AMF Chart Hall of Fame

Henrik
Site Admin

AMF Chart Hall of Fame

Post by Henrik »

Songs that were on the AMF Chart for 10 weeks with advancing votes. Weeks at #1 in brackets.

St. Vincent - Digital Witness (1 week)
Sun Kil Moon - Richard Ramirez Died Today of Natural Causes (5 weeks)
Warpaint - Love Is to Die (5 weeks)
tUnE-yArDs - Water Fountain (1 week)
The War on Drugs - Under Pressure (1 week)
Future Islands - Seasons (Waiting on You) (0 weeks)
Lana Del Rey - West Coast (4 weeks)
The Black Keys - Weight of Love (3 weeks)
Owen Pallett - The Riverbed (1 week)
Jon Allen - Night and Day (1 week)
First Aid Kit - My Silver Lining (3 weeks)

Honorable mention to songs that didn't reach the Hall of Fame criterion of 10 advancing weeks, but were #1 for one or more weeks:

3 weeks:
Todd Terje feat. Bryan Ferry - "Johnny and Mary"
2 weeks:
Damien Jurado - "Silver Timothy"
1 week:
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - "Fuck Off Get Free (For the Island of Montreal)"
Young Fathers - "Get Up"
The War on Drugs - "Red Eyes"

If anyone comes up with a better introduction to this HoF, please post and I will edit my post. Thanks!
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Re: AMF Chart Hall of Fame

Post by Andre »

Henrik,

reading your post immediately gives me a bad feeling again, since I partly contributed to the earlier exit of Johnny and Mary from the chart. What if we extend the rules for the Hall of Fame, like e.g.: Go through all 10 weeks ... or ... win at least three weeks? (something similar like after winning a cup three times, you can keep it)

In my humble opinion, I think that the introduction of the Hall of Fame and the rule to exit songs after maximum 10 weeks is successful and further improved the AMF chart.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Andre wrote:Henrik,

reading your post immediately gives me a bad feeling again, since I partly contributed to the earlier exit of Johnny and Mary from the chart. What if we extend the rules for the Hall of Fame, like e.g.: Go through all 10 weeks ... or ... win at least three weeks? (something similar like after winning a cup three times, you can keep it)

In my humble opinion, I think that the introduction of the Hall of Fame and the rule to exit songs after maximum 10 weeks is successful and further improved the AMF chart.
You still have bad feelings...! Get over it! :D I did a long time ago, and I never even blamed you. This forum would not be any fun if we could not express our thoughts. As for changing the rules, no I'm fully satisfied with the honorable mentions section. However, I could probably move up the honorable mentions section to the main post, and add them to the end of the playlist. Yes, I will do that. Anyone, shout if you have a problem with this!
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

Henrik wrote:You still have bad feelings...! Get over it! :D I did a long time ago, and I never even blamed you. This forum would not be any fun if we could not express our thoughts. As for changing the rules, no I'm fully satisfied with the honorable mentions section. However, I could probably move up the honorable mentions section to the main post, and add them to the end of the playlist. Yes, I will do that. Anyone, shout if you have a problem with this!
Go for it (as follower of the playlist I noticed you've already done it)!

BTW, Richard Ramirez did win 5 weeks, but 2 of them were at the end. If we consider only the first 10 weeks (week 2-11) then the song wins only 3 times ...

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”