Sassan Niassieri, Musikexpress/Rolling Stone (Germany) - The 33 Best Michael Jackson Songs (2012/2014)

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Sassan Niassieri, Musikexpress/Rolling Stone (Germany) - The 33 Best Michael Jackson Songs (2012/2014)

Post by StevieFan13 »

https://www.rollingstone.de/die-33-best ... on-364976/
Another Niassieri list they just copied and pasted onto the Rolling Stone website from Musikexpress. Like with the Prince and George Michael lists, this one's up to Henrik, since it seems like a different case than the typical single-critic list.
33 | Rockwell feat. Michael Jackson | Somebody's Watching Me
32 | The Jackson 5 | ABC
31 | Michael Jackson | You Rock My World
30 | Michael Jackson | P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
29 | The Jacksons feat. Mick Jagger | State of Shock
28 | Michael Jackson | Baby Be Mine
27 | Michael Jackson | I Can't Help It
26 | The Jacksons | Blame It on the Boogie
25 | The Jackson 5 | The Love You Save
24 | Michael Jackson | Someone in the Dark
23 | Michael Jackson | Off the Wall
22 | Michael Jackson | Earth Song
21 | Michael Jackson | Give In to Me
20 | Michael Jackson | Fly Away
19 | Michael Jackson | Human Nature
18 | Michael Jackson feat. Siedah Garrett | I Just Can't Stop Loving You
17 | Michael Jackson | Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
16 | The Jackson 5 | I Want You Back
15 | Michael Jackson | The Lady in My Life
14 | Michael Jackson | Rock with You
13 | Michael Jackson | Another Part of Me
12 | Michael Jackson | Stranger in Moscow
11 | Michael Jackson | Man in the Mirror
10 | Michael Jackson | Butterflies
9 | Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney | Say Say Say
8 | Michael Jackson | Thriller
7 | Michael Jackson | Carousel
6 | Michael Jackson | In the Closet
5 | Michael Jackson | Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
4 | Michael Jackson | The Way You Make Me Feel
3 | Michael Jackson | Billie Jean
2 | Michael Jackson | Beat It
1 | The Jacksons | Can You Feel It

Bizarre choices for the top 10, but I can't think of too many major snubs (save for Bad, Black or White, and Shake Your Body [Down to the Ground], all of which are more deserving than some of the higher picks).
Last edited by StevieFan13 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Re: Sassan Niassieri, Musikexpress/Rolling Stone (Germany) - The 33 Best Michael Jackson Songs (2012/2014)

Post by bootsy »

Very odd list. Not sure what to think of it. I like most of the songs but not your typical MJ list that's for sure.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Sassan Niassieri, Musikexpress/Rolling Stone (Germany) - The 33 Best Michael Jackson Songs (2012/2014)

Post by StevieFan13 »

bootsy wrote:Very odd list. Not sure what to think of it. I like most of the songs but not your typical MJ list that's for sure.
Having not heard Can You Feel It, is it actually worth coming ahead of Billie Jean and Beat It?
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

StevieFan13 wrote:
bootsy wrote:Very odd list. Not sure what to think of it. I like most of the songs but not your typical MJ list that's for sure.
Having not heard Can You Feel It, is it actually worth coming ahead of Billie Jean and Beat It?
Wow this is a tough question but I'll answer it the best way I can. I have never been a big fan of Beat It so I will say I like Can You Feel it more than Beat It but it's defnitely not better than Billie Jean. So for me Billie Jean > Can You Feel It > Beat It. On another note my favorite Jacksons song is 'Heartbreak Hotel/This Place Hotel'
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

bootsy wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
Wow this is a tough question but I'll answer it the best way I can. I have never been a big fan of Beat It so I will say I like Can You Feel it more than Beat It but it's defnitely not better than Billie Jean. So for me Billie Jean > Can You Feel It > Beat It. On another note my favorite Jacksons song is 'Heartbreak Hotel/This Place Hotel'
Makes sense to me. The list is very evenly divided between songs I like, don't like, and never heard of. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" didn't deserve a spot over "Black or White." My favorite Jacksons song is "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" but then again I haven't done too much of a post-Jackson 5 deep dive.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

StevieFan13 wrote:
bootsy wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote: Having not heard Can You Feel It, is it actually worth coming ahead of Billie Jean and Beat It?
Makes sense to me. The list is very evenly divided between songs I like, don't like, and never heard of. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" didn't deserve a spot over "Black or White." My favorite Jacksons song is "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" but then again I haven't done too much of a post-Jackson 5 deep dive.
That's a good song too. Probably in my top 5-10 Jacksons songs. I agree on "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" I've never been a fan. I try hard to like that song but it just isn't happening.
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

This is indeed a odd list.
31 | Michael Jackson | You Rock My World
29 | The Jacksons feat. Mick Jagger | State of Shock
28 | Michael Jackson | Baby Be Mine
27 | Michael Jackson | I Can't Help It
26 | The Jacksons | Blame It on the Boogie
25 | The Jackson 5 | The Love You Save
23 | Michael Jackson | Off the Wall
22 | Michael Jackson | Earth Song
21 | Michael Jackson | Give In to Me
15 | Michael Jackson | The Lady in My Life
13 | Michael Jackson | Another Part of Me
12 | Michael Jackson | Stranger in Moscow
10 | Michael Jackson | Butterflies
4 | Michael Jackson | The Way You Make Me Feel
Always good to see these remembered.
24 | Michael Jackson | Someone in the Dark
20 | Michael Jackson | Fly Away
7 | Michael Jackson | Carousel
I was not expecting these at all.

"Someone in the Dark", a song from the audiobook and soundtrack album E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial 1982.
"Carousel", a song from the Thriller 2001 special edition album.
"Fly Away", a song from the album Bad 2001 special edition album.
6 | Michael Jackson feat. Janet Jackson | In the Closet
Janet does not feature in this song.

The omission of some songs is curious, as already mentioned. Especially "Black or White", "Bad", "Smooth Criminal", "Remember The Time", "I'll Be There" and "Shake Your Body (Down to the Gound)".

Too bad that "Who is it" has not yet been remembered in these lists. Great song by Dangerous album.

Return to “ARTISTS”