Site update

JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: Site update

Post by JR »

Enjoy your holiday, Henrik. :)

1. Albums in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100: 9
2. Songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100:12
3. 5 highest-ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet): Like Romain, ??? (would require investigation)
4. Ranking for the best newcomer (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet): 336
5. All-time rank for "Get Lucky": 45
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

1- I'll say 4 new albums in the top 100, one being MBDTF, the other three being in the 101-110 range at the moment and will probably just swap out with some albums in the 90s.
2- I'll go with 8, and at least one will be "Midnight City". The other 7 are probably in the 101-150 range, currently
3- New songs as in songs not on AM at all? Or do bubblers count?
4- 1000
5- 110
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Listyguy wrote:3- New songs as in songs not on AM at all? Or do bubblers count?
Good question, but I was thinking not bubblers.

And regarding the ??????, just keep the wild guesses coming!
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

I'll take some semi-random, semi-educated guesses:

1: 11 albums in the Top 100
2: 23 songs in the Top 100 (given the extensive scope of the songs update)
3: abstain
4: Rank: 467
5: Rank: 84
Luke JR68
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Luke JR68 »

1. Let's say 7, most from the low 100's
2. 6 ("Get Lucky" and 5 from the low 100's)
3. Ok, my guesses are (in order of appearance)
I) "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" by Bob Dylan - Because Dylan
II) "The Ballad of John and Yoko" by the Beatles - Because Beatles
III) "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine - I'm rather surprised this one wasn't on the site already
IV) "Amsterdam" by Jacques Brel - It is rather surprising how under-represented Brel is at the moment
V) "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden - Even considering Metal's iffy status with most people, this seems Iconic enough
(Honorable mentions include "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel, "All Falls Down" by Kanye West, "When the Saints Go Marching In" by Louis Armstrong, "Sinnerman" by Nina Simone, and "Behind Blue Eyes" by the Who)
4. It'll depend on the answers to #3, but i'm feeling around 850
5. 46

EDIT: Answer to Q3 included
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie xx - I’ll Take Care of You (2011)

The song title is that of the Gil Scott-Heron solo version. The Jamie xx remix is actually titled "I'll Take Care of U".
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Sweepstakes Ron wrote:Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie xx - I’ll Take Care of You (2011)

The song title listed here is that of the Gil Scott-Heron solo version. The Jamie xx remix is actually titled "I'll Take Care of U".
Kingoftonga
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Kingoftonga »

1. Four albums, I'm guessing all in the 100-120 range.

2. The songs will probably fluctuate a lot more. I'll guess 12?

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet (1980)
Kraftwerk - Computer Liebe/Computer Love (1981)
Led Zeppelin - Ramble On (1969)
Michael Jackson - Human Nature (1982)
The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers (1971)

(Just guesses, of course. I believe "Ramble On" has the current distinction of being the only song from the Rolling Stone 500 not currently in AM, so I'm guessing it makes the cut.)

4. 675

5. 45.
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

Henrik wrote: 1. Guess how many of the albums in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100.
2. Guess how many of the songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100.
3. Guess the 5 highest ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet).
4. Guess the ranking for the best newcomer (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet).
5. Guess the alltime rank for "Get Lucky".
1. 3 (hoping Springsteen's Darkness on the Edge of Town is one of these)
2. 10 (hoping Oasis's "Live Forever" is one of these; it did quite well on NME's list)
3. Same as everyone else, I have no idea 'cause I haven't really looked into the lists being added, but these are five that I hope are highly ranked:

I. Bruce Springsteen - Backstreets (very surprised this song isn't already on AM; it's probably my favorite from Born to Run)
II. Jay-Z & Kanye West - No Church in the Wild (I'm also surprised this song wasn't already here as I kind of thought this was generally considered to be one of the better tracks from Watch the Throne)
III. David Bowie - Station to Station (also think Moonage Daydream could rank well)
IV. Pavement - Range Life (was actually hoping for a different batch of Pavement songs than the ones being added, but this is my favorite of the new additions)
V. Kanye West - All Falls Down (I just want Kanye to have more highly ranked songs... I'm also banking on POWER making a decent-sized leap on the update)

4. 900 or somewhere in that area
5. 49
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Kingoftonga wrote: (Just guesses, of course. I believe "Ramble On" has the current distinction of being the only song from the Rolling Stone 500 not currently in AM, so I'm guessing it makes the cut.)
"Moment of Surrender" by U2 and "The Girl Can't Help It" by Little Richard are in the RS 500 and not AM, though both are being added to AM in the coming update.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote:
Kingoftonga wrote: (Just guesses, of course. I believe "Ramble On" has the current distinction of being the only song from the Rolling Stone 500 not currently in AM, so I'm guessing it makes the cut.)
"Moment of Surrender" by U2 and "The Girl Can't Help It" by Little Richard are in the RS 500 and not AM, though both are being added to AM in the coming update.
I don't even count "Moment of Surrender" as being on the RS list, it was added with the ridiculous "we need to include modern songs" update in 2011 that was more of a joke than an improvement.
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

1. Guess how many of the albums in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100.
2. Guess how many of the songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100.
3. Guess the 5 highest ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet).
4. Guess the ranking for the best newcomer (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet).
5. Guess the alltime rank for "Get Lucky".
1. 11
2. 23 (which will hopefully include "Tipsy" by J-Kwon :mrgreen: )
"Vincent" by Don McLean: While McLean's catalog in general isn't always amazing, "Vincent" stands above it all, including "American Pie", in its sheer beauty.
"Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac: I was really surprised that this wasn't already included.
"Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Frankie Valli: Also surprised by this one's absence but I understand why critics missed it: it came out in 1967 despite sounding like it could have come out twenty years prior. Critics focus instead on the mountains of psychedelia/folk rock/Velvets that came out that year and miss something so traditional.
"Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas: One of the best dad-rock anthems, I'm surprised the critics missed this and Kansas' other biggest song, "Dust In The Wind"
"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen: Queen gets too much critical lambaste especially considering just how transcendent their singles were.
4. 172
5. 54
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

1. 6
2. 8
3. I have no clue
4. 282
5. 39

I haven't seen an update happen before, so I'm not sure how much changes with the lists, I'm excited for it though!
Petri
Feeling Good

Post by Petri »

Last night I dreamed that update had taken place. Get Lucky was #36. I can't remember the answers to other questions anymore. :D
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

3 :
I guess 2012 songs with late acclaim (like Chvrches singles) are not a valid answer
sometimes the surprise in the update comes from non UK/US songs and albums that appeared in a few lists but no one really noticed so I would not be surprised in a Spanish language classic that appeared in a few lists was on the top 5 best entries, but I didn't really check those lists so...
Otherwise I think you guys were spot on, Behind Blue Eyes, Don't Stop Me Now, Bulls on Parade and Amsterdam are very good call. Wouldn't be too surprised by a Red Hot or Muse song in there either.

I hope it will be some of the songs I was a bit surprised not to see in AM like the indie staple "The Other Side of Mt Heart Attack" or the raucous "Alice Practice". Or perhaps personal favorites (the 2004/2005 new entries reads like a guide of what I used to listen to back then... was Helicopter really not in AM ?)
It's fun to find in the new entry many of the non ranked songs we made go through in our decade polls : Range Life, Fools, Halfway Home,

4. Last time highest new try on songs was #893. I think we have a few more songs lists than last time (do we ?) so I'll go with a new entry at #750

5. Already at least one all time list (NME), that should be quite a boost... let's say #89
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

1. Albums in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100: 5
2. Songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100: 13
3. 5 highest-ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet): Political Science by Randy Newman is at least gonna be ranked kind of high, but that's already bubbling under.
4. Ranking for the best newcomer (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet): 1555 was my original guess, but I guess the best is gonna rank better based on other answers.
5. All-time rank for "Get Lucky": 44
I feel like that
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

Petri wrote:Last night I dreamed that update had taken place. Get Lucky was #36. I can't remember the answers to other questions anymore. :D
Funny you should say that, because a few weeks ago I also had a dream the update had taken place. All I can tell you guys about the update is that Kanye's "Runaway" is going to vault into the top ten songs of all time and Henrik is going to receive some kind of lifetime achievement award... :P
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

Henrik wrote:I3. Guess the 5 highest ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet).
Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It for You (1991)
Boyz II Men - End of the Road (1992)
Extreme - More Than Words (1991)
Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4 (1970)
Seal - Kiss from a Rose (1994)

And:

Olivia Newton-John - Physical (1981)
Phil Collins - Another Day in Paradise (1989)
Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You (1967)
The Jacksons - Shake Your Body (1979)
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

I'm happy to see so many of you agree with me about "Get Lucky"'s possible top 50 placement!

1. Albums in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100: 7
2. Songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100: 10
3. 5 highest-ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet): Not a clue, but I hope "Nightswimming" is one of them!
4. Ranking for the best newcomer (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet): 900
5. All-time rank for "Get Lucky": 45

Also, I'm pretty surprised at some of all your predictions. Do you really think that a new (non-2013 song) that isn't even a bubbling under will really debut in the top 500? Has that ever even happened before?
Blanco
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Blanco »

I really wish Smells Like Teen Spirit to overtake (I Can not Get No) Satisfaction. That would be awesome.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Blanco wrote:I really wish Smells Like Teen Spirit to overtake (I Can not Get No) Satisfaction. That would be awesome.
I've been wondering if both Smells Like Teen Spirit and Nevermind will go up, especially because they seem to be in every list they are eligible for these. They might both take the #1 spot if this go on like this. Personally, I hope this won't ever happen, too much honor for Nirvana, but who knows. I don't know how much difference in points the Nirvana song and album have in comparison to the ones above them.
audioclectic
Are You Experienced?

Post by audioclectic »

I was (a little) inspired by Blanco and Rob commenting on Smells Like Teen Spirit. I've listened to the song maybe three times, without really knowing that it was "The Great SLTS". I ended up at a website that is probably familiar to many members here (songfacts.com). Either way, the following comments / facts may be well known. Hope it's not a problem to post them here.

The band's producer, Butch Vig, heard this song for the first time on a low quality cassette recording the band made. He couldn't make out much of the song because it was so distorted. When the band started rehearsing it in the studio, however, Vig heard the potential in the song. He made sure it was the first track on the album, since it made a statement. Vig told NPR: "Even though we're not really sure what Kurt is singing about, there's something in there that you understand; the sense of frustration and alienation. To me, 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' reminds me a little bit of how Bob Dylan's songs affected people in the '60s. In a way, I feel the song affected a generation of kids in the '90s. They could relate to it."

A lot was made of Cobain being a spokesperson for Generation X when this song became a hit. Cobain responded by saying, "I don't have the answers for anything. I don't want to be a f--king spokesperson." Producer Butch Vig explained, "That ambiguity or confusion, that's the whole thing. What the kids are attracted to in the music is that he's not necessarily a spokesman for a generation. He doesn't necessarily know what he wants but he's pissed. It's all these things working at different levels at once. I don't exactly know what 'Teen Spirit' means, but you know it means something and it's intense as hell."

Kurt Cobain wrote this song for Nirvana; it came together in a jam session when he played it for the band. He said: "I was trying to write the ultimate pop song. I was basically trying to rip off The Pixies."

Dave Grohl recalled to Mojo magazine March 2011: "Teen Spirit definitely established that quiet/loud dynamic thing that we fell back on a lot of the time. It did become that one song that personifies the band. But the video was probably the key element in that song becoming a hit. People heard the song on the radio and they thought, 'This is great,' but when kids saw the video on MTV they thought, 'This is cool. These guys are kinda ugly and they're tearing up their f--king high school.' So I think that had a lot to do with what happened with the song. But do I think it's the greatest single of all time? Of course not! I don't even think it's the greatest Nirvana single. And compared to Revolution by The Beatles or God Only Knows by The Beach Boys?! Give me a break! Smells like Teen Spirit was a great moment in time… but there's better."

I'm most intrigued by Vig's reference to ambiguity. For me, ambiguity is the most powerful literary tool.

With respect to Cobain and Grohl, I'm left wondering whether their comments were tongue-in-cheek.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

I am impressed with the humility of Grohl and Cobain and share Grohl's view that Teen Spirit was a great moment in time, but it is not the "greatest single of all time."
Bruce
Feeling Good

Post by Bruce »

Henry wrote:I am impressed with the humility of Grohl and Cobain and share Grohl's view that Teen Spirit was a great moment in time, but it is not the "greatest single of all time."
Not even remotely close to it.
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

JR wrote:So there will be 6,000 ranked songs, based on what Henrik had posted. And then more bubbling under, of course. Should be a fun time for Acclaimed-aholics. 8-)
You can say that again! :music-listening:
Blanco
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Blanco »

audioclectic wrote:I was (a little) inspired by Blanco and Rob commenting on Smells Like Teen Spirit. I've listened to the song maybe three times, without really knowing that it was "The Great SLTS". I ended up at a website that is probably familiar to many members here (songfacts.com). Either way, the following comments / facts may be well known. Hope it's not a problem to post them here.
Henry wrote:I am impressed with the humility of Grohl and Cobain and share Grohl's view that Teen Spirit was a great moment in time, but it is not the "greatest single of all time."
From my point of view, maybe it is. The power of the song does not necessarily lie in how complex it is, or what was intended when it was created. The created work is independent of the artist, and their existence is even bigger than him.
Speaking impartially, Smells Like Teen Spirit seems to have many features that make it a really good song. It's catchy, but not so much. In fact, the melody itself is superb. The voice has certain peculiarities, difficult to explain, that make it very special. For example, even when Kurt screams (to the extent that it seems he is about to tear his throat), he never goes out of tune. And something that I really like is that his voice seems to be very eclectic. Have you heard these mahups with Kurt's voice, and completely different music? One of my favorites is this one. It seems to convey sadness and melancholy, rather than anger and energy. I know that with the required technology, this seems to be very easy. But I've only found two singers to whom I can say that his voice in a song is great no matter if you change the music. One is Kurt, the other is Elvis.
And yes I think the video had something to do with the fact that the song became a hit, but I do not think it appears in critic's lists just for being a hit. Also, if the video is as it is, is because of the characteristics of the song itself. If I remember correctly, the video's director had asked the teens to stay seated while the group was recorded playing. After spending all day in this way, one of the teens said he wanted to destroy everything. As a small snowball down a mountain, the rest is history. The director continued recording while the teens really destroy everything around with the song as background. You could say the same reaction they had was the same as the song had in society. Somehow the same was repeated in the creation of the video. And that feeling is honest, it is sincere rebellion.
And well, I could go on talking about this, but to finish I must say that both Kurt and Dave, like many of the forum users, are from those generations who appreciate too much the music of the 60's. I'm not saying this is bad, I also appreciate it a lot. But I do not like to think that all the best was already created, and that all we try to do is made just bad imitations and derivatives. I think the music of any generation can be equal or better than any other, and if Smells Like Teen Spirit meant for the 90's the final and unquestionable anthem for that generation, unlike the music of other periods in which the "anthem" would be subject of discussion, then yes, maybe Smells Like Teen Spirit is the best single of all time.
At the end of the day, if you look closely at the Starry Night, you will see the spaces between the strokes.

Oh, and hi audioclectic. Welcome. It's good to have some new faces in the forum.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

Excellent post, Cesar, and an excellent argument for Smells Like Teen Spirit as the greatest song of all time (although I don't agree, and my surprising choice is even more recent). Your English expression has become so much more powerful since you first began writing here and I applaud you.
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Great discussion about SLTS. I must admit that I am not so enthralled with the song, but do find it enjoyable and understand its status as an anthem for the 1990's.

I was interested in gaining a better appreciation of the perspective that the "melody is superb." I did enjoy the piano version in the link provided by Blanco, but while the removal of the noisy elements of the original clearly provided a very clean and unfettered sonic perspective, it did not convince me that the melody is superb. Perhaps someone who has evaluated the printed sheet music of the melody can help me better understand what makes the melody superb.
Luke JR68
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Luke JR68 »

It seems the quiet before the storm has fallen upon the forum :D
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Interesting discussion about SLTS...
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

So Henrik, did all our brains together find the 5 highest entries or did we forget something ? ;)
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JR »

Did Henrik give a sly hint about the AM No. 1? :P
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Plot twist: SLTS drops down to bubbling under in the coming update.
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

Plot twist: SLTS drops down to bubbling under in the coming update.
:P
Mika
Only Sixteen

Post by Mika »

How many of top3000 albums you have listened? I guess nobody has done all of them :)
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Mika wrote:How many of top3000 albums you have listened? I guess nobody has done all of them :)
I'm pretty sure Honorio has listened to every single one. As for me, I've probably heard about 700 to 800 or so of the top 3000.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I've been going through the top 3000 at around 300-400 a year for the past few years. Hopefully I'll be done soon. I'm at around 1200 so far.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

Mika wrote:How many of top3000 albums you have listened? I guess nobody has done all of them :)
I own all of the current top 3000, so I've listened to all of them. Once the update is posted I'll have to see how many of the new entries I don't have yet (I'm fairly certain I already have all the 2013 albums that have a reasonable chance of making it in).
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

BleuPanda wrote:I've been going through the top 3000 at around 300-400 a year for the past few years. Hopefully I'll be done soon. I'm at around 1200 so far.
That's a decent effort! Question, how do you listen to them, as is which ones do you choose? Do you go by artist, year, random, position?
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

It goes in various cycles. Most of the time I'll choose an artist I'm currently interested in and listen to all their ranked albums. Other times I'll listen to the highest ranked I haven't listened to (the current highest is #573. The Mahavishnu Orchestra-The Inner Mounting Flame). I've gone on year sprees for the recent years, so I've listened to everything from 2009 forward. Just depends on how into certain eras I am at any given time.
Mika
Only Sixteen

Post by Mika »

Harold wrote:
I own all of the current top 3000, so I've listened to all of them. Once the update is posted I'll have to see how many of the new entries I don't have yet (I'm fairly certain I already have all the 2013 albums that have a reasonable chance of making it in).
Wow, you have them in various formats I guess (vinyl,cd,digital)? I see there are some out of print records on the list or at least cd is missing.
Luke JR68
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Luke JR68 »

Henrik wrote:I might regret this, as there's still a lot of work to be done until the update (I came home from the holiday late last night), but I see no reason for the songs list to change, so...
Welcome back Henrik, was the holiday absolutely fantastic :greetings-waveyellow: ?
Henrik wrote: 2. Songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100:

3. 5 highest-ranked "new" songs (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet):
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998)
Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - Matador (1993)
Brian Eno - Needles in the Camel's Eye (1973)
David Bowie - Station to Station (1976)
Sousa's Band - The Stars and Stripes Forever (1897)

Nice mix, ain't it?

4. Ranking for the best newcomer (excluding songs in the EOY 2013 spreadsheet):
1188 ("In the Aeroplane Over the Sea")
I'm even more psyched for the update now, it's especially cool to hear that "Matador" is going to be that high and the amount of new top 100 entries is just astounding :D
Henrik wrote: 5. All-time rank for "Get Lucky":
Congratulations to LukeJR68, who got the right answer!
It's just incredible how many of you who were really close on this one!
PlasticRam 44
JR, Kingoftonga and Nick 45
GucciLittlePiggy 49
46 has got to be a correct result then! :D
It feels good to be right, but it feels even better to think that "Get Lucky" will probably be among the top 5 songs of the 21st century quite soon :music-listening:
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Luke JR68 wrote:
Henrik wrote:I might regret this, as there's still a lot of work to be done until the update (I came home from the holiday late last night), but I see no reason for the songs list to change, so...
Welcome back Henrik, was the holiday absolutely fantastic :greetings-waveyellow: ?
Henrik wrote: 2. Songs in the new all-time top 100 that are currently not in the top 100:

Nice mix, ain't it?

I'm even more psyched for the update now, it's especially cool to hear that "Matador" is going to be that high and the amount of new top 100 entries is just astounding :D
PlasticRam 44
GucciLittlePiggy 49
It feels good to be right, but it feels even better to think that "Get Lucky" will probably be among the top 5 songs of the 21st century quite soon :music-listening:
Is this for real? Did Henrik really post this? Don't play with my heart Luke!
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Nick wrote:
Luke JR68 wrote:

Nice mix, ain't it?

PlasticRam 44
GucciLittlePiggy 49
Is this for real? Did Henrik really post this? Don't play with my heart Luke!
I assure you, I did see Henrik's post. Whatever, we'll figure it all out soon enough!
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Ouch, I hoped no one would have quoted my post before I deleted it. These numbers will probably change, if only by little. I'll be back...
Bruno
Shake Some Action

Post by Bruno »

Too late ... :P
Jonathon
Let's Get It On

Post by Jonathon »

Image it's coming!!!!
digifuwill
Are You Experienced?

Post by digifuwill »

Despite the apparent high turnover in the top 100 songs, I think there will be only one new album in the top 100. There was very little movement in that range last time, and that was after 3 years of new lists, including oodles of best-of-decade lists. It seems natural that each update features incrementally less change.

I think Elvis Presley will continue its upward trend, supplanting Harvest. I have a hard time seeing any of the others between 90-100 moving down more than a notch or two, and I think Off the Wall and Elephant are, if anything, heading in the opposite direction.

Harvest seems like a prime candidate to drop - there are so many other Neil Young albums for critics to honor.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

I missed Henrik's initial post. I realize he intended to take it down, but since the answers to the other quiz questions are all plainly visible here, what was his answer to #1 (number of new albums in the top 100)?
digifuwill
Are You Experienced?

Post by digifuwill »

He didn't answer that one yet.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”