AMF All-Time Song Poll (2015 edition results)

Bruno
Shake Some Action

Re: AMF All-Time Song Poll (2015 edition results)

Post by Bruno »

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor:
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

Henry wrote:
Jackson wrote: think Stairway to Heaven will be number one this time, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Well, I'm betting on either Stairway to Heaven, or Satisfaction to come out on top.
Loved both these songs when I first heard them but I can go 20 years without hearing either. Didn't you people get sick of them?
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Blanco wrote:
whuntva wrote:At this rate we'll be done just in time for my birthday (on the 9th).
whuntva wrote:I'm kinda young--I turn 20 on Thursday.
whuntva wrote:Now, on the eve of my twentieth birthday, I feel this is the narrative of my life.
Someone wants to be congratulated...
Just kidding, whuntva. Early, but I wish you a happy birthday in advance.
:obscene-drinkingcheers: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor:
Sorry. The timing of this poll was just a neat coincidence is all. Thank you!
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

BleuPanda wrote: Image
39. The Smiths - There is a Light that Never Goes Out (1986)
(4634.42 points | 25 votes)
2012 ranking: 56 (change: 17)
AM rank: 82
Fans: Nick (5), DaveC (26), JimmyJazz (26)
OK, someone help me here. I don't get the love for the Smiths. Even bands I despise I get the appeal on why others love 'em but I don't get anything from the Smiths. I find them to be so boring beyond belief. I keep thinking I'm missing something and I re-introduce myself to their music every once in awhile but they just remain bland.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking, squealing Gucci little piggy
15. Radiohead - Paranoid Android (1997)
(6286.48 points | 29 votes)
2012 ranking: 12 (change: -3)
AM rank: 97
Fans: GucciLittlePiggy (3), Toni (6), JimmyJazz (10), whuntva (10)
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
14. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower (1968)
(6370.69 points | 31 votes)
2012 ranking: 8 (change: -6)
AM rank: 70
Fans: whuntva (1), Henry (3), Listyguy (4)
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
13. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever (1967)
(6387.37 points | 27 votes)
2012 ranking: 35 (change: 22)
AM rank: 8
Fans: stone37 (1), Listyguy (2), JimmyJazz (4), Toni (5), TimmyWing (6), Romain (9)
And there's a taste in my mouth
As desperation takes hold
12. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (1980)
(6391.08 points | 22 votes)
2012 ranking: 23 (change: 11)
AM rank: 14
Fans: hectorthebat (4), luney6 (5), Nick (8), Blanco (9)
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
Cause London is drowning, and I, I live by the river
11. The Clash - London Calling (1979)
(6392.8 points | 27 votes)
2012 ranking: 9 (change: -2)
AM rank: 22
Fans: Dan (6), Nick (12), DaveC (13)
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Happy birthday, whuntva! I hope your favorite song falling 6 spots was a good present...
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

BleuPanda wrote:Happy birthday, whuntva! I hope your favorite song falling 6 spots was a good present...
LOL! I'll say something about that later. But for now...

15. Radiohead - Paranoid Android-The "Bohemian Rhapsody" of the 90s. Tripped out and odd. This is Radiohead at their wackiest and most fun. Even if the song is in a depressing key and the lyrics don't make a lot of sense, it is a ride. Every track on OK Computer pushed the envelope. But this was their most ambitious tune.

14. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower-While I put it as my #1 and it is a permanent fixture of my Top 10, I don't really have too many qualms with its placement. Of all the lists I provide you with, the songs list is the most fluid. Not necessarily in the sense that songs keep coming and going (though they do). It's more that I'll have a different #1 each time. I think this is definitely my favorite Hendrix--And Dylan--tune, but don't be surprised if I go with "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or "Bohemian Rhapsody" or something else next time.

13. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever-The other song I didn't vote for in the Top 20. Yeah, I miscalculated when I wrote of "Waterloo Sunset". It actually doesn't rank high on my list of Beatles tunes. Even though it sounds pretty unique with the sitar and somewhat trippy atmosphere, I never was able to jam to it. I like "A Day in the Life" much better.

12. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart-It would appear I mis-predicted the highest song of the 80s but almost got this song exactly right. This is a heartbreaker and a fitting eulogy for Joy Division. The band became popular just as Ian Curtis died, and it is even more tragic as a result. You rock, Ian!

11. The Clash - London Calling-Standard punk. Crisp and clea production with Joe Strummer's angry vocals. One of the hardest, rawest songs ever made. I rock out every time.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

People always told me be careful of what you do
And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
10. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1982)
(6458.84 points | 27 votes)
2012 ranking: 14 (change: 4)
AM rank: 16
Fans: Henrik (2), Dan (3), Bruno (4), Dexter (7), OtisRedding (9)
I shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me
9. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil (1968)
(6677.29 points | 32 votes)
2012 ranking: 11 (change: 2)
AM rank: 18
Fans: Jirin (2), Gillingham (4), kingoftonga (7)
I found it hard, it was hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind
8. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
(7412.68 points | 32 votes)
2012 ranking: 20 (change: 12)
AM rank: 2
Fans: Blanco (1), Live in Phoenix (1), whuntva (4), Dexter (6), Bruno (7), Dan (8)
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
7. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1969)
(7547.6 points | 34 votes)
2012 ranking: 1 (change: -6)
AM rank: 43
Fans: Jirin (4), JimmyJazz (5), OtisRedding (10)
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
6. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (1971)
(7601.46 points | 27 votes)
2012 ranking: 5 (change: -1)
AM rank: 20
Fans: Henry (1), ordinaryperson (3), Red Ant (3), whuntva (3), Rob (4), Bruno (6), jamieW (8)
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

10. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean-Highest song of the 80s! Not a bad choice. I think it works for establishing MJ as a pop star. Good choice.

9. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil-Innovative and detailed. This is textbook 60s. Protest, anti-war, anti-authority. But I prefer "Gimme Shelter" and "Paint It, Black"

8. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit-It's gonna be "Like A Rolling Stone" at #1. If Nirvana couldn't cut the mustard, Dylan can. AS for the song itself, it seems the 90s have the most consensus for the decade's best song. This song was more than a song, it was a rally call. It was a step for the youth and a shout against humdrum Middle America. Good call.

7. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter-Catchy and another anti-war song. When I did my thesis project on Vietnam-era music, I cited this song specifically.

6. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven-The song with continuous airplay, downloads and streams. Legend has it it's always playing somewhere in the world and has been continuously on someone's stream or radio for 44 years now. The best part is the solo. The way it builds set a precedent for soft-loud-soft songs after it.
Last edited by whuntva on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

So it's "Like a Rolling Stone", "A Day in the Life", "Good Vibrations", "Born to Run" and "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay"? I feel it's Bob Dylan for the win but all are deserving of a Top 5 spot. The first four broke grounds and conventions on how a popular song is constructed but "Yey!" for "Dock of the Bay" going up this high on a simple but powerful song that seems like the odd one out of the bunch.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same
5. Otis Redding - (Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay (1968)
(7613.28 points | 31 votes)
2012 ranking: 7 (change: 2)
AM rank: 12
Fans: Andre (1), Listyguy (3), stone37 (4)
I want to know if love is wild, girl I want to know if love is real
4. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (1975)
(8329.61 points | 30 votes)
2012 ranking: 16 (change: 12)
AM rank: 13
Fans: VanillaFire (1), BleuPanda (3), Henry (4), PlasticRam (5), Dan (7), OtisRedding (7)
I don't know where but she sends me there
3. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966)
(8337.63 points | 33 votes)
2012 ranking: 6 (change: 3)
AM rank: 3
Fans: Nick (4), stone37 (5), Jirin (6), Henry (9), Bruno (10), Dexter (10)
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Dexter wrote:So it's "Like a Rolling Stone", "A Day in the Life", "Good Vibrations", "Born to Run" and "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay"? I feel it's Bob Dylan for the win but all are deserving of a Top 5 spot. The first four broke grounds and conventions on how a popular song is constructed but "Yey!" for "Dock of the Bay" going up this high on a simple but powerful song that seems like the odd one out of the bunch.
I think the fifth song too kinda broke at least some ground. Like at least for Redding it was surely a huge step into a new direction when he didn't go all energetic in the end, but just started whistling. I don't know if it influenced other artists, but I like to think it did, at least artists within Redding's own genre.
I feel like that
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

5. Otis Redding - (Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay-One of those sad songs with a deceptively happy tune. Always makes me think. I actually think the song benefitted from the whistling.

4. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run-Who doesn't love this. There's a reason why it established Bruce as a singer. Highest song of the 70s and really good. That's all I really have to say.

3. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations-As you can tell, I'm kind of at a loss for words now. I'd just be saying "it's good because it's good" just like the last two and inevitably the Top 2. But this song is good and I can see why it's a fixture of our polls.

Oh man! I love ya, Beatles. But can you cut It? I dunno. Interestingly, neither of these songs got any #1 votes from us.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Ain't it hard when you discover that
He really wasn't where it's at
After he took from you everything he could steal?
2. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (1965)
(8406.52 points | 31 votes)
2012 ranking: 2 (change: 0)
AM rank: 1
Fans: Bruno (2), Fred (2), Rob (2), Dexter (3), PlasticRam (3), Jirin (5), Nick (9), TimmyWing (10)
I'd love to turn you on
1. The Beatles - A Day in the Life (1967)
(8624.57 points | 36 votes)
2012 ranking: 3 (change: 2)
AM rank: 5
Fans: Nick (2), whuntva (2), BleuPanda (7), Krurze (7), Charlie Driggs (9), JimmyJazz (9), stone37 (10)
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

whuntva wrote:Oh man! I love ya, Beatles. But can you cut It? I dunno. Interestingly, neither of these songs got any #1 votes from us.
I'll be readying the champagne for a potential Beatles #1 :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Edit: IN LEGENDARY MOMENTS OF SPEAKING TOO SOON :music-guitarred: :music-guitarred: :music-guitarred: :music-guitarred:
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

OMG! What a birthday present this was!

2. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone-Our eternal standby. I can see why people hate this song--Dylan does sound like he had a cold recording this--but I like the concept. Once again, the concept becomes relevant when applied to our modern reality TV culture. The duality and juxtaposition of the glamour life and poor life was a nice touch. Bob wrote a really good song here.

1. The Beatles - A Day in the Life-A very odd song. Probably the trippiest the Beatles got. I think most of the praise Sgt. Pepper gets is due to this song alone. The way it tells a story and also encapsulates Cold War paranoia and depression makes it a product of its time, but the nondescript lyrics and the sweeping orchestral backup also makes it timeless. The rising vocals always make me feel like I'm moving to another world, and that last note probably sends chills down everyone's spines. My favorite Beatles song for a reason. Will likely always be at least #3 on my list.

Thank you BleuPanda and all the participants. This poll just gets better and better. I love more and more songs and I'll be sure to stick around.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Thanks for the work, BleuPanda! That went smoothly.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Zombeels wrote:
BleuPanda wrote: Image
39. The Smiths - There is a Light that Never Goes Out (1986)
(4634.42 points | 25 votes)
2012 ranking: 56 (change: 17)
AM rank: 82
Fans: Nick (5), DaveC (26), JimmyJazz (26)
OK, someone help me here. I don't get the love for the Smiths. Even bands I despise I get the appeal on why others love 'em but I don't get anything from the Smiths. I find them to be so boring beyond belief. I keep thinking I'm missing something and I re-introduce myself to their music every once in awhile but they just remain bland.
One's enjoyment of The Smiths is directly proportional to the amount of romanticism and angst you can tolerate in pop music. When it comes to The Smiths, I think it's safe to say that their biggest selling point is their lyrics, and Morrissey's lyrics have a rather extreme "sad sack, woe is me, life is miserable, love isn't meant for me" mood to them, so if that mood is a major turn off for you, that may be why it's hard for you to connect with them. As for me, I happen to think Morrissey is one the finest songwriters in all of popular music, and his ability to construct pithy (and oftentimes rather humorous) lyrics that encapsulate the feelings of rejection, lovelessness, and other teenage-esque angst makes him something of a modern day Oscar Wilde in a way. Consider my favorite lyrics of all time, on the song "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out"-

"And in the darkened underpass I thought 'oh God, my chance has come at last!' But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask."

In just 27 words Morrissey has captured an experience that it would have taken anybody else a paragraph or two to describe, a scenario that should be relatable to anyone, you have the object of your affection sitting right next to you, all it will take to make her (or him) yours is to just ask them dammit, and just when you think the perfect moment comes, you start to second guess yourself, the moment slips away, you freeze, and then you hate yourself for it. Or how about this lyric from "How Soon Is Now?"-

"There's a club if you'd like to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you. So you go and you stand on your own. And you leave on your own. And you go home and you cry and you want to die."

Who can't relate to that?

But not only are Morrissey's lyrics concise bursts of angst, there's also a certain level of refinement to them, references to Caligula, Shakespeare, George Eliot, and others abound, making Morrissey easily one of the most literate songwriters in popular music.

But even if you aren't convinced by Morrissey's lyrical prowess, the guitar work of Johnny Marr is almost as strong of an argument in favor of The Smiths. Marr's guitar work is constantly underrated, but the signature sound he pioneered with The Smiths really gives the "jangle" to "jangle pop". One listen to a song like "This Charming Man", with its iconic opening guitar riff, should reinforce how clean and, because there's really no better word to use, "jangly" his guitar work sounds. A listen to "How Soon Is Now?" should demonstrate just how far Marr was willing to take sonic experimentation with his instrument. While the signature guitar sound of "This Charming Man" may have influenced countless bands, there really is nothing out there that sounds quite like the soaring, atmospheric sound of the guitars on "How Soon Is Now?".

I'm not sure if this post will make you a believer in The Smiths. But I do hope that it's helped you gain some insight into why they are such a beloved band. If I could suggest anything, besides actually listening to their music, it would be to read some of the lyrics to their songs. As you're often bored by their music I fear you may be missing out on some of the finest lyrics around.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

And of course, "A Day in the Life" number 1!!!!!!!!! :D I was certain it would be "Like a Rolling Stone", so this is certainly an interesting result!

Thanks for hosting the poll, BleuPanda!!!!
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Awesome job BleuPanda and what a great list. I always learns something when these lists are put together. BTW you guys listen to way too much music. :P ;)
Last edited by bootsy on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

Awesome work done here BleuPanda! Nice to see the highlight (non-single) on arguably the greatest album ever made gets its chance on the spotlight. Especially love its closing minutes. No doubt, the Lennon-McCartney collab's greatest piece. Overall, good job everybody for this list that puts Rolling Stone, Spin, Mojo, NME & others to shame, haha!

P.S. I wonder if there's an icing to this cake like stats on the artists with most songs, albums with the most entries, representation per decade, etc.
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Well played BleuPanda.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Fantastic job BleuPanda! Your efforts are very much appreciated.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would provide us with a spreadsheet that shows the poll results for songs that placed below 1000.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

BleuPanda, thanks for taking the risk of giving yourself a few premature grey hairs by hosting this poll. Congratulations on a good-looking presentation and well-paced, thoroughly entertaining rollout. It was excellent.

I really like our list. And although nobody chose "A Day in the Life" as their #1 song, it somehow feels appropriate that it is our consensus favourite.
...will keep us together.
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

Nick wrote:
I'm not sure if this post will make you a believer in The Smiths. But I do hope that it's helped you gain some insight into why they are such a beloved band. If I could suggest anything, besides actually listening to their music, it would be to read some of the lyrics to their songs. As you're often bored by their music I fear you may be missing out on some of the finest lyrics around.
Thank you Nick, for the descriptive narrative on the Smiths. I shall delve into their lyrics. It took me awhile to get into Love - Forever Changes and now it's a top 10 album for me.
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

Great job BleuPanda!

Out of the top 10 songs I think only 2 made my top 500.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

I didn't intervene but I had a blast following those interesting (and at times, downright astounding) results, and BleuPanda's presentation is no stranger to that. So good job, man :music-rockon:
Otisredding
Keep On Movin'

Post by Otisredding »

It's been an exciting week.

Thanks to BleuPanda.

Presentation published quickly; clear; without errors; precious pictures; spotify playlist ....

Great work serving the best songs ever.
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

Thanks for performing this Herculean task, BP. A lot of the classics that finished high were somewhere in my top 500. For some of the more recent songs I wonder if they will still be popular 20 years from here. I will listen to the songs I didn't know yet.
De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.
Otisredding
Keep On Movin'

Post by Otisredding »

Zombeels wrote:OK, someone help me here. I don't get the love for the Smiths. Even bands I despise I get the appeal on why others love 'em but I don't get anything from the Smiths. I find them to be so boring beyond belief. I keep thinking I'm missing something and I re-introduce myself to their music every once in awhile but they just remain bland.
Nothing happens, Zombeels. To me Radiohead, for example, does not excite me at all. But I do not heal the disease. I simply put a Smiths album (any), and I live, I feel, I cry, I scream, and I dance!
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Thanks a lot for all the great work BleuPanda!

Looking forward to the next edition in... three years.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Congratulations, BleuPanda! Excellent roll-out, excellent choices of pictures and quotes (I did what Nick suggested, first reading the quote and then trying to guess the song), excellent playlist and excellent timing. BleuPanda, what about reviving (after a well-deserved holiday break) the game “Rank the Tracks”? I loved that game, it make me re-listen those albums under a different light.
And congratulations, Nick, for your post about The Smiths, one of the best answers to the "I-don't-get" posts that periodically show-up in the Forum. I wrote myself some of these answers, I remember one about "A Day in the Life" (yes, believe it, our mighty #1) that sadly it's now lost amidst the many files on my computer.
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

Amazing job, BleuPanda! :music-listening:
Do you plan to post the worksheet? It would be interesting to apply a lower value in the rank's position.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

For me the lyrics are part of the Smiths appeal but not the main appeal. It's more the mood expressed by the melody. I don't know if this applies to you, but I think a lot of people don't understand why anybody would be into sad music or dark movies because they prefer art to be exciting and uplifting, and those people have a lot of trouble with bands like The Smiths.

To me A Day In The Life is just one of many good Beatles songs, I don't personally get why it gets singled out as one of their best.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

1001. Andrew W.K. - Party Hard (2001)
1000. Fleet Foxes - Mykonos (2008)
999. The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You (1959)
998. Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (1987)
997. Junior Murvin - Police And Thieves (1976)
996. Squeeze - Up The Junction (1979)
995. Bernard Herrmann - Psycho: Prelude/ The Murder / Finale (1960)
994. The Beatles - Cry Baby Cry (1968)
993. The Flaming Lips - The Spark That Bled (1999)
992. Georges Brassens - La Marine (1953)
991. Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (1991)
990. Pavement - Cut Your Hair (1994)
989. Björk - Unison (2001)
988. The Who - Pinball Wizard (1969)
987. LCD Soundsystem - I Can Change (2010)
986. TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun (2003)
985. Jefferson Starship - Miracles (1975)
984. Weezer - Pink Triangle (1996)
983. The Chills - Pink Frost (1984)
982. UGK - Int'l Player's Anthem (I Choose You) (2007)
981. The Kinks - Shangri-La (1969)
980. Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin' (1966)
979. Fever Ray - I'm Not Done (2009)
978. Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come (1972)
977. Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (1973)
976. Edith Piaf - La vie en rose (1045)
975. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (1999)
974. Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee (1971)
973. Sufjan Stevens - I Want to Be Well (2010)
972. Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (1978)
971. Todd Terje - Inspector Norse (2012)
970. Bob Dylan - It Ain't Me Babe (1964)
969. The Beach Boys - Heroes and Villains (1967)
968. Gorillaz - Dare (2005)
967. Belle & Sebastian - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying (1996)
966. Metronomy - The Bay (2011)
965. Madonna - Like a Virgin (1984)
964. The Beach Boys - I Just Wasn't Made for These Times  (1966)
963. Rachid Taha - Ya Rayah (1993)
962. Jethro Tull - Aqualung (1971)
961. György Ligeti - Requiem (1965)
960. Bob Dylan - Girl from the North Country (1963)
959. The The - This Is The Day (1983)
958. Gary Numan - Cars (1979)
957. Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock (1982)
956. The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice (1972)
955. Stevie Wonder - I Wish (1976)
954. The Smiths - William, It Was Really Nothing (1984)
953. Björk - It's Oh So Quiet (1995)
952. Tubeway Army - Are 'Friends' Electric? (1979)
951. The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds (1990)
950. Ghostface Killah - Shakey Dog (2006)
949. AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie (1977)
948. Missy Elliott - Work It (2002)
947. Nirvana - Polly (1991)
946. Neil Young - Hey Hey My My (Into the Black) (1979)
945. The Prodigy - Firestarter (1996)
944. Manic Street Preachers - A Design for Life (1996)
943. Weezer - Buddy Holly (1994)
942. The Rolling Stones - Miss You (1978)
941. The Band - Whispering Pines (1969)
940. The Cure - Close To Me (1985)
939. ABBA - The Winner Takes It All (1980)
938. The White Stripes - You're Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl) (2000)
937. David Bowie - Young Americans (1975)
936. Nick Cave - Into My Arms (1997)
935. The Killers - All These Things That I Have Done (2004)
934. The Beatles - Paperback Writer (1966)
933. Caribou - Odessa (2010)
932. The Moody Blues - Question (1970)
931. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep (2000)
930. Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-englar (1999)
929. Sister Sledge - Lost in Music (1979)
928. Paul McCartney - Jet (1973)
927. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. (1984)
926. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye (1994)
925. David Bowie - Golden Years (1975)
924. Pearl Jam - Even Flow (1991)
923. John Lennon - Jealous Guy (1971)
922. Sleater-Kinney - Entertain (2005)
921. Mahmoud Ahmed - Ere Mela Mela (1975)
920. Grimes - Genesis (2012)
919. Lou Christie - Paint America Love (1992)
918. Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel the Illinoise! (2005)
917. The Beach Boys - Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)  (1966)
916. Gerry and the Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone (1963)
915. Beck - The Golden Age (2002)
914. The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go (1964)
913. Heart - Crazy on You (1976)
912. Green Day - Basket Case (1994)
911. Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets the Rockers Uptown (1975)
910. Bon Iver - Holocene (2011)
909. Coldplay - Yellow (2000)
908. Elvis Costello - (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes (1977)
907. Rainbow - Since You've Been Gone (1979)
906. XTC - Dear God (1986)
905. The Clash - Safe European Home (1978)
904. Santigold - L.E.S. Artistes (2008)
903. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is the Move (2009)
902. Roxy Music - Virginia Plain (1972)
901. Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - El Matador (1993)
900. Bon Iver - Flume (2007)
899. Earth, Wind & Fire - September (1978)
898. The Beatles - Get Back (1969)
897. Genesis - Supper's Ready (1972)
896. Weezer - Say It Ain't So (1994)
895. Todd Rundgren - I Saw The Light (1972)
894. Peggy Lee - Fever (1958)
893. The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work (1997)
892. Jacques Dutronc - Il est 5 heures Paris s'éveille (1968)
891. Eagles - One Of These Nights (1975)
890. Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings (1995)
889. The White Stripes - The Hardest Button To Button (2003)
888. Jackson C. Frank - I Want To Be Alone (Dialogue) (1965)
887. Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (1971)
886. Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You (2012)
885. The Beatles - We Can Work It Out  (1965)
884. Green Day - When I Come Around (1994)
883. Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (2010)
882. The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (1967)
881. Goran Bregovic - Ederlezi (1998)
880. Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys   - Empire State Of Mind (2009)
879. Eels - Last Stop: This Town  (1998)
878. The Beatles - All You Need Is Love (1967)
877. Jacques Brel - Vesoul (1968)
876. Chuck Berry - Maybellene (1955)
875. R.E.M. - Country Feedback (1991)
874. Carole King - It's Too Late (1971)
873. The Avalanches - Since I Left You (2000)
872. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia (1980)
871. Underworld - Born Slippy (1995)
870. Green Day - Longview (1994)
869. Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1 (1998)
868. The National - Mr. November (2005)
867. The Velvet Underground - Femme Fatale (1966)
866. Dire Straits - Romeo And Juliet (1980)
865. Dinosaur Jr. - Freak Scene (1988)
864. The Clash - Complete Control (1977)
863. The Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane (1988)
862. Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow (1995)
861. Modest Mouse - Float On (2004)
860. Julie London - Cry Me a River (1955)
859. Ritchie Valens - La Bamba (1958)
858. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark (1984)
857. Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype (1988)
856. Elbow - One Day Like This (2008)
855. John Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On) (1970)
854. Cee-Lo Green - Fuck You (2010)
853. Wire - Mannequin (1977)
852. Nick Drake - Three Hours (1969)
851. Kraftwerk - Radioactivity (1975)
850. Nick Drake - Pink Moon (1972)
849. Bruce Springsteen - Tenth Avenue Freeze out (1975)
848. T. Rex - Cosmic Dancer (1971)
847. Led Zeppelin - Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (1969)
846. Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened (2008)
845. Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused (1969)
844. Built to Spill - I Would Hurt A Fly (1997)
843. Don McLean - Vincent (1971)
842. Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley (1955)
841. Steely Dan - Doctor WU (1975)
840. The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers (2002)
839. The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love (1966)
838. Disco Inferno - The Long Dance (1993)
837. George Michael/Wham! - Careless Whisper (1984)
836. Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town (1976)
835. Prince - When You Were Mine (1980)
834. Duffy - Mercy (2008)
833. Charles Mingus - The Shoes Of The Fisherman's Wife Are Some Jive Ass Slippers (1972)
832. Wilson Pickett - In the Midnight Hour (1965)
831. Black Sabbath - Iron Man (1970)
830. Frank Sinatra - I've Got You under My Skin (1956)
829. Madonna - Live to Tell (1986)
828. Built to Spill - Velvet Waltz (1997)
827. Chic - Le Freak (1978)
826. The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee (1966)
825. Modest Mouse - Trailer Trash (1997)
824. Edwin Starr - War (1970)
823. Brian Eno - The Big Ship (1975)
822. Fleetwood Mac - Landslide (1975)
821. Animal Collective - My Girls (2009)
820. Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me (1991)
819. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (1995)
818. Radiohead - Bodysnatchers (2007)
817. Burial - Ashtray Wasp (2012)
816. Portishead - Machine Gun (2008)
815. Neil Young - Down By the River (1969)
814. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love (1985)
813. St. Vincent - Digital Witness (2014)
812. Metallica - Enter Sandman (1991)
811. Rhythim Is Rhythim - Strings of Life (1987)
810. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Ramble Tamble (1970)
809. The Beatles - Eight Days a Week (1964)
808. Bob Dylan - Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands (1966)
807. Heart - These Dreams (1985)
806. Mazzy Star - Fade into You (1993)
805. Kanye West feat. Paul McCartney - Only One (2014)
804. Jeff Buckley - Grace (1994)
803. Cesária Évora - Sodade (1992)
802. The Clash - The Magnificent Seven (1980)
801. Etta James - At Last (1960)
800. Azealia Banks - 212 (2011)
799. alt-J - Breezeblocks (2012)
798. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) (1997)
797. Stevie Wonder - Visions (1973)
796. Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) (1998)
795. David Bowie - Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (1972)
794. Weezer - El Scorcho (1996)
793. Talking Heads - The Great Curve (1980)
792. Sufjan Stevens - Jacksonville (2005)
791. Deep Purple - Highway Star (1972)
790. Miles Davis - Blue In Green (1959)
789. Sergei Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet : The Knights' Dance (Montagues and Capulets) (1935)
788. The Alan Parsons Project - Old and Wise (1982)
787. Cream - White Room (1968)
786. Gavin Bryars - Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet (1975)
785. Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly with His Song (1973)
784. Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp (2003)
783. The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun (1968)
782. T. Rex - Bang a Gong (Get It On) (1971)
781. Low - Nothing But Heart (2011)
780. Patti Smith - Because the Night (1978)
779. Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (1960)
778. Herbie Hancock - Chameleon (1973)
777. MGMT - Electric Feel (2007)
776. Joy Division - Decades (1980)
775. The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (1969)
774. Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town (1978)
773. Kanye West - Gold Digger (2005)
772. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer (1986)
771. Public Enemy - Rebel Without a Pause (1987)
770. Paul Simon - Graceland (1986)
769. Radiohead - Just (1995)
768. Paco de Lucia - Entre dos aguas (1973)
767. Queen - We Will Rock You (1977)
766. Paul McCartney - Band on the Run (1973)
765. Ray Charles - Georgia on My Mind (1960)
764. David Bowie - Five Years (1972)
763. Desmond Dekker - Israelites (1968)
762. Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (1977)
761. Laurie Anderson - O Superman (1981)
760. Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film) (1996)
759. Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes (1972)
758. Public Enemy - Bring the Noise (1987)
757. The Rolling Stones - Moonlight Mile (1971)
756. The Who - Substitute (1966)
755. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven (1992)
754. The Who - I Can't Explain (1965)
753. Michael Andrews and Gary Jules - Mad World (2001)
752. The Shins - New Slang (2001)
751. The Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (1966)
750. Faithless - Insomnia (1995)
749. Sigur Rós - (Untitled 8) (2002)
748. Britney Spears - Toxic (2003)
747. Queen - We are the Champions (1977)
746. TLC - Waterfalls (1994)
745. Elvis Costello - I Want You (1986)
744. Louis Armstrong - St. James Infirmary (1928)
743. Joni Mitchell - Free Man In Paris (1974)
742. The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love (1965)
741. Of Montreal - The Past Is A Grotesque Animal (2007)
740. Yes - Roundabout (1971)
739. Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (1957)
738. Nirvana - Dumb (1993)
737. Bat For Lashes - Daniel (2009)
736. King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King (1969)
735. Gang of Four - Damaged Goods (1978)
734. Roxy Music - If There Is Something (1972)
733. Slint - Good Morning, Captain (1991)
732. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B (1966)
731. The Replacements - Unsatisfied (1984)
730. Talking Heads - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (1980)
729. R.E.M. - So. Central Rain (1984)
728. Television - See No Evil (1977)
727. The Beatles - Blackbird (1968)
726. Phil Collins - Against All Odds (1984)
725. Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) (1971)
724. Focus - Hocus Pocus (1971)
723. The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight (1979)
722. U2 - New Year's Day (1983)
721. Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock (1993)
720. R. Kelly - Ignition (Remix) (2003)
719. Fatboy Slim - Praise You (1998)
718. Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (1963)
717. The Monkees - I'm a Believer (1966)
716. Pretenders - Brass in Pocket (1979)
715. Van Morrison - And It Stoned Me (1970)
714. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (1977)
713. Little Richard - Good Golly Miss Molly (1958)
712. Kanye West - Hold My Liquor  (2013)
711. Love - You Set The Scene (1967)
710. Pixies - Gouge Away (1989)
709. Tame Impala - Elephant (2012)
708. Brian Eno - Golden Hours (1975)
707. Van Halen - Jump (1983)
706. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand (1994)
705. The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health (2006)
704. Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore (1971)
703. ? & The Mysterians - 96 Tears (1966)
702. Björk - Human Behaviour (1993)
701. Björk - All Is Full of Love (1997)
700. Erik Satie - Gymnopédie n1 (1888)
699. The Walkmen - The Rat (2004)
698. Bob Dylan - Shelter from the Storm (1975)
697. Prince - I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man (1987)
696. The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up (1981)
695. AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long (1980)
694. a-ha - Take On Me (1984)
693. LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrself Clean (2010)
692. ABBA - Waterloo (1974)
691. Tom Petty - Free Fallin' (1989)
690. Kanye West - Through the Wire (2003)
689. Tom Waits - Time (1985)
688. Kanye West - Black Skinhead (2013)
687. My Bloody Valentine - To Here Knows When (1991)
686. Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (1971)
685. Primal Scream - Loaded (1990)
684. Björk - Army of Me (1995)
683. Julee Cruise - Falling (1989)
682. blur - Girls and Boys (1994)
681. Serge Gainsbourg - Bonnie and Clyde (1968)
680. XTC - Making Plans for Nigel (1979)
679. Björk - Hunter (1997)
678. The Stooges - 1970 (1970)
677. Tom Jobin & Elis Regina - Águas de Março (1974)
676. Au Pairs - Headache for Michelle (1981)
675. The Beatles - Hello Goodbye (1967)
674. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (1969)
673. 2Pac (featuring Dr. Dre) - California Love (1995)
672. The Zombies - Brief Candles (1967)
671. Michael Jackson - Human Nature (1982)
670. Elvis Presley - That's All Right (1954)
669. Radiohead - There, There (2003)
668. The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City (1966)
667. Anaïs Mitchell - Why We Build The Wall (2010)
666. Little Richard - Long Tall Sally (1956)
665. Robert Wyatt - Little Red Riding Hood Hit The Road (1982)
664. Roxy Music - Editions Of You (1973)
663. Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) (1965)
662. Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (2001)
661. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time (1998)
660. Fugazi - Waiting Room (1988)
659. Nirvana - About A Girl (1989)
658. Janis Ian - At Seventeen (1975)
657. Motorhead - Ace of Spades (1980)
656. The White Stripes - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (2001)
655. John Lennon - Working Class Hero (1970)
654. Chic - Good Times (1979)
653. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)
652. David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (1973)
651. Curtis Mayfield - Right On for the Darkness (1973)
650. Primal Scream - Movin' On Up (1991)
649. Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love (1961)
648. Benjamin Biolay - Brandt Rhapsody (2009)
647. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (1986)
646. New Radicals - You Get What You Give (1998)
645. Serge Gainsbourg - Cargo Culte (1971)
644. Brian Eno - St. Elmo's Fire (1975)
643. Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror (1987)
642. Kanye West - New Slaves (2013)
641. Althea and Donna - Uptown Top Ranking (1977)
640. The Coral - Dreaming of You (2002)
639. Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky (1973)
638. Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years (1972)
637. Dionne Warwick - Walk On By (1964)
636. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting (1985)
635. The Flaming Lips - Fight Test (2002)
634. Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (1981)
633. The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton (1979)
632. Interpol - Obstacle 1 (2002)
631. Sam Cooke - Wonderful World (1960)
630. Roy Orbison - Crying (1961)
629. Perfume Genius - Queen (2014)
628. Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun (1983)
627. Black Sabbath - War Pigs (1970)
626. Aretha Franklin - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (1967)
625. Radiohead - 15 Step (2007)
624. blur - Parklife (1994)
623. Aretha Franklin - Think (1968)
622. Pink Floyd - See Emily Play (1967)
621. Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger (1995)
620. Os Mutantes - Panis et Circencis (1968)
619. The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women (1969)
618. Ramones - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker (1977)
617. Nico - These Days (1967)
616. R.E.M. - Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars) (1983)
615. R.E.M. - World Leader Pretend (1988)
614. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (1987)
613. Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat (1971)
612. The Sugarcubes - Birthday (1987)
611. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (2006)
610. Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (1982)
609. Nat "King" Cole - Nature Boy (1947)
608. Bob Dylan - I Want You (1966)
607. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill (1977)
606. The Cure - Pictures of You (1989)
605. Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely (2000)
604. Nick Drake - River Man (1969)
603. Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing (1967)
602. The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York (1987)
601. The Rolling Stones - Angie (1973)
600. The Velvet Underground - Rock and Roll (1970)
599. R.E.M. - The One I Love (1987)
598. Grimes - Realiti (2015)
597. Boards of Canada - Roygbiv (1996)
596. Free - All Right Now (1970)
595. Phoenix - 1901 (2009)
594. Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm (1993)
593. Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll (1971)
592. Nas - N.Y. State of Mind (1994)
591. Buddy Holly & The Crickets - Peggy Sue (1957)
590. Bruce Springsteen - Backstreets (1975)
589. The Strokes - Hard To Explain (2001)
588. Tom Waits - Jockey Full Of Bourbon (1985)
587. Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (1968)
586. Supertramp - The Logical Song (1979)
585. The Beatles - Rain (1966)
584. Lady Lamb The Beekeeper - Bird Balloons (2013)
583. Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper (1976)
582. David Axelrod - The Human Abstract (1969)
581. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (1986)
580. Beck - Where It's At (1996)
579. James Brown - It's a Man's Man's Man's World (1966)
578. Can - Halleluhwah (1971)
577. Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares for Me (1958)
576. Rihanna - Umbrella (2007)
575. Van Morrison - Madame George (1968)
574. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows (2002)
573. Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl (1969)
572. TV On the Radio - DLZ (2008)
571. Neil Young - Cortez The Killer (1975)
570. Elvis Costello - Watching the Detectives (1977)
569. Joy Division - Atmosphere (1980)
568. Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough for The Both of Us (1974)
567. Joanna Newsom - Good Intentions Paving Company (2010)
566. The Replacements - I Will Dare (1984)
565. Eels - Novocaine for the Soul (1996)
564. Townes Van Zandt - Pancho & Lefty (1972)
563. Stevie Wonder - As (1976)
562. Billy Bragg - A New England (1983)
561. Massive Attack - Angel (1998)
560. Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name (1992)
559. The National - England (2010)
558. Bloc Party - Banquet (2004)
557. Joni Mitchell - A Case of You (1971)
556. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (1998)
555. the Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored (1989)
554. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks (1968)
553. The Police - Message in a Bottle (1979)
552. The Black Keys - Lonely Boy (2011)
551. R.E.M. - Gardening At Night (1983)
550. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey (1985)
549. Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell On You (1956)
548. Elliott Smith - Between the Bars (1997)
547. U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love) (1984)
546. Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up (1973)
545. The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money/Abbey Road Medley (1969)
544. Kraftwerk - Autobahn (1974)
543. David Bowie - Rebel Rebel (1974)
542. Björk - Isobel (1995)
541. Elvis Costello - Beyond Belief (1982)
540. Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin' (1964)
539. The Rolling Stones - Rocks Off (1972)
538. Madonna - Ray of Light (1998)
537. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - The Tears of a Clown (1967)
536. The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?? (2002)
535. The Beatles - Dear Prudence (1968)
534. The Smiths - The Boy with the Thorn in His Side (1985)
533. Kanye West - Jesus Walks (2004)
532. Kraftwerk - Computer Love (1981)
531. Prince - Let's Go Crazy (1984)
530. Frank Sinatra - In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning  (1955)
529. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor (2005)
528. Amy Winehouse - Rehab (2006)
527. Simon & Garfunkel - The Only Living Boy in New York (1970)
526. Rod Stewart - Maggie May (1971)
525. Nine Inch Nails - Closer (1994)
524. Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walking (1965)
523. Pixies - Wave of Mutilation (1989)
522. The Modern Lovers - Roadrunner (1975)
521. Nirvana - In Bloom (1991)
520. Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank (1998)
519. Neil Young - The Needle and the Damage Done (1972)
518. Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built (2012)
517. Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army (1979)
516. Annie - Heartbeat (2004)
515. The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five (1959)
514. Arvo Pärt - Cantus In Memory of Benjamin Britten (1984)
513. Lou Reed - Satellite of Love (1972)
512. Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (2002)
511. The Kinks - Lola (1970)
510. David Bowie - Sound and Vision (1977)
509. Neu! - Hallogallo (1972)
508. Steely Dan - Deacon Blues (1977)
507. Arcade Fire - Intervention (2006)
506. Prince - Raspberry Beret (1985)
505. The Beatles - For No One (1966)
504. Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman (1964)
503. The Cure - Boys Don't Cry (1979)
502. Foo Fighters - Everlong (1997)
501. Portishead - Sour Times (1994)
500. Boston - More Than a Feeling (1976)
499. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (1994)
498. Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener (2013)
497. Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure (1981)
496. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (1979)
495. My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow (1991)
494. Them - Gloria (1964)
493. Pavement - Gold Soundz (1994)
492. The Beatles - And Your Bird Can Sing (1966)
491. Bob Dylan - Mr. Tambourine Man (1965)
490. Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke (1976)
489. Kanye West - All of the Lights (2010)
488. James Taylor - Fire and Rain (1970)
487. Portishead - Glory Box (1994)
486. Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World (1985)
485. The Zombies - She's Not There (1964)
484. Alain Bashung - La Nuit je mens (1998)
483. Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You (1970)
482. The Zombies - Care of Cell 44 (1967)
481. Portishead - Roads (1994)
480. Jacques Brel - Ne me quitte pas (1959)
479. Brian Eno - By This River (1977)
478. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (1998)
477. Joanna Newsom - Emily (2006)
476. The Roots - The Seed (2.0) (2002)
475. Gil Scott-Heron - Home Is Where the Hatred Is (1971)
474. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen the Rain (1970)
473. R.E.M. - Drive (1992)
472. The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar (1971)
471. DJ Shadow - Building Steam with a Grain of Salt (1996)
470. The Beatles - Nowhere Man (1965)
469. Aretha Franklin - Chain of Fools (1967)
468. The Everly Brothers - All I Have to Do is Dream (1958)
467. Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire (1963)
466. Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (2007)
465. Buena Vista Social Club - Chan Chan (1997)
464. The National - Afraid of Everyone (2010)
463. Arcade Fire - Afterlife (2013)
462. Pink Floyd - Money (1973)
461. Kendrick Lamar - Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe (2012)
460. Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (1967)
459. King Crimson - Starless (1974)
458. Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People (1968)
457. Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (1971)
456. Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon (1984)
455. Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) (2010)
454. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me (1991)
453. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (1989)
452. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (1977)
451. The Police - Roxanne (1978)
450. Aerosmith - Dream On (1973)
449. Björk - Pagan Poetry (2001)
448. Bob Dylan - Visions Of Johanna (1966)
447. Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express (1977)
446. Deee-Lite   - Groove Is In The Heart (1990)
445. Aretha Franklin - I Say a Little Prayer (1968)
444. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle (1986)
443. Tom Waits - Downtown Train (1985)
442. Talking Heads - Burning Down the House (1983)
441. Daft Punk - Da Funk (1995)
440. Van Morrison - Into the Mystic (1970)
439. U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name (1987)
438. Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill (1956)
437. The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection (1989)
436. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (1997)
435. Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (1969)
434. Pixies - Hey (1989)
433. Bruce Springsteen - The River (1980)
432. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues (1955)
431. Run-D.M.C. & Aerosmith - Walk This Way (1986)
430. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (1956)
429. Don McLean - American Pie (1971)
428. Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep - Mountain High (1966)
427. Pavement - Fillmore Jive (1994)
426. Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (1977)
425. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (1989)
424. The Turtles - Happy Together (1967)
423. The Clash - (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais (1978)
422. Otis Redding - Try a Little Tenderness (1966)
421. Deep Purple - Child in Time (1970)
420. Bob Dylan - Ballad of a Thin Man (1965)
419. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See A Darkness (1999)
418. The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man (1968)
417. Wire - Outdoor Miner (1978)
416. The Cranberries - Zombie (1994)
415. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (2003)
414. The Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes (1969)
413. The Notorious B.I.G.  - Juicy (1994)
412. Judy Garland - Over the Rainbow (1939)
411. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues (1958)
410. Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg - Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang (1992)
409. Blondie - Atomic (1979)
408. Blondie - Call Me (1980)
407. Bill Haley & His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock (1954)
406. Guns N' Roses - November Rain (1991)
405. Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young) - Ohio (1970)
404. Madonna - Into the Groove (1985)
403. New Order - True Faith (1987)
402. Neil Young - Rockin' in the Free World (1989)
401. Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall (1963)
400. Chico Buarque - Construção (1971)
399. Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild (1968)
398. Burial - Archangel (2007)
397. Pharoah Sanders - The Creator Has A Master Plan (1969)
396. Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground (1973)
395. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head (2001)
394. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (1957)
393. The Breeders - Cannonball (1993)
392. Neil Young - Southern Man (1970)
391. R.E.M. - It's the End of the World As We Know It (1987)
390. The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio (2010)
389. Billy Joel - Piano Man (1973)
388. The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin (1967)
387. The Beatles - Ticket to Ride (1965)
386. Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind (1963)
385. The Beatles - She Loves You (1963)
384. Kanye West - Lost in the World (2010)
383. The Doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side) (1967)
382. Radiohead - Everything in Its Right Place (2000)
381. The Knife - Silent Shout (2006)
380. Bruce Springsteen - Badlands (1978)
379. R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (1992)
378. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love (1967)
377. Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood (2001)
376. The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow (1960)
375. Neil Young - Like a Hurricane (1977)
374. The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again (1986)
373. New Order - Temptation (1982)
372. Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman (1966)
371. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (1975)
370. Elton John - Tiny Dancer (1971)
369. Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (1972)
368. John Coltrane - Acknowledgement (1965)
367. Pearl Jam - Jeremy (1991)
366. Daft Punk - Around the World (1997)
365. Portishead - The Rip (2008)
364. OutKast - Ms. Jackson (2000)
363. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (1978)
362. Daft Punk - Digital Love (2001)
361. James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) (1965)
360. Big Star - Thirteen (1972)
359. PJ Harvey - The Words That Maketh Murder (2011)
358. The National - Fake Empire (2007)
357. The Cure - Lovesong (1989)
356. Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day (2005)
355. Don Henley - The Boys of Summer (1984)
354. The Killers - Mr. Brightside (2004)
353. Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema (1964)
352. Radiohead - Pyramid Song (2001)
351. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (1983)
350. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (1965)
349. John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (1961)
348. The Flaming Lips - Race For The Prize (1999)
347. Prince - Little Red Corvette (1982)
346. Bob Dylan - Desolation Row (1965)
345. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock (1957)
344. Coldplay - Clocks (2002)
343. The Cure - A Forest (1980)
342. Joni Mitchell - River (1971)
341. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing (1982)
340. Pearl Jam - Alive (1991)
339. Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World (1967)
338. Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On (2001)
337. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine (1971)
336. MGMT - Kids (2007)
335. The Clash - Train in Vain (Stand by Me) (1979)
334. Beyonce feat. Jay-Z - Crazy In Love (2003)
333. Nirvana - Lithium (1991)
332. Aerosmith - Walk This Way (1975)
331. R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe (1981)
330. Radiohead - Let Down (1997)
329. Bob Dylan - It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (1965)
328. Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (1983)
327. David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes (1980)
326. The Beatles - Across the Universe (1969)
325. The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man (1965)
324. Van Morrison - Moondance (1970)
323. Tom Waits - Tom Traubert's Blues (1976)
322. Eminem feat. Dido - Stan (2000)
321. The Human League - Don't You Want Me (1981)
320. Cream - Sunshine of Your Love (1967)
319. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (1969)
318. The Beatles - Golden Slumbers /Carrry That Weight/The End (1969)
317. Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1970)
316. Radiohead - Reckoner (2007)
315. Love - Alone Again Or (1967)
314. Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Theme de Yoyo (1970)
313. The Beta Band - Dry The Rain (1997)
312. Charles Mingus - Modes D, E, And F - Trio and Group Dancers (1963)
311. Pavement - Summer Babe (1991)
310. Buddy Holly & The Crickets - That'll Be the Day (1957)
309. Prince - 1999 (1982)
308. Robyn - Dancing on My Own (2010)
307. The La's - There She Goes (1988)
306. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (2009)
305. The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet (1978)
304. Kraftwerk - The Model (1978)
303. Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982)
302. James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (1965)
301. Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945 (1998)
300. Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind (1975)
299. The Beatles - Revolution (1968)
298. My Bloody Valentine - Soon (1990)
297. Björk - Hyper-Ballad (1995)
296. Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 (1979)
295. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (1974)
294. Booker T. & the M.G.'s - Green Onions (1962)
293. Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box (1993)
292. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (1970)
291. U2 - With or Without You (1987)
290. Hercules and Love Affairs - Blind (2008)
289. Antony and the Johnsons - Hope There's Someone (2005)
288. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (1973)
287. Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget about Me) (1985)
286. Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland (1975)
285. Dolly Parton - Jolene (1973)
284. Adele - Rolling in the Deep (2010)
283. Elton John - Rocket Man (1972)
282. The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night (1964)
281. Wilco - Jesus, Etc (2002)
280. Kanye West - Monster (2010)
279. Björk - Joga (1997)
278. Big Star - September Gurls (1974)
277. Janelle Monae - Cold War (2010)
276. Soft Cell - Tainted Love (1981)
275. Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella (2007)
274. The Beatles - I am the Walrus (1967)
273. Radiohead - Idioteque (2000)
272. Pink Floyd - Time (1973)
271. Nick Cave - The Mercy Seat (1988)
270. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (2013)
269. Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman (1968)
268. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (1983)
267. The Kingsmen - Louie Louie (1963)
266. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream (1972)
265. David Bowie - Suffragette City (1972)
264. R.E.M. - Nightswimming (1992)
263. Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (1979)
262. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out) (1995)
261. The Jam - That's Entertainment (1980)
260. George Harrison - My Sweet Lord (1970)
259. Bee Gees - How Deep is Your Love (1977)
258. Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street (1972)
257. Madonna - Like a Prayer (1989)
256. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash (1968)
255. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (1972)
254. The Beach Boys - I Get Around (1964)
253. LCD Soundsystem - Losing My Edge (2002)
251. PJ Harvey - Down by the Water (1995)
250. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer (1977)
249. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've) (1978)
248. Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding (1978)
247. The Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane (1970)
246. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (1982)
245. The Cars - Just What I Needed (1978)
244. Jay-Z - 99 Problems (2003)
243. The Byrds - Eight Miles High (1966)
242. King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man (1969)
241. Blondie - Heart of Glass (1978)
240. The Stooges - I Wanna Be You Dog (1969)
239. MGMT - Time to Pretend (2007)
238. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car (1988)
237. The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (1964)
236. The Who - Behind Blue Eyes (1971)
235. The Strokes - Last Nite (2001)
234. The Zombies - Time of the Season (1968)
233. The Zombies - Hung Up On A Dream (1968)
232. Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe (1966)
231. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (1966)
230. The Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby (1964)
229. Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight (1995)
228. The Velvet Underground - Venus in Furs (1967)
227. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (1985)
226. Little Richard - Tutti Frutti (1955)
225. Kanye West - Power (2010)
224. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (1971)
223. The Doors - The End (1967)
222. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (1977)
221. Elliott Smith - Waltz #2 (XO) (1998)
220. Ennio Morricone - The Ecstasy of Gold (1966)
219. The B-52's - Rock Lobster (1978)
218. Prince - Sign 'O' The Times (1987)
217. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (1976)
216. Miles Davis - So What (1959)
215. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence (1990)
214. Michael Jackson - Beat It (1982)
213. The Undertones - Teenage Kicks (1978)
212. The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses (1971)
211. The Velvet Underground - All Tomorrow's Parties (1966)
210. Radiohead - The National Anthem (2000)
209. The Doors - Riders on the Storm (1971)
208. The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting For the Man (1967)
207. Pink Floyd - Echoes (1971)
206. The Cure - Lullaby (1989)
205. Dusty Springfield - Son-of-a Preacher Man (1968)
204. The Beatles - Something (1969)
203. Jimmy Cliff - Many Rivers to Cross (1969)
202. blur - Song 2 (1997)
201. The Jam - Going Underground (1980)
200. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. (2005)
199. Eminem - Lose Yourself (2002)
198. Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) (2004)
252. U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (1987)
197. Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (2008)
196. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (1983)
195. Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck (1993)
194. The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone (1972)
193. The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year (1968)
192. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary (1969)
191. The Beach Boys - Surf's Up (1971)
190. Nina Simone - Sinnerman (1965)
189. Nirvana - Come As You Are (1991)
188. Dick Dale - Misirlou (1962)
187. Bruce Springsteen - Atlantic City (1982)
186. Bob Marley - Redemption Song (1980)
185. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen (1977)
184. The Police - Every Breath You Take (1983)
183. The Stooges - Search And Destroy (1973)
182. Del Shannon - Runaway (1961)
181. The Cure - Just Like Heaven (1987)
180. David Bowie - Starman (1972)
179. Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien (1960)
178. The Stone Roses - Fools Gold (1989)
177. Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line (1956)
176. Massive Attack - Teardrop (1998)
175. Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing in the Street (1964)
174. The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice (1966)
173. Janelle Monae - Tightrope (2010)
172. Simon & Garfunkel - America (1968)
171. Serge Gainsbourg - Je t'aime, moi non plus (1969)
170. Sinéad O' Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U (1987)
169. Bob Dylan - Hurricane (1975)
168. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (1999)
167. The White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl (2001)
166. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (1977)
165. The Temptations - My Girl (1964)
164. David Bowie - Changes (1971)
163. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great (2007)
162. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (1970)
161. ABBA - Dancing Queen (1976)
160. The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun (1969)
159. TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me (2006)
158. Radiohead - Creep (1992)
157. Grimes - Oblivion (2012)
156. Patsy Cline - Crazy (1961)
155. The Specials - Ghost Town (1981)
154. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir (1975)
153. Sly & the Family Stone - Family Affair (1973)
152. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy, Jr. (2005)
151. Oasis - Live Forever (1994)
150. Elvis Costello - Alison (1977)
149. Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale (1967)
148. Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds (1969)
147. The Beatles - Come Together (1969)
146. Patti Smith - Gloria (1975)
145. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze (1967)
144. The Beatles - Help! (1965)
143. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) (1965)
142. Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (1968)
141. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (1995)
140. James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine (1970)
139. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees (1995)
138. The Beatles - While my Guitar Gently Weeps (1968)
137. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - The Tracks of My Tears (1965)
136. Fela Kuti - Zombie (1976)
135. Ray Charles - What'd I Say (1959)
134. The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning (1966)
133. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (1989)
132. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now? (1984)
131. Daft Punk - One More Time (2000)
130. Nirvana - All Apologies (1993)
129. Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot (1988)
128. Björk - Bachelorette (1997)
127. Lana Del Rey - Video Games (2011)
126. Radiohead - No Surprises (1997)
125. Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel (1956)
124. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (1967)
123. Lou Reed - Perfect Day (1972)
122. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1969)
121. Jacques Brel - Amsterdam (1964)
120. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (1991)
119. Roy Orbison - In Dreams (1963)
118. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky (2013)
117. Robert Wyatt - Sea Song (1974)
116. The Smiths - This Charming Man (1983)
115. Neil Young - Heart of Gold (1972)
114. Four Tops - Reach Out (I'll Be There) (1966)
113. The Knife - Heartbeats (2002)
112. Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry (1974)
111. Leonard Cohen - Suzanne (1967)
110. Frank Ocean - Pyramids (2012)
109. Beastie Boys - Sabotage (1994)
108. Public Enemy - Fight the Power (1989)
107. The Band - The Weight (1968)
106. Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven (1989)
105. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (1967)
104. Elton John - Your Song (1970)
103. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (2004)
102. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (1978)
101. Kanye West - Runaway (2010)
100. The Beatles - In my Life (1965)
99. Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer (1969)
98. Iggy Pop - The Passenger (1977)
97. The Beatles - I Want to Hold Your Hand (1963)
96. U2 - One (1991)
95. Ben E. King - Stand By Me (1961)
94. M83 - Midnight City (2011)
93. The Beatles - Penny Lane (1967)
92. Pixies - Where Is My Mind? (1988)
91. Prince - Kiss (1986)
90. Stevie Wonder - Living for the City (1973)
89. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (1976)
88. Beck - Loser (1993)
87. Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues (1965)
86. The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (1969)
85. The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist (2000)
84. Prince - Purple Rain (1984)
83. The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin' (1965)
82. The Kinks - You Really Got Me (1964)
81. Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five - The Message (1982)
80. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (1983)
79. Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the U.K. (1976)
78. Johnny Cash - Hurt (2002)
77. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1973)
76. Television - Marquee Moon (1977)
75. The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (1966)
74. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (1991)
73. Oasis - Wonderwall (1995)
72. Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (1987)
71. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (1966)
70. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago (2005)
69. The Beatles - Let it Be (1970)
68. The Beatles - Yesterday (1965)
67. Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies) (2004)
66. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (1975)
65. Al Green - Let's Stay Together (1971)
64. Pixies - Debaser (1989)
63. The Who - My Generation (1965)
62. Arcade Fire - Wake Up (2004)
61. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows (1966)
60. The Doors - Light My Fire (1967)
59. The Velvet Underground - Heroin (1967)
58. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (1971)
57. The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun (1964)
56. New Order - Blue Monday (1983)
55. John Lennon - Imagine (1971)
54. David Bowie - Space Oddity (1969)
53. Radiohead - Karma Police (1997)
52. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (2006)
51. Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side (1972)
50. Aretha Franklin - Respect (1967)
49. The Beatles - Hey Jude (1968)
48. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue (1975)
47. Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence (1965)
46. M.I.A. - Paper Planes (2007)
45. Pulp - Common People (1995)
44. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971)
43. Eagles - Hotel California (1976)
42. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (1994)
41. Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit (1939)
40. The Who - Baba O'Riley (1971)
39. The Smiths - There is a Light that Never goes Out (1986)
38. Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (1978)
37. David Bowie - Life on Mars? (1971)
36. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine (1968)
35. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road (1975)
34. Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water (1970)
33. Derek and the Dominos - Layla (1970)
32. The Ronettes - Be my Baby (1963)
31. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (1997)
30. Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come (1964)
29. Outkast - B.O.B. (2000)
28. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime (1980)
27. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (2003)
26. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (1991)
25. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1958)
24. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)
23. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (1965)
22. Stevie Wonder - Superstition (1972)
21. David Bowie - "Heroes" (1977)
20. Prince - When Doves Cry (1984)
19. OutKast - Hey Ya! (2003)
18. LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends (2007)
17. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (1966)
16. The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset (1967)
15. Radiohead - Paranoid Android (1997)
14. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower (1968)
13. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever (1967)
12. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (1980)
11. The Clash - London Calling (1979)
10. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1982)
9. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil (1968)
8. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
7. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1969)
6. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (1971)
5. Otis Redding - (Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay (1968)
4. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (1975)
3. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966)
2. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (1965)
1. The Beatles - A Day in the Life (1967)
Last edited by BleuPanda on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Next, here is the list with 'regular users,' which I think I made by removing people with less than 25 posts on the forum. The main point of this is to not exclude newbies and lurkers but rather explore what I feel the main point of a survey like this is, to see what our community has discovered throughout our years of actively discussing music together. The number to the right is how much they moved compared to the actual list. 45 user's votes were counted for this list.

One thing I like about this list is that more modern songs are allowed a bit more room in the higher ranks. This list has 4 2000s song in the top 25 compared to only 2 in the real list, including "All My Friends" climbing up six spots to #12 (I believe only one of the removed lists voted for "All My Friends"). Also, Frank Ocean's "Pyramids" becomes our new favorite of the 2010s.

Also note that Courtney Barnett's "Pedestrian at Best" ended at #1001 for this list, meaning my highest miss still ended up missing the list by an inch.

1001. Neutral Milk Hotel - Two-Headed Boy (new)
1000. Tantra - The Hills Of Katmandu (new)
999. Foxygen - How Can You Really (new)
998. Air - La Femme d'Argent (new)
997. X-Ray Spex - Oh Bondage, Up Yours! (new)
996. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Long as I Can See the Light (new)
995. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia (-123)
994. Robert Johnson - Hellhound on My Trail (new)
993. Compay Segundo - Yo Vengo Aqui (new)
992. Leonard Cohen - So Long, Marianne (new)
991. Miles Davis - Blue In Green (-201)
990. Neil Young - I Believe In You (new)
989. The Four Seasons - Walk Like a Man (new)
988. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (-341)
987. Madonna - Like a Virgin (-22)
986. Igor Stravinsky - Le sacre du printemps: Tableau II, Le sacrifice (new)
985. Oasis - Champagne Supernova (new)
984. Mazzy Star - Fade into You (-178)
983. The Beatles - Twist and Shout  (new)
982. Sleigh Bells - Rill Rill (new)
981. My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise (new)
980. Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused (-135)
979. Spoon - Do You (new)
978. Ennio Morricone - Once Upon A Time In The West (new)
977. Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Deaf (new)
976. The Beach Boys - Heroes and Villains (-7)
975. R.E.M. - Country Feedback (-100)
974. Kavinsky - Nightcall (new)
973. Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius  (new)
972. Gary Numan - Cars (-14)
971. Todd Rundgren - Couldn't I Just Tell You (new)
970. Steely Dan - Deacon Blues (-462)
969. The Beatles - Here There and Everywhere (new)
968. Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump (new)
967. Camarón de la Isla - La Leyenda del tiempo (new)
966. Bat for Lashes - Laura (new)
965. The Stooges - Gimme Danger (new)
964. Green Day - When I Come Around (-80)
963. Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (new)
962. The Gun Club - She's Like Heroin To Me (new)
961. The National - Ada (new)
960. John Coltrane - Ascension (new)
959. Sly & the Family Stone - Stand!  (new)
958. The Modern Lovers - Hospital (new)
957. De La Soul - Eye Know (new)
956. The Rolling Stones - Happy (new)
955. Bruce Springsteen - Adam Raised a Cain (new)
954. The Beatles - Lady Madonna (new)
953. Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidananda (new)
952. The Smiths - I Know It's Over  (new)
951. Bruce Springsteen - Spirit In The Night (new)
950. Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You (new)
949. Krzysztof Penderecki - Threnody for The Victims of Hiroshima (new)
948. The Cure - Close To Me (-8)
947. Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (new)
946. Frank Zappa - Willie The Pimp (new)
945. Kraftwerk - Pocket Calculator (new)
944. Nirvana - About A Girl (-285)
943. Georges Brassens - Je me suis fait tout p'tit (new)
942. IAM - Demain c'est Loin (new)
941. Paul McCartney - Jet (-13)
940. The Who - I Can't Explain (-186)
939. The Rolling Stones - Miss You (3)
938. Pretenders - Brass in Pocket (-222)
937. Klaus Schulze - Ludwig II Von Bayern (new)
936. The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats (new)
935. Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town (-99)
934. Autre Ne Veut - Play By Play (new)
933. Electric Light Orchestra - Livin' Thing (new)
932. George Michael/Wham! - Careless Whisper (-95)
931. Radiohead - 15 Step (-306)
930. Colosseum - Valentyne Suite (new)
929. Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) (-133)
928. Vampire Weekend - Hannah Hunt (new)
927. Disclosure (featuring AlunaGeorge) - White Noise (new)
926. Trio Matamoros - Lágrimas Negras (new)
925. Yann Tiersen - La valse des monstres (new)
924. Radiohead - My Iron Lung (new)
923. Beck - Where It's At (-343)
922. Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair) (new)
921. Bob Dylan - All Along The Watchtower (new)
920. The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking (new)
919. Sade - No Ordinary Love (new)
918. Earth, Wind & Fire - September (-19)
917. U2 - Mysterious Ways (new)
916. TLC - Waterfalls (-170)
915. Stereolab - French Disko (new)
914. Crystal Castles feat. Robert Smith - Not in Love (new)
913. The Beatles - We Can Work It Out  (-28)
912. Wilco - Impossible Germany (new)
911. The Pogues - The Band Played Waltzing Mathilda (new)
910. Elbow - One Day Like This (-54)
909. Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (new)
908. Tricky - Black Steel (new)
907. Patti Smith - Land (new)
906. Tori Amos - Silent All These Years (new)
905. Prince - Controversy (new)
904. Funkadelic - Flash Light (new)
903. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (-407)
902. Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (-240)
901. Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly with His Song (-116)
900. Future Islands - Seasons (Waiting on You) (new)
899. Kanye West - Jesus Walks (-366)
898. Hüsker Dü - Pink Turns To Blue (new)
897. The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays (new)
896. Metallica - Master of Puppets (new)
895. Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes (-136)
894. Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes (new)
893. Ann Peebles - I'm Gonna Tear Your Plahouse Down (new)
892. The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By (new)
891. Claude Debussy - Clair de Lune (new)
890. Mulatu Astatké - Yèkèrmo sèw (new)
889. Joni Mitchell - All I Want (new)
888. The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work (5)
887. Blondie - Rapture (new)
886. The Who - We're Not Gonna Take It (live in Woodstock) (new)
885. Andrew W.K. - Party Hard (116)
884. Fleet Foxes - Mykonos (116)
883. Junior Murvin - Police And Thieves (114)
882. Bernard Herrmann - Psycho: Prelude/ The Murder / Finale (113)
881. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) (-83)
880. Georges Brassens - La Marine (112)
879. Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (112)
878. Ritchie Valens - La Bamba (-19)
877. Pavement - Cut Your Hair (113)
876. Björk - Unison (113)
875. The Who - Pinball Wizard (113)
874. LCD Soundsystem - I Can Change (113)
873. TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun (113)
872. Jefferson Starship - Miracles (113)
871. The Chills - Pink Frost (112)
870. UGK - Int'l Player's Anthem (I Choose You) (112)
869. The Monkees - I'm a Believer (-152)
868. Fever Ray - I'm Not Done (111)
867. Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (110)
866. Edith Piaf - La vie en rose (110)
865. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (110)
864. Sufjan Stevens - I Want to Be Well (109)
863. Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (109)
862. Todd Terje - Inspector Norse (109)
861. Bob Dylan - It Ain't Me Babe (109)
860. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (-146)
859. Gorillaz - Dare (109)
858. Cream - White Room (-71)
857. Metronomy - The Bay (109)
856. Rachid Taha - Ya Rayah (107)
855. Kanye West - Through the Wire (-165)
854. The Beatles - Rain (-269)
853. György Ligeti - Requiem (108)
852. Steely Dan - Doctor WU (-11)
851. Bob Dylan - Girl from the North Country (109)
850. R.E.M. - World Leader Pretend (-235)
849. The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice (107)
848. Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype (9)
847. The Smiths - William, It Was Really Nothing (107)
846. Tubeway Army - Are 'Friends' Electric? (106)
845. Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper (-262)
844. The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds (107)
843. Ghostface Killah - Shakey Dog (107)
842. The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love (-3)
841. The Velvet Underground - Femme Fatale (26)
840. Missy Elliott - Work It (108)
839. Nirvana - Polly (108)
838. Neil Young - Hey Hey My My (Into the Black) (108)
837. Green Day - Longview (33)
836. The Prodigy - Firestarter (109)
835. Cee-Lo Green - Fuck You (19)
834. John Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On) (21)
833. The Beatles - And Your Bird Can Sing (-341)
832. David Bowie - Young Americans (105)
831. Nick Cave - Into My Arms (105)
830. Caribou - Odessa (103)
829. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep (102)
828. Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-englar (102)
827. Sister Sledge - Lost in Music (102)
826. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye (100)
825. David Bowie - Golden Years (100)
824. Pearl Jam - Even Flow (100)
823. Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (-44)
822. Sleater-Kinney - Entertain (100)
821. Mahmoud Ahmed - Ere Mela Mela (100)
820. Grimes - Genesis (100)
819. Lou Christie - Paint America Love (100)
818. New Radicals - You Get What You Give (-172)
817. Metallica - Enter Sandman (-5)
816. The Beach Boys - Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)  (101)
815. Gerry and the Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone (101)
814. The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (-39)
813. Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years (-175)
812. Beck - The Golden Age (103)
811. Neil Young - Down By the River (4)
810. The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go (104)
809. Heart - Crazy on You (104)
808. Perfume Genius - Queen (-179)
807. Chic - Le Freak (20)
806. Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets the Rockers Uptown (105)
805. Bon Iver - Holocene (105)
804. Coldplay - Yellow (105)
803. Talking Heads - The Great Curve (-10)
802. Little Richard - Good Golly Miss Molly (-89)
801. XTC - Dear God (105)
800. Santigold - L.E.S. Artistes (104)
799. Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town (-25)
798. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is the Move (105)
797. Prince - I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man (-100)
796. Edwin Starr - War (28)
795. Roxy Music - Virginia Plain (107)
794. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (25)
793. Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - El Matador (108)
792. Bon Iver - Flume (108)
791. The Turtles - Happy Together (-367)
790. Madonna - Live to Tell (39)
789. The Walkmen - The Rat (-90)
788. The Beatles - Get Back (110)
787. Genesis - Supper's Ready (110)
786. Peggy Lee - Fever (108)
785. The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun (-2)
784. Prince - Let's Go Crazy (-253)
783. Jacques Dutronc - Il est 5 heures Paris s'éveille (109)
782. Eagles - One Of These Nights (109)
781. The White Stripes - The Hardest Button To Button (108)
780. Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing (-177)
779. Jackson C. Frank - I Want To Be Alone (Dialogue) (109)
778. Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure (-281)
777. Tom Jobin & Elis Regina - Águas de Março (-100)
776. Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (107)
775. Etta James - At Last (26)
774. The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (108)
773. Goran Bregovic - Ederlezi (108)
772. Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film) (-12)
771. Tom Petty - Free Fallin' (-80)
770. Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank (-250)
769. Focus - Hocus Pocus (-45)
768. The Beatles - All You Need Is Love (110)
767. Jacques Brel - Vesoul (110)
766. The Avalanches - Since I Left You (107)
765. 2Pac (featuring Dr. Dre) - California Love (-92)
764. Underworld - Born Slippy (107)
763. David Bowie - Five Years (1)
762. The National - Mr. November (106)
761. The Clash - Complete Control (103)
760. The Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane (103)
759. Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow (103)
758. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven (-3)
757. Julie London - Cry Me a River (103)
756. The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight (-33)
755. R.E.M. - So. Central Rain (-26)
754. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark (104)
753. Little Richard - Long Tall Sally (-87)
752. Kanye West - Gold Digger (21)
751. Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (-164)
750. Wire - Mannequin (103)
749. Nick Drake - Three Hours (103)
748. Kraftwerk - Radioactivity (103)
747. Nick Drake - Pink Moon (103)
746. Led Zeppelin - Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (101)
745. Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened (101)
744. Bruce Springsteen - Backstreets (-154)
743. ? & The Mysterians - 96 Tears (-40)
742. Desmond Dekker - Israelites (21)
741. Don McLean - Vincent (102)
740. The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers (100)
739. Paul Simon - Graceland (31)
738. Disco Inferno - The Long Dance (100)
737. Elvis Presley - That's All Right (-67)
736. Duffy - Mercy (98)
735. Charles Mingus - The Shoes Of The Fisherman's Wife Are Some Jive Ass Slippers (98)
734. Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger (-113)
733. Frank Sinatra - I've Got You under My Skin (97)
732. The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love (10)
731. Public Enemy - Bring the Noise (27)
730. U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love) (-183)
729. Built to Spill - Velvet Waltz (99)
728. Modest Mouse - Trailer Trash (97)
727. Brian Eno - The Big Ship (96)
726. Fleetwood Mac - Landslide (96)
725. Animal Collective - My Girls (96)
724. Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me (96)
723. Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror (-80)
722. Radiohead - Bodysnatchers (96)
721. Burial - Ashtray Wasp (96)
720. Portishead - Machine Gun (96)
719. U2 - New Year's Day (3)
718. Rhythim Is Rhythim - Strings of Life (93)
717. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Ramble Tamble (93)
716. The Beatles - Eight Days a Week (93)
715. Gang of Four - Damaged Goods (20)
714. Bob Dylan - Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands (94)
713. Kanye West feat. Paul McCartney - Only One (92)
712. Jeff Buckley - Grace (92)
711. R. Kelly - Ignition (Remix) (9)
710. Dionne Warwick - Walk On By (-73)
709. Cesária Évora - Sodade (94)
708. The Clash - The Magnificent Seven (94)
707. Azealia Banks - 212 (93)
706. alt-J - Breezeblocks (93)
705. Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky (-66)
704. Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding (-455)
703. Aretha Franklin - Think (-80)
702. Stevie Wonder - Visions (95)
701. David Bowie - Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (94)
700. Weezer - El Scorcho (94)
699. Deep Purple - Highway Star (92)
698. Sergei Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet : The Knights' Dance (Montagues and Capulets) (91)
697. The Alan Parsons Project - Old and Wise (91)
696. Lou Reed - Satellite of Love (-183)
695. Gavin Bryars - Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet (91)
694. Van Halen - Jump (13)
693. Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp (91)
692. T. Rex - Bang a Gong (Get It On) (90)
691. Low - Nothing But Heart (90)
690. Patti Smith - Because the Night (90)
689. Herbie Hancock - Chameleon (89)
688. MGMT - Electric Feel (89)
687. Joy Division - Decades (89)
686. TV On the Radio - DLZ (-114)
685. Chic - Good Times (-31)
684. Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) (-21)
683. Public Enemy - Rebel Without a Pause (88)
682. Paco de Lucia - Entre dos aguas (86)
681. Ray Charles - Georgia on My Mind (84)
680. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me (-226)
679. Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (83)
678. Laurie Anderson - O Superman (83)
677. The Rolling Stones - Moonlight Mile (80)
676. Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (-164)
675. AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long (20)
674. Janis Ian - At Seventeen (-16)
673. Bob Dylan - Shelter from the Storm (25)
672. The Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (79)
671. The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up (25)
670. Faithless - Insomnia (80)
669. Sigur Rós - (Untitled 8) (80)
668. The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City (0)
667. Britney Spears - Toxic (81)
666. Elvis Costello - I Want You (79)
665. Louis Armstrong - St. James Infirmary (79)
664. Ramones - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker (-46)
663. Nico - These Days (-46)
662. Joni Mitchell - Free Man In Paris (81)
661. Of Montreal - The Past Is A Grotesque Animal (80)
660. Nas - N.Y. State of Mind (-68)
659. Nirvana - Dumb (79)
658. Bat For Lashes - Daniel (79)
657. The Kinks - Lola (-146)
656. King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King (80)
655. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (-2)
654. Roxy Music - If There Is Something (80)
653. Slint - Good Morning, Captain (80)
652. The Replacements - Unsatisfied (79)
651. XTC - Making Plans for Nigel (29)
650. Talking Heads - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (80)
649. The Beatles - Blackbird (78)
648. Phil Collins - Against All Odds (78)
647. Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) (78)
646. The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money (-101)
645. The Modern Lovers - Roadrunner (-123)
644. Pavement - Gold Soundz (-151)
643. Fatboy Slim - Praise You (76)
642. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (-86)
641. Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (77)
640. Van Morrison - And It Stoned Me (75)
639. Kanye West - Hold My Liquor  (73)
638. Love - You Set The Scene (73)
637. Pixies - Gouge Away (73)
636. Tame Impala - Elephant (73)
635. Brian Eno - Golden Hours (73)
634. The White Stripes - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (22)
633. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (-22)
632. Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep - Mountain High (-204)
631. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand (75)
630. Wire - Outdoor Miner (-213)
629. The Everly Brothers - All I Have to Do is Dream (-161)
628. The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health (77)
627. Björk - Human Behaviour (75)
626. Boston - More Than a Feeling (-126)
625. Rod Stewart - Maggie May (-99)
624. Björk - All Is Full of Love (77)
623. Erik Satie - Gymnopédie n1 (77)
622. Buddy Holly & The Crickets - Peggy Sue (-31)
621. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle (-177)
620. The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man (-202)
619. The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar (-147)
618. Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun (10)
617. a-ha - Take On Me (77)
616. ABBA - Waterloo (76)
615. Tom Waits - Time (74)
614. My Bloody Valentine - To Here Knows When (73)
613. Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (73)
612. Primal Scream - Loaded (73)
611. Sam Cooke - Wonderful World (20)
610. Björk - Army of Me (74)
609. Pink Floyd - See Emily Play (13)
608. Julee Cruise - Falling (75)
607. Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (-238)
606. blur - Girls and Boys (76)
605. Serge Gainsbourg - Bonnie and Clyde (76)
604. Black Sabbath - War Pigs (23)
603. Björk - Hunter (76)
602. Pink Floyd - Money (-140)
601. The Stooges - 1970 (77)
600. Au Pairs - Headache for Michelle (76)
599. Billy Bragg - A New England (-37)
598. The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York (4)
597. Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin' (-57)
596. The Beatles - Hello Goodbye (79)
595. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (79)
594. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (20)
593. Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman (-89)
592. Radiohead - There, There (77)
591. Anaïs Mitchell - Why We Build The Wall (76)
590. The Beatles - For No One (-85)
589. Robert Wyatt - Little Red Riding Hood Hit The Road (76)
588. Roxy Music - Editions Of You (76)
587. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time (74)
586. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - The Tears of a Clown (-49)
585. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (-107)
584. Nick Drake - River Man (20)
583. Motorhead - Ace of Spades (74)
582. Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl (-9)
581. John Lennon - Working Class Hero (74)
580. The Replacements - I Will Dare (-14)
579. David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (73)
578. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill (29)
577. Curtis Mayfield - Right On for the Darkness (74)
576. Primal Scream - Movin' On Up (74)
575. Cream - Sunshine of Your Love (-255)
574. Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love (75)
573. Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough for The Both of Us (-5)
572. Benjamin Biolay - Brandt Rhapsody (76)
571. Serge Gainsbourg - Cargo Culte (74)
570. The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man (-245)
569. Rihanna - Umbrella (7)
568. Pixies - Wave of Mutilation (-45)
567. Brian Eno - St. Elmo's Fire (77)
566. Bruce Springsteen - Badlands (-186)
565. Nirvana - In Bloom (-44)
564. Kanye West - New Slaves (78)
563. Althea and Donna - Uptown Top Ranking (78)
562. The Coral - Dreaming of You (78)
561. R.E.M. - Drive (-88)
560. Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You (-77)
559. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting (77)
558. The Flaming Lips - Fight Test (77)
557. Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (77)
556. The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton (77)
555. The Strokes - Hard To Explain (34)
554. Interpol - Obstacle 1 (78)
553. David Bowie - Rebel Rebel (-10)
552. Roy Orbison - Crying (78)
551. the Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored (4)
550. Aretha Franklin - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (76)
549. Amy Winehouse - Rehab (-21)
548. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (-118)
547. Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell On You (2)
546. Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up (0)
545. Van Morrison - Madame George (30)
544. Aerosmith - Dream On (-94)
543. Os Mutantes - Panis et Circencis (77)
542. Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name (18)
541. R.E.M. - Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars) (75)
540. The Killers - Mr. Brightside (-186)
539. Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat (74)
538. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey (12)
537. The Sugarcubes - Birthday (75)
536. Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (74)
535. Nat "King" Cole - Nature Boy (74)
534. Don McLean - American Pie (-105)
533. Bob Dylan - I Want You (75)
532. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor (-3)
531. Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild (-132)
530. Kanye West - Lost in the World (-146)
529. The Cure - Pictures of You (77)
528. Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely (77)
527. Kraftwerk - Autobahn (17)
526. The Beatles - Dear Prudence (9)
525. The Rolling Stones - Angie (76)
524. The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet (-219)
523. The Velvet Underground - Rock and Roll (77)
522. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen the Rain (-48)
521. R.E.M. - The One I Love (78)
520. Grimes - Realiti (78)
519. Boards of Canada - Roygbiv (78)
518. Phoenix - 1901 (77)
517. Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm (77)
516. The Police - Message in a Bottle (37)
515. Tom Waits - Jockey Full Of Bourbon (73)
514. Supertramp - The Logical Song (72)
513. Lady Lamb The Beekeeper - Bird Balloons (71)
512. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (69)
511. James Brown - It's a Man's Man's Man's World (68)
510. Adele - Rolling in the Deep (-226)
509. Can - Halleluhwah (69)
508. Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares for Me (69)
507. Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener (-9)
506. Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army (11)
505. Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman (-133)
504. Foo Fighters - Everlong (-2)
503. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows (71)
502. Them - Gloria (-8)
501. Neil Young - Cortez The Killer (70)
500. Elvis Costello - Watching the Detectives (70)
499. Nine Inch Nails - Closer (26)
498. Joy Division - Atmosphere (71)
497. James Taylor - Fire and Rain (-9)
496. Joanna Newsom - Good Intentions Paving Company (71)
495. Townes Van Zandt - Pancho & Lefty (69)
494. Stevie Wonder - As (69)
493. Massive Attack - Angel (68)
492. The Police - Roxanne (-41)
491. Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built (27)
490. The National - England (69)
489. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (-37)
488. Bloc Party - Banquet (70)
487. Joni Mitchell - A Case of You (70)
486. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks (68)
485. The Black Keys - Lonely Boy (67)
484. Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon (-28)
483. The Zombies - She's Not There (2)
482. Aretha Franklin - Chain of Fools (-13)
481. Run-D.M.C. & Aerosmith - Walk This Way (-50)
480. Elliott Smith - Between the Bars (68)
479. Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire (-12)
478. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues (-67)
477. Björk - Isobel (65)
476. Prince - Raspberry Beret (30)
475. Elvis Costello - Beyond Belief (66)
474. The Rolling Stones - Rocks Off (65)
473. Madonna - Ray of Light (65)
472. The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?? (64)
471. Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young) - Ohio (-66)
470. The Smiths - The Boy with the Thorn in His Side (64)
469. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (30)
468. Kraftwerk - Computer Love (64)
467. Frank Sinatra - In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning  (63)
466. Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill (-28)
465. The Cure - Boys Don't Cry (38)
464. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (-28)
463. The Zombies - Care of Cell 44 (19)
462. Otis Redding - Try a Little Tenderness (-40)
461. Simon & Garfunkel - The Only Living Boy in New York (66)
460. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (-141)
459. Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walking (65)
458. Neil Young - The Needle and the Damage Done (61)
457. Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland (-171)
456. The Beatles - Nowhere Man (14)
455. Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 (-159)
454. Annie - Heartbeat (62)
453. Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) (2)
452. The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five (63)
451. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues (-19)
450. Arvo Pärt - Cantus In Memory of Benjamin Britten (64)
449. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (-181)
448. The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow (-72)
447. Bill Haley & His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock (-40)
446. The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin (-58)
445. David Bowie - Sound and Vision (65)
444. Neu! - Hallogallo (65)
443. Arcade Fire - Intervention (64)
442. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (-48)
441. James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) (-80)
440. Portishead - Sour Times (61)
439. Van Morrison - Into the Mystic (1)
438. Elton John - Tiny Dancer (-68)
437. My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow (58)
436. Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind (-50)
435. Bob Dylan - Mr. Tambourine Man (56)
434. Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke (56)
433. Kanye West - All of the Lights (56)
432. Portishead - Glory Box (55)
431. Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World (55)
430. Alain Bashung - La Nuit je mens (54)
429. Portishead - Roads (52)
428. Jacques Brel - Ne me quitte pas (52)
427. Brian Eno - By This River (52)
426. Joanna Newsom - Emily (51)
425. The Roots - The Seed (2.0) (51)
424. Gil Scott-Heron - Home Is Where the Hatred Is (51)
423. Judy Garland - Over the Rainbow (-11)
422. Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (13)
421. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing (-80)
420. DJ Shadow - Building Steam with a Grain of Salt (51)
419. Tom Waits - Downtown Train (24)
418. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (7)
417. Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (49)
416. Buena Vista Social Club - Chan Chan (49)
415. Bob Dylan - Ballad of a Thin Man (5)
414. The National - Afraid of Everyone (50)
413. Arcade Fire - Afterlife (50)
412. The Flaming Lips - Race For The Prize (-64)
411. Kendrick Lamar - Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe (50)
410. Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (50)
409. King Crimson - Starless (50)
408. Billy Joel - Piano Man (-19)
407. Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People (51)
406. Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (20)
405. The Clash - (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais (18)
404. Bruce Springsteen - The River (29)
403. Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (54)
402. Pink Floyd - Time (-130)
401. Guns N' Roses - November Rain (5)
400. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (-145)
399. The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio (-9)
398. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (55)
397. Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945 (-96)
396. Daft Punk - Around the World (-30)
395. The Notorious B.I.G.  - Juicy (18)
394. Björk - Pagan Poetry (55)
393. Madonna - Into the Groove (11)
392. Bob Dylan - Visions Of Johanna (56)
391. R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (-12)
390. Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express (57)
389. New Order - Temptation (-16)
388. Deee-Lite   - Groove Is In The Heart (58)
387. Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg - Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang (23)
386. Aretha Franklin - I Say a Little Prayer (59)
385. Beyonce feat. Jay-Z - Crazy In Love (-51)
384. Talking Heads - Burning Down the House (58)
383. Prince - Little Red Corvette (-36)
382. Daft Punk - Da Funk (59)
381. R.E.M. - It's the End of the World As We Know It (10)
380. U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name (59)
379. Radiohead - Pyramid Song (-27)
378. Radiohead - Let Down (-48)
377. The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection (60)
376. Pixies - Hey (58)
375. James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (-73)
374. Don Henley - The Boys of Summer (-19)
373. Big Star - September Gurls (-95)
372. The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year (-179)
371. Pavement - Fillmore Jive (56)
370. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (-7)
369. The La's - There She Goes (-62)
368. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock (-23)
367. Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground (29)
366. Deep Purple - Child in Time (55)
365. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See A Darkness (54)
364. Pink Floyd - Echoes (-156)
363. Buddy Holly & The Crickets - That'll Be the Day (-53)
362. The Cranberries - Zombie (54)
361. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (54)
360. The Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes (54)
359. Pharoah Sanders - The Creator Has A Master Plan (38)
358. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love (20)
357. The Beatles - She Loves You (28)
356. Radiohead - Idioteque (-83)
355. The Human League - Don't You Want Me (-34)
354. Blondie - Atomic (55)
353. Blondie - Call Me (55)
352. PJ Harvey - The Words That Maketh Murder (7)
351. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out) (-89)
350. The Beatles - Ticket to Ride (37)
349. Bee Gees - How Deep is Your Love (-90)
348. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (-53)
347. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash (-91)
346. New Order - True Faith (57)
345. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream (-79)
344. Neil Young - Rockin' in the Free World (58)
343. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. (-142)
342. Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall (59)
341. Chico Buarque - Construção (59)
340. Burial - Archangel (58)
339. Elton John - Rocket Man (-56)
338. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head (57)
337. The Beatles - Golden Slumbers /Carrry That Weight/The End (-19)
336. Aerosmith - Walk This Way (-4)
335. The Breeders - Cannonball (58)
334. Neil Young - Southern Man (58)
333. Nirvana - Lithium (0)
332. The Kingsmen - Louie Louie (-65)
331. Neil Young - Like a Hurricane (44)
330. OutKast - Ms. Jackson (34)
329. Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight (-99)
328. Pearl Jam - Jeremy (39)
327. Love - Alone Again Or (-12)
326. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (-94)
325. The Doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side) (58)
324. Radiohead - Everything in Its Right Place (58)
323. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (-17)
322. R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe (9)
321. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (30)
320. The Knife - Silent Shout (61)
319. The Clash - Train in Vain (Stand by Me) (16)
318. The Beta Band - Dry The Rain (-5)
317. Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day (39)
316. Coldplay - Clocks (28)
315. The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night (-33)
314. Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood (63)
313. The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again (61)
312. Michael Jackson - Thriller (-9)
311. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (60)
310. Kanye West - Monster (-30)
309. Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On (29)
308. Ennio Morricone - The Ecstasy of Gold (-87)
307. Van Morrison - Moondance (17)
306. John Coltrane - Acknowledgement (62)
305. Portishead - The Rip (60)
304. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine (33)
303. David Bowie - Suffragette City (-38)
302. The Beatles - Across the Universe (24)
301. Daft Punk - Digital Love (61)
300. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've) (-50)
299. Eminem feat. Dido - Stan (23)
298. Big Star - Thirteen (62)
297. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (-27)
296. The National - Fake Empire (62)
295. Pavement - Summer Babe (16)
294. The Cure - Lovesong (63)
293. The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (-55)
292. Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema (61)
291. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (59)
290. Robyn - Dancing on My Own (18)
289. John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (60)
288. Bob Dylan - Desolation Row (58)
287. The Cure - A Forest (56)
286. Joni Mitchell - River (56)
285. David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes (42)
284. Pearl Jam - Alive (56)
283. Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World (56)
282. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - The Tracks of My Tears (-145)
281. Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (36)
280. MGMT - Kids (56)
279. Booker T. & the M.G.'s - Green Onions (15)
278. George Harrison - My Sweet Lord (-18)
277. Wilco - Jesus, Etc (4)
276. The Beach Boys - I Get Around (-22)
275. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car (-36)
274. Bob Dylan - It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (55)
273. Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (55)
272. Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind (28)
271. Tom Waits - Tom Traubert's Blues (52)
270. The Cars - Just What I Needed (-24)
269. The Doors - Riders on the Storm (-59)
268. Radiohead - Reckoner (48)
267. Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Theme de Yoyo (47)
266. Charles Mingus - Modes D, E, And F - Trio and Group Dancers (46)
265. The Beatles - Revolution (34)
264. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (28)
263. Prince - 1999 (46)
262. Soft Cell - Tainted Love (14)
261. Little Richard - Tutti Frutti (-34)
260. The Jam - That's Entertainment (1)
259. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary (-67)
258. Kraftwerk - The Model (46)
257. Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) (-58)
256. The Byrds - Eight Miles High (-12)
255. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (-8)
254. The Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby (-23)
253. Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck (-58)
252. The Who - Behind Blue Eyes (-15)
251. My Bloody Valentine - Soon (47)
250. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (-32)
249. Björk - Hyper-Ballad (48)
248. The Strokes - Last Nite (-12)
247. U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (-49)
246. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (-84)
245. Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman (24)
244. Elliott Smith - Waltz #2 (XO) (-22)
243. Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box (50)
242. R.E.M. - Nightswimming (22)
241. The Undertones - Teenage Kicks (-27)
240. U2 - With or Without You (51)
239. Hercules and Love Affairs - Blind (51)
238. Antony and the Johnsons - Hope There's Someone (51)
237. Kanye West - Power (-11)
236. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (52)
235. Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget about Me) (52)
234. Dolly Parton - Jolene (51)
233. Jay-Z - 99 Problems (12)
232. Björk - Joga (47)
231. Madonna - Like a Prayer (26)
230. Janelle Monae - Tightrope (-57)
229. Janelle Monae - Cold War (48)
228. The Jam - Going Underground (-26)
227. Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella (48)
226. LCD Soundsystem - Losing My Edge (27)
225. The Beatles - I am the Walrus (49)
224. The Zombies - Time of the Season (11)
223. Nick Cave - The Mercy Seat (48)
222. The Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane (26)
221. Blondie - Heart of Glass (21)
220. Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (43)
219. The Stooges - I Wanna Be You Dog (22)
218. Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe (15)
217. Bob Marley - Redemption Song (-31)
216. King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man (27)
215. MGMT - Time to Pretend (25)
214. The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun (-54)
213. The Cure - Just Like Heaven (-32)
212. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir (-58)
211. Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street (47)
210. Jimmy Cliff - Many Rivers to Cross (-6)
209. The B-52's - Rock Lobster (11)
208. The Temptations - My Girl (-43)
207. PJ Harvey - Down by the Water (45)
206. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer (45)
205. The Zombies - Hung Up On A Dream (29)
204. Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing in the Street (-29)
203. The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice (-29)
202. The Doors - The End (22)
201. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees (-62)
200. Prince - Sign 'O' The Times (19)
199. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (24)
198. blur - Song 2 (5)
197. Bruce Springsteen - Atlantic City (-10)
196. Michael Jackson - Beat It (19)
195. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze (-50)
194. The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses (19)
193. Eminem - Lose Yourself (7)
192. The Velvet Underground - Venus in Furs (37)
191. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (37)
190. The Police - Every Breath You Take (-6)
189. The Specials - Ghost Town (-34)
188. Dusty Springfield - Son-of-a Preacher Man (18)
187. Sinéad O' Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U (-17)
186. The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone (8)
185. The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting For the Man (24)
184. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (-43)
183. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (42)
182. Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line (-5)
181. Simon & Garfunkel - America (-9)
180. ABBA - Dancing Queen (-19)
179. David Bowie - Starman (1)
178. Del Shannon - Runaway (4)
177. Miles Davis - So What (40)
176. Nirvana - Come As You Are (13)
175. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence (41)
174. The Velvet Underground - All Tomorrow's Parties (38)
173. The Beatles - Something (32)
172. Radiohead - The National Anthem (39)
171. The Beach Boys - Surf's Up (20)
170. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (26)
169. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (-1)
168. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen (17)
167. The Cure - Lullaby (40)
166. The Stooges - Search And Destroy (17)
165. Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale (-16)
164. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (2)
163. David Bowie - Changes (1)
162. Daft Punk - One More Time (-31)
161. Dick Dale - Misirlou (27)
160. Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (37)
159. Serge Gainsbourg - Je t'aime, moi non plus (12)
158. The Beatles - I Want to Hold Your Hand (-61)
157. Ray Charles - What'd I Say (-22)
156. Nina Simone - Sinnerman (34)
155. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (-22)
154. Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds (-6)
153. Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien (26)
152. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) (-9)
151. The Stone Roses - Fools Gold (27)
150. Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel (-25)
149. The White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl (18)
148. Bob Dylan - Hurricane (21)
147. Massive Attack - Teardrop (29)
146. The Beatles - Help! (-2)
145. Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (-3)
144. Elvis Costello - Alison (6)
143. Oasis - Live Forever (8)
142. The Beatles - While my Guitar Gently Weeps (-4)
141. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great (22)
140. Patti Smith - Gloria (6)
139. TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me (20)
138. James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine (2)
137. Radiohead - Creep (21)
136. Grimes - Oblivion (21)
135. Patsy Cline - Crazy (21)
134. Sly & the Family Stone - Family Affair (19)
133. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy, Jr. (19)
132. Lana Del Rey - Video Games (-5)
131. The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning (3)
130. The Beatles - Come Together (17)
129. Nirvana - All Apologies (1)
128. Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot (1)
127. Fela Kuti - Zombie (9)
126. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now? (6)
125. The Knife - Heartbeats (-12)
124. Neil Young - Heart of Gold (-9)
123. Elton John - Your Song (-19)
122. Lou Reed - Perfect Day (1)
121. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1)
120. The Smiths - This Charming Man (-4)
119. Beastie Boys - Sabotage (-10)
118. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky (0)
117. Radiohead - No Surprises (9)
116. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (-39)
115. M83 - Midnight City (-21)
114. Björk - Bachelorette (14)
113. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (11)
112. Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry (0)
111. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (9)
110. Four Tops - Reach Out (I'll Be There) (4)
109. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (-4)
108. Stevie Wonder - Living for the City (-18)
107. Ben E. King - Stand By Me (-12)
106. Kanye West - Runaway (-5)
105. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (-3)
104. The Beatles - Penny Lane (-11)
103. The Band - The Weight (4)
102. Leonard Cohen - Suzanne (9)
101. Jacques Brel - Amsterdam (20)
100. Roy Orbison - In Dreams (19)
99. Robert Wyatt - Sea Song (18)
98. The Beatles - In my Life (2)
97. The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (-11)
96. Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven (10)
95. Iggy Pop - The Passenger (3)
94. U2 - One (2)
93. Public Enemy - Fight the Power (15)
92. Frank Ocean - Pyramids (18)
91. Beck - Loser (-3)
90. Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer (9)
89. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (14)
88. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (1)
87. Oasis - Wonderwall (-14)
86. The Kinks - You Really Got Me (-4)
85. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (-5)
84. Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the U.K. (-5)
83. Johnny Cash - Hurt (-5)
82. Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (-10)
81. John Lennon - Imagine (-26)
80. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (-14)
79. The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist (6)
78. Pixies - Where Is My Mind? (14)
77. Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies) (-10)
76. Prince - Purple Rain (8)
75. The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin' (8)
74. Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five - The Message (7)
73. The Beatles - Yesterday (-5)
72. The Beatles - Let it Be (-3)
71. Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues (16)
70. Prince - Kiss (21)
69. The Who - My Generation (-6)
68. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (3)
67. Radiohead - Karma Police (-14)
66. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (8)
65. Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence (-18)
64. Eagles - Hotel California (-21)
63. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (-5)
62. The Beatles - Hey Jude (-13)
61. Al Green - Let's Stay Together (4)
60. The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun (-3)
59. The Doors - Light My Fire (1)
58. Television - Marquee Moon (18)
57. Pixies - Debaser (7)
56. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (-12)
55. The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (20)
54. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago (16)
53. Aretha Franklin - Respect (-3)
52. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (0)
51. Arcade Fire - Wake Up (11)
50. The Velvet Underground - Heroin (9)
49. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows (12)
48. New Order - Blue Monday (8)
47. David Bowie - Space Oddity (7)
46. Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side (5)
45. M.I.A. - Paper Planes (1)
44. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue (4)
43. Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (-5)
42. Pulp - Common People (3)
41. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (-10)
40. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road (-5)
39. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (-15)
38. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (4)
37. Derek and the Dominos - Layla (-4)
36. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine (0)
35. The Who - Baba O'Riley (5)
34. Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit (7)
33. Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water (1)
32. The Ronettes - Be my Baby (0)
31. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (-5)
30. Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come (0)
29. The Smiths - There is a Light that Never goes Out (10)
28. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (-5)
27. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (-2)
26. David Bowie - Life on Mars? (11)
25. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (2)
24. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime (4)
23. Outkast - B.O.B. (6)
22. OutKast - Hey Ya! (-3)
21. Stevie Wonder - Superstition (1)
20. Prince - When Doves Cry (0)
19. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever (-6)
18. Radiohead - Paranoid Android (-3)
17. The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset (-1)
16. David Bowie - "Heroes" (5)
15. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (2)
14. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower (0)
13. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (-1)
12. LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends (6)
11. The Clash - London Calling (0)
10. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil (-1)
9. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1)
8. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (-2)
7. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1)
6. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1)
5. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (-1)
4. Otis Redding - (Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay (1)
3. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (0)
2. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (0)
1. The Beatles - A Day in the Life (0)
Last edited by BleuPanda on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Here's the year breakdown. Not really much of a surprise how this went.

42:

37:

36:

34:

32:

31:

29:

25:

23:

22:

21:

20:

19:

17:

16:

15:

14:

13:

12:

11:

10:

9:

8:

7:

6:

5:

3:

2:

1:
Last edited by BleuPanda on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

And here is the artist breakdown:

39:
The Beatles

20:
Bob Dylan

18:
Radiohead

17:
David Bowie
The Rolling Stones

12:
Kanye West
R.E.M.

11:
Bjork
Bruce Springsteen

10:
Neil Young
Prince
The Beach Boys

9:
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
The Velvet Underground

7:
Arcade Fire
Elvis Costello
Marvin Gaye
Michael Jackson
Pixies
Stevie Wonder
The Clash
The Cure
The Smiths
The Who
U2

6:
Daft Punk
Elvis Presley
Simon & Garfunkel
Sufjan Stevens
Talking Heads
The Zombies
Van Morrison

5:
Aretha Franklin
Jay-Z
Jimi Hendrix
Kraftwerk
LCD Soundsystem
Madonna
Portishead
Queen
Smashing Pumpkins
The National
The White Stripes

4:
Brian Eno
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Elton John
Fleetwood Mac
Gorillaz
Green Day
James Brown
John Lennon
Johnny Cash
Kate Bush
New Order
Nick Cave
OutKast
Pavement
Public Enemy
Roy Orbison
The Doors
The Flaming Lips
The Kinks
Tom Waits
Weezer

3:
ABBA
Aerosmith
Beck
Black Sabbath
Blondie
blur
Bob Marley
Deep Purple
Grimes
Guns N' Roses
Jacques Brel
Jeff Buckley
Joni Mitchell
Joy Division
King Crimson
Little Richard
Lou Reed
Massive Attack
MGMT
My Bloody Valentine
Neutral Milk Hotel
Nick Drake
Nico
Oasis
Otis Redding
Paul McCartney
Pearl Jam
Ramones
Roxy Music
Serge Gainsbourg
Sly & the Family Stone
Steely Dan
The Band
The Knife
The Police
The Stone Roses
The Stooges
The Supremes
TV on the Radio
Last edited by BleuPanda on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

BleuPanda wrote: 42:

36:

34:

32:
Wow. Those numbers add up to 248. Almost one-fourth of our top 1000 songs come from one concentrated seven-year period. As BleuPanda says, this isn't all that surprising, but it's startling nonetheless to see the results laid out so starkly.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Top 10 biggest falls:
1. Sigur Ros - Svegn-f-englar (-689 from 241 to 930)
2. Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (-637 from 340 to 977)
3. The Kinks - Shangri-La (-617 from 364 to 981)
4. The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You (-550 from 449 to 999)
5. Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (-545 from 217 to 762)
6. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. (-538 from 389 to 927)
7. Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin' (-536 from 444 to 980)
8. Neil Young - Hey Hey My My (-506 from 440 to 946)
9. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven (-496 from 259 to 755)
10. Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (-486 from 239 to 725)

Top 10 biggest dropouts:
1. Metalicca - One (former 283)
2. Wilco - Impossible Germany (former 337)
3. Bob Dylan - Love Minus Zero/No Limit (former 345)
4. Bob Dylan - Blind Willie McTell (former 382)
5. Bob Dylan - Just Like a Woman (former 387)
6. The Impressions - People Get Ready (former 388)
7. MC5 - Kick Out the Jams (former 393)
8. The Who - I Can See for Miles (former 406)
9. Faith No More - Epic (former 408)
10. Funkadelic - Flashlight (former 423)

Top 10 biggest climbs:
1. The B-52's - Rock Lobster (725 from 945 to 220)
2. Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (715 from 914 to 199)
3. Blondie - Atomic (581 from 990 to 409)
4. Leonard Cohen - Suzanne (556 from 667 to 111)
5. The Killers - Mr. Brightside (554 from 908 to 354)
6. Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond (545 from 916 to 371)
7. Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight (534 from 764 to 230)
8t. Joni Mitchell - River (531 from 873 to 342)
8t. Dexys Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen (531 from 778 to 247)
10. Kanye West - Monster (529 from 809 to 280)

Top 10 entries (+10 pre-2010 entries):
1. Lana Del Rey - Video Games (127)
2. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (133) (1)
3. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (168) (2)
4. Janelle Monae - Tightrope (173)
5. Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien (179) (3)
6. Kanye West - Power (226)
7. The Who - Behind Blue Eyes (237) (4)
8. Elvis Costello - (What's so Funny 'Bout) Peace Love and Understanding (249) (5)
9. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun (268) (6)
10. Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella (275) (7)
---
Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind (300) (8)
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (306) (9)
Neil Young - Like a Hurricane (375) (10)

Top 10 new songs:
1. Frank Ocean - Pyramids (110)
2. Daft Punk - Get Lucky (118)
3. Grimes - Oblivion (157)
4. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (270)
5. Kendrick Lamar - Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (461)
6. Arcade Fire - Afterlife (463)
7. Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener (498)
8. Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built (518)
9. Lady Lamb - Bird Balloons (584)
10. Grimes - Realiti (598)
Last edited by BleuPanda on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I would upload the spreadsheet with all the information, but the file is too big for the forum to handle.

And that's everything I can think of posting. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

THANKS BLEUPANDA! :music-guitarred:

*** waiting the spreadsheet ***
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

How did Niggas in Paris do?
I feel like that
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

PlasticRam wrote:How did Niggas in Paris do?
It got 427.2 points with 5 votes, putting it at 1439. However, I wouldn't trust anything sub-500 points to mean anything.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Thank you so much BleuPanda!!!

How large is your spreadsheet?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

8.02 MB.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Fantastic results Bleu! Excellent presentation. I also agree with the previous comment that our collective list, overall, is better than anything the big critics polls could ever come up with!
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

JimmyJazz wrote:Fantastic results Bleu! Excellent presentation. I also agree with the previous comment that our collective list, overall, is better than anything the big critics polls could ever come up with!
Me too. Because we all had a hand in it and we seem to agree a lot. If you don't like the list, you have nobody to blame but yourself! Only kidding. Great job and fun list.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Aw, I did not vote for the #1. I regret nothing.

A lot to say about this. Probably will do so in the weekend. For now, thanks for the ride, Bleu Panda! And thanks everyone for voting, it's a great list. Am I being mean if I say the one with regular commentators looks just a little better?

To celebrate I made a Spotify playlist with the biggest unranked favorites by all the voters, that Bleu Panda listed at the beginning. Enjoy:

Not on Spotify:
King Crimson – Matte Kudasai
Game Theory – Mammoth Gardens
Tool - Lateralus

I’m missing Prince’s Something in the Water (Does Not Compute). Not my fault, Prince wants to make listening to his music as difficult as possible.

I don’t know how to do Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich. It’s an album, not a song. Any help Sonofsamiam (or anyone else)?
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Distribution by decades:

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”