Help wanted!

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Help wanted!

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Then maybe only Europe suffered through this. Consider yourself lucky.
What kind of music do they make? Why are they so infamous?
They're practicing a brand of adolescent pop-meets-emo rock thing with a visual style somewhere between emo and visual kei. They were very big with the youth at some point, although they've descended into obscurity since then. Trust me, they were ENORMOUSLY successful from a commercial standpoint and their leader Bill Kaulitz was some sort of ephemereal icon. I guess they fitted well somewhere between the last shards of Placebo's European success and Muse among the youngs over here.

Their music sucks.
So...kinda like Simple Plan?
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Then maybe only Europe suffered through this. Consider yourself lucky.
What kind of music do they make? Why are they so infamous?
They're practicing a brand of adolescent pop-meets-emo rock thing with a visual style somewhere between emo and visual kei. They were very big with the youth at some point, although they've descended into obscurity since then. Trust me, they were ENORMOUSLY successful from a commercial standpoint and their leader Bill Kaulitz was some sort of ephemereal icon. I guess they fitted well somewhere between the last shards of Placebo's European success and Muse among the youngs over here.

Their music sucks.
I saw them live at the European MTV Awards in Berlin...we went to see Foo Fighters, U2 and Green Day. No need to say, the German Tokio Hotel fans were just too much :) Good memories
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote: What kind of music do they make? Why are they so infamous?

Their music sucks.
So...kinda like Simple Plan?
I just listened to a song from each act and I planned to give you more thorough details of their differences, but you're hilariously spot on :D
spiritualized wrote:
Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote: What kind of music do they make? Why are they so infamous?

Their music sucks.
I saw them live at the European MTV Awards in Berlin...we went to see Foo Fighters, U2 and Green Day. No need to say, the German Tokio Hotel fans were just too much :) Good memories
I can only imagine ;)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Knowing how bad Simple Plan is, these guys sound like they're really bad. And at least Europeans are aware they're bad! Some countries have no idea that one of their most successful artists/bands is total crap (says the Katy Perry fan).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

StevieFan13 wrote:Knowing how bad Simple Plan is, these guys sound like they're really bad. And at least Europeans are aware they're bad! Some countries have no idea that one of their most successful artists/bands is total crap (says the Katy Perry fan).
:angry-nono: Hey, "California Gurls" and "Dark Horse" are two of the most brilliant pop songs of the decade.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

babydoll wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Knowing how bad Simple Plan is, these guys sound like they're really bad. And at least Europeans are aware they're bad! Some countries have no idea that one of their most successful artists/bands is total crap (says the Katy Perry fan).
:angry-nono: Hey, "California Gurls" and "Dark Horse" are two of the most brilliant pop songs of the decade.
I may lose my already much-dented credibility with this, but I'm a sucker for "Firework". Add it to my seriously long list of guilty pleasures.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
babydoll wrote:
I may lose my already much-dented credibility with this, but I'm a sucker for "Firework". Add it to my seriously long list of guilty pleasures.
And I love "Chained to the Rhythm" and "Teenage Dream." We're all on the same boat.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

babydoll wrote:
Dark Horse does nothing for me, but I'm glad you like it. I also really like California Gurls (the spelling was apparently inspired by September Gurls...much as I love it, I don't think it's quite as good as Big Star).
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

StevieFan13 wrote:
babydoll wrote:
Dark Horse does nothing for me, but I'm glad you like it.
...and "Chained to the Rhythm" does? :?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

babydoll wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
babydoll wrote: :angry-nono: Hey, "California Gurls" and "Dark Horse" are two of the most brilliant pop songs of the decade.
Dark Horse does nothing for me, but I'm glad you like it.
...and "Chained to the Rhythm" does? :?
Like the beat, her voice sounds better than usual, Skip Marley's a welcome addition. Different strokes for different folks, man.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Pierre wrote:I thought it'd be a good idea to ask the few questions I have at this point, as I've made great progress in my work on the lists I planned (and I'm still planning) to add to the spreadsheet. For the questions that I had in the message above, never mind, I just took decisions and filled my notes file (I've got a three-pages long Word document with notes, in Calibri police 11, already :D ). So, before I get started on these:

- What are the plans for the Roadie Crew list of the best albums of 1980 (compiled in 2010) and Consequence of Sound's list of the best albums of 2007 (compiled in 2017)? Do I add them to the spreadsheet or are they considered late-EOY lists of sort and are added separately?
- Is Loudwire's list of the top albums of the 1980s actually already added to the master file? As StevieFan13 pointed out, it was already featured in the summary of lists to be added from JR.
- How do I handle Kerrang's list of 666 albums, which features ratings for the albums (all go from 3 Ks to 5 Ks, though, as they are the albums to hear before you die)?
- Also, I recommend combining the entries for G N' R Lies and Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide, but I want your opinion on this :)

Thanks in advance for the answers! :)
That was a fun discussion, but I need Henrik's answers to my questions so I bring'em back to the top.

Self-quoting might be an epitome of egotism, and/but I totally endorse it :mrgreen:
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Pierre wrote: - Is Loudwire's list of the top albums of the 1980s actually already added to the master file? As StevieFan13 pointed out, it was already featured in the summary of lists to be added from JR.
Never mind that one, I checked the first spreadsheet from this topic that I had forgotten about, and it's in there. My three other questions still stand, but I may take decisions if there's no answer before I reach the point where I'll add the related lists.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Pierre, now I have stepped into a period with less AM time again, but I'll try to answer your questions tonight.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Henrik wrote:Pierre, now I have stepped into a period with less AM time again, but I'll try to answer your questions tonight.
I totally understand Henrik, and don't worry, if you're taking a break, I'll just take decisions and put them in my notes (in fact, I more or less already did) so no sweat if you want to stay away.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Pierre wrote:- What are the plans for the Roadie Crew list of the best albums of 1980 (compiled in 2010) and Consequence of Sound's list of the best albums of 2007 (compiled in 2017)? Do I add them to the spreadsheet or are they considered late-EOY lists of sort and are added separately? I don't handle them as eoy lists, so it would be great if they are added to the spreadsheet.
- How do I handle Kerrang's list of 666 albums, which features ratings for the albums (all go from 3 Ks to 5 Ks, though, as they are the albums to hear before you die)? You can simply enter the ratings in the spreadsheet.
- Also, I recommend combining the entries for G N' R Lies and Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide, but I want your opinion on this :)Yes, that's fine.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Henrik wrote:
Pierre wrote:- What are the plans for the Roadie Crew list of the best albums of 1980 (compiled in 2010) and Consequence of Sound's list of the best albums of 2007 (compiled in 2017)? Do I add them to the spreadsheet or are they considered late-EOY lists of sort and are added separately? I don't handle them as eoy lists, so it would be great if they are added to the spreadsheet.
- How do I handle Kerrang's list of 666 albums, which features ratings for the albums (all go from 3 Ks to 5 Ks, though, as they are the albums to hear before you die)? You can simply enter the ratings in the spreadsheet.
- Also, I recommend combining the entries for G N' R Lies and Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide, but I want your opinion on this :)Yes, that's fine.
Thanks for your answers; for the ratings I was going to use 1, 2 and 3 as equivalents to 5K, 4K and 3K, but if I can enter the ratings directly that's what I'll do.

I'll add all of that stuff. Thanks again.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Well, here we are! That was some work , but I've added all the lists I planned to except for a few which proved too difficult.

Here's the list of lists:

Dick Weissman: Blues (2005)
Rolling Stone 100 Greatest ex-Yugoslavia albums 1955-2015 (2015)
YU 100: Greatest Yugoslav Rock and Pop music albums (1998)
Večernji list: 101 albums for a desert island (Croatia, 2008)
Afisha's 50 best Russian albums of all time (2010)
Nový čas: The 100 Greatest Slovak Albums of All Time (2007)
César Miguel Rondón - Basic discography from "The Book of Salsa" (2008)
Record Collectors Rock Album Best 100 book (Japan, 2007)
Record Collectors Rock Album Best 100 of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s (Japan, 2007)
The Music Magazine 40th anniversary top 100 lists (Japan, 2009)
Richard Cook & Brian Morton - The Penguin Guide to Jazz (2010 Edition)
Latin Times - Top 35 Latin American Alternative Albums of All Time (2013)
La Tempestad: Un continente musical (2014)
Florent Mazzoleni - The Epic of African Music - Selective Discography (2013)
Robert Haagsma - The Golden Years of Dutch Pop Music 1960-1979 (Netherlands, 2016)
Soundi - 50 Best Finnish Albums (2005)
Esensja's 50 Best Polish Albums (Poland, 2009)
Esensja End of Decade list for the 2000s (Poland, 2010)
Flavorwire: The 50 best albums you've never heard (2013)
Les Inrockuptibles (France) - Hidden Treasures (1999)
Jean-Emmanuel Deluxe: Yé-yé girls of 60's French Pop (2013)
Songlines - The 50 Greatest World Music Albums of the Last Five Years (2015)
NME - 100 Lost Albums You Need to Know (2015)
The Guardian: DJ John Peel's 20 Favorite Albums (1997)
Andrew Earles: Gimme indie rock - 500 Essential American Underground Rock Albums 1981-1996 (2014)
Revista Zero: 100 albums you must have if you don't want to be ashamed (2004)
Gino Castaldo - Musique: Box (France, 2011)
Q - The Debut Albums That Changed Music (2017)
Ultimate Classic Rock - Masterpieces: The Very Best Albums From More Than 100 Classic Rock Acts
Ultimate Classic Rock - Rock's 100 Most Underrated Albums (2017)
Classic Rock Magazine (UK) - The Real 100 Greatest Albums of the 80s (2016)
Classic Rock Magazine (UK) - The Real 100 Greatest Albums of the 80s appendix: The Albums That Built the 1980s (2016)
Lorenzo Barbagli - After the Flood: Progressive rock 1976-2010 (Italia, 2011)
Will Romano - Mountains Come Out of the Sky: The Illustrated History of Prog Rock (2010)
The Tsunami Edizioni books
NME - The 50 Greatest Live Albums Ever (2014)
Muziq - 101 essential live discs (2008)
Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 100 Live Albums (2015)
Choosing Death: The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore 1987-2003 (2004)
The lists from Martin Popoff
Hard Rock Magazine: Top 50 Live Albums (1999)
Hard Rock Magazine - 170 legendary albums (2004)
Kerrang!: 666 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (2012)
Christian Eudeline - Hard Rock - 100 Essential Hard Albums (2007)
Christian Eudeline: From Hard Rock to Heavy Metal: The 100 Cult Albums (2014)
Loudwire - Top 50 Metal Albums (2015)
Deena Weinstein's Heavy Metal: The Music and Its Culture - Top 100 definitive metal albums (2009)
D'Head Banger: 100 Best Hard Albums (1990)
Hard Rock Magazine: 100 Best Albums 1984-1993 (1993)
Hard Rock Magazine: 50 Best Albums 1990-1995 (1995)
Decibel Magazine: Top 100 old-school metal albums of all time (up-to-1989) (2015)
Roadie Crew: 100 greatest heavy metal & classic rock albums (Brazil, 2007)
Loudwire - Top 70 Hard Rock + Metal Albums of the 1970s
Loudwire - Top 90 Hard Rock + Metal Albums of the 1990s
Loudwire - Top 100 Hard Rock + Metal Albums of the 21st Century
Roadie Crew: the 80 best albums of 1980 (Brazil, 2010)
Top 50 Albums of 2007 - Consequence of Sound [US] (2017)
Drum Magazine - Top 20 Drum Albums of the Last 20 Years (2012)
Faster Louder (AUS): The Most Underrated Albums of All Time (2012)
Philippe Margotin - 100 Years of Blues and Soul - Selective Discography (2016)

That was a busy week. I've also taken craploads of notes so instead of making a long tedious post, I've joined my Word file. That should be more... simple I guess? :? :D

SPOILER BELOW

Aside from a certain grunge album scoring big and potentially becoming the most acclaimed album of all time, I'm not actually expecting much major shake-up from this amount of lists, as many are specialized in different fields and give points to a lot of different albums. If anything, if there are major movements they'll occur in the bubblerzone.

In hard rock and metal, the main juggernauts should keep on sailing unhindered, with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Queensrÿche, Guns N' Roses, Rainbow and System of a Down crushing all opposition. For the rest, there's a lot of vote dispersion, for instance for Rush, Scorpions, Helloween or Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, which may not help them to make real progress.

Potentially good news for Nassim: Queen shoud get a few new bubblers. Potentially bad news for Nassim: Dream Theater will probably climb a bit.

Potentially good news for jamieW: Nightwish and maybe Evanescence may score a bubbler album each. However, Within Temptation are not even close.

Potentially bad news for everybody: I don't see what could stop Ted Nugent's Double Live Gonzo! from at least be a bubbler on the next album update, and maybe even more than that.

Otherwise, I'm annoyed by how sexist the lists for classic rock and heavy metal remain. I mean, Heart, X, the Runaways and solo Joan Jett and Lita Ford, Pat Benatar, the Plasmatics and Wendy O. Williams, Bitch or Girlschool, and more recent female-fronted acts like Evanescence, Nightwish or Within Temptation all scored negligible gains. It's not today that they will make their legacy break through.

In other news, jazz, salsa and African music may make some gains, but I don't know well enough how Henrik gives points to very underrated styles like these to make projections. In those lists, there was a lot of new entries so it may have very little impact.

The lists of "rare and underrated" albums are interesting but should have little influence either. I'm cautiously optimistic for Rowland S. Howard, White Noise and Jobriath to score bubblers but that's about all.

I also have cautious hopes for live albums in general. At the very least, live music should score some new bubblers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Great work, man! I can't help but wonder if the next update'll make said certain grunge group the first band to top both the songs and albums lists (not that said grunge group's frontman would agree about either of them). Also, speaking of which: did you add his list as well? 'Cuz I see the John Peel list, but not his.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Other assorted thoughts:
- Yay Queen! Maybe this'll help Sheer Heart Attack a bit (not keeping my hopes up for Jazz or News of the World).
- Sexism sucks. All these '90s hard rock lists and somehow Sleater-Kinney isn't hard enough for them (but Nirvana and Pearl Jam are?).
- As ever, fuck Ted Nugent. I was hoping the inconsistent album selection would hurt his chances, but guess not.
- Another thing the assorted hard rock lists make me wonder: how'd American Idiot do? I love that album, and at the moment it's just barely scraping the top 500.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Gran Poder de Diosa released an EP in 2013 https://elgranpoderdediosa.bandcamp.com ... gpd-mmxiii
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:Great work, man! I can't help but wonder if the next update'll make said certain grunge group the first band to top both the songs and albums lists (not that said grunge group's frontman would agree about either of them). Also, speaking of which: did you add his list as well? 'Cuz I see the John Peel list, but not his.
No I didn't. I generally didn't add the lists made by artists and concentrated on those from journalists/critics. Dunno why. No particular reason, I probably forgot. No matter what, as Henrik would say, anyone is free to work on the spreadsheet.
StevieFan13 wrote: - Another thing the assorted hard rock lists make me wonder: how'd American Idiot do? I love that album, and at the moment it's just barely scraping the top 500.
It showed up in four lists. Interestingly, a number of rarely acclaimed albums by Green Day got a few points. Perhaps Insomniac might become a bubbler.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:Gran Poder de Diosa released an EP in 2013 https://elgranpoderdediosa.bandcamp.com ... gpd-mmxiii
Indeed, but the entry is for something titled El gran poder released in 2012. An error?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Great work, man! I can't help but wonder if the next update'll make said certain grunge group the first band to top both the songs and albums lists (not that said grunge group's frontman would agree about either of them). Also, speaking of which: did you add his list as well? 'Cuz I see the John Peel list, but not his.
No I didn't. I generally didn't add the lists made by artists and concentrated on those from journalists/critics. Dunno why. No particular reason, I probably forgot. No matter what, as Henrik would say, anyone is free to work on the spreadsheet.
StevieFan13 wrote: - Another thing the assorted hard rock lists make me wonder: how'd American Idiot do? I love that album, and at the moment it's just barely scraping the top 500.
It showed up in four lists. Interestingly, a number of rarely acclaimed albums by Green Day got a few points. Perhaps Insomniac might become a bubbler.
I am largely a spreadsheet illiterate, but I might make a project out of adding the "artists' favorite albums" lists.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Question: how do I make text go up and down as opposed to horizontal, like you did?

In fact, can I just give you some album lists to add? Because I'm stumped at the moment. If it's too much work for you, just help me with it.
Last edited by StevieFan13 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:Question: how do I make text go up and down as opposed to horizontal, like you did?
I don't know the name of the function in English. This should be this icon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I think I've got it now. How do you denote when an album is on an unranked list? (Like Main Source's Breaking Atoms on Nas' list).
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

You just write it as "1," right?
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:I think I've got it now. How do you denote when an album is on an unranked list? (Like Main Source's Breaking Atoms on Nas' list).
StevieFan13 wrote:You just write it as "1," right?
Yeah, for unranked list, all ranks are generally "1". If this is a list with additional recommendations or second orders of sort, we simply put these as "2" :) This shouldn't be of concern in this case.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:Gran Poder de Diosa released an EP in 2013 https://elgranpoderdediosa.bandcamp.com ... gpd-mmxiii
Indeed, but the entry is for something titled El gran poder released in 2012. An error?
Probably, I checked different sources and only a song in 2012. "El gran poder " not, but Gran Poder de Diosa (= GPD) appears in music blogs as the best of 2013
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Probably, I checked different sources and only a song in 2012. "El gran poder " not, but Gran Poder de Diosa (= GPD) appears in music blogs as the best of 2013
I see. I'll wait for StevieFan13 to finish with what he is currently doing anyway, but do you have any suggestion?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I'm skipping over all of the compilations on the different lists (like Star Time on the Tom Waits list).
To be specific, the lists I'm adding (all from the "Favorite albums by acclaimed artists" thread) are the ones by:
Nas
Tom Waits
Kurt Cobain
David Bowie
Kendrick Lamar
Carrie Brownstein
Tegan and Sara
Danny Brown
John Frusciante
Henry Rollins (did you already add that one?)
Alicia Keys
Kid Cudi (I'm discounting the Jimi Hendrix entry, but I'm counting the MJ picks as a four-way tie)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I also might do the Q "Album That Changed My Life" list, but that one also features songs, so it's kinda confusing.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:I
Henry Rollins (did you already add that one?)
No, as I said I didn't touch the lists by artists at all.
StevieFan13 wrote:I also might do the Q "Album That Changed My Life" list, but that one also features songs, so it's kinda confusing.
I chose to skip it precisely because it was very confusing. I'm not stopping you from trying, though, but as you said it's a complex list :?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Alright. Maybe I'll start by separating the songs from the albums beforehand to make my life easier. I'm onto the Kurt Cobain list now and I've already added Nas and Tom Waits. I'll only do the ones I can understand.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Thanks Pierre! You've done an amazing job!

Stevie, I look forward to your additions as well.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Henrik wrote:Thanks Pierre! You've done an amazing job!
You're very welcome ;)
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:
I see. I'll wait for StevieFan13 to finish with what he is currently doing anyway, but do you have any suggestion?
I don't know...Used to most fair criteria hehe

Also, I didn't find Chabuca Granda's "Lo mejor de Chabuca" on the xls, it was in La Tempestad list
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... ca_granda/
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:

Also, I didn't find Chabuca Granda's "Lo mejor de Chabuca" on the xls, it was in La Tempestad list
Well, let's leave the Grand Poder de Diosa issue as is, then, unless more accurate data can be obtained :)

For "Lo mejor de Chabuca", I believe it's the same as this one entry:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Chabuca-Gran ... se/7340983

It's labeled as a compilation and this makes sense, but if you can gather data to demonstrate that it's not, I'll add it to the spreadsheet once StevieFan13 is done :)
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Well, let's leave the Grand Poder de Diosa issue as is, then, unless more accurate data can be obtained :)

For "Lo mejor de Chabuca", I believe it's the same as this one entry:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Chabuca-Gran ... se/7340983

It's labeled as a compilation and this makes sense, but if you can gather data to demonstrate that it's not, I'll add it to the spreadsheet once StevieFan13 is done :)

It's called a comp, not because join old tracks but have different performers. But it was an album produced completely by Chabuca. Not old tracks. The title is confused because she wrote her songs before but the recording was new in 1962

"La misma compositora cimentó su fama con un álbum llamado «Lo Mejor de Chabuca Granda». Este disco editado en 1962 y supervisado por la misma Chabuca reunió a sus intérpretes favoritos, Los Troveros Criollos, Los Chamas, Jesús Vásquez y Eloísa Angulo. A la calidad de los temas y las virtuosas interpretaciones, se sumó una calidad de sonido nunca alcanzada hasta entonces, por lo cual es considerado como uno de los mejores discos en la historia de la música criolla peruana."
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabuca_Granda

Also
http://notasyfobal.blogspot.pe/2015/01/ ... -peru.html
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

All the lists I added are above.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Did I do the job? I might add more later.
If I add more, I'll add:
- the assorted Diffuser lists
- Metal Hammer's Top 100 Albums of the 21st Century
- the Boombox lists (since it's legit)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Should I bother?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

StevieFan13 wrote:Should I bother?
If the lists have been deemed eligible, I am definitely grateful if you add them to the spreadsheet! Was this unclear somehow?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Should I bother?
If the lists have been deemed eligible, I am definitely grateful if you add them to the spreadsheet! Was this unclear somehow?
Only a few were a bit unclear. You never gave a final verdict on the Boombox lists or the Metal Hammer one, but since I checked both and they are eligible, I might as well.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

From what I looked, you did the job correctly StevieFan13. Thanks! Now I'll wait for you to be done with the final lists you're doing and if Henrik approves of the very last batch of metal/punk lists I just posted, I'll also add them. That should round up this whole metal-push thing nicely :D
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:From what I looked, you did the job correctly StevieFan13. Thanks! Now I'll wait for you to be done with the final lists you're doing and if Henrik approves of the very last batch of metal/punk lists I just posted, I'll also add them. That should round up this whole metal-push thing nicely :D
Good indeed. This is going pretty smoothly. I'll post all the lists I've added once I post the next spreadsheet update.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

I got a doubt, I don't see albums from some list Henrik confirmed eligible. It's because are not on the database yet or is an alternative file?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

panam wrote:I got a doubt, I don't see albums from some list Henrik confirmed eligible. It's because are not on the database yet or is an alternative file?
On the spreadsheet? All the albums from acclaimed artists were posted in the "Favorite albums/songs by acclaimed artists" thread. The ones with 20+ songs are all eligible (though I didn't add the Thurston Moore list, which is less than 20 songs but Henrik also declared eligible).
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

StevieFan13 wrote:
panam wrote:I got a doubt, I don't see albums from some list Henrik confirmed eligible. It's because are not on the database yet or is an alternative file?
On the spreadsheet? All the albums from acclaimed artists were posted in the "Favorite albums/songs by acclaimed artists" thread. The ones with 20+ songs are all eligible (though I didn't add the Thurston Moore list, which is less than 20 songs but Henrik also declared eligible).
Sorry, I was talking about the xls of Pierre, I didn't find some albums that were on the Latin American section and Henrik said long time ago that they were eligible. so i wasn't sure if it's because Pierre manage another database than Henrik or it's just that were not included yet.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:- Metal Hammer's Top 100 Albums of the 21st Century
StevieFan13, this one isn't eligible :( As long as the readership of the magazine was involved into the polling, it can't be...
panam wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
Sorry, I was talking about the xls of Pierre, I didn't find some albums that were on the Latin American section and Henrik said long time ago that they were eligible. so i wasn't sure if it's because Pierre manage another database than Henrik or it's just that were not included yet.
panam, I only added the lists mentioned above in this thread, not all the eligible lists. If the albums you mention should be in one of the lists I added, it's an error of mine, otherwise it's normal.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”