Guardian (UK) 1,000 Songs Everyone Must Hear (2009)

yakov99
Superunknown

Guardian (UK) 1,000 Songs Everyone Must Hear (2009)

Post by yakov99 »

I've noticed that the following list from Guardian is missing.

It is a theme based list and is different to Guardian (UK) - A history of modern music (2011) list which is genre based.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/music ... ngs-missed
Today sees the first instalment of 1,000 Songs Everyone Must Hear, a lovingly compiled week-long series of supplements free with your copy of the Guardian and the Observer. For each day, we picked a different theme and through a process of rigorous debate (and the odd insult), our award-winning team of music critics and writers came up with the songs we think best represent that theme.
Full data is available in list format

https://www.theguardian.com/music/table ... -must-hear

and in spreadsheet

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2009/mar/20/1

It is not a reader list for sure :) . They used the same format as in their 1000 novels everyone must read

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/ ... ks-fiction
Selected by the Guardian's Review team and a panel of expert judges, this list includes only novels – no memoirs, no short stories, no long poems – from any decade and in any language. Originally published in thematic supplements – love, crime, comedy, family and self, state of the nation, science fiction and fantasy, war and travel – they appear here for the first time in a single list.

Feel we've left off a crucial book? Email to us with your nomination and an explanation in no more than 150 words at review@theguardian.com, or post your submission to The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU, by 4 February.
They then published the readers suggestions to what was missing from their list separately as {...} songs we missed … but this has nothing to do with the main list, which is purely staff selected.

Hope this helps.
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Guardian (UK) 1,000 Songs Everyone Must Hear (2009)

Post by Henrik »

Thanks yakov99. However, it is included, as ”The Guardian (UK) - 1000 Songs Everyone Must Hear (2009)”.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
yakov99
Superunknown

Post by yakov99 »

Sorry, Henrik, I should be more careful in the future :).

I have few relevant books (albums only):

Dave Thompson - Alternative Rock: The Essential Listening Guide (2000) (7000 albums ratings)
Chuck Eddy - Stairway to Hell: The 500 Best Heavy Metal Albums in the Universe (1991) (ordered list)
Martin Popoff - The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal (1997) (3650 albums ratings and list of 555 best with ranking 9 and 10)
Martin Strong genre books (Alternative, Psychedelic, Metal)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

yakov99 wrote:Sorry, Henrik, I should be more careful in the future :).

I have few relevant books (albums only):

Dave Thompson - Alternative Rock: The Essential Listening Guide (2000) (7000 albums ratings)
Chuck Eddy - Stairway to Hell: The 500 Best Heavy Metal Albums in the Universe (1991) (ordered list)
Martin Popoff - The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal (1997) (3650 albums ratings and list of 555 best with ranking 9 and 10)
Martin Strong genre books (Alternative, Psychedelic, Metal)
I don't know if we've seen the Martin Strong books yet.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
yakov99
Superunknown

Post by yakov99 »

Of course, Martin Strong main book was used, but the genre books looks like not. For example, Pink Fairies albums have no Martin's ratings in the data sheets, but they do in his genre books. The reason for this omission is not obvious.

Return to “Duplicate topics”