R.I.P. Juice Wrld

Cold Butterfly
Different Class

R.I.P. Juice Wrld

Post by Cold Butterfly »

One of the most famous musicians to emerge from the SoundCloud scene has died. It pains me to say that Juice Wrld died at the age of 21, from a seizure apparently -
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.co ... -hospital/

There is no doubt that Juice Wrld was one of the musicians who brought “emo rap” to the mainstream consciousness - playing a huge part in popularizing it. Songs like “Lucid Dreams” and “All Girls Are The Same” are landmarks of the genre’s explosion, and it’s current popularity. He may be gone now, but he will never be forgotten.

I remember how big his songs were in 2018 - my friends used to play his stuff all time. He will be missed.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Re: R.I.P. Juice Wrld

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

This shit hits me hard. I loved Juice WRLD because I love emo rap. Lil Peep is one of my top artists and XXXTENTACION was trying to turn his life around and they are both gone. I always thought Juice WRLD was going to carry the torch for years to come.

I can already see the people talking about how he is an idiot and drugs and shit. But honestly both him and Peep’s music talked about drugs and their mental health and depression but a lot of people don’t see that. I have always found their music helped me in hard times not the opposite and I honored how straight forward they were about their problems. Even if they were on hard drugs, the main issue is why they started and why no one helped them stop. No one, while at least most, can’t stop an addiction by themselves.
Edre the Depeche Head
Cold Butterfly
Different Class

Post by Cold Butterfly »

Edre Peraza wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:39 pm This shit hits me hard. I loved Juice WRLD because I love emo rap. Lil Peep is one of my top artists and XXXTENTACION was trying to turn his life around and they are both gone. I always thought Juice WRLD was going to carry the torch for years to come.

I can already see the people talking about how he is an idiot and drugs and shit. But honestly both him and Peep’s music talked about drugs and their mental health and depression but a lot of people don’t see that. I have always found their music helped me in hard times not the opposite and I honored how straight forward they were about their problems. Even if they were on hard drugs, the main issue is why they started and why no one helped them stop. No one, while at least most, can’t stop an addiction by themselves.
I knew you were a big fan of him based on your posts, and i'm sorry about his death because I know what he meant to you. And I completely agree with your point about drug addiction as well.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

Cold Butterfly wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:43 pm
Edre Peraza wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:39 pm This shit hits me hard. I loved Juice WRLD because I love emo rap. Lil Peep is one of my top artists and XXXTENTACION was trying to turn his life around and they are both gone. I always thought Juice WRLD was going to carry the torch for years to come.

I knew you were a big fan of him based on your posts, and i'm sorry about his death because I know what he meant to you. And I completely agree with your point about drug addiction as well.
Yeah. I just hope nothing happens to like Post Malone and Travis Scott or something
Edre the Depeche Head

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”