Where is the Excel file of the list of the 10000 songs of all time ?

Katayoun
Superunknown

Where is the Excel file of the list of the 10000 songs of all time ?

Post by Katayoun »

Hello, first of all, please excuse me for my poor English.

I don't find the Excel file of the 2017's update of the list of the 10000 songs of all time, can anyone help me please ?
I know it's not a topic as interesting as the others, but i've been searching it throught the forum for one hour. :oops:

Anyway, thanks to Henrik and all the members for this amazing and kindly forum !
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Where is the Excel file of the list of the 10000 songs of all time ?

Post by Henrik »

It's on the history page on the main site. The ”History” link is between ”Critics’ Lists” and ”About” on the AM main site. Not on mobile/small screens.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Katayoun
Superunknown

Post by Katayoun »

Henrik wrote:It's on the history page on the main site. The ”History” link is between ”Critics’ Lists” and ”About” on the AM main site. Not on mobile/small screens.
Thank you Henrik, but how can I download it to have an Excel file ? It seems to me that there was a topic with the attachement document to download it when the list was updated.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Katayoun wrote:
Henrik wrote:It's on the history page on the main site. The ”History” link is between ”Critics’ Lists” and ”About” on the AM main site. Not on mobile/small screens.
Thank you Henrik, but how can I download it to have an Excel file ? It seems to me that there was a topic with the attachement document to download it when the list was updated.
Open it and ”save as” to your computer. Let me know if this is not working for you.
Katayoun
Superunknown

Post by Katayoun »

Henrik wrote:
Katayoun wrote:
Open it and ”save as” to your computer. Let me know if this is not working for you.

Thank you for your help Henrik, but I can't save it as "xls" file, I only can save it as an "htm" file, which can not be open with Excel.
JohnnyBGoode
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JohnnyBGoode »

Could somebody please post it & the album one here. Since an update on my work laptop I can't seem to see spreadsheets on the main site, but I can see spreadsheets in the forum. Obviously I'll only look in my lunch hour, or at home :whistle:
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

JohnnyBGoode wrote:Could somebody please post it & the album one here. Since an update on my work laptop I can't seem to see spreadsheets on the main site, but I can see spreadsheets in the forum. Obviously I'll only look in my lunch hour, or at home :whistle:
Do you want the entire list of songs/albums? or a link to the list?
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Katayoun wrote:
Henrik wrote:
Katayoun wrote:

Thank you for your help Henrik, but I can't save it as "xls" file, I only can save it as an "htm" file, which can not be open with Excel.
Here's what you do:

Right click on the link
When the save modal box comes up type in .xls after history_songs and it will save as an excel spreadsheet.
Open the file and it will open as an excel spreadsheet.
Katayoun
Superunknown

Post by Katayoun »

bootsy wrote:
Katayoun wrote:
Henrik wrote: Open it and ”save as” to your computer. Let me know if this is not working for you.

Here's what you do:

Right click on the link
When the save modal box comes up type in .xls after history_songs and it will save as an excel spreadsheet.
It worked ! Thank you very much Bootsy :-D
JohnnyBGoode
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JohnnyBGoode »

bootsy wrote:
JohnnyBGoode wrote:Could somebody please post it & the album one here. Since an update on my work laptop I can't seem to see spreadsheets on the main site, but I can see spreadsheets in the forum. Obviously I'll only look in my lunch hour, or at home :whistle:
If link easier try that first, thanks.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Katayoun wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Katayoun wrote:

Here's what you do:

Right click on the link
It worked ! Thank you very much Bootsy :-D
You're welcome
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

JohnnyBGoode wrote:
bootsy wrote:
If link easier try that first, thanks.
Here is the links

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/history.htm

Albums
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/history_albums.htm

Songs
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/history_songs.htm
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

In addition to the Top Albums of All Time (Acclaimed Music Ranking Since 2008) and Top Songs of All Time (Acclaimed Music Ranking Since 2008) links, I was sure that I had put the excel files on the history page as well. I couldn't understand why so many had problems with this.

But they are not there. :( Yet. I will add them during the weekend.
edmoney
Superunknown

Post by edmoney »

Henrik wrote:In addition to the Top Albums of All Time (Acclaimed Music Ranking Since 2008) and Top Songs of All Time (Acclaimed Music Ranking Since 2008) links, I was sure that I had put the excel files on the history page as well. I couldn't understand why so many had problems with this.

But they are not there. :( Yet. I will add them during the weekend.
Hello, Henrik. Can you please post the Excel files? I am having issues with the method of saving the links as Excel files. The files have problems when I do this. I (and I'm sure others) would love to have access to the actual Excel files. Much thanks!
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

FINALLY these spreadsheets are available again from the history page. So sorry for the delay... :(

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”