AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2017) - Ballots due Dec. 20

Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2017) - Ballots due Dec. 20

Post by Daniel »

There are just 2 weeks left until Christmas! For the last three years, I have asked users to participate in a survey of our top favourite songs celebrating or related to the Christmas season (or winter, etc.)

Last year, we had the biggest turnout than ever before, so why not continue on with this new AcclaimedMusic Christmas tradition?

RULES & GUIDELINES

Carry-over ballots
Unlike other redux surveys conducted at AMF, votes from previous years will not be completely scrapped. All of the participants from the 2014–2016 surveys will have their most recent ballot carried over to this year, unless they wish to submit a revised list in place of their old one. In that event, their new ballot will cancel out their old one(s). Any ballots from first-time participants will have their scores added on to the tally.

List submissions and minimum song requirements
Please send me a private message with a ranked list of your favourite songs that would fit in the Christmas/holiday/winter category (min. 20 songs per list, max. 100)

What counts as a Christmas song?
While many Christmas songs are known for being just that, there are quite an array of topics that the holiday genre covers: the birth of Jesus, Santa Claus, snow, reindeer, and winter, among other things. Some are more obviously Christmas songs than others, while there is a lot of dispute about whether or not other songs count as Christmas songs. I like to keep it fairly open to interpretation, so if you consider it a Christmas song, include it on your ballot. There is a chance someone else will, and could show up with a decent finish in the final tally. Some of the songs from the first edition received massive gains in following surveys because a lot of users said they did not realize certain songs counted, and included them on their next ballots.

Songs by specific artists, classical recordings, and unspecified artists
Since there are many songs that have been recorded by hundreds of different artists, please indicate the recording artist for each of your entries. As we did last year, classical recordings where there may not be a definitive recorded version, composers' names will be accepted. Like we did last year, I will also be accepting Christmas songs without specific performers, if you have a favourite carol or song, but don't necessarily have a preferred recorded version. In this case, please cite "no artist specified" or leave the artist's name blank. Unspecified versions of songs will be counted separately from versions with specified artists.

Deadline
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, December 20 (which only gives 10 days to get your ballots in!) My goal is to have the results posted the next day (December 21).

Spotify playlist
For the first time, when the results are revealed, I will also publish a Spotify playlist with the songs. This will give you a few days to enjoy before Christmas is over.

Last year's results
For those of you who may be having a hard time brainstorming some Christmas songs, here are the complete results of last year's survey.

❄ ❄ ❄
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Re: AMF Survey ❄ Top 100 Christmas Songs (2017) - Ballots due Dec. 20

Post by Listyguy »

Glad you're running this again Daniel, it's always been a favorite of mine!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I loooove this!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Since I couldn't find one in the previous topic, I decided to make a spotify playlist from last year's results. Just in case anyone else wants to go through, I'll share it; hopefully I didn't get the wrong version for anything, and a few songs are missing. I know most of these, but I'd like a refresher and also to check out the odder selections.

I'm mixed on a few songs; if I count it as a Christmas song, "White Winter Hymnal" seems like an easy #1 for me...but it doesn't feel like a Christmas song?

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Looked back at last years results, and goddammit I forgot Kacey Musgraves did a Christmas album.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Daniel »

Only 2 days left to get your ballots In!
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

I won't have time to update my ballot this year, Daniel, but I appreciate you running this again. I look forward to the results!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”