R.I.P. Hans Rosling

Henrik
Site Admin

R.I.P. Hans Rosling

Post by Henrik »

One of my biggest idols in the world has sadly died today.

Hans Rosling was a Swedish professor of international health, who became famous as a public speaker with spectacular presentations that show many positive trends in the world, that are not known to people in the Western world, largely because we are continuously feeded with bad news.

I think this is his most famous talk/presentation. It's from 2003. A lot has happened in the world since then of course. There are many more recent videos available as well if you're interested.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: R.I.P. Hans Rosling

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:One of my biggest idols in the world has sadly died today.

Hans Rosling was a Swedish professor of international health, who became famous as a public speaker with spectacular presentations that show many positive trends in the world, that are not known to people in the Western world, largely because we are continuously feeded with bad news.

I think this is his most famous talk/presentation. It's from 2003. A lot has happened in the world since then of course. There are many more recent videos available as well if you're interested.
He seems like a really cool guy. Sorry to hear of his passing.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

I recall watching those TED talks back then. An important voice who taught us all something.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Thank you for sharing, Henrik. I have to admit that I'd never heard of Hans Rosling before, but now that I've watched the presentation you posted, I'm keen to learn more about him and his work. Sorry to hear that he has passed away, but I hope the positivity he exuded about social development and health will live on.
...will keep us together.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Wow, Professor Rosling's presentation in the above video is really amazing! The data is interesting too, but the graphics captured my attention. Seems like a cool guy.
Alireza-res
Debut

Post by Alireza-res »

oh its very awesome ...
سئو

Return to “General Discussion”