Original Sound Track: 100 essential video game albums

Pierre
Into the Groove

Original Sound Track: 100 essential video game albums

Post by Pierre »

Hello guys!

I'm sending this message to signal that French editor Pix'n Love (dedicated to video game history) is publishing a limited-edition book with 100 essential video game soundtracks:

http://www.editionspixnlove.com/Tous-no ... e.tpl.html

I'm not sure I'll buy it, €38.00 sounds rather expensive (although it also includes another book telling the history of video games music), but I may, given my love of pop culture. In the meantime, maybe it will be of interest to a video games fan who would be willing to post the list here.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Re: Original Sound Track: 100 essential video game albums

Post by JimmyJazz »

This is really cool! I love great video game soundtracks, be they originally composed or compiled from pop music. I have actually been doing some internet scouring of people's individual favorite game songs from specific series to find the best compositions in those series (i.e. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, etc.)

But, Pierre, I would strongly suggest that this topic gets moved to general discussions instead, as this section is technically devoted to pop music lists.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

I, personally, maintain that the soundtrack to Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best thing to ever come out of a video game.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:This is really cool! I love great video game soundtracks, be they originally composed or compiled from pop music. I have actually been doing some internet scouring of people's individual favorite game songs from specific series to find the best compositions in those series (i.e. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, etc.)

But, Pierre, I would strongly suggest that this topic gets moved to general discussions instead, as this section is technically devoted to pop music lists.
Actually, I'm unsure whether such a list would be eligible or not. After all, jazz, Broadway and some original soundtracks (I'm thinking about Star Wars) do not qualify as pop music and are included on the site. I posted it here hoping: 1. someone might buy the book and post the list 2. it would be eligible. I guess if it's not, then maybe it could indeed be moved to the general discussions thread.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Pierre wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:This is really cool! I love great video game soundtracks, be they originally composed or compiled from pop music. I have actually been doing some internet scouring of people's individual favorite game songs from specific series to find the best compositions in those series (i.e. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, etc.)

Actually, I'm unsure whether such a list would be eligible or not. After all, jazz, Broadway and some original soundtracks (I'm thinking about Star Wars) do not qualify as pop music and are included on the site. I posted it here hoping: 1. someone might buy the book and post the list 2. it would be eligible. I guess if it's not, then maybe it could indeed be moved to the general discussions thread.
Now that you do mention it, you have a point. I was wondering if any film soundtracks could be eligible for the AM site as well? Because there are a lot of "greatest film soundtracks" lists that I could post if they were deemed eligible. They come from film-specific sources, of course, but then again all genre related lists are also included in the site on the condition that they are from genre-specific sources. I could easily find the same with video game soundtracks. There are so many amazing game composers and tunes out there that, in this day and age, should get there moment in the sun as well, IMO.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

I agree with you, JimmyJazz, and I'm hoping for them to get more recognition with time. I have a suggestion: if Henrik does accept such lists, it might be helpful for him to make a topic that collect all these, like Blanco did for Latino music lists.

If Henrik thinks such lists do not qualify for inclusion, I would still be interested to see them myself, so you could still post them in the general discussion thread?
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

It's interesting that this is coming up now as I was about to ask if film score lists could be added to this site. Since some scores are already there I'd say they could and if so I can't think of an argument to exclude game music lists. However, it raises some questions about eligibillity. I know quite a few film music lists by film magazines and websites, but they usually don't specifically write about music, wich seems to be the requirement here. Film sites/ magazines write about film and only occasionaly about music. Same goes for game reviewers, I guess, with sometime exceptions like this book.

When would such a list qualify, if it does? I guess reasons could be found to exclude them altogether.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

I think this list would be eligible, but as Rob said, these lists have to be about music only, and not the overall quality of the game.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Thanks for your answer, Henrik. Well, I guess it would take a French-speaking person to confirm the entries in the book are about music only. If no other French-speaking member on the forum is interested in buying it, maybe I will in the future.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

There'd better be the Jet Set Radio Soundtrack in here (the only one to get 2 votes in one of our albums polls I think... well, I voted for the original one and VanillaFire for Jet Set Radio Future but let's not be picky)
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Nassim wrote:There'd better be the Jet Set Radio Soundtrack in here (the only one to get 2 votes in one of our albums polls I think... well, I voted for the original one and VanillaFire for Jet Set Radio Future but let's not be picky)
Oh, it will probably be (would be extremely surprised not to find it). It is consistently ranked as one of the very best VG soundtracks of all Time. Of course, this book, like most film and VG soundtracks, will feature both Orginaln soundtracks and compiled soundtracks (such as Jet Set and GTA).

As for your question, Henrik, the majority of my lists DO come from music publications, or general pop culture ones, and focus on the scores themselves.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Well, I don't know about the exact content of the book. Judging by the cover, there may be at least a Halo and Zelda entry, and maybe Portal, Bioshock and Metal Gear Solid ones if I recognize them well. But well, as I said that's judging the book by the cover.

EDIT: well, just as I was writing that, I stumbled upon those:

http://www.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/12585/182985.png

http://www.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/12585/182988.png

So, for you who don't speak French: judging on those 2 abstracts, the reviews are indeed mainly about music more than the games. And there's that section down on the right which says "Si cet album vous a plu, peut-être aimerez-vous :" which means "If you liked this album, maybe you will like:". That's right, actually this book contents might be even more massive than I thought. I more and more feel like I will buy it.

Just to give an idea, here are the entries:

- Koji Kondo, The Legend of Zelda SOUND & DRAMA

Si cet album vous a plu, peut-être aimerez-vous :
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Original Sound Track
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Hyrule Symphony
- STARFOX 64 Original Soundtrack

and

- Kow Otani, Wander and the Colossus Original Soundtrack: Roar of the Earth

- Elemental Gearbolt Original Sound Track & Drama
- Journey Original Soundtrack
- AZEL -PanzerDragoonRPG- COMPLETE ALBUM

What is bugging me here is that the composer is given for the main entry, but not for the complementary ones. Extra work expected :?
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Additionally, some of those albums are compilations of the music from multiple games. The main Zelda entry he chose is the soundtracks from BOTH the original 1986 LoZ and 1992's A Link to the Past. So, there is the question of how the soundtracks are represented as well.

Also, for those who are wondering, the Kow Otani soundtrack is Shadow of the Colossus.

As a side note: Did they have to go with TWO Ocarina soundtracks? I love that game (and it's music) to death, but there are other great Zelda soundtracks as well, particularly Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Also, on the issue of Koji Kondo scores, the non-Zelda entry was Star Fox 64? Good game and good soundtrack, don't get me wrong, but I would think Mario World or Mario 64 would be much more likely. On that record, does Mario even have an entry I wonder? Would be pretty bizarre if it didn't as well. Well, we will see...
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

The Zelda choice makes sense since it seems the soundtrack to the first game was never released before (and for that matter, according to Wikipedia, SOUND & DRAMA was the very first soundtrack release for the Zelda series, so I guess it's understandable).

Besides, I would be extremely surprised if there was no entry for Mario and Super Smash Bros. So, I don't believe they apply a strict one album-per-artist rule. But I don't know, so I may be wrong.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

You're right about the Sound and Drama album. Totally didn't read that part of that article. Still, even with both games' soundtracks combined, some may argue that is more of a compilation still. Yet, on the other hand, they were the two original soundtracks put on CD for the first time ever, so... So many questions!
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

I will call for the basic rules about compilations on AM.net, as I remember them: "is considered a compilation an album on which the majority of the material was either released on other albums or released several decades before." Well, that's more or less this, right? Given that all songs on SOUND & DRAMA were never released on vinyl or CD before, that unless demonstrated otherwise, NES and SNES cartridges are by no means considered conventional music storage formats (curiously, it can be debatable if you explore the chiptune scene, but that doesn't apply presently) and that the oldest material dates back from 1986, eight years before the release date of 1994, I consider SOUND & DRAMA an album of original material. Any objection? ;)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

So, I just received the book that I ordered (somehow I knew from the beginning I would do it). I went through it quickly and people will certainly be pleased to learn that Jet Set Radio and GTA (the entry is San Andreas) are indeed in!

There's a Super Mario entry too, although it's not the most likely: the chosen one is "Super Mario World"; like for Zelda, it's the first album released in the series and not only has the music from SMW, but also Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2 as well.

Two surprises: no entry for Super Smash Bros. (maybe it's a complementary entry somewhere but I'm not sure), and the chosen episode in the Final Fantasy series is the VI. I would have expected the VII or the VIII (all the more so since the author admits he is a fan of the latter game), but oh well, that may be the very first list of albums in the genre, hopefully more will come.

I will write it down soon and post it, although as I said, there are no info on the authorship and release dates of the complementary entries, so posting will likely be delayed until I get those. Also, as a last side-note: there seems to be some overlap between the main and complementary entries sometime.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Some more additional notes: there's a bias towards Japanese video games, but in my opinion, that's legit, after all video game soundtracks have been released in Japan since the end of the 80s, while it only became a thing elsewhere in recent years.

In the book, the list is classed in the alphabetical order of game titles (which is sometimes different from the name of the album; I once again make it clear the book is about the music, not the games), which is normal from the viewpoint of a gamer; after all, they will be looking for the music of their favourite game first, things like the exact album name, composer and release dates will come after. I'll follow the same plan, not only because it's more simple for me, but also because that's what most people coming here will be looking for.

Besides the "Si cet album vous a plu, peut-être aimerez-vous :" subsections on the album page, some games also feature an additional double page called "Autour du même jeu" (which means "About the same game"), which are presenting even more albums of music from that game, this time with new arrangements (piano-only, orchestral... ) and remixes.

What else? Some albums are definitely featuring music from several games, but they do not necessarily qualify as compilations. If I feel an album necessits to have its content clarified, I'll had info in brackets [] below the data.

I will end by saying I actually like the selection. It's not necessarily what most gamers will be expecting, and there's a real feeling that the guy has been making thorough research. There are few of my favourite games (and favourite game music, for that matter) in the book, but the contents are interesting nonetheless. I will let you judge once I'll be done writing it down.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Super Mario World's soundtrack is usually, from my research, the most popular pick, so no surprises there. I think the wonderful orchestrated soundtracks to the Mario Galaxy games could have garnered a mention as well, but oh well.

Final Fantasy VI is my favorite FF, so I don't really mind, though, honestly, Nobuo Uematsu's soundtracks to all of the games are so amazing. Smash Bros was probably excluded on the basis that it is mostly a remix of various Nintendo game scores, which I can understand.

The Japanese bias I can also understand. While there are definitely some really great Western game soundtracks (Halo, Elder Scrolls, Deus Ex, Red Dead Redemption, BioShock immediately come to mind), Japanese soundtracks often have more variety going in their favor. Just with Final Fantasy, you have tunes that are written in the style of classical, opera, techno, metal, new age, J-pop, traditional Asian music, etc. Similarly, with say, Zelda, the soundtracks often had a certain style depending on the game. The first four Zelda's had a very traditional sounding score, but come the 3D games, you had very noticeable change in style. In Ocarina of Time, there were many songs with a Middle Eastern/South Asian vibe, Majora had a large Oriental influence, and Wind Waker had a lot of Celtic and South American influences.

In fact often the most memorable Western game soundtracks (GTA, BioShock) feature a large amount of actual licensed music from the pop world, so there you go.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Just a little update to tell you where I am currently: I'm done with writing down the entire list and I'm currently going all over it once to fill the complementary entries with the missing info, with the help of VGMdb.net (which the authors have obviously used as well) and some other sources. Once I'll be done, I'll go through it one last time to sort out the few compilations (because there are a few box sets in it, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are compilations) before ultimately posting it. I'm not sure I'll be done tonight and during the week I'll have work to do, so I'll have little time to work on it. I hope to be done by tonight, but if not, I will post it during the week or next WE at the very worst.

Little teasers:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is in as a complementary entry to Rayman Legends (I guess some people will cry reading this).

For hip-hop lovers: beside Jet Set Radio, other main entries in hip-hop styles are Madworld, PaRappa the Rapper and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, not counting GTA San Andreas.

Seiken Densetsu is the only series to actually have two albums featured as main entries.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Pierre wrote:Super Mario Galaxy 2 is in as a complementary entry to Rayman Legends (I guess some people will cry reading this).
Why exactly would some "cry"? Because that ain't happening over on my end... Seriously Legends is one of the most acclaimed platformers in recent years, and so is Mario Galaxy 2. Makes perfect sense to me...
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:
Pierre wrote:Super Mario Galaxy 2 is in as a complementary entry to Rayman Legends (I guess some people will cry reading this).
Why exactly would some "cry"? Because that ain't happening over on my end... Seriously Legends is one of the most acclaimed platformers in recent years, and so is Mario Galaxy 2. Makes perfect sense to me...
Ah, then it's OK. I just thought that from the musical point of view, people would consider SMG2 a superior soundtrack over Rayman Legends. On this point, I thought some people would disagree. But if it's OK for you, then I guess I was guessing wrong.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

The strange thing about it is that the soundtracks of Rayman Legends and Mario Galaxy are totally unalike, though they are both masterpieces in their genres. Mario Galaxy is very orchestral, like light classical music, while Rayman Legends skews towards rock.

Any mention of Xenoblade Chronicles, which has one of the best game soundtracks I know? The game is a bit under the radar, but if this book is biased towards Japanese games it might get by.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Rob wrote:Any mention of Xenoblade Chronicles, which has one of the best game soundtracks I know? The game is a bit under the radar, but if this book is biased towards Japanese games it might get by.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem Rob. Xenogears and Xenosaga II and III are in, but Xenoblade apparently didn't make it. :|
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Xenogears is more famous, but still has an awesome soundtrack as well. The whole Xeno series has great soundtracks honestly. What about Chrono Trigger or any Shin Megami Tensei/Persona entries?
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:Xenogears is more famous, but still has an awesome soundtrack as well. The whole Xeno series has great soundtracks honestly. What about Chrono Trigger or any Shin Megami Tensei/Persona entries?
The author has chosen Chrono Cross as the Chrono entry. Both Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne and Persona3 are main entries in the book (so I guess the author considers them both separate series, or you can see my declaration above that Seiken Densetsu is the only series with 2 entries as incorrect), with Persona4 as a complementary entry. The author seems particularly fond of Persona3's music, as it is one of these entries with an "Autour du même jeu" section, featuring three albums of arrangements.

Edit: and if you consider it a Shin Megami Tensei game, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is in as a complementary entry as well.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Hello guys. This time, the list is ready.

I have a few things to say before actually posting it: it's probable that people will find the presentation somewhat confusing. This is due to three facts:

- Japanese have absolutely no conception of Western typography, so the use of upper and lower cases and such stuff is delirious;

- There's an amount of information that is pretty useless; but I tried to transcribe the info as they were presented in the book, so there are things that are not relevant to the list's eventual inclusion on AM.net, but that's how the book presented the data.

- Given the fact that video game soundtracks are often considered second-rate music, the way they are released is very multifaceted: Internet releases, promotional releases, discs from one same soundtrack enjoying separate releases and being collected in box sets, etc. Furthermore, sometimes the name of the album is different from the name of the game.

I have tried my best to track down the relevant info for the albums and simplify the presentation as much as possible. Here's how a typical entry is built:

The Legend of Zelda
Album name: The Legend of Zelda SOUND & DRAMA
Composer: Kōji Kondō
Arrangement: Yoshiyuki Itō, Masumi Itō
Label: Sony Records
Release date: 22/06/1994

The name in bold above is the name of the game.
The entry is then followed by a Si cet album vous a plu, peut-être aimerez-vous : (If you liked this album, you may also like) section and sometimes an Autour du même jeu : (About the same game) section. I had the composer, arrangement, label and release date for the main entries and the Autour du même jeu : sections, but not the Si cet album vous a plu, peut-être aimerez-vous : sections, so I had to hunt them down (VGMdb was a big help).

More specifically, here's another exemple with a few more things I'd like to decipher for you:

Ar tonelico
Album name: kurt hymneth ~Kami to Taiwashita Uta~ Ar tonelico hymnos concert Complete BOX [Compilation]
Composers: Akira Tsuchiya, Daisuke Achiwa, Ken Nakagawa [+ Akiko Shikata, Takashige Inagaki, Haruka Shimotsuki, Eiichiro Yanagi, Yōko Ueno, KOKIA, Kenji Itō, Kazuki Yanagawa, Maiko Iuchi, Yoshitaka Hirota, HIR, Dani]
Arrangement: Akira Tsuchiya, Akiko Shikata, Daisuke Achiwa, Takashige Inagaki, Ken Nakagawa, JUNK, Eiichiro Yanagi, Yōko Ueno, Masumi Itō, Kazuki Yanagawa, Kenji Itō, Maiko Iuchi, Dani, Yoshitaka Hirota, HIR
Label: Gust (Frontier Works)
Release date: 06/02/2013

Here, beside the name of the album, you can see a [Compilation] in brackets and in bold. I used these brackets with text in bold to add important info for classifying the album: Compilation, Arrangements, Remix, and more detailed stuff when the situation is a bit more confusing.

Below, beside the main composers, you can see in brackets and italic with a plus [+ ] the names of other composers who had less important input on the album. For this exemple, if Henrik does include the list on AM.net, the album should only be credited to the main composers (presently, the album is a compilation so it won't be included anyway).

There are some instances of albums being credited to bands, however, the concept is much looser in the video game music industry than elsewhere. For instance, "Zuntata" was the in-house band of Taito Corporation and his members were the usual composers of the company. That's why, in those cases, the main composer will be Zuntata and in brackets will follow the names of the actual members, without the plus, because they are not additional composers for the game [ ]. The presence of these cases is when the book attributed the albums to their actual composers while common use is to attribute the album to the band.

The Arrangement part credits the album to people who, of course did the arrangements. That may look pointless here but for the albums that are specifically collections of remixes or arranged songs, it is much more relevant, although I think the albums should still be credited to the main composers as a way to make things more simple.

Otherwise, there are two regular albums and one debatable case of regular album in the book, because the history of the album's artists and contents are linked to video game music in some way. In those cases (except for the debatable one), I dropped the composer and arrangement parts and simply attributed the album to the artist, as you will see.

I'm going to post the list tomorrow. I tried my best to make it the most readable possible, and that was already a huge amount of work. I hope you will like it anyway.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan Wars
Album name: ACE COMBAT ZERO THE BELKAN WARS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Keiki Kobayashi [+Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Junichi Nakatsuru, Hiroshi Ōkubo]
Arrangement: -
Label: King Records
Release date: 31/05/2006

Album name: Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies Original Sound Tracks
Composers: Keiki Kobayashi [+ Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Hiroshi Okubo, Katsuro Tajima, Agustin Barrios Mangore]
Arrangement: Keiki Kobayashi, Katsuro Tajima
Label: Scitron Digital Contents (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 19/12/2001

Album name: FRONT MISSION 5 ~Scars of the War~ Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hidenori Iwasaki [+Kenichiro Fukui, Hayato Matsuo, Yasuhiro Yamanaka, Masayoshi Soken]
Arrangement: Norihito Sumitomo, Hidenori Iwasaki, Yasuhiro Yamanaka
Label: Square Enix (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 25/01/2006

Album name: 0 day Attack on Earth. Original Soundtrack
Composers: Emagicker, Go Sato, Ko Hayashi
Label: Square Enix
Release date: 23/12/2009

----

Akumajō Dracula X Gekka no Yasōkyoku
Album name: Akumajō Dracula X ~Gekka no Nocturne~ Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: Michiru Yamane [+akiropito, Rika Muranaka, Tony Haynes, Jeff Lorber, Sanoppi]
Arrangement: Michiru Yamane, Akira Yamaoka, Rika Muranaka, Jeff Lorber
Label: Konami (King Records)
Release date: 09/04/1997

Album name: OZ ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: Michiru Yamane
Arrangement: Michiru Yamane
Label: Konami Digital Entertainment
Release date: 11/12/2007

Album name: Chaos Legion Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hideyuki Fukasawa [+Toru Minami]
Arrangement: Manabu Oshio, Toru Minami
Label: Suleputer (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 09/04/2003

-----

Alundra
Album name: Alundra Original Game Soundtrack
Composer: Kōhei Tanaka
Arrangement: Kōhei Tanaka, Masami Kishimura
Label: Antinos Records (Sony Music Entertainment Japan)
Release date: 21/05/1997

Album name: Breath of Fire III Original Sound Track
Composer: Akari Kaida, Yoshino Aoki
Arrangement: Akari Kaida, Yoshino Aoki, Tomohiro Masuda
Label: first smile (Pony Canyon)
Release date: 19/09/1997

Album name: THE LEGAIA Original Soundtrack
Composer: Michiru Oshima
Arrangement: Michiru Oshima, Koichi Yamazaki
Label: SPE Visual Works
Release date: 21/11/1998

Album name: Alundra 2 Original Soundtrack
Composer: Kohei Tanaka
Arrangement: Masami Kishimura
Release date: 18/12/1999

----

Ar tonelico
Album name: kurt hymneth ~Kami to Taiwashita Uta~ Ar tonelico hymnos concert Complete BOX [Compilation]
Composers: Akira Tsuchiya, Daisuke Achiwa, Ken Nakagawa [+ Akiko Shikata, Takashige Inagaki, Haruka Shimotsuki, Eiichiro Yanagi, Yōko Ueno, KOKIA, Kenji Itō, Kazuki Yanagawa, Maiko Iuchi, Yoshitaka Hirota, HIR, Dani]
Arrangement: Akira Tsuchiya, Akiko Shikata, Daisuke Achiwa, Takashige Inagaki, Ken Nakagawa, JUNK, Eiichiro Yanagi, Yōko Ueno, Masumi Itō, Kazuki Yanagawa, Kenji Itō, Maiko Iuchi, Dani, Yoshitaka Hirota, HIR
Release date: 06/02/2013

Album name: Ar tonelico II ~The Girl’s Metafalica That Echoes to the World~ Original Soundtrack
Composer: Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa, Akira Tsuchiya [+ Akiko Shikata]
Arrangement: Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa, Akira Tsuchiya, Akiko Shikata
Label: TEAM Entertainment (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 10/10/2007

Album name: Harmonia [Regular album]
Artist: Akiko Shikata
Label: avex trax
Release date: 18/03/2009

Album name: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC OST (1 & 2) [Two albums]
Composer: Chikayo Fukuda
Label: Victor Entertainment
Release date: 23/08/2006 (OST 1), 24/01/2007 (OST 2)

----

Assassin’s Creed II
Album name: Assassin’s Creed II Original Game Soundtrack
Composer: Jesper Kyd
Arrangement: Jason Poss
Label: Ubisoft Music
Release date: 16/11/2009

Album name: Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Original Game Soundtrack
Arrangement: Benoit Gray
Release date: 16/11/2010

Album name: Darksiders II Original Soundtrack
Arrangement: Jesper Kyd
Label: Sumthing Else Music Works
Release date: 14/08/2012

Album name: Borderlands Original Soundtrack
Composer: Jesper Kyd, Raison Varner, Sascha Dikiciyan, Cris Velasco
Release date: 08/12/2009

----

Bare Knuckle
Album name: BARE KNUCKLE Original Soundtrack
Composer: Yūzō Koshiro
Arrangement: Yūzō Koshiro, Teruhei Yamasaki
Label: G.M.O. Records / Alfa Records (Nippon Columbia)
Release date: 21/09/1991

Album name: THE SUPER SHINOBI & WORKS
Arrangement: Yūzō Koshiro
Label: G.M.O. Records / Alfa Records (Warner-Pioneer)
Release date: 25/12/1989

Album name: BARE KNUCKLE II
Composer: Yūzō Koshiro [+ Motohiro Kawashima]
Arrangement: Yūzō Koshiro [+ Motohiro Kawashima]
Label: G.M.O. Records / Alfa Records
Release date: 21/01/1993

Album name: The Scheme Sound Track
Label: Scitron Digital Contents
Release date: 21/08/2002

----

Baroque
Album name: BAROQUE Original Soundtrack
Composer: Masaharu Iwata
Arrangement: Masaharu Iwata, John Pee, Toshiaki Sakoda
Label: DigiCube (SME Intermedia)
Release date: 21/05/1998

Album name:Galerians Perfect Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: parasite eve Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: METROID PRIME & FUSION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS
Composer: Kenji Yamamoto [+ Kouichi Kyuma, Minako Hamano, Akira Fujiwara]
Arrangement: Shinji Hosoe
Release date: 18/01/2003

----

Beatmania IIDX 6th Style
Album name: beatmania IIDX 6th style Original Soundtracks
Composers: Various Artists [Vincent de Moor, dj TAKA, Tomoyuki Uchida, Naoki Maeda, LRaimondi, A.Contini, G.Pasquini, A.Gatti, A.Leonardi, Tatsuya Furukawa, Shōichirō Hirata, Takayuki Ishikawa, Tomoyuki Tanaka, Dan Miyakawa, Yukihiro Fukutomi, Hiroshi Takeyasu, Arnold Goland, Jack Gold, Serge Gainsbourg, Osamu Kubota, Ayako Sasō, Aya Sakuma, Shinji Hosoe, Jun Wakita, TaQ, tiger YAMATO, NIKI, MAZIK K, S.Oliva, D.J. SETUP, U.S.G!, SPŌN, napakick (Yūji Kano, Masayuki Takahashi), Maki Kirioka, Shūichi Kobori, Toshiyuki Kakuta, Hiroyuki Tōgo]
Arrangement: Tomoyuki Tanaka, Dan Miyakawa, Masayuki Kumahara, Yukihiro Fukutomi
Label: Konami Music Entertainment (King Records)
Release date: 23/01/2002

Album name: beatmania 5th style Original Soundtracks
Composers: Various Artists [Akira Yamaoka, K.Ueno, TaQ, Tomosuke Funaki, Haruomi Hosono, Tomoyuki Uchida, Shoichiro Hirata, Osamu Kubota, Kiyotaka Sugimoto, good-cool, Jun Wakita, Takayuki Ishikawa, Shinji Hosoe, Aya Sakuma, Naoki Maeda, Kazuhiro Senoo, Antonio Vivaldi, dj TAKA, Benno de Goeij, Toshiyuki Kakuta, Hiroyuki Togo, Kimitaka Matsumae, napakick]
Arrangement: dj TAKA
Release date: 27/06/2001

Album name: DanceDanceRevolution ULTIMATE DANCE COLLECTION – POP – [Compilation]
Composers: Various Artists [NAOKI MAEDA, jun, Lea Drop, Shoichiro Hirata, U1-ASAMi, DAISUKE ASAKURA, Shuichi Kobori, TACOS NAOMI, Hiroyoshi Kato, Tatsuya "Tatsh" Shimizu, Yasuhiro Abe, DJ Yoshitaka, TOMOSUKE, Nick Adam, D-crew]
Arrangement: Cyril, jun, NAOKI MAEDA, Black Rose Garden, Shoichiro Hirata, U1-ASAMi, DAISUKE ASAKURA, Shuichi Kobori, TACOS NAOMI, Yashiro Shinpei, John Hancock, Hiroyoshi Kato, Tatsuya "Tatsh" Shimizu, Lea Drop, Yasuhiro Abe, Cube::Hard, DJ Yoshitaka, TOMOSUKE, HΛL, Nick Adam, D-Crew, DDT, Clubstar
Release date: 28/01/2010

Album name: pop’n music – Cafe music selection – [Unclear – probably a compilation]
Composers: Various Artists [Café Bongo Mango, Bongo Mango Session Band, BE THE VOICE, hacomaco, HAYABUSA, tomoko kataoka, Sana, MAYUKI, 大嶋大輔, 岡めぐみ, 常盤ゆう]
Arrangement: Hiroyuki "Chief" Togo
Release date: 14/02/2009

----

BioShock
Album name: I Am Rapture – Rapture Is Me: Official BioShock Score
Composer: Garry Schyman
Label: 2K Games
Release date: 09/02/2010

Album name: BioShock 2: The Official Soundtrack – Music from and Inspired by the Game
Composer: Garry Schyman
Label: Legacy Recordings
Release date: 05/02/2010

Album name: Rule of Rose ~ Songs from the Original Soundtrack
Composer: Yutaka Minobe
Arrangement: Yutaka Minobe
Label: Atlus U.S.A.
Release date: 12/09/2006

Album name: ObsCure II: The Soundtrack
Composer: Olivier Derivière
Label: Olivier Derivière official site
Release date: 25/10/2007

----

Breath of Fire V
Album name: Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hitoshi Sakimoto [+ Chihiro Onitsuka]
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto
Label: Suleputer
Release date: 21/12/2002

Album name: Final Fantasy XII Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hitoshi Sakimoto [+ Hayato Matsuo, Masaharu Iwata, Nobuo Uematsu, Taro Hakase, Yuji Toriyama]
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Hayato Matsuo, Masaharu Iwata, Kenichiro Fukui, Yuji Toriyama, Robin Smith
Label: Aniplex

Album name: Odin Sphere Original Soundtrack
Composers: Basiscape [Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Kimihiro Abe, Manabu Namiki]
Arrangement: Nami Uehara
Label: Five Records (Geneon Entertainment)
Release date: 24/10/2007

Album name: Valkyria Chronicles Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hitoshi Sakimoto [+ Daisuke Kawaguchi]
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto, CHOKKAKU, Natsumi Kameoka, Noriyuki Kamikura, Kimihiro Abe, Nicole Brady
Release date: 21/05/2008

----

Sid Meier’s Civilization V
Album name: Sid Meier’s Civilization V Original Soundtrack
Composers: Michael Curran, Geoff Knorr [+ Ian Smith]
Label: 2K Games
Release date: 21/09/2010

Album name: Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Composers: Michael Curran, Geoff Knorr
Arrangement: Geoff Knorr
Label: Take-Two Interactive
Release date: 19/06/2012

Album name: Uru Music
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures Original Soundtrack
Composers: Knut Avenstroup Haugen [+ Turbonegro]
Arrangement: Knut Avenstroup Haugen
Label: Edel Records
Release date: 01/12/2008

----

Chaosfield
Album name: CHAOSFIELD SOUND TRACK
Composers: Kou Hayashi, Daisuke Nagata
Label: Milestone INC.
Release date: 28/10/2004

Album name: KAROUS original soundtrack SPRING RAIN
Arrangement: Shinji Hosoe, Ayako Saso, Yousuke Yasui, Takanori Sato
Label: SuperSweep
Release date: 15/08/2007

Album name: Radirgy Original Soundtrack
Release date: 22/02/2006

Album name: Rez/Gamer’s Guide to… [Unclear, maybe a compilation]
[Main entry overlap]

----

Chrono Cross
Album name: CHRONO CROSS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda
Arrangement: Yasunori Mitsuda

Album name: an cinniùint
Label: Sleigh Bells / Procyon Studio (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 25/12/2001

Album name: Xenogears Original Soundtrack
Arrangement: Yasunori Mitsuda, Petar Liondev
Release date: 01/03/1998

Album name: Legaia Duel Saga Original Soundtrack
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Yasunori Mitsuda, Michiru Oshima
Label: MOVIC
Release date: 09/03/2002

----

Darius
Album name: Darius
Composer: Hisayoshi Ogura
Arrangement: Nabuhito (UNA) Tanahashi
Label: Pony Canyon, Scitron Label
Release date: 21/08/1992

Album name: Zuntata Live ’90 – G.S.M. Taito –
Composer: Zuntata [Hisayoshi Ogura, Masahiko Takaki, Yasuhisa Watanabe]
Arrangement: Zuntata
Release date: 21/11/1990

Album name: Darius II – G.S.M. TAITO 4 – / ZUNTATA
Composer: Zuntata [Hisayoshi Ogura, Masahiko Takaki]
Arrangement: Zuntata
Release date: 21/11/1989

Album name: DARIUS REMIX [Remix]
Composer: Zuntata [Hisayoshi Ogura, Yasuhiko Tanaka, Naoto Yagishita, Tsukasa Nakamura, Eikichi Takahashi, Masahiko Takaki]
Arrangement: Ayako Saso, Shinji Hosoe, Yoshimi Kudo, Takanori Sato, Kimihiro Abe, Noriyuki Kamikura, Azusa Chiba, Manabu Namiki
Release date: 29/12/2007

----

Dead Space
Album name: Dead Space Original Videogame Soundtrack
Composer: Jason Graves
Label: E.A.R.S.
Release date: 01/11/2008

Album name: Dead Space 2: Original Videogame Score
Composer: Jason Graves
Release date: 25/01/2011

Album name: I Am Rapture – Rapture Is Me: Official BioShock Score
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Gears of War The Soundtrack
Composer: Kevin Riepl
Arrangement: Tim Simonec, Chris Tilton
Release date: 31/07/2007

----

deathsmiles
Album name: deathsmiles original sound track
Composer: Manabu Namiki [+ Takayuki Hirose, Natsuko Naitou, J.S. Bach]
Label: Cave
Release date: 26/05/2008

[Additional entry overlap – see Akumajō Dracula X Gekka no Yasōkyoku]

Album name: LORD of VERMILION Original Soundtrack
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
Arrangement: Kimio Itoyama, Satoshi Henmi
Label: Dog Ear Records (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 01/01/2009

Album name: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU BLACK LABEL Arrange Mode Album [Arrangements]
Composer: Manabu Namiki
Arrangement: Jake "Virt" Kaufman
Release date: 19/02/2011

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: Manabu Namiki Selection Deathsmiles Premium Arrange Album [Arrangements]
Composer: Manabu Namiki
Arrangement: Various Artists [Manabu Namiki, Yasuhisa Watanabe, Toshiya Yamanaka, Sōshi Hosoi, Yoshimi Kudō, Ryū Umemoto, Raito, Azusa Chiba, Shūichirō Nakazawa, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Noriyuki Kamikura, Norihiro Furukawa, Masaharu Iwata, Kimihiro Abe]
Release date: 23/04/2009

Album name: Deathsmiles Arrange Album [Arrangements]
Composers: Manabu Namiki, Ryū Takami
Arrangement: Various Artists [Kohta Takahashi, Kenji Itō, Kenichirō Fukui, Ryū Umemoto, Hiroki Kikuta, Soyo Oka, Junya Nakano, Yasuhisa Watanabe, Tsukasa Masuko, Monster Zoo, Akira Yamaoka, Yūzō Koshiro, Nariyuki Iwadare, Eriko Imura, TECHNOuchi, Ippō Yamada]
Release date: 15/05/2010

----

Devil May Cry
Album name: Devil May Cry ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Masami Ueda, Misao Senbongi, Masato Kouda
Release Date: 15/10/2004

Album name: BIOHAZARD 2 COMPLETE TRACK
Composers: Masami Ueda, Shusaku Uchiyama, Syun Nishigaki
Label: Suleputer (SME Intermedia)
Release Date: 21/08/1998

Album name: DEVIL MAY CRY 2 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Tetsuya Shibata, Satoshi Ise, Masato Kouda
Release Date: 15/10/2004

Album name: Devil May Cry 4 Original Soundtrack
Composers: Various Artists [Tetsuya Shibata, Kento Hasegawa, Masami Ueda, Shusaku Uchiyama, Kota Suzuki, Akihiko Narita, Rei Kondoh, CHAMY.Ishi, Shinichiro Sato]
Arrangement: Tetsuya Shibata, Shusaku Uchiyama
Release Date: 27/02/2008

----

Diablo
Album name: The Music of Diablo 1996-2011: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary
Composer: Matt Uelmen
Label: Blizzard Entertainment
Release date: 21/10/2011

Album name: Path of Exile Soundtrack
Composer: Adgio Hutchings, Gautier Serre
Label: Grinding Gear Games
Release date: 04/10/2012

Album name: Torchlight II – The Original Soundtrack
Composer: Matt Uelmen [+ Bedřich Smetana]
Arrangement: Matt Uelmen
Label: Runic Games
Release date: 18/09/2012

Album name: Diablo III Collector’s Edition Soundtrack
Composer: Russell Brower [+ Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford, Joseph Lawrence, Neal Acree, Laurence Juber, Edo Guidotti]
Label: Blizzard Entertainment
Release date: 15/05/2012

----

Disgaea
Album name: Makai Senki Disgaea Original Sound Track Reprint
Composer: Tenpei Satō
Label: Nippon Ichi Software
Release date: 30/11/2006

Album name: Makai Senki Disgaea Arrange Soundtrack [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Tenpei Satō
Label: MOVIC
Release date: 28/06/2003

Album name: Phantom Brave Arrange Sound Tracks [Arrangements]
Release date: 21/04/2004

Album name: Soul Cradle Arrange Track [Arrangements]
Label: Happinet
Release date: 25/04/2007

----

Donkey Kong Country 2
Album name: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest – The Original Donkey Kong Country 2 Soundtrack
Composer: David Wise
Label: Nintendo of America
Release date: 01/11/1995

Album name: DJ Jamz: The Original Donkey Kong Country Soundtrack
Composer: Robin Beanland, Eveline Fischer, David Wise
Arrangement: Yoshiyuki Ito
Release date: 01/03/1995

Album name: Diddy Kong Racing Original Soundtrack
Composer: David Wise
Label: Pony Canyon
Release date: 01/04/1998

Album name: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble! Original Soundtrack
Composer: David Wise, Eveline Fischer
Release date: 01/11/1996

----

Drag-On Dragoon
Album name: DRAG-ON DRAGOON Original Soundtrack
Composer: Takayuki Aihara, Nobuyoshi Sano [sampling Dvořák, Bartók, Debussy, Mahler, Mozart, Tchaïkovsky, Respighi, Wagner, Rimsky-Korsakov, Moussorgski, Holst]
Release date: 20/04/2011

Album name: Dead Space Original Videogame Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Dante’s Inferno Original Videogame Score
Composer: Garry Schyman, Paul Gorman
Release date: 09/02/2010

Album name: DRAG-ON DRAGOON 2 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composer: Yoshiki Aoi, Ryoki Matsumoto [+ Nobuyoshi Sano, SATOMI]
Arrangement: Yoshiki Aoi, Ken Shima
Label: Sony Music Associated Records
Release date: 20/07/2005

----

Dragon Quest X
Album name: Wii U Version Dragon Quest X Original Soundtrack
Composer: Kōichi Sugiyama
Label: SUGI Label / King Records
Release date: 24/07/2013

Album name: Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Kōichi Sugiyama
Label: SUGI Label / King Records
Release date: 05/12/2012

Album name: Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest IV Guided People [Arrangements + Original]
Label: Apollon Music Industrial Corp.
Release date: 13/03/1990

Album name: Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest Best Selection ~Roto~ Vol. 1 [Compilation]
Release date: 21/07/1997

----

echochrome
Album name: MUGEN KAIROU ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
Composer: Hideki Sakamoto

Album name: echochrome ii (Mugen Kairou: Hikari to Kage no Hako): a Soundtrack
Composer: Hideki Sakamoto
Label: noisycroak Records (SuperSweep)
Release date: 29/12/2010

Album name: Live Music by Piano and Strings Sekaiju no Meikyū I & II Super Arrange Version [Arrangements]
Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
Arrangement: Norihiko Hibino
Label: 5pb. Records (Geneon Entertainment)
Release date: 08/10/2008

Album name: Live Music by Piano and Strings 7th Dragon Super Arrange Version [Arrangements]
Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
Arrangement: Norihiko Hibino
Label: 5pb. Records (Geneon Universal Entertainment)
Release date: 24/06/2009

----

Elemental Gearbolt
Album name: Gensei Kyokou Seirei Kidoukan Original Sound Track & Drama
Composer: Kei Wakasuka
Arrangement: Kei Wakasuka
Release date: 21/01/1998

Album name: Dragon Age: Origins Original Videogame Score
Composer: Inon Zur [+ Aubrey Ashburn]
Release date: 08/12/2009

Album name: Wander and the Colossus Original Soundtrack: Roar of the Earth
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: THE LAST STORY Original Soundtrack
Arrangement: Yoshitaka Suzuki, Tsutomu Narita
Label: Dog Ear Records (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 23/02/2011

----

Emil Chronicle Online
Album name: Emil Chronicle Online 6th Anniversary Memorial Soundtrack [can either be considered a compilation or an update of the “Emil Chronicle Online Original Soundtrack 4th Anniversary Memorial Complete Soundtrack” (2009) which included the first three (out of four) CD]
Composers: ACE, Kenji Hiramatsu [+ MANA-B]
Arrangement: ACE, Kenji Hiramatsu
Label: Lantis
Release date: 11/01/2012

Album name: GRANDIA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS I & II [Two albums]
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Gensō Suikoden III Original Soundtrack
Composers: Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura [+ HIMEKAMI, Keiko Fukami]
Arrangement: Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura
Label: Konami Music Entertainment (distributed by King Records)
Release date: 24/07/2002

Album name: Legaia Duel Saga Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Chrono Cross]

----

Enemy Zero
Album name: ENEMY ZERO original soundtrack
Composer: Michael Nyman
Release date: 18/04/1997

Album name: Demon’s Souls Soundtracks
Composer: Shunsuke Kida
Arrangement: Shunsuke Kida
Label: Atlus U.S.A.
Release date: 06/10/2009

Album name: echochrome ii (Mugen Kairou: Hikari to Kage no Hako): a Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see echochrome]

Album name: ObsCure II Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see BioShock]

----

Eternal Arcadia
Album name: ETERNAL ARCADIA ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
Composers: Yutaka Minobe, Tatsuyuki Maeda
Label: Enterbrain
Release date: 05/10/2000

Album name: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC OST (1 & 2) [Two albums]
[Additional entry overlap – see Ar tonelico]

Album name: ARMODYNE
Composers: Yasunori Mitsuda
Release date: 28/03/2007

Album name: Rogue Galaxy Original Soundtrack
Composers: Tomohito Nishiura [+ Barbara Kessler]
Arrangement: Barbara Kessler, Yayoi Ono, Katsuyuki Yamasaki

----

Final Fantasy VI
Album name: FINAL FANTASY VI ORIGINAL SOUND VERSION
Arrangement: Nobuo Uematsu
Label: NTT Publishing (Polystar)
Release date: 25/03/1994

Album name: Final Fantasy IV Original Sound Version
Arrangement: Nobuo Uematsu
Label: NTT Publishing (Americana Records)
Release date: 14/06/1991

Album name: Rudra no Hihou original sound version
Composer: Ryuji Sasai
Arrangement: Ryuji Sasai
Release date: 25/04/1996

Album name: Distant Worlds II: more music from FINAL FANTASY [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Kenichiro Fukui, Shiro Hamaguchi, Adam Klemens, Sachiko Miyano, Arnie Roth, Eric Roth, Nobuo Uematsu
Label: AWR Records
Release date: 01/06/2010

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: Piano Collection Final Fantasy VI [Arrangements]
Release date: 25/06/1994

Album name: FINAL FANTASY VI GRAND FINALE [Arrangements]
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu:
Arrangement: Shirō Sagisu, Tsuneyoshi Saitō
Release date: 25/05/1994

----

Galerians
Album name: GALERIANS PERFECT SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Masahiko Hagio [+ TOMO, Tetsuaki Sawachi]
Arrangement: Masahiko Hagio, TOMO, Tetsuaki Sawachi
Label: SMEJ Associated Records
Release date: 22/09/1999

Album name: Kileak, The Blood Sound Tracks & Remix
Composers: Kimitaka Matsumae
Arrangement: Kimitaka Matsumae
Release date: 21/03/1996

Album name: GALERIANS: Ash Original Soundtrack
Composers: Masahiko Hagio [+ Michael Morati]
Release date: 05/06/2002

Album name: Parasite Eve II ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Naoshi Mizuta [+ Yoko Shimomura]
Arrangement: Naoshi Mizuta, Hiroshi Nakajima

----

Gensō Suikoden
Album name: GENSŌ SUIKODEN II ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK Complete Box [Includes both GENSŌ SUIKODEN II ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 released on the same day]
Composers: Miki Higashino [+ Keiko Fukami]
Arrangement: Miki Higashino, Atsushi Satō
Release date: 23/12/1998

Album name: GENSŌ SUIKODEN ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Miki Higashino [+ Tappy, Hirofumi Taniguchi, Mayuko Kagesita, Hiroshi Tamawari]
Release date: 05/04/1996

Album name: Gensō Suikoden Music Collection ~Celtic Collection~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Various Artists [Michiru Yamane, Keiko Fukami, Masahiko Kimura, Konami Kukeiha Club, Miki Higashino]
Arrangement: Yoko Ueno, Mina Kubota, Yuko Asai, Shigeyoshi Kawagoe, THE RAIN BOOK
Label: Konami Music Entertainment (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 05/03/2003

Album name: Sailing to the World [Arrangements]
Composers: Yasunori Mitsuda
Arrangement: Yasunori Mitsuda, Tomohiko Kira, Koko Komine
Release date: 25/12/2002

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: Gensō Suikoden II Music Collection ~Orrizonte~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Miki Higashino [+ Tappy]
Arrangement: Yūji Yoshino, Yōko Ueno
Release date: 10/05/2000

Album name: Gensō Suikoden Arrange Collection Vol. 1 ~Vocal & Piano~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Various Artists [Miki Higashino, Hirofumi Taniguchi, Tappy, Mayuko Kageshita, Hiroshi Tamawari, Keiko Fukami, Yoshiaki Hoshi, Takashi Yoshida, Michiru Yamane, Masahiko Kimura, Yoshihiro Tsukahara, Takashi Watanabe, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Chiharu Mukaiyama, Yoshino Aoki, Kaori Komuro]
Arrangement: Hiroshi Fujimaki, Mariko Hata
Release date: 18/12/2009

Album name: Gensō Suikoden Arrange Collection Vol. 2 ~Celtic & Asian~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Various Artists [Miki Higashino, Hirofumi Taniguchi, Tappy, Mayuko Kageshita, Hiroshi Tamawari, Keiko Fukami, Yoshiaki Hoshi, Takashi Yoshida, Michiru Yamane, Masahiko Kimura, Yoshihiro Tsukahara, Takashi Watanabe, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Chiharu Mukaiyama, Yoshino Aoki, Kaori Komuro, Norikazu Miura]
Arrangement: Satoko Nakamura, Masao Fujikawa, Hiroshi Fujimaki
Release date: 19/03/2010

----

God Eater
Album name: GOD EATER Original Soundtrack
Composers: Go Shiina [+ Kazuhito Kikuchi]
Arrangement: Go Shiina, Yuta Nakano
Label: avex trax (avex marketing)
Release date: 03/03/2010

Album name: Tales of Legendia Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: God Eater Burst Drama & Original Soundtrack
Composers: Go Shiina [+ Kazuhito Kikuchi]
Arrangement: Go Shiina, Akitaka Tohyama
Release date: 22/12/2010

Album name: Last Ranker Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yoko Shimomura
Arrangement: Hironori Osone
Label: Suleputer (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 28/07/2010

----

God of War III
Album name: GOD OF WAR III: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK FROM THE VIDEO GAME
Composers: Gerard Marino, Ron Fish, Mike Reagan, Jeff Rona, Cris Velasco
Arrangement: Tim Davies, Jeremy Levy
Release date: 16/03/2010

Album name: Dante’s Inferno Original Videogame Score
[Additional entry overlap – see Drag-On Dragoon]

Album name: God of War: Ascension Original Soundtrack
Composers: Tyler Bates [+ Dieter Hartmann, Timothy Williams, Gerard Marino]
Arrangement: Timothy Williams, Tony Blondal, Drew Krassowski, Susie Seiter
Label: La-La Land Records
Release date: 12/03/2013

Album name: Gears of War 3: The Soundtrack
Composer: Steve Jablonsky
Release date: 20/09/2011

----

Gradius
Album name: Original Sound of Gradius *Arcade Version*
Composer: Miki Higashino
Release date: 05/05/1987

Album: Suite Gradius Fantasia [Arrangements + Original]
Composer: Konami Industry Co.,Ltd.
Arrangement: Kazunori Miyake
Release date: 21/11/1988

Album: Symphonic Poem Gradius III [Arrangements]
Composer: Konami Kukeiha Club
Arrangement: Tomoki Hasegawa
Release date: 05/06/1990

Album: Original Sound of Salamander
Composer: Miki Higashino
Release date: 16/12/1990

----

Granado Espada
Album name: Granado Espada Original Soundtrack Vol. 1, 2 & 3 [Three albums]
Composers: soundTeMP + Various Artists [Osamu Kubota, Junsung Kim, S.F.A, Estuera, Starr, DJ Ton T.B., Phynn, Cor Fijneman, Miller & Fijneman, Mark Norman, Mojado, Filterheadz pres. Orange 3, TaQ, Tchaïkovski]
Label: Hanbit Ubiquitous Entertainment Inc. (Vol. 1 & 3), Streamline Records/Black Hole Recordings (Vol. 2)
Release date: 14/02/2006 (Vol. 1), 17/03/2008 (Vol. 2), 13/08/2010 (Vol. 3)

Album: Tempest 2000 The Soundtrack
Composers: Ian Howe, Alastair Lindsay, Kevin Saville, Julian Hodgson
Label: Atari
Release date: 15/09/1995

Album: FOR BRIGHTER DAY Phantasy Star Universe Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani, Kenichi Tokoi [+ TAI-HEY, Seirou Okamoto]
Arrangement: Masamichi Amano, Toshio Mashima, Fumie Kumatani, Kenichi Tokoi, Philippe Saisse
Label: Wave Master (SEGA Direct)
Release date: 12/10/2006

Album: Wangan Midnight MAXIMUM TUNE 4 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Yuzo Koshiro
Label: Lantis (Bandai Visual)
Release date: 25/01/2012

----

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Album name: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Official Soundtrack Box Set [Compilation]
Composers: Various Artists
Label: Interscope Records, Rockstar Games (Universal Music & Video Distribution)
Release date: 07/12/2004

Album name: Def Jam Vendetta Original Soundtrack [Compilation]
Label: Electronic Arts
Release date: 21/08/2003

Album name: MAX ANARCHY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Label: Wave Master Entertainment (avex marketing)
Release date: 04/07/2012

Album name: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Official Soundtrack Box Set [Compilation]
Label: Epic Records (Sony Music)
Release date: 29/10/2002

----

Grandia
Album name: GRANDIA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS / ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS II [Two albums]
Composer: Noriyuki Iwadare
Arrangement: Noriyuki Iwadare
Label: TWOFIVE Records (King Records)
Release date: 22/12/1997 (OST I), 26/06/1998 (OST II)

Album name: Grandia II ~DEUS~ / ~POVO~ [Two albums]
Label: TWOFIVE Records
Release date: 08/09/2000 (~DEUS~), 13/10/2000 (~POVO~)

Album name: Vent ~ Grandia Arrange Version [Arrangements]
Label: TWOFIVE Records (King Records)
Release date: 04/02/1998

Album: Lunar ~Eternal Blue~
Label: Futureland / Toshiba EMI
Release date: 22/02/1995

----

Grim Fandango
Album name: Grim Fandango Original Game Soundtrack
Composer: Peter McConnell
Arrangement: Jeff Kliment
Label: LucasArts
Release date: 30/09/1998

Album name: Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves Soundtrack CD
Label: Sucker Punch Productions
Release date: 2006

Album name: Psychonauts Original Cinematic Score
Label: Double Fine Productions
Release date: 17/11/2006

Album name: Conker’s Bad Fur Day Soundtrack
Composer: Robin Beanland [+ Henry Purcell]
Arrangement: Robin Beanland
Label: Rareware
Release date: 2001

----

Guilty Gear XX
Album name: Guilty Gear XX Original Soundtrack
Composers: Daisuke Ishiwatari, Kōichi Seiyama
Arrangement: Kōichi Seiyama

Album name: Guilty Gear Isuka Original Soundtrack
Composers: Daisuke Ishiwatari, Yoshihiro Kusano, Tetsuya Ohuchi
Arrangement: Yoshihiro Kusano, Tetsuya Ohuchi
Release date: 21/04/2004

Album name: BlazBlue –Calamity Trigger– Original Soundtrack
Composers: Daisuke Ishiwatari
Arrangement: Yoshihiro Kusano
Release date: 24/12/2008

Album name: Cyber Org Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yoshihiro Sato
Arrangement: Yoshihiro Sato
Release date: 21/04/1999

----

Halo
Album name: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Original Soundtrack [Arrangements]
Composers: Martin O’Donnell, Michael Salvatori
Arrangement: Paul Lipson, Lennie Moore, Tom Salta, Brian Trifon
Release date: 15/11/2011

Album name: Metal Gear Solid Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: KCE Japan Sound Team [+ Tappy, Rika Muranaka]
Arrangement: KCE Japan Sound Team, QUADRA
Release date: 23/09/1998

Album name: Myth: The Fallen Lords Soundtrack
Composers: Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori [+ Paul Heitsch]
Label: Total Audio
Release date: 1997

Album name: HALO Original Soundtrack
Composers: Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori
Release date: 11/06/2002

----

Hotline Miami
Album name: Hotline Miami Soundtrack
Composers: Various Artists [Sun Araw, MIOIOIN, Perturbator, Jasper Byrne, Scattle, Synthetical, Eirik Suhrke, Coconuts, El Huervo]
Label: Devolver Digital (Valve)
Release date: 24/01/2013

Album name: Hotline Miami: The Takedown EP
Composers: Scattle
Label: Scattle (Bandcamp)
Release date: 26/10/2012

Album name: FZ: Side F [Remix]
Composers: Disasterpeace
Arrangement: Disasterpeace, Datassette, Jim Guthrie, Eirik Suhrke, Jay Tholen, Solar Fields, Stemage, Morusque, HyperDuck SoundWorks, Monomer, C418, coda, Aaron Cherof, Daniel Olsén
Label: Joypad Records
Release date: 20/04/2013

Album name: Payday 2 Official Soundtrack
Composers: Simon Viklund [+ Gustaf Grefberg, Ulf Adersson]
Arrangement: Simon Viklund
Label: 505 Games (Bandcamp)
Release date: 14/08/2013

----

Jet Set Radio
Album name: Jet Set Radio Original Sound Tracks
Composers: Various Artists [Hideki Naganuma, Richard Jacques, Reps, Castle Logical, F-Fields, Toronto, B.B. Rights]
Label: Polydor (Victor Entertainment)
Release date: 20/12/2000

Album name: Jet Set Radio Future Original Sound Tracks
Composers: Various Artists [Hideki Naganuma, Guitar Vader, Richard Jacques]
Arrangement: Hideki Naganuma, Deavid Soul, TORONTO, Richard Jacques, B.B.RIGHTS, Mic Harrison
Release date: 20/03/2002

Album name: Subarashiki Kono Sekai Original Soundtrack
Composers: Takeharu Ishimoto
Arrangement: Takeharu Ishimoto
Release date: 22/08/2007

Album name: Burn My Dread –Reincarnation: PERSONA3– [Arrangements]
[Additional entry overlap – see Persona3]

----

Katamari Damacy
Album name: Katamari Damacy Soundtrack “Katamari Fortissimo Damacy”
Composers: Yū Miyake [+ Asuka Sakai, Akitaka Tohyama, Yoshihito Yano, Yuri Misumi, Hideki Tobeta]
Label: Columbia Music Entertainment
Release date: 19/05/2004

Album name: We Love Katamari Damacy Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yū Miyake [+ Asuka Sakai, Yoshihito Yano, Illreme, Akitaka Tohyama, Hideki Tobeta, Tomoki Kanda, Yuri Misumi, Hiroshi Okubo, Katsuro Tajima]
Arrangement: Akitaka Tohyama, DOKAKA, Yu Miyake, Illreme, Asuka Sakai, Hideki Tobeta, Yuri Misumi, Hiroshi Okubo, Yoshihito Yano, Katsuro Tajima, Takaki Horigome

Album name: Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack 2008
Arrangement: Various Artists

[Main entry overlap]

----

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Album name: Shin Hikari Shinwa Palutena no Kagami Original Soundtrack
Composers: Various Artists [Motoi Sakuraba, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yūzō Koshiro, Masafumi Takada, Noriyuki Iwadare, Takahiro Nishi, Hirokazu Tanaka]
Arrangement: Various Artists [Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba, Yūzō Koshiro, Masafumi Takada, Noriyuki Iwadare, Takahiro Nishi, Hirokazu Tanaka, Natsumi Kameoka, Saki Kasuga]
Label: Sleigh Bells / Procyon Studio
Release date: 21/08/2012

Album name: Baten Kaitos: Owaranai Tsubasa to Ushinawareta Umi Original Soundtrack
Composers: Motoi Sakuraba
Release date: 17/12/2003

Album name: Shin Sekaiju no Meikyū Millenium no Shōjo Original Sound Track
Composers: Yuzo Koshiro
Arrangement: Yuzo Koshiro
Label: 5pb. Records (Media Factory)
Release date: 24/07/2013

Album name: Ogre ~Grand Repeat~
Composers: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata
Arrangement: Masatsugu Shinozaki
Label: DATAM Polystar (PolyGram)
Release date: 25/10/1996

----

killer7
Album name: killer7 original sound track
Composers: Masafumi Takada, Jun Fukuda

Album name: DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA ~Avatar Tuner~ 1 & 2 Original Sound Track: Integral
Composers: Shōji Meguro [+ Kenichi Tsuchiya]
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro
Release date: 22/12/2005

Album name: The Silver #01 STRUCTURE
Composers: Masafumi Takada
Label: Grasshopper Manufacture
Release date: 20/04/2001

Album name: CATHERINE Original Soundtrack
Composers: Shoji Meguro [+ Kenichi Tsuchiya, Atsushi Kitajoh, Toshiki Konishi]
Arrangement: Kenichi Tsuchiya
Release date: 23/02/2011

----

Kingdom Hearts
Album name: Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yōko Shimomura [+ Hikaru Utada, Jimmie Dodd, Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman, Alan Menken, Danny Elfman]
Arrangement: Yōko Shimomura, Russel McNamara, Kei Kawano, Hikaru Utada, Takahito Eguchi, Kaoru Wada
Label: Toshiba EMI (Japan) / Virgin (Europe)
Release date: 27/03/2002 (Japan), 25/11/2002 (Europe)

Album name: Kingdom Hearts II Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yōko Shimomura [+ Hikaru Utada, Alan Menken, Jimmie Dodd, Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman, Klaus Badelt, Geoffrey Zanelli, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Nobuo Uematsu]
Arrangement: Kaoru Wada, Yōko Shimomura
Label: Toshiba EMI

Album name: Seiken Densetsu / Legend of Mana Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Radiant Historia Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yōko Shimomura
Arrangement: Yōko Shimomura
Release date: 15/12/2010

----

MadWorld
Album name: MADWORLD Official Soundtrack
Composer: Naoto Tanaka
Release date: 30/06/2009

Album name: MAX ANARCHY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
[Additional entry overlap – see Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas]

Album name: Def Jam Vendetta Original Soundtrack [Compilation]
[Additional entry overlap – see Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas]

Album name: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

----

Max Payne 3
Album name: Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack
Composers: HEALTH [+ EMICIDA]
Label: Rockstar Games
Release date: 23/05/2012

Album name: Fallout The Soundtrack
Composers: Mark Morgan
Label: Interplay
Release date: 30/09/1997

Album name: Mass Effect Original Soundtrack
Composers: Jack Wall, Sam Hulick [+ Richard Jacques, David Kates]
Release date: 20/11/2007

Album name: Portal 2 Soundtrack – Songs to Test by [Box set containing the 3-CD Portal 2 soundtrack, released in 3 independent volumes as well. This version was released simultaneously with the third volume]
[Main entry partial overlap]

----

MediEvil: Resurrection
Album name: MediEvil: Resurrection Original Soundtrack
Composers: Bob & Barn (aka Andrew Barnabas, Paul Arnold)
Arrangement: Nic Raine
Release date: 31/01/2006

Album name: Fable Original Soundtrack
Composers: Russell Shaw [+ Danny Elfman]
Arrangement: Steve Bartek, Allan Wilson
Release date: 15/02/2005

Album name: Primal Original Soundtrack Score Recording
Composers: Bob & Barn (aka Andrew Barnabas, Paul Arnold)
Arrangement: Nic Raine
Label: Silva Screen
Release date: 12/05/2003

Album name: Epic Mickey Original Game Score
Composers: James Dooley
Label: Walt Disney Records
Release date: 21/12/2010

----

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Album name: METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SNAKE EATER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Harry Gregson-Williams, Norihiko Hibino [+ Nabuko Toda, Shūichi Kobari, Rika Muranaka]
Arrangement: Harry Gregson-Williams, Rika Muranaka, Mark Holden
Label: Konami Media Entertainment (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 15/12/2004

Album name: METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Harry Gregson-Williams [+ Norihiko Hibino, Rika Muranaka, Tappy]
Arrangement: Harry Gregson-Williams
Label: Konami Music Entertainment (distributed by King Records)
Release date: 29/11/2001

Album name: FRONT MISSION 4 plus 1st ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Hidenori Iwasaki, Ryo Yamazaki, Yoko Shimomura, Noriko Matsueda
Arrangement: Hidenori Iwasaki
Release date: 10/05/2004

Album name: METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Harry Gregson-Williams, Nobuko Toda [+ Shuichi Kobori, Kazuma Jinnouchi, Yoshitaka Suzuki, Takahiro Izutani, Akihiro Honda, Ennio Morricone, Sota Fujimori, Norihiko Hibino]
Arrangement: Harry Gregson-Williams, Nobuko Toda, Yoshitaka Suzuki, Takahiro Izutani
Label: Konami Digital Entertainment (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 28/05/2008

----

Mirror’s Edge
Album name: Mirror’s Edge Original Videogame Score
Composers: Solar Fields [+ Rami Yacoub, Arnthor Birgisson]
Release date: 19/05/2009

Album name: ecco SONGS OF TIME
Composers: Spencer Nilsen [+ David Young, Brad Kaiser]
Arrangement: Spencer Nilsen
Label: Sega Music Group
Release date: 01/10/1996

Album name: Phantasy Star Online Original Sound Track
Composers: Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani
Arrangement: Daisuke Okamoto, Toshiaki Iida
Label: Polydor (Victor Entertainment)
Release date: 24/01/2001

Album name: The Binding of Isaac
Composers: Danny Baranowsky
Arrangement: Big Giant Circles, C418
Label: dB soundworks (Bandcamp)
Release date: 28/09/2011

----

Monster Hunter 3
Album name: MONSTER HUNTER 3 (tri) Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yūko Komiyama, Tadayoshi Makino [+ Masahiro Aoki, Akiyuki Morimoto]
Arrangement: Shirō Hamaguchi
Release date: 16/09/2009

Album name: Monster Hunter 5th Anniversary Orchestra Concert ~Hunting Music Festival~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Masato Kohda [+ Tetsuya Shibata, Yūko Komiyama, Akihiko Narita]
Arrangement: Shiro Hamaguchi, Yasunori Iwasaki, Kazuhiko Sawaguchi, Hayato Matsuo, Akifumi Tada
Release date: 16/08/2009

Album name: Monster Hunter Ethnic Sounds ~Ethnic Instrument Arrange Album~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Yūko Komiyama, Tadayoshi Makino [+ Masato Kohda, Tetsuya Shibata, Akihiko Narita]
Arrangement: Koji Ezaki
Label: Harmonics International
Release date: 24/08/2011

Album name: FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Original Soundtrack
Composers: Kumi Tanioka [+ Nobuo Uematsu, Hidenori Iwasaki]
Arrangement: Kumi Tanioka, Kumiko Takara, Warehouse, Hidenori Iwasaki
Label: Leafage / Pony Canyon
Release date: 20/08/2003

----

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
Album name: The Sketches of Moondays ~We Kept Our Promise to You~
Composers: Various Artists [C.debussy, N-Gauge, Asunaro Boys, Takeshi Nakatsuka, KINGLET, MASAKI-OHSHIMA, NICK JAMES, THELONIOUS MONKEES, Minoru Kida, Masamichi Kirikae, Hirotoh Morikawa, KIN TAII, Wakan Kineya, Inauini Kagan People, MELAGRANA, Mariko Hata, Akira Ueda, Mitsuhiro Sonoyama, TUCKER, 今川亜士牟, Masanori Adachi, Hirofumi Taniguchi, Yushing, Hiromichi Sakamoto, 横川雅大, TOMO, Image Soul, GALACTICA A.K.A, Aquila, Norishige Yoshida, NIMURA OVERDRIVE, Kill the pitch, D.Tommy, masaaki kikuchi, masahiko okura, nyantara, Enzo Honma, Masanof, TaniGUCCI, Tarō Kudō, KIRIKAE MASAMICHI, SAKAMOTO HIROMICHI, THE SLEEPWALK, 平沢厚士, TSMUSIC]
Arrangement: MASAAKI-NARITA, MASAKI-OHSHIMA
Label: Sten och Flod / ULF Records
Release date: 05/12/2002

Album name: Ten Years After New Tracks – The Memories of Moondays
Composers: Various Artists [KINGLET, THE SLEEPWALK, THELONIOUS MONKEES, TOSHI-MARI, Hirotoh Morikawa, ZUBOLA GAIN GROUND]
Label: olio music
Release date: 20/12/2006

Album name: Giftpia Title Music + Nanashi-FM
Composers: Hirofumi Taniguchi, Yousuke Obitsumi [+ akino, theTravellers, snoweffect, Cignita, MUMU, 6nin, REDNECK TRIO, Komachi, Aprils, Kaimy Plants, FUZZ PROPOSAL, Yuzo Kako, THE WINSTONS, Bossa51, yet, ECHO MOUNTAIN, Yotaro Shibari, MachikoKomatsu & Tango cristal, moai, oscillator]
Label: Enterbrain, Famitsu 'Cube
Release date: 16/05/2003

Album name: Katamari Damacy TRIBUTE Original Soundtrack: Katamari Takeshi
Composers: Yū Miyake [+ Yoshihito Yano, Hideki Tobeta, Yuri Misumi, Asuka Sakai, Akitaka Toyama, Keigo Hoashi, Katsuro Tajima]
Arrangement: Yuri Misumi, Yoshihito Yano, Hideki Tobeta, GUIRO, AFRA, Buffalo Daughter, Hiroki Takahashi, Kirinji, Beautiful Hummingbird, Yū Miyake, Akitaka Toyama, Keigo Hoashi, atom™, Norbert Kraemer, YMCK, Kimitaka Matsumae, U, LEOPALDON, rei harakami, Hardfloor
Release date: 19/08/2009

----

Mr. Bones
Album name: Mr. Bones Soundtrack
Composers: Ronnie Montrose, Jim Hedges
Label: Sega MG
Release date: 15/11/1996

Album name: Imaginarium: songs from the Neverhood [Re-release of the Neverhood soundtrack (Neverhood Songs - main entry below) with previously unreleased soundtracks of Skullmonkeys and BoomBots]
Composers: Terry Scott Taylor
Arrangement: Terry Scott Taylor
Label: Dreamworks / Stunt Records
Release date: 2004

Album name: Red Dead Redemption Original Soundtrack
Composers: Bill Elm, Woody Jackson [+ José González, Jamie Lidell, Ashtar Command, William Elliott Whitmore]
Label: Rockstar Games
Release date: 18/05/2010

Album name: Red Steel 2 Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: Tom Salta [+ Philippe Saisse]
Release date: 12/06/2010

----

The Neverhood
Album name: Neverhood Songs
Composer: Terry Scott Taylor
Label: Dreamworks Interactive
Release date: 1996

Album name: Grim Fandango Original Game Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: LocoRoco –Midnight Carnival– Original Soundtrack
Composer: Nobuyuki Shimizu, Kemmei Adachi
Arrangement: Tadashi Yatabe
Release date: 20/01/2010

Album name: Psychonauts Original Soundtrack
Label: Double Fine Productions
Release date: 10/09/2005

----

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Album name: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – The Original Soundtrack
Composer: Joe Hisaishi
Arrangement: Joe Hisaishi
Label: Wayō Records
Release date: 29/03/2013

Album name: Tengai Makyou II Manji Maru Original Soundtrack
Composer: Joe Hisaishi, Yasuhiko Fukuda
Arrangement: Shigeki Hayashi
Label: DigiCube
Release date: 22/10/2003

Album name: Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King [Arrangements]
Composer: Koichi Sugiyama
Arrangement: Koichi Sugiyama
Label: SUGI Label / Aniplex
Release date: 27/06/2005

Album name: Vent ~ Grandia Arrange Version [Arrangements]
[Additional entry overlap – see Grandia]

----

NieR
Album name: NieR Gestalt & Replicant Original Soundtrack
Composers: Keiichi Okabe + Various Artists [Kakeru Ishihama, Keigo Hoashi, Takafumi Nishimura]
Arrangement: Ryūichi Takada
Release date: 21/04/2010

Album name: Gensō Suikoden Arrange Collection Vol. 1 ~Vocal & Piano~ [Arrangements]
[Additional entry overlap – see Gensō Suikoden]

Album name: Final Fantasy Vocal Collection II “Love Will Grow” [Arrangements]
Composers: Nobuo Uematsu, Ririko Yamabuki
Arrangement: Masatsugu Shinozaki, Yoshiro Nakamura, Yuichiro Goto, Patrick Nugier, Haruki Mino, Risa Ohki, Kiyoshi Kobayashi
Release date: 25/11/1995

Album name: DRAG-ON DRAGOON 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Keiichi Okabe [+ Keigo Hoashi, Kakeru Ishihama, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Akitaka Tohyama, Denji Sano, Chihiro Onitsuka]
Arrangement: Keiichi Okabe, Keigo Hoashi, Kakeru Ishihama, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Denji Sano, Akitaka Tohyama, Takanori Goto
Label: Square Enix
Release date: 22/01/2014

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: NieR Gestalt & Replicant 15 Nightmares & Arrange Track [Arrangements]
Composer: MONACA
Arrangement: Various Artists [Keiichi Okabe, oriori, Kakeru Ishihama, Ryūichi Takada, Keigo Hoashi, Hidekazu Tanaka]
Release date: 08/12/2010

Album name: NieR Tribute Album –echo– [Arrangements]
Composer: MONACA
Arrangement: Various Artists [world’s end girlfriend, Schroeder-Headz, sasakure.UK, millstones, Go-qualia, Sen, RÄFVEN, Ametsub, SEXY-SYNTHESIZER, KanouKaoru, Nobu44, NO-NO2]
Release date: 14/09/2011

Album name: Piano Collections NieR Gestalt & Replicant [Arrangements]
Composers: Keiichi Okabe, Kakeru Ishihama, Keigo Hoashi
Arrangement: Keigo Hoashi, Kumi Tanioka, Masato Kouda, Ryūichi Takada, Yuri Misumi
Release date: 21/03/2012

----

Ōkami
Album name: Ōkami Original Soundtrack
Composers: Masami Ueda, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Rei Kondoh [+ Akari Groves, JUN]
Arrangement: Yoshinobu Takeshita

Album name: Oboromuramasa Original Soundtrack
Composers: Various Artists [Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Kimihiro Abe, Noriyuki Kamikura, Azusa Chiba, Yoshimi Kudo]
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Kimihiro Abe, Noriyuki Kamikura, Azusa Chiba, Yoshimi Kudo
Label: Basiscape Records (SuperSweep)
Release date: 16/12/2009

Album name: Gensō Suikoden Music Collection ~Asian Collection~ [Arrangements]
Composers: Various Artists [Miki Higashino, Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura, Konami Kukeiha Club]
Arrangement: Kiyoshi Yoshida, Yuko Asai, Shigeyoshi Kawagoe, rain book, dif・ref
Label: Konami Media Entertainment (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 27/11/2003

Album name: Samurai Spirits Sen Original Soundtrack
Composers: Necos

----

OZ
Album name: OZ ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Michiru Yamane [+ Alexander Porfiryevich Borodin for one track]
Arrangement: Michiru Yamane, Naoto Suzuki
Label: Konami Multi-Media / Konami

Album name: DEVIL SURVIVOR Original Remix Sound Track
Composers: Takami Asano
Label: Lantis (King Records)
Release date: 21/01/2009

Album name: Chaos Legion Original Soundtrack

----

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Album name: PANZER DRAGOON ORTA OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Saori Kobayashi, Yutaka Minobe + Various Artists [Yoshitaka Azuma, Yayoi Wachi, Mariko Nanba]
Arrangement: Hayato Matsuo, Tomoyuki Hayashi
Label: Tokyopop Soundtrax
Release date: 21/01/2003

Album name: AZEL –PanzerDragoonRPG– Complete Album
Composers: Saori Kobayashi [+ Mariko Nanba]
Arrangement: Hayato Matsuo
Label: Marvelous Entertainment (Pony Canyon)
Release date: 04/02/1998

Album name: Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yayoi Wachi [+ Teruhiko Nakagawa, Junko Shiratsu, Tomonori Sawada]
Label: PolyGram
Release date: 25/04/1996

Album name: Tamamayu Monogatari 2 ~Horobi no Mushi~ Original Soundtrack
Composers: Kimitaka Matsumae, Manami Matsumae
Label: Absord Music Japan (King Records)
Release date: 30/10/2001

----

PaRappa the Rapper
Album name: PaRappa the Rapper Original Soundtrack
Composers: Masaya Matsuura + Various Artists [Tuttle & Dynamo Laboratory, Yoshihisa Suzuki, Rodney A. Greenblat]
Arrangement: Masaya Matsuura
Release date: 12/12/1996

Album name: PaRappa the Rapper 2: Original Sound Track
Composers: Masaya Matsuura
Label: TOY'S FACTORY
Release date: 24/10/2001

Album name: UmJammer Lammy Original Sound Track
Composers: Masaya Matsuura, Yoshihisa Suzuki, Shigeyoshi Kawagoe
Release date: 20/11/1999

Album name: Jet Set Radio Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

----

Parasite Eve
Album name: parasite eve Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yōko Shimomura [+ J.S.Bach]
Arrangement: Yōko Shimomura, Shigeo Tamaru
Label: Digicube (SME Intermedia)
Release date: 21/05/1998

Album name: The 3rd Birthday Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yōko Shimomura, Mitsuto Suzuki, Tsuyoshi Sekito [+ J.S.Bach]
Arrangement: Yōko Shimomura, Mitsuto Suzuki, Tsuyoshi Sekito, Tsutomu Narita

Album name: KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep & 358/2 Days Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yōko Shimomura [+ Tsuyoshi Sekito, Takeharu Ishimoto, David Mack, Jimmie Dodd, Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman]
Arrangement: Yōko Shimomura, Tsuyoshi Sekito, Takeharu Ishimoto, Kaoru Wada, Hirosato Noda, Keiji Kawamori
Release date: 02/02/2011

Album name: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Original Soundtracks
Composers: Toshiko Tasaki, Shōji Meguro [+ Tsukasa Masuko]
Arrangement: Toshiko Tasaki, Shōji Meguro
Label: Atlus (King Records)
Release date: 24/04/1998

----

Persona3
Album name: PERSONA3 Original Soundtrack
Composers: Shōji Meguro [+ Yosuke Uda]
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro, Yosuke Uda
Release date: 19/07/2006

Album name: Persona4 Original Soundtrack
Composers: Shōji Meguro [+ Atsushi Kitajoh, Ryota Koduka]
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro, Atsushi Kitajoh, Ryota Koduka
Release date: 23/07/2008

Album name: CATHERINE Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see killer7]

Album name: PERSONA MUSIC LIVE 2009 –Velvetroom in Wel City Tokyo– [Arrangements]
Composers: Shōji Meguro [+ TAKUYA, Katsuhiko Kurosu, Misaki Okibe]
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro, Tetsuya Kobayashi
Label: Aniplex (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 23/06/2010

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: Burn My Dread –Reincarnation: PERSONA3– [Arrangements]
Composer: Shōji Meguro
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro, Hiroyuki Nakayama
Release date: 18/04/2007

Album name: PERSONA3 FES ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Shōji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya, Toshiki Tasaki
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya
Release date: 02/05/2007

Album name: PERSONA3 PORTABLE Voice Mix Arrange [Arrangements]
Composer: Shōji Meguro
Arrangement: Shinji Hosoe, Nobuyoshi Sano
Release date: 15/12/2010

----

Phantasy Star Online
Album name: Phantasy Star Online Songs of Ragol Odyssey Soundtrack ~Episode 1&2~
Composers: Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani [+ Tokuhiko “BO” Uwabo]
Arrangement: Yutaka Minobe, Daisuke Okamoto, Toshiaki Iida, Hideaki Kobayashi
Release date: 19/09/2002

Album name: Musashiden II Blademaster Original Sound Track
Composers: Junya Nakano, Masashi Hamauzu [+ Yuki Iwai, Takayuki Iwai, Shigeo Naka]
Label: VAP
Release date: 21/07/2005

Album name: FOR BRIGHTER DAY Phantasy Star Universe Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Granado Espada]

Album name: ETERNAL ARCADIA ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
[Main entry overlap]

----

Portal 2
Album name: Portal 2 Soundtrack: Songs to Test by Collectors Edition [3-CD box set containing the three previously independently released volumes of the Portal 2 soundtrack + the previously unreleased Portal 1 soundtrack]
Composers: Mike Morasky [+ Jonathan Coulton, Kelly Bailey]
Label: Ipecac Recordings
Release date: 30/10/2012

Album name: 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors Soundtrack
Composers: Shinji Hosoe
Release date: 23/12/2009

Album name: BIT.TRIP RUNNER Original Soundtrack
Composers: Petrified Productions [+ Anamanaguchi]
Label: Gaijin Games
Release date: 03/08/2010

Album name: Galerians Perfect Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

----

Radiant Silvergun
Album name: RADIANT SILVERGUN SOUNDTRACK+
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto
Release date: 07/08/1998

Album name: FINAL FANTASY TACTICS Original Soundtrack
Composer: Masaharu Iwata, Hitoshi Sakimoto
Arrangement: Masaharu Iwata, Hitoshi Sakimoto
Release date: 21/06/1997

Album name: Soukyugurentai Original Soundtrack
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Kimihiro Abe, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Yoshimi Kudo, Masaaki Kaneko
Label: Basiscape Records
Release date: 28/02/2011

Album name: OGRE BATTLE 64 Original Sound Tracks
Composer: Masaharu Iwata, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Hayato Matsuo
Arrangement: Hayato Matsuo, Masaharu Iwata
Label: DATAM Polystar (Universal Music K.K.)
Release date: 01/08/1999

----

Rayman Legends
Album name: Rayman Legends Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: Christophe Héral [+ Billy Martin]
Arrangement: Mathieu Alvado
Release date: 29/08/2013

Album name: Rayman Origins Original Soundtrack
Composers: Christophe Héral, Billy Martin
Arrangement: Mathieu Alvado
Label: Ubisoft
Release date: 24/11/2011

Album name: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts Original Soundtrack
Composers: Robin Beanland, Grant Kirkhope, Dave Clynick
Release date: 30/06/2009

Album name: SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
Composers: Mahito Yokota, Ryo Nagamatsu, Kōji Kondō
Arrangement: Mahito Yokota, Shigetoshi Gohara
Label: Nintendo
Release date: 10/07/2010

----

Ridge Racer Type 4
Album name: R4 / RIDGE RACER TYPE 4 / DIRECT AUDIO
Composers: Namco Consumer Software Sound Team [Kohta Takahashi, Hiroshi Okubo, Asuka Sakai, Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Kōji Nakagawa]
Arrangement: Hiroshi Okubo
Label: Players Planet (Media Factory)
Release date: 27/01/1999

Album name: TEKKEN4 Original Sound Tracks
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: GRAN TURISMO 5 ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Various Artists [Masahiro Andoh, KEMMEI, Maki Mannami, Yuto Takei, MAKOTO, Nittoku Inoue, Ryo Sonoda, Yuki Oike, Satoshi Bandoh, Taku Yabuki, Norihito Sumitomo, Seigen Tokuzawa, Taroma Koshida, Keiji Inai, Daisuke Kawai, Akihisa Yamaguchi, Yudai Sato, aM™[aem], YO-C+B.U.S, Gonno, Daiki Kasho]
Arrangement: Keizoh Kawano
Label: Village Music

Album name: STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
[Main entry overlap]

----

Rez
Album name: Rez / Gamer’s Guide to… [Unclear, maybe a compilation]
Composers: Various Artists [Keiichi Sugiyama, Mist, Ken Ishii, Joujouka, Adam Freeland, Coldcut, Ebz, Oval, Tim Bran, Danny Briottet]
Arrangement: Keiichi Sugiyama, Mist, Ken Ishii, Joujouka, Adam Freeland, Coldcut, Ebz, Oval, Tim Bran, Danny Briottet
Label: Third-Ear / Musicmine
Release date: 23/01/2002

Album name: CHAOSFIELD SOUND TRACK
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Tempest 2000 The Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Granado Espada]

Album name: Einhänder Original Soundtrack
Composers: Kenichiro Fukui
Arrangement: Kenichiro Fukui
Release date: 21/12/1997

----

Rockman
Album name: Capcom Music Generation Famicom Music Complete Works Rockman 1~6
Composers: Various Artists [Chanchacorin, Ogeretsu Kun, Manami Ietel, Bunbun, Ojalin, Mari Yamaguchi, Yūko Takehara, Harumi Fujita]
Release date: 20/09/2002

Album name: Rockman 9: The Ambition’s Revival !! Original Soundtrack
Composers: III [Ippo Yamada, Ryo Kawakami, Yū Shimoda, Hiroki Isogai + Takashi Tateishi]
Arrangement: III [Ippo Yamada, Ryo Kawakami, Yu Shimoda, Hiroki Isogai]
Label: Inti Creates
Release date: 12/08/2008

Album name: Capcom Music Generation Rockman X 1~6
Composers: Various Artists [Akemi Kimura, Makoto Tomozawa, Kinuyo Yamashita (Minakuchi Engineering Staff), Naoto Tanaka, Naoya Kamisaka, Setuo Yamamoto, Syusaku Uchiyama, Takuya Miyawaki, Toshihiko Horiyama, Yuki Iwai, Yuko Takehara]
Arrangement: Yoshino Aoki, Syusaku Uchiyama
Release date: 26/09/2003

Album name: Seiken Densetsu Original Sound Version
Composers: Kenji Itō, Nobuo Uematsu
Arrangement: Kenji Itō
Release date: 15/07/1991

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: 25th Anniversary Rockman Techno Arrange Ver. [Arrangements]
Composers: Various Artists [Manami Matsumae, Ryō Kawakami, Yū Shimoda, Shūsaku Uchiyama, Yūko Takehara, Mari Yamaguchi, Minae Fujii, Yasuaki Fujita, Takashi Tateishi]
Arrangement: Various Artists [Azusa Chiba, Denji Sano, Takeshi Hama, Masaharu Iwata, Yoshimi Kudō, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Yūto Takei, Shinji Hosoe, Far East Recording, Mitsuhiro Kaneda]
Release date: 10/10/2012

Album name: 25th Anniversary Rockman Rock Arrange Ver. [Arrangements]
Composers: Various Artists [Manami Matsumae, Takashi Tateishi, Yasuaki Fujita, Mari Yamaguchi, Minae Fujii, Shūsaku Uchiyama, Yū Shimoda, Hiroki Isogai, Yūko Takehara]
Arrangement: Various Artists [LivestRow, Yoshimi Kudō, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Kenji Itō, Hiroshi Tanabe, WASi303, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Azusa Chiba, Yoshitaka Hirota, Mitsuhiro Ohta]
Release date: 10/10/2012

Album name: Chiptuned Rockman [Arrangements/Remix]
Composers: Various Artists [Yoshinori Ono, Ippō Yamada, Ryō Kawakami, Toshihiko Horiyama, Naoshi Mizuta, Akari Kaida, Shūsaku Uchiyama, Yūko Takehara, Mari Yamaguchi, Minae Fuji, Yasuaki Fujita, Takashi Tateishi, Manami Matsumae]
Arrangement: Various Artists [Chibi-tech, Virt, Goto80, Ippō Yamada, Akari Kaida, Hiroki Isogai, Rushjet 1, K->, Manabu Namiki, Saitone, hally, zinger, Saskrotch, Ryō Kawakami, Nobuyuki Shioda, KPLECRAFT, Dong, USK, Naruto, Manami Matsumae]
Label: Inti Creates
Release date: 15/10/2009

----

Romancing SaGa
Album name: ROMANCING SAGA –Minstrel Song– Original Soundtrack
Composers: Kenji Itō [+ Nobuo Uematsu, Tsuyoshi Sekito, Masayoshi Yamazaki]
Arrangement: Kenji Itō, Tsuyoshi Sekito, Masayoshi Yamazaki
Label: Universal J
Release date: 27/04/2005

Album name: Seiken Densetsu 4 Original Soundtrack –Sanctuary–
Composers: Kenji Itō, Tsuyoshi Sekito [+ Masayoshi Soken, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Hiroki Kikuta, Yokō Shimomura]
Arrangement: Tsuyoshi Sekito, Junya Nakano, Masayoshi Soken, Hirosato Noda
Release date: 24/01/2007

Album name: Romancing SaGa 3 Original Sound Version
Composers: Kenji Itō

Album name: Re: Birth II / Romancing SaGa Battle Arrange [Arrangements]
Composers: Kenji Itō
Release date: 29/08/2012

----

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game
Album name: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game Original Videogame Soundtrack
Composer: Anamanaguchi
Label: ABKCO
Release date: 24/08/2010

Album name: BIT.TRIP RUNNER Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Portal 2]

Album name: Chiptuned Rockman [Arrangements/Remix]
[Additional entry overlap – see Rockman]

Album name: PPPPPP – The VVVVVV Soundtrack
Composer: Magnus "SoulEye" Pålsson
Label: SoulEye Digital Music
Release date: 10/01/2010

----

Seiken Densetsu
Album name: Seiken Densetsu / Legend of Mana Original Soundtrack
Composer: Yōko Shimomura
Arrangement: Osamu Katsumori, Yōko Shimomura
Release date: 23/07/1999

Album name: Seiken Densetsu HEROES of MANA Original Soundtrack
Composer: Yōko Shimomura
Release date: 18/04/2007

Album name: Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Radiant Historia Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Kingdom Hearts]

----

Seiken Densetsu 2
Album name: Seiken Densetsu 2 Original Sound Version
Composer: Hiroki Kikuta
Arrangement: Hiroki Kikuta
Release date: 06/08/1993

Album name: secret of mana+ [Arrangements]
Release date: 29/10/1993

Album name: Seiken Densetsu 3 Original Sound Version
Release date: 25/08/1995

Album name: Tenchi Sozo Creative Soundtracks [Arrangements + Original]
Composer: Masanori Hikichi, Miyoko Kobayashi
Arrangement: Masanori Hikichi, Miyoko Kobayashi
Label: Kitty Records (PolyGram)
Release date: 25/10/1995

----

Sekaiju no Meikyū
Album name: Sekaiju no Meikyū Original Soundtrack
Release date: 21/03/2007

Album name: Misty Blue
Label: G.M.O. Records / Alfa Records
Release date: 21/04/1991

Album name: Music from Ys I&II Chronicles PC-88 Mode
Composer: Falcom Sound Team jdk
Label: Falcom (iTunes Store)
Release date: 05/11/2009

Album name: Sekaiju no Meikyū 3 *seikai no raihousha* ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Label: 5pb. Records (Geneon Universal Entertainment)
Release date: 07/04/2010

----

Shadow Hearts
Album name: SHADOW HEARTS Original Soundtracks plus1
Composers: Yoshitaka Hirota [+ Yasunori Mitsuda, Masaharu Iwata, Ryō Fukuda]
Arrangement: Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda, Masaharu Iwata, Ryō Fukuda
Label: Scitron and Art
Release date: 18/06/2001

Album name: SHADOW HEARTS II Original Soundtracks
Composers: Yoshitaka Hirota [+ Yasunori Mitsuda, Kenji Itō, Tomoko Kobayashi, Ryō Fukuda]
Arrangement: Ryō Fukuda, Kenji Itō, Yoshitaka Hirota
Release date: 24/03/2004

Album name: near death experience, SHADOW HEARTS Arrangetracks [Arrangements/Remix]
Composers: Yoshitaka Hirota [+ Yasunori Mitsuda, Kenji Itō, Tomoko Imoto]
Arrangement: Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda, Kenji Itō, Tomoko Imoto
Release date: 24/08/2005

Album name: yorlga [Regular album]
Artists: Yoshitaka Hirota & Noriko Mitose
Release date: 19/05/2010

----

Shatter
Album name: Shatter – Official Videogame Soundtrack
Composer: Module
Label: Mushroom Music NZ Ltd
Release date: 23/07/2009

Album name: Hotline Miami Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: FZ: Side Z [Remix]
Composer: Disasterpeace
Arrangement: scntfc, My Boy Elroy, Decktonic, Whitaker Trebella, bignic, Ben Prunty, Joshua Morse, aivi, surasshu, Josh Whelchel, Tettix, Scattle, Big Giant Circles, BR1GHT PR1MATE, Brent Kennedy, Disasterpeace, Chipocrite, Steve McCullough, Souleye, Baiyon
Label: Joypad Records
Release date: 07/05/2013

Album name: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Original Soundtrack
Composer: Power Glove
Release date: 02/05/2013

----

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
Album name: Shin Megami Tensei III NOCTURNE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Shōji Meguro [+ Kenichi Tsuchiya, Toshiko Tasaki, Tsukasa Masuko]
Arrangement: Shōji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya, Toshiko Tasaki
Label: SME Visual Works
Release date: 05/03/2003

Album name: Shin Megami Tensei III NOCTURNE Maniacs SOUNDTRACK extra version
Composers: Shōji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya, Toshiko Tasaki [+ Tsukasa Masuko]
Release date: 04/02/2004

Album name: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Original Soundtracks
[Additional entry overlap – see Parasite Eve]

Album name: DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA ~Avatar Tuner~ 1 & 2 Original Sound Track: Integral
[Additional entry overlap – see killer7]

----

Silent Hill 2
Album name: SILENT HILL 2 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS
Composer: Akira Yamaoka
Release date: 03/10/2001

Album name: SILENT HILL 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS
Composer: Akira Yamaoka
Arrangement: Akira Yamaoka
Label: Konami Music Entertainment (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 16/07/2003

Album name: Machinarium Soundtrack
Composer: Tomáš Dvořák [+ Vojtech Zelinsky]
Label: Amanita Design
Release date: 16/10/2009

Album name: The Path Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

----

Sonic Adventure
Album name: SONIC ADVENTURE “Digi-LOG Conversation” Original Sound Track
Composers: Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani [+ Masaru Setsumaru]
Arrangement: Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani, Masaru Setsumaru
Label: Marvelous Entertainment (Pony Canyon)
Release date: 20/01/1999

Album name: Daytona USA Circuit Edition Original Sound Track
Composers: Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi [+ Tomonori Sawada, Kenichi Tokoi]
Arrangement: Jun Senoue, Tomonori Sawada, Richard Jacques, Kenichi Tokoi
Label: East West Japan (Warner Music Japan)
Release date: 10/03/1997

Album name: COMPLETE TRINITY: SONIC HEROES – ORIGINAL SOUNDTRAX
Composers: Jun Senoue [+ Naofumi Hataya, Hideaki Kobayashi, Keiichi Sugiyama!, Teruhiko Nakagawa, Yutaka Minobe, Mariko Nanba, Fumie Kumatani, Tomoya Ohtani]
Arrangement: Jun Senoue, Naofumi Hataya, Hideaki Kobayashi, Keiichi Sugiyama!, Yutaka Minobe, Mariko Nanba, Fumie Kumatani, Tomoya Ohtani, Teruhiko Nakagawa
Label: Wave Master Entertainment (avex distribution)
Release date: 03/03/2004

Album name: SONIC ADVENTURE 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK multi-dimensional
Composers: Jun Senoue, Tomoya Ohtani [+ Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani]
Arrangement: Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Tomoya Ohtani, Fumie Kumatani, Heigo Tani
Label: Marvelous Entertainment
Release date: 05/09/2001

----

Soul Edge
Album name: SOUL EDGE Original Sound Track KHAN SUPER SESSION
Composers: Various Artists [Masumi Itō, Aki Hata, Yoshiyuki itō, Taku Iwasaki, Benten-Maru]
Arrangement: Various Artists [Masumi Itō, KHAN, Kazunori Miyake, Aki Hata, Yoshiyuki Itō, Himeko Yamamoto, Taku Iwasaki]
Label: BMG Victor
Release date: 18/12/1996

Album name: Soukaigi Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hiroki Kikuta
Release date: 11/06/1998

Album name: Bloody Roar 4 Original Soundtrack
Composers: Yoshihiro Tsukahara
Label: Dex Entertainment
Release date: 23/06/2004

Album name: Bujingai Original Soundtrack
Composers: Hideki Takahagi [+ Tamayo Kawamoto]
Label: Zuntata Records / Taito Corp
Release date: 19/05/2004

----

Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time
Album name: STAR OCEAN Till the End of Time Original Soundtrack Vol.1 & 2 [Two albums]
Composer: Motoi Sakuraba
Arrangement: Motoi Sakuraba
Release date: 19/03/2003 (Vol. 1), 09/04/2003 (Vol. 2)

Album name: Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile Sound Track THE BEST [Compilation]
Release date: 02/07/2003

Album name: Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile [Arrangements]
[Additional entry overlap – see Valkyrie Profile]

Album name: Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean Original Soundtrack
Release date: 17/12/2003

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: STAR OCEAN Till the End of Time Director’s Cut Original Soundtrack
Release date: 18/02/2004

Album name: STAR OCEAN Till the End of Time Arrange Album [Arrangements]
Release date: 23/04/2003

Album name: STAR OCEAN Till the End of Time Voice Mix Album [Arrangements]
Release date: 14/05/2003

----

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
Album name: STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composer: Hideki Okugawa
Arrangement: Hideki Okugawa
Release date: 07/07/1999

Album name: STREET FIGHTER III 2nd IMPACT ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
Composer: Hideki Okugawa, Yuki Iwai
Arrangement: Hideki Okugawa
Release date: 17/12/1997

[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Capcom vs. SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001 Original Soundtrack
Composer: Satoshi Ise
Label: Suleputer (Sony Music Entertainment Japan)
Release date: 19/09/2001

----

Super Mario World
Album name: Super Mario World
Arrangement: Sōichi Noriki
Label: Warner-Pioneer
Release date: 25/02/1991

Album name: Super Mario Yoshi Island Original Sound Version

Album name: Super Mario 64 Original Soundtrack
Release date: 19/07/1996

[Main entry overlap]

----

Tales of Legendia
Album name: TALES OF LEGENDIA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Go Shiina [+ Do as Infinity]
Arrangement: Go Shiina, Do as Infinity, Seiji Kameda, Natsumi Kameoka, Hironori Osone
Release date: 24/08/2005

Album name: GOD EATER Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Tales of Legendia ~voice of character quest~ 2
Composers: Go Shiina [+ Do as Infinity]
Arrangement: Seiji Kameda
Label: avex mode
Release date: 27/09/2006

Album name: Grandia II ~DEUS / POVO~ [Two albums]
[Additional entry overlap – see Grandia]

----

Tekken 4
Album name: TEKKEN4 Original Sound Tracks
Composers: Yū Miyake, Akitaka Tohyama, Satoru Kosaki [+ Hiroshi Okubo, Keiki Kobayashi]
Label: Scritron Digital Contents (Sony Music Distribution)
Release date: 22/05/2002

Album name: Tekken 6 Soundtrack
Composers: Various Artists [+ Rio Hamamoto, Ryuichi Takada, Keiichi Okabe, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Shinji Hosoe, Yoshihito Yano, Ayako Saso, Go Shiina, Satoru Kosaki, Akitaka Tohyama, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, Yoshimi Kudo, Noriyuki Kamikura, Azusa Chiba, Kimihiro Abe, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Keigo Hoashi, Keiki Kobayashi, Kakeru Ishihama]
Arrangement: Nicole Brady, Jackson Harrison
Release date: 09/12/2009

Album name: NO MORE HEROES ORIGINAL SOUND TRACKS
Composers: Masafumi Takada, Jun Fukuda
Arrangement: Masatoshi Moriwaki
Label: Marvelous Entertainment (Geneon Entertainment)
Release date: 23/01/2008

Album name: Katamari Original Soundtrack Damacy [8 previously released tracks + new tracks and arrangements]
Composers: Yū Miyake [+ Yuri Misumi, Hideki Tobeta, Yoshihito Yano, Akitaka Tohyama, Ryuichi Takada, Hiroshi Okubo, Masashi Sugiyama, Katsuro Tajima, Tomomitsu Kaneko, P.I. Tchaikovsky, DOKAKA, Asuka Sakai]
Arrangement: Yuri Misumi, Yū Miyake, Hideki Tobeta, Yoshihito Yano, Akitaka Tohyama, Hiroshi Okubo, Masashi Sugiyama, Katsuro Tajima, DOKAKA
Release date: 21/12/2005

----

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Album name: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Special Edition Soundtrack
Composer: Jeremy Soule
Label: DirectSong
Release date: 2006

Album name: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Original Soundtrack
Label: DirectSong
Release date: 11/03/2006

Album name: Guild Wars Soundtrack
Label: NC Interactive
Release date: 28/04/2005

Album name: Neverwinter Nights Original Soundtrack
Label: Atari
Release date: 2002

----

The Path
Album name: The Path Soundtrack
Composers: Kris Force, Jarboe
Label: Paradigms Recordings
Release date: 24/04/2010

Album name: SIREN: New Translation ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Hitomi Shimizu [+ Hirokads Sakaguchi, Taro Nagata]
Arrangement: ikd-sj, Taro Nagata
Release date: 27/08/2008

Album name: Silent Hill Original Soundtrack
Composers: Akira Yamaoka
Arrangement: Akira Yamaoka
Release date: 20/07/2007

Album name: Biohazard 4 Soundtrack Book
Composers: Shusaku Uchiyama, Misao Senbongi
Release date: 22/12/2005

----

The Settlers 7
Album name: The Settlers 7: Path to a Kingdom Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: Dynamedion [Tilman Sillescu, Jochen Flach, Alexander Roeder, Alex Pfeffer, Markus Schmidt, Marc Rosenberger, Benny Oschmann + Karina Gretere]
Release date: 12/07/2010

Album name: The Sims Medieval Ingame Soundtrack
Composers: John Debney
Label: Electronic Arts
Release date: 25/03/2011

Album name: The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Original Game Soundtrack
Composers: Michael Pummell
Release date: 25/09/2007

Album name: The Lord of the Rings Online Soundtrack
Composers: Chance Thomas [+ Stephen Digregorio, Geoff Scott, Brad Spears, Harry Chase, Egan Budd]
Label: Turbine, Inc.
Release date: 12/05/2009

----

Thunder Force 4
Album name: Technosoft GAME MUSIC COLLECTION VOL5 ~ Thunder Force IV
Composers: Takeshi Yoshida, Toshiharu Yamanishi, Tomomi Ōtani
Label: TechnoSoft
Release date: 01/08/1992

Album name: Devil Crash / Alien Crush
Composers: Toshiaki Sakoda
Arrangement: Tetsuya "EDDIE" Yoshikawa, Hiroshi Fujioka, Chuji Nagaoka, Noriyuki Iwadare, Mitsuhiro Saito
Label: Tokuma Japan (Tokuma Communications)
Release date: 25/06/1990

Album name: Alien Soldier
Composers: NON
Arrangement: NON
Release date: 19/04/1995

Album name: Gleylancer Original Soundtracks
Composers: Masanori Hikichi, Noriyuki Iwadare, Yoshiaki Kubotera, Isao Mizoguchi
Label: EGG MUSIC
Release date: 16/02/2007

----

Turrican
Album name: Turrican Soundtrack Anthology
Composers: Chris Hülsbeck [+ Vince Dicola, Ramiro Vaca]
Arrangement: Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian del Priore, Vince DiCola, Kenny Meriedeth, Robert Stjärnström, Jonas Rörling, Roger Wanamo, Jan Zottman
Label: Chris Hülsbeck Productions
Release date: 26/11/2013

Album name: Hülsbeck Vol.1: Shades [More or less a regular album]
Composers: Chris Hülsbeck [+ Rudolf Stember]
Arrangement: Chris Hülsbeck, Andreas Hofmann, Rudolf Stember
Label: A.U.D.I.O.S. Entertainment
Release date: 1991

Album name: IMMORTAL 3 & 4 [Arrangements, two albums]
Arrangement: Various Artists
Label: synSONIQ Records (3); MAZ Sound Tools (4)
Release date: 15/06/2006 (3); 11/04/2011

Album name: 25th Anniversary Rockman Rock Arrange Ver. [Arrangements]
[Additional entry overlap – see Rockman]

----

Unlimited SaGa
Album name: UNLIMITED: SaGa Original Soundtrack
Composer: Masashi Hamauzu
Arrangement: Shirō Hamaguchi, Masashi Hamauzu, Ryō Yamazaki
Release date: 22/01/2003

Album name: SaGa FRONTIER II Original Soundtrack
Composer: Masashi Hamauzu
Arrangement: Masashi Hamauzu
Release date: 21/04/1999

Album name: SIGMA HARMONICS Original Soundtrack
Composer: Masashi Hamauzu [+ Shinya Saito]
Arrangement: Masashi Hamauzu, Mitsuto Suzuki, Shinya Saito
Release date: 24/09/2008

Album name: Piano Collections FINAL FANTASY X [Arrangements]
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu, Junya Nakano, Masashi Hamauzu
Arrangement: Masashi Hamauzu
Release date: 20/02/2002

----

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst
Album name: Uru Music
Composer: Tim Larkin
Label: Cyan Worlds
Release date: 18/12/2003

Album name: Myst V: End of Ages Soundtrack
Composer: Tim Larkin
Label: Ubisoft / Cyan Worlds
Release date: 25/10/2005

Album name: Monster Hunter Soundtrack Book
Composer: Masato Koda, Tetsuya Shibata, Mitsuhiko Takano
Arrangement: Shiro Hamaguchi
Release date: 24/06/2004

Album name: Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary Soundtrack
Composer: Troels Brun Folmann
Label: Eidos Interactive
Release date: 01/06/2007

----

Vagrant Story
Album name: VAGRANT STORY Original Soundtrack
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Takeharu Ishimoto, Hirosato Noda
Release date: 08/03/2000

Album name: Final Fantasy Tactics Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Radiant Silvergun]

Album name: RADIANT SILVERGUN SOUNDTRACK+
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Tactics Ogre Unmei no Wa Original Soundtrack
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata [+ Hayato Matsuo]
Arrangement: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Azusa Chiba, Noriyuki Kamikura, Masaharu Iwata, Yoshimi Kudo, Kimihiro Abe, Nicole Brady, Dave Volpe
Release date: 10/11/2010

----

Valkyrie Profile
Album name: Valkyrie Profile Original Soundtrack
Release date: 17/02/2000

Album name: Star Ocean: The Second Story Original Soundtrack
Release date: 18/11/1998

Album name: Shining the Holy Ark Original Soundtrack
Label: Oo Records (Sony Music Entertainment Japan)
Release date: 12/12/1996

Album name: Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile Sound Track THE BEST [Compilation]
[Additional entry overlap – see Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time]

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: VALKYRIE PROFILE ARRANGE ALBUM [Arrangements]
Release date: 01/03/2000

Album name: Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile [Arrangements]
Release date: 22/10/2003

----

Wander and the Colossus
Album name: Wander and the Colossus Original Soundtrack: Roar of the Earth
Composer: Kow Otani
Arrangement: Kow Otani
Release date: 07/12/2005

Album name: Elemental Gearbolt Original Sound Track & Drama
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Journey Original Soundtrack
Composer: Austin Wintory
Arrangement: Austin Wintory, Susie Benchasil Seiter
Label: Sony Computer Entertainment America
Release date: 10/04/2012

Album name: AZEL –PanzerDragoonRPG– COMPLETE ALBUM
[Additional entry overlap – see Panzer Dragoon Orta]

----

Wild Arms
Album name: WILD ARMS Complete Tracks [36 out of the 79 tracks were previously released in 1997 on a partial soundtrack album]
Composer: Michiko Naruke
Arrangement: Kazuhiko Toyama, Takeo Miratsu
Release date: 05/04/2006

Album name: WILD ARMS Alter code: F ORIGINAL SCORE
Arrangement: Michiko Naruke
Release date: 21/01/2004

Album name: Outlaws Original Music Soundtrack
Composer: Clint Bajakian [+ Mark Crowley]
Label: LucasArts Entertainment Company
Release date: 1997

Album name: Red Dead Redemption Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see Mr. Bones]

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: WILD ARMS Music the Best –feeling wind– [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Yasuo Sakou
Release date: 23/08/2006

Album name: WILD ARMS Music the Best –rocking heart– [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Nittoku Inoue, Nobuhiko Kashiwara, Nao Tokisawa, Atsushi Tomita, transquillo, Ryō Yonemitsu
Release date: 04/10/2006

Album name: alone in the world WILD ARMS Vocal Collection [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Michiko Naruke, Takeshi Yamanaka, CHOKKAKU, Kow Otani
Label: SME Visual Works

----

Xenosaga II
Album name: Xenosaga II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse ~Movie Scene Soundtrack~
Composer: Yuki Kajiura
Arrangement: Yuki Kajiura
Release date: 07/07/2004

Album name: Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra ORIGINAL SOUND BEST TRACKS
Composer: Yuki Kajiura
Arrangement: Yuki Kajiura
Release date: 12/07/2006

Album name: SAKIYA=RUMEI Ar tonelico III hymnos concert side.Blue [Arrangements]
Composer: Various Artists [Ken Nakagawa, Akira Tsuchiya, Akiko Shikata, Yoko Ueno, KOKIA]
Arrangement: Ken Nakagawa, Akira Tsuchiya, Akiko Shikata, Yoko Ueno, Masumi Ito
Release date: 27/01/2010

Album name: LAST RANKER Original Soundtrack
[Additional entry overlap – see God Eater]

----

Ys I&II Chronicles
Album name: Ys I&II Chronicles ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
Composers: Yūzō Koshiro, Mieko Ishikawa [+ Hideya Nagata, Masaya Hashimoto]
Arrangement: Yukihiro Jindō
Label: Falcom
Release date: 19/11/2009

Album name: Ys –THE OATH IN FELGHANA– ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Composers: Mieko Ishikawa [+ Masaaki Kawai]
Arrangement: Yukihiro Jindo, Masashi "Jill" Okagaki
Release date: 23/09/2005

Album name: Symphony Ys [Arrangements]
[Additional entry overlap – see below]

Album name: Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki Alternative Saga Original Soundtrack
Composers: Falcom Sound Team jdk
Arrangement: Yukihiro Jindo
Release date: 14/07/2011

Autour du même jeu :

Album name: Symphony Ys [Arrangements]
Composers: Yūzō Koshiro, Mieko Ishikawa [+ Hideya Nagata]
Arrangement: Kentarō Haneda
Release date: 05/11/1988

Album name: Ys Healing [Arrangements]
Arrangement: Falcom Sound Team jdk
Release date: 21/12/2001

Album name: PERFECT COLLECTION Ys I-II Complete Works of RYŌ YONEMITSU [Compilation]
Arrangement: Ryō Yonemitsu
Release date: 21/12/2001

----

The Legend of Zelda
Arrangement: Yoshiyuki Itō, Masumi Itō
Release date: 22/06/1994

Album name: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Original Sound Track
Arrangement: Kōji Kondō
Release date: 18/12/1998

Album name: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Hyrule Symphony [Arrangements]
Composer: Kōji Kondō [+ Minako Hamano, Kozue Ishikawa, Akito Nakatsuka]
Arrangement: Ryuichi Katsumata
Label: Players Planet (Media Factory)
Release date: 27/01/1999

Album name: STARFOX 64 Original Soundtrack
Composer: Kōji Kondō, Hajime Wakai
Release date: 17/10/1997

----

zOMG !
Album name: zOMG ! The Original Soundtrack
Label: Direct Song
Release date: 25/06/2009

Album name: UNLIMITED: SaGa Original Soundtrack
[Main entry overlap]

Album name: Albert Odyssey Gaiden: Legend of Eldean
Composer: Naoki Kodaka
Arrangement: Naoki Kodaka
Release date: 21/03/1996

Album name: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Original Game Soundtrack [Mostly the same as the previously released “Special Edition Soundtrack”]
Label: Bethesda Softworks
Release date: 31/01/2013
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

I'm thinking about making a simplified list with only the album names, composers to whom it should be credited and the release year, but I'm too fed up with it for the moment, so if it happens, it'll happen later.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Compliments on all of this super hard work, Pierre! Now the list of game soundtracks that are represented and not represented makes sense to me...
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

JimmyJazz wrote:Compliments on all of this super hard work, Pierre! Now the list of game soundtracks that are represented and not represented makes sense to me...
Thank you! I hope you will have as much fun exploring this list as you would playing the actual games... ;)
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Too bad the wonderfully atmospheric music of Metroid Prime is only a runner-up. Also, because of popularity I would have expected F-Zero to make it somehow.

But overall it's a great list, even though I'll admit knowing relatively few of the actual scores and games.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

If Grand Theft Auto San Andreas made the list, it would have been nice to see a SSX soundtrack considered too (at least as a bubbler). The SSX3 soundtrack more specificaly was very good.
And a nod to Rock n' Roll Racing which was one of the first games to use famous songs, were they instrumental 16 bit versions.
And Bust a Move (Jap)/Bust a Groove(US/EU) should be added below Parappa the Rapper ! Some songs were cheesy but sort of in a good way and others I still listen to once in a while.

Glad to see Donkey Kong Country 2 which might be my favorite soundtrack after Jet Set Radio and Final Fantasy VII.

On the other hand while Eternal Arcadia/Skies of Arcadia would probably end up in my top 10 favorite games of all time, I don't remember any song from its soundtrack !
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Rob wrote:Too bad the wonderfully atmospheric music of Metroid Prime is only a runner-up. Also, because of popularity I would have expected F-Zero to make it somehow.

But overall it's a great list, even though I'll admit knowing relatively few of the actual scores and games.
Thanks for your comment! That's one of the reason I like the list, it helps me discover a lot of music I was anaware of. I believe it's a worthy document, although a bit expensive.
Nassim wrote:If Grand Theft Auto San Andreas made the list, it would have been nice to see a SSX soundtrack considered too (at least as a bubbler). The SSX3 soundtrack more specificaly was very good.
And a nod to Rock n' Roll Racing which was one of the first games to use famous songs, were they instrumental 16 bit versions.
And Bust a Move (Jap)/Bust a Groove(US/EU) should be added below Parappa the Rapper ! Some songs were cheesy but sort of in a good way and others I still listen to once in a while.

Glad to see Donkey Kong Country 2 which might be my favorite soundtrack after Jet Set Radio and Final Fantasy VII.

On the other hand while Eternal Arcadia/Skies of Arcadia would probably end up in my top 10 favorite games of all time, I don't remember any song from its soundtrack !
I guess GTA managed to get an entry because their soundtracks have been perceived as exhaustive documents of the period's music. Otherwise, I believe the author tried to privilege original material.

Donkey Kong Country soundtracks sure are great. In a similar style, although much shorter, I liked the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (a relatively minor platformer on PC, although with a cult following) music in its time, but it was sadly not released as a stand-alone OST. I also think FFVII should have been there, and some other entries from this series too, but I perceive their absence as an attempt by the author to expand his potential audience's (mostly gamers I guess) knowledge, after all, Nobuo Uematsu is pretty much where almost everyone start when they get interested in VG music.

Otherwise I think there's a bias towards console games, with few PC-only games having OSTs here.

JimmyJazz has mentioned that he knew of other lists of video game music, I would be curious to see them as well.
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

There are quite a few VG music lists I would be happy to share! I'll probably create a separate thread to post them all in. There are both professional lists that will be posted, as well as some fan polls of individual VG tunes that I'll post for those who are curious, not to be factored in.
VanillaFire1000
Let's Get It On

Post by VanillaFire1000 »

Wow, I can't believe I missed this post. Super excellent work on putting it all up here, although I am unsurprised about alot of the list. I guess the one big "music game" that they really missed from the previous generations would be Gitaroo Man, which really is one of the more obscure games.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

VanillaFire1000 wrote:Wow, I can't believe I missed this post. Super excellent work on putting it all up here, although I am unsurprised about alot of the list. I guess the one big "music game" that they really missed from the previous generations would be Gitaroo Man, which really is one of the more obscure games.
Thank you, it was hard work! I guess they tried to live up to the "essential" in the title of the book. This list is one of the first of its kind, so I'm quite glad they went with the standards to introduce a potential audience to video game music, even though the list can be called unadventurous. Maybe there will be further lists in the future that will complete this one, starting with the ones JimmyJazz will post soon.

Return to “Soundtracks”