When's AM going to update?

Nowhere Man
Start Me Up

When's AM going to update?

Post by Nowhere Man »

It's been over two years since the last update now, homepage still says it'll update "sometime in 2020" but we're close to the end of the year and nothing yet. I seriously don't think COVID-19 is so bad that it's capable of halting a website's updating schedule (after all, that doesn't even involve leaving your home, at least theoretically), and there should already be plenty of stuff from 2019 to be compiled for the database.
So I'm sorry if I'm being pushy, but what is it with the site not updating?
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Re: When's AM going to update?

Post by Holden »

Henrik says hopefully in November. And if you check the update history, it does sometimes take two years to update.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

If we ever had a 10 commandments of this website, I would hope commandment number 1 would be "thou shall not push for an update".

Seriously though, Henrik is a busy man. We get updates when we get updates. As far as I see it, we should be thankful that the man is still working on this site after about twenty years of work.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Nick wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:12 pm If we ever had a 10 commandments of this website, I would hope commandment number 1 would be "thou shall not push for an update".

Seriously though, Henrik is a busy man. We get updates when we get updates. As far as I see it, we should be thankful that the man is still working on this site after about twenty years of work.
No. 2 would be "no guys, Limp Bizkit was NOT good"
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Holden wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Nick wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:12 pm If we ever had a 10 commandments of this website, I would hope commandment number 1 would be "thou shall not push for an update".

No. 2 would be "no guys, Limp Bizkit was NOT good"
Sounds like someone hasn't heard "Fredhammer" yet.
Nowhere Man
Start Me Up

Post by Nowhere Man »

OK. Thank you, and again, I'm very sorry. I promise I'll never talk about this again.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Nowhere Man wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 am

OK. Thank you, and again, I'm very sorry. I promise I'll never talk about this again.
It's okay! No need to apologize. I get being antsy. I love it when the site updates, so I can absolutely understand the urge to ask. But in my many years here I've found it's better to leave Henrik to his own devices and that the update will come when it comes.

Return to “General Discussion”