hill’s 90s release was in the 300s in the first list and jumped up to 10, I see no reason Fight the Power can’t do the same. Also, the albums results had TONS of recent albums. In the Top 100 alone was Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Drake, Beyoncé and Taylor Swift.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Hymie wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:29 pm
Still no Pearl Jam
The new Rolling Stone top 500 albums list was filled with albums from the past 20 years, so it stands to reason that the new songs list will also be filled with songs from the past 20 years.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Nick wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:06 pm The new Rolling Stone top 500 albums list was filled with albums from the past 20 years, so it stands to reason that the new songs list will also be filled with songs from the past 20 years.
We'll see. Older people like me don't care much about albums, so I'm not surprised that the albums list had modern stuff. For people who started listening to music in the 50s and early 60s, very few of us cared at all about albums. It was a 45 world until the later 60s. For you young guys, a "45" is what we called those little records that you guys refer to as "singles."

Maybe enough of the older voters have died by now, so you guys could be right about what this list will be like.

When will the new Top 500 be published?
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Is there anything on the new RS Top 500 albums that is not listed here on the site?

What is the highest ranking album here on the site that did not make the RS list?
Last edited by Hymie on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acr0320
Are You Experienced?

Post by acr0320 »

I'm predicting that the bottom 100 will have a handful of spanish songs in there, similar to what happened with the albums list. Not sure which actually make it, maybe a classic like Pedro Navaja and probably a couple reggaeton songs. Daddy Yankee is definitely getting at least 1 of either Gasolina or Despacito in
jdizzle83
Strange Fruit

Post by jdizzle83 »

Hymie makes a lot of good points. There haven’t been any good songs since 1969. Also, the same voters who put a Drake album in the top 100 will surely recognize that modern hip hop and pop don’t belong on the songs list - that’s just ignorant millennials. And best point of all? Even though “Smells Like Teen Spirit” was in the top 10 previously, there’s no way it stays in the top 500…maybe in the 490s or so. We all know that the 300 or so voters recognize that millennials are terrible and that the canon of popular music should stay stagnant for all of time.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

jdizzle83 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:50 am Hymie makes a lot of good points. There haven’t been any good songs since 1969. Also, the same voters who put a Drake album in the top 100 will surely recognize that modern hip hop and pop don’t belong on the songs list - that’s just ignorant millennials. And best point of all? Even though “Smells Like Teen Spirit” was in the top 10 previously, there’s no way it stays in the top 500…maybe in the 490s or so. We all know that the 300 or so voters recognize that millennials are terrible and that the canon of popular music should stay stagnant for all of time.
There was at least one great song in 1973.

Let's face it, any list like this is entirely based on the people who are voting on it. If I get 300 people my age and older you wouldn't see ANY songs from this century. And if we get 300 people age 35 and under this century would dominate the list. And if we get 300 people of any age from China most of us would not know hardly any of the songs on the list.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

jdizzle83, not sure if your post is sarcasm or serious. As to the voters, if we go by RS 500 Albums, majority are of the young side (Beyonce, Taylor, B. Eilish, C.R. Jepsen, Kesha, Saweetie, H.E.R., El-P, Hanson). I can see some older artists from the 60s and 70s like the Ronettes, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Grateful Dead, Judas Priest, ZZ Top, but just a few.
source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... t-1062225/

Another reason that the changes in the RS 500 list are big is because the founder, Jann Wenner (the same one who founded the Rock Hall of Fame) sold his stakes of RS a few years ago. He was known to idolize The Beatles and The Rolling Stones in particular and splashed his personal bias and dislike for newer music in the magazine. He might have a hand in preferring older artists in the previous RS polls. It is refreshing to see this type of change in RS after he left.
Last edited by Dexter on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Dexter wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:22 am jdizzle83, not sure if your post is sarcasm or serious.
Clearly sarcasm.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

jdizzle83 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:50 am the canon of popular music should stay stagnant for all of time.
The canon of greatest paintings of all time has been pretty stagnant for decades.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

The Greatest Books of all Time is also a pretty stagnant list.

https://thegreatestbooks.org/
jdizzle83
Strange Fruit

Post by jdizzle83 »

Hymie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:45 am The Greatest Books of all Time is also a pretty stagnant list.

https://thegreatestbooks.org/
Yeah, you’re right - I mean, all races and types of stories are represented here, right? Why bother writing anything new at all?

In regards to your clear ageism, I think music listeners under 35 enjoy a lot more music than you think. People can listen to new music and at the same time listen to and value the old. I would say the majority of folks who frequent this website care deeply about music history as well as enjoy keeping up with its changing nature. I would also say most critics do - which is why lists change. Robert Christgau, who is 79 years old, had plenty of modern records on his albums list, and I suspect will have some modern songs as well.

https://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/dont ... sts-20.php

Last thing: another thing that changes is what older stuff also lands on a list like this. What will now be higher? What shifts will there be? What songs from the 60s and 70s that weren’t on the original list show up here? Besides there just being “newer” stuff there’s also a re-examination of the old.
jdizzle83
Strange Fruit

Post by jdizzle83 »

Dexter wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:22 am jdizzle83, not sure if your post is sarcasm or serious. As to the voters, if we go by RS 500 Albums, majority are of the young side (Beyonce, Taylor, B. Eilish, C.R. Jepsen, Kesha, Saweetie, H.E.R., El-P, Hanson). I can see some older artists from the 60s and 70s like the Ronettes, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Grateful Dead, Judas Priest, ZZ Top, but just a few.
source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... t-1062225/

Another reason that the changes in the RS 500 list are big is because the founder, Jann Wenner (the same one who founded the Rock Hall of Fame) sold his stakes of RS a few years ago. He was known to idolize The Beatles and The Rolling Stones in particular and splashed his personal bias and dislike for newer music in the magazine. He might have a hand in preferring older artists in the previous RS polls. It is refreshing to see this type of change in RS after he left.
Yeah I meant it sarcastically. I think plenty of the critics and execs are older though - and I agree that the change is refreshing. I have A LOT of qualms with that albums list - what I think is missing or overrated - but part of that’s of course my subjective experience! But no matter what I personally might think, I also think it’s great to shake up the canon!
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

jdizzle83 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 am In regards to your clear ageism, I think music listeners under 35 enjoy a lot more music than you think. People can listen to new music and at the same time listen to and value the old. I would say the majority of folks who frequent this website care deeply about music history as well as enjoy keeping up with its changing nature.
Based on the songs listed every day in Rob's "Biggest Fan Songs" threads, I can't agree. It's exceedingly rare when something from before the Beatles-Dylan-Beach Boys era shows up from any other member but me. And it's rare when something from even before the 1970s shows up unless it's from me. A very high percentage of the songs that show up every day (other than from me) are from the past (let's say) 40 years.

For the most part the members here only know and/or care about older music if it is listed here on the site.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

The top 10 of our last songs poll consisted of four 60s songs, four 70s, one 80s and one 90s.

This could lead to the (overly simple) conclusion that the average participating amf'er prefers songs from before when they were even able to pronounce it's title. Quite 'stagnant'...
Elder
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Elder »

I think that to get a result close to the official list, just replace the recent Top 500 album with the best song by that artist in the AM raking.
It's obvious that some artists got much more acclaim with albums (Brian Eno, Björk, Miles Davis, John Coltrane) and soon lost prominence.
Pre 60's Rock will still be quite representative (Because it's a song list).

Strange Fruit will be remembered
If the song landed a spot on the NME list, then it will probably also make the RS list.

I bet on a rock track for number 1, "Johnny B. Goode" or "A Day In the Life" (I bet on this song to surpass Hey Jude and become the boys' biggest track).
I expect fewer Beatles tracks on the List.

I've noticed that UK music has had a bigger prominence in the current top 500 albums (probably because there were more Brits voting), so I'm hoping for some Britpop tracks.
For sure Hip Hop will be more valued and we will have more women on the list.
I also think they're going to force Gasolina or Despacito.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
And for today it's just
Fetch the Bolt Cutters...
Elder
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Elder »

I expected a big list from Pitchfork as they turned 25 recently...
BUT they only published a database to compare album reviews...
This generation that likes to demand commitment to everything but does not commit to anything...
Fetch the Bolt Cutters...
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Elder wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm Strange Fruit will be remembered
If the song landed a spot on the NME list, then it will probably also make the RS list.
It did not make the last RS list, so I doubt it will make this one 17 years later.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Elder wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:37 pm I expected a big list from Pitchfork as they turned 25 recently...
BUT they only published a database to compare album reviews...
This generation that likes to demand commitment to everything but does not commit to anything...
I can't figure out why PF has never published big all-time lists of albums and songs as it would get a ton of page clicks. The Pitchfork 500 project - which was my favorite list ever from them - was the closest thing, but they cut off the beginning at 1977 or so.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Hymie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:24 am
jdizzle83 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 am In regards to your clear ageism, I think music listeners under 35 enjoy a lot more music than you think. People can listen to new music and at the same time listen to and value the old. I would say the majority of folks who frequent this website care deeply about music history as well as enjoy keeping up with its changing nature.
Based on the songs listed every day in Rob's "Biggest Fan Songs" threads, I can't agree. It's exceedingly rare when something from before the Beatles-Dylan-Beach Boys era shows up from any other member but me. And it's rare when something from even before the 1970s shows up unless it's from me. A very high percentage of the songs that show up every day (other than from me) are from the past (let's say) 40 years.

For the most part the members here only know and/or care about older music if it is listed here on the site.
The folks who join AM tend to initially align their lists with the AM ranks. But, after they've perused the AM lists and join the forum discussions, they tend to deviate from the AM ranks with greater alacrity. As I recall, some folks have analyzed alignment with the AM lists in our individual all-time list polls.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

The list will be published in October, but maybe we have some advances in September.

And by the way, many of the voters are under 30. Who said they're old?
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

panam wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:05 pm The list will be published in October, but maybe we have some advances in September.

Not me. I said they're too young.
jdizzle83
Strange Fruit

Post by jdizzle83 »

Hymie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:27 pm
panam wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:05 pm The list will be published in October, but maybe we have some advances in September.

You literally wrote, regarding “Smells Like Teen Spirit”:
“I'd be surprised if it's even Top 50. Most of the voters are older folks like me who don't even like the record.”
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

I figure it's going to mirror the album list dynamic. '60s and '70s classic rock that seemed set in stone and that "changed everything" will take a tumble. '50s songs will probably end up as bystanders. Something might make an incredible jump, like when The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill suddenly became a top 10 album. Spots will change dramatically, instead of something incremental like the old #2 song taking the #1 spot. Black music will go up. You could call it woke-ness, which some readers did for the album list, or you could call it a changing of the guard from the Jann Wenner days. (Last time out, the What's Going On album was #6, and didn't seem in the conversation for the #1 spot; Stevie Wonder and Prince weren't especially near the top 10, and Lauryn Hill was...#312.) I wouldn't be surprised if What's Going On or Respect became Number One; and if Kendrick Lamar and some other contemporary artists have top 100 songs (in contrast to when Kid A was the album of the decade on one hand and was originally scraping the bottom of the top 500 list). Smells Like Teen Spirit will go up, but I don't picture something especially new in the top 10.

Their 2003 top 10 albums:
01. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
02. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
03. The Beatles - Revolver
04. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
05. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
06. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
07. The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.
08. The Clash - London Calling
09. Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
10. The Beatles - The Beatles ("The White Album")

Their new top 10 albums:
01. Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On
02. The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds
03. Joni Mitchell – Blue
04. Stevie Wonder – Songs in the Key of Life
05. The Beatles – Abbey Road
06. Nirvana – Nevermind
07. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
08. Prince and the Revolution – Purple Rain
09. Bob Dylan – Blood on the Tracks
10. Lauryn Hill – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Their old top 10 songs:
01. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
02. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
03. John Lennon - Imagine
04. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
05. Aretha Franklin - Respect
06. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
07. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
08. The Beatles - Hey Jude
09. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
10. Ray Charles - What'd I Say
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

Hymie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:20 pm
Elder wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm Strange Fruit will be remembered
It did not make the last RS list, so I doubt it will make this one 17 years later.
Strange Fruit will 100% make the new list - it will however be the oldest song on the list, probably by a considerable margin.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Top 10 songs most likely remaining:
01. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
02. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
04. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
05. Aretha Franklin - Respect
06. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
09. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
10. Ray Charles - What'd I Say

Top 10 songs most likely leaving:
03. John Lennon - Imagine
08. The Beatles - Hey Jude

Possible new entrants to the top 10:

Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come
The Beatles - Let It Be
The Beatles - A Day In the Life
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
David Bowie - Heroes
The Clash - London Calling
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Henry wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 pm Top 10 songs most likely leaving:
Really? I would say the opposite. It might the most surefire one to stay. Even if the list is going to rejuvenate that doesn't mean that everything from the fifties is getting a downgrade. Johnny B. Goode is one of the most untouchable songs of the rock canon.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Rob wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:48 pm
Henry wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 pm Top 10 songs most likely leaving:
Really? I would say the opposite. It might the most surefire one to stay. Even if the list is going to rejuvenate that doesn't mean that everything from the fifties is getting a downgrade. Johnny B. Goode is one of the most untouchable songs of the rock canon.
Your take could be right. We shall see.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

jdizzle83 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:20 pm
Hymie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:27 pm

You literally wrote, regarding “Smells Like Teen Spirit”:
“I'd be surprised if it's even Top 50. Most of the voters are older folks like me who don't even like the record.”
MOST of the voters are over 30. Do you agree?
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

How many important people in the record industry are under 30?
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

In 2004, their top 10 only had one post-1971 song (the no-longer-quite-so-new kid in town, Smells Like Teen Spirit, now 30 years old). I could see an '80s song or two possibly showing up there, like When Doves Cry or Billie Jean.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Henry wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 pm 02. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Satisfaction being replaced by another Stones song, most likely Gimme Shelter or Sympathy for the Devil, seems like a possible outcome to me.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

The two songs in the old top 10 I feel most confident in saying they'll stay are "What's Going On" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (both of which I wouldn't be surprised to see at #1).
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Nick wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:30 am The two songs in the old top 10 I feel most confident in saying they'll stay are "What's Going On" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (both of which I wouldn't be surprised to see at #1).
I’d be shocked if Dylan, the Stones and Beatles didn’t keep a song in as well, though I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Stones and Beatles songs change. I suspect Respect will stay too, with the push toward R&B and Soul we saw with the albums list.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

What's your source? Would be interesting, if true, since by then the 2021 AMF Best Songs of All Time will wrap up and we can compare both lists.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Dexter wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:24 am
What's your source? Would be interesting, if true, since by then the 2021 AMF Best Songs of All Time will wrap up and we can compare both lists.
I Googled "rolling stone top 500 songs 2021," and the main result was...this thread :mrgreen:

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”