SERIOUS: Your wildest nightmares might've been true about Trump.

PlasticRam
Into the Groove

SERIOUS: Your wildest nightmares might've been true about Trump.

Post by PlasticRam »

Trump might've just had a Freudian slip. I'm shaking. I was wrong about Trump. You were right.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Re: SERIOUS: Your wildest nightmares might've been true about Trump.

Post by PlasticRam »

Complete radio silence. This is weird.
I feel like that
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

What is this?
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

I'm very curious to know what specifically prompted this. Not that Trump and his minions don't do and say things every day that make it look like our wildest nightmares are coming true, but PlasticRam's post seems to be a direct reaction to something specific and alarming that, so far, hasn't been reported anywhere that I can see. Was there a particularly inflammatory tweet overnight that got quickly deleted, or something?
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Harold wrote:I'm very curious to know what specifically prompted this. Not that Trump and his minions don't do and say things every day that make it look like our wildest nightmares are coming true, but PlasticRam's post seems to be a direct reaction to something specific and alarming that, so far, hasn't been reported anywhere that I can see. Was there a particularly inflammatory tweet overnight that got quickly deleted, or something?
It was a comment at a rally.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I guess this was more of a personal experience than a general one. I started seeing the Nazi side of Trump and now I can't unsee it. Scott Adams changed his view about Trump I think to him being Hitler, and I really respect his opinion, so that made me think it too.

I mean the wiretapping thing was something Trump very likely completely made up to get his supporters believing in it. So he's making his supporters believe a plain lie.

Edit: "Scott Adams thinks Trump is Hitler" might be a mischaracterization of his view too, so I shouldn't maybe say that. Here's the video that I interpreted my own way:
Edit: After watching that video a third time, I don't know if he thinks Trump's actually Hitler. I'm not in the clearest mental state right now. In a way I'm in the clearest I've ever been, but idk.
Last edited by PlasticRam on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

"The end justifies the means."

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.”
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I'm just overreacting too in a way. Let's just hope everything's fine.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Glad you're "seeing the light" (so to speak) about Trump. I was worried that many of his supporters would just shrug off his behavior, but I've been seeing a lot of his former fans turn against him. Trump is, in my opinion, a true trainwreck of a candidate and a true trainwreck of a president. At least he hasn't accomplished all too much policy-wise in the past 2 months.

A lot of Trump critics have the attitude of "well, I don't care if they don't support Trump NOW, the fact that they voted for him and supported him is enough for me." But it's important to welcome these former Trump supporters. They realized they were in the wrong and they had the courage to own up to it. And in a couple of years we can all vote someone reasonable into office.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Hell, I thought everybody here thought Trump was a shit. Guess you can't escape politics anywhere.
Especially as music and film fans, we should be hating his NEA-defunding ass with a burning passion.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Nick wrote:
A lot of Trump critics have the attitude of "well, I don't care if they don't support Trump NOW, the fact that they voted for him and supported him is enough for me." But it's important to welcome these former Trump supporters. They realized they were in the wrong and they had the courage to own up to it. And in a couple of years we can all vote someone reasonable into office.
Hear, hear. Knowing a leopard can belatedly change its spots is better than them not changing at all. I think even Tomi Lahren's starting to get sick of this. Just wait, he's going to get impeached any day now, especially with the mounting evidence of him conspiring with Russia.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I mean I wouldn't say he has been a complete trainwreck in the sense that the economy has been okay since he got elected. What I am worried about is he'll start doing economy-boosting things in the name of "safety".
I feel like that
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

PlasticRam wrote:I mean I wouldn't say he has been a complete trainwreck in the sense that the economy has been okay since he got elected. What I am worried about is he'll start doing economy-boosting things in the name of "safety".
The economy is one thing. Basic human decency is another. There's a reason he has a 37% approval rating in spite of the economy (not to mention how all my fellow New Yorkers are paying out the ear to have Melania stay in NYC instead of, I don't know, using that money to fund Meals on Wheels).
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

StevieFan13 wrote:
PlasticRam wrote:I mean I wouldn't say he has been a complete trainwreck in the sense that the economy has been okay since he got elected. What I am worried about is he'll start doing economy-boosting things in the name of "safety".
The economy is one thing. Basic human decency is another. There's a reason he has a 37% approval rating in spite of the economy (not to mention how all my fellow New Yorkers are paying out the ear to have Melania stay in NYC instead of, I don't know, using that money to fund Meals on Wheels).
Yes absolutely.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Love, not hate. That's what I thought previously too, but I was influenced by Trump's propaganda. Because it is effective propaganda and many people are still believing it. They have been brainwashed. Some people have hate in their hearts, but most people are good, even the Trump supporters. There's no way 37% of the U.S. is evil. They're just misguided, like in the 1930s and 1940s.
Last edited by PlasticRam on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Nazis had very high intelligence. Trump has very high intelligence. People around him, the top Republicans might be in on the deal too. I just hope Senate Democrats aren't in on it.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

The ISIS attack in London was synchronized too. I mean there are two evil things in this world. Trump and terrorism. I don't know which is worse anymore. Trump is the most powerful person in the world. Trump is Hitler.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

You're right, PlasticRam, Trump supporters aren't all bad people, not even close. It's like as you said, they're misguided. Trump and his team know their propaganda. I'm personally not really sold on Trump himself being intelligent, but I know that if there's one thing he's good at it's advertising. It's branding. He found a gimmick to get himself elected, but it's a gimmick built on promises he can't keep.

I'm very cautious about the Hitler comparisons though. Hitler was a man who started the worst war our planet has ever seen and carried out a genocide that killed millions of people. Trump, while bad, is nowhere near that level, and I think comparisons like that devalue what Hitler did (living in the US, I also heard many people compare W. Bush to Hitler as well as Obama, neither of which are even close to being true). That being said, I do believe that Trump is something of a proto-fascist. Not a full-fledged fascist, but he definitely has some signs. His intense nationalism, opposition to the media, and tendency to blame all of the country's problems on outsiders being the most notable. Full disclosure, I did go to a Trump rally last year when he came to my city. Not because I supported him (I voted for Sanders in the primary and Clinton in the general and I abhor Trump, as is obvious), but because a friend and I had a sort of morbid curiosity about the whole thing. If anything, Trump is like Mussolini. Flamboyant, but totally empty. The rally was completely devoid of substance beyond "build the wall" and "lock her up". It was actually fairly disturbing to see the propaganda, manipulation, and groupthink that up close.

As for Trump being one of the two "great evils" of the world, I wouldn't say that Trump himself is the great evil, but nationalism is. Trump is just a product of nationalism. Now, there's nothing wrong with loving your country, but that's patriotism. Nationalism is a step beyond, a step into xenophobia, into an inability to see your leaders do wrong. It's the sort of attitude behind numerous atrocities around the world.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Nick wrote:If anything, Trump is like Mussolini. Flamboyant, but totally empty. The rally was completely devoid of substance beyond "build the wall" and "lock her up". It was actually fairly disturbing to see the propaganda, manipulation, and groupthink that up close.
Yes, within the past 72 hours I've been thinking that he's Mussolini too. The flamboyantness he learned from his mother. His father taught him business skills. It's scary I've heard so many of Trump's speeches. I've had such complete 180-degree chance in my world view within the last 72 hours.

You know the Hitler stuff is what I worry about. I know Trump hasn't done much of the stuff Hitler did. But I'm really scared he might. My heart rate is high. This is so scary.

Of all the candidates in the 2016 election, I think the best one was Bernie Sanders.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

PlasticRam wrote:
Nick wrote:If anything, Trump is like Mussolini. Flamboyant, but totally empty. The rally was completely devoid of substance beyond "build the wall" and "lock her up". It was actually fairly disturbing to see the propaganda, manipulation, and groupthink that up close.
Yes, within the past 72 hours I've been thinking that he's Mussolini too. The flamboyantness he learned from his mother. His father taught him business skills. It's scary I've heard so many of Trump's speeches. I've had such complete 180-degree chance in my world view within the last 72 hours.

You know the Hitler stuff is what I worry about. I know Trump hasn't done much of the stuff Hitler did. But I'm really scared he might. My heart rate is high. This is so scary.

Of all the candidates in the 2016 election, I think the best one was Bernie Sanders.
Well I think you can take some comfort in the fact that Trump's policies so far haven't really gone anywhere. In the US a big deal is made over every presidents' "first 100 days", where the new president usually accomplishes a long list of policy objectives. Trump is somewhat notorious now for having been in office for 60 something days without any real objectives met. His two travel bans were both struck down by the courts, and his healthcare overhaul is going to be voted on tomorrow in the house and it looks like it will probably fail as well. His proposed budget is getting a ton of criticism from both the left and the right, he's already failed at trying to get Mexico to pay for the wall, and there is no way in hell Hillary Clinton will ever see a day behind bars.

Even if Trump wanted to be Hitler, he's simply not competent enough.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Nick wrote:
PlasticRam wrote:

Well I think you can take some comfort in the fact that Trump's policies so far haven't really gone anywhere. In the US a big deal is made over every presidents' "first 100 days", where the new president usually accomplishes a long list of policy objectives. Trump is somewhat notorious now for having been in office for 60 something days without any real objectives met. His two travel bans were both struck down by the courts, and his healthcare overhaul is going to be voted on tomorrow in the house and it looks like it will probably fail as well. His proposed budget is getting a ton of criticism from both the left and the right, he's already failed at trying to get Mexico to pay for the wall, and there is no way in hell Hillary Clinton will ever see a day behind bars.

Even if Trump wanted to be Hitler, he's simply not competent enough.
Yes, you are likely right. I am overreacting, but still pretty sure something major is going on. Norm Macdonald is a very smart person and he's my fav comedian and he did kinda support Trump, but now he's doing "love, not hate" type of tweets on Twitter and also confessed he voted for Justin Trudeau. Trudeau is a good guy. I think Fox News is freaking out about this too. Yes I do watch Fox News, but I might keep watching because they can see what's going on. They see a radical authoritarian has taken power. This all started from Trump's Kentucky speech. Even Hannity I think was freaked out by that speech. It was Hitlerian. Just like Chris Matthews said Trump's speech on inauguration day was Hitlerian. Now I can totally see what he meant.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I haven't even given you my numbers explanation publicly. Trump first said I think during the campaign that this is 1838 all over again. By that I thought he was referring to 1828, which was when Andrew Jackson got elected. But he messed up the number on purpose. It was a racist dog whistle to say this is 1938 all over again. What happens next is he said in the Kentucky speech this is 1928 all over again. That's when Republicans controlled all three branches of government. But it's also during when Hitler got into more power.

This is why I think he's at least 150 IQ, to find that kind of connection with relevant years and manipulate the numbers.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

The top Republicans who are in on Trump's radical agenda are at least Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell and Jeff Sessions. Neil Gorsuch too, which might be the scariest thing.
I feel like that
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

I agree with Nick that what will bring down Trump in the end is his incompetence.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Charles Krauthammer has been spot on about Trump as an analyst.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

prosecutorgodot wrote:I agree with Nick that what will bring down Trump in the end is his incompetence.
Yes, let's hope so.
I feel like that
letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Why do 4chan/8chan and "dank meme culture" love Trump so much?

Also, please calm down, PlasticRam
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

letmeintomyzone wrote:Why do 4chan/8chan and "dank meme culture" love Trump so much?

I will try to. By crazy coincidence I did do mind-expanding drugs this week, but they were literally mind-expanding. Made me realise something very real.

There might be something that attracts "NEETs" to Trump. Maybe cos life has treated them unfairly.

*A NEET or neet is a young person who is "Not in Education, Employment, or Training"
Last edited by PlasticRam on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Theresa May hopefully is one of the good people.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Karl Rove is prolly a good person. John McCain is prolly good.

Everything I say is just my instinct. Of course it shouldn't be taken as gospel, but there is some kind of a conspiracy going on. Ivanka Trump is moving to the White House, Young Turks has reported.

Trump is into nepotism.
I feel like that
letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Can I make a positive thread to calm you down?
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

letmeintomyzone wrote:Can I make a positive thread to calm you down?
Sure.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Obama's vision for America was a good one. Not perfect, but I'd say he's a top 15 president of all time. Trump is prolly the 45th best.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Bill O'Reilly is a reasonable man.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

There are Nazis and then there are people who are freaking out. Then also people who aren't freaking out.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

letmeintomyzone wrote:Why do 4chan/8chan and "dank meme culture" love Trump so much?

Simply put, because 4chan and 8chan are full of trolls, and Donald Trump is the most successful troll in the world. The man literally shitposted his way into the white house.

Also because 4chan and 8chan were/are places where total anonymity reigns supreme, which lead to a website with virtually no rules, which lead to the users posting increasingly "edgy" material, which lead to the site's users pseudo-ironically supporting the "edgiest" views around (racism, neo-Nazism, etc.), which lead to an influx of real racists and neo-Nazis, which naturally became attracted to Trump for his anti-immigration views and extreme political un-correctness.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

NBC, CBS, CNN and Fox News are okay networks. They have been seen as biased, but right now they are the good guys. I think every network is pivoting towards humanity at the moment.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

House of Representatives might have a large enough majority for the fascists. Senate is very, very close. 100% of the presidency is owned by a fascist.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Trump's chance of winning a re-election in 2020 has gone down 5 points (34 to 29) in a relatively short period of time, this is according to the bookies. I think it's still gonna keep plummeting.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Nunes is obviously full of shit. Comey is a good guy. That would seem to suggest Hillary Clinton wouldn't have been good cos Comey injected himself into the presidential election twice, both pretty negative from her view. Comey is a patriot.

Hillary Clinton is kind of pointless speculation at this point cos she's not the president.

Pence's odds in 2020 have plummeted. He's prolly one of the bad guys. That's a large problem for America, that the president and the VP are fascists.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Trump's odds moved from 29 to 26 in a matter of minutes I swear to God. I don't know if I should say God anymore cos I was influenced by Trump to say that.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Trump tapped into something legitimate. But his end goal is horrific.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Tucker Carlson seems reasonable. Just watch any news channel at the moment and it's like the Twilight Zone.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Nigel Farage might be one of the fascists. I'm glad it's May running Britain and not him.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Saying "radical islamic terrorism" might conflate evil muslims with the good ones after all. That's why I think it was important that Obama didn't use that term.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Islam isn't inherently bad. Certain people are bad. They come from all religions (or lack of), but there is a problem with islamic terrorism at the moment.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Every person is an individual.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Trump predicted Brussels attack that was a year ago. I'm just saying.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

The U.S.A. doesn't have free speech anymore.
I feel like that
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I think Nick said nationalism is bad, patriotism is good. I think that's the right take.
I feel like that

Return to “General Discussion”