SpongeBob Poll?

whuntva
Keep On Movin'

SpongeBob Poll?

Post by whuntva »

I have been thinking about doing this for awhile, but I would like to gauge interest first. Stephen Hillenburg, creator of SpongeBob SquarePants, died in October, and I have been thinking of doing a poll of our favorite 11-minute segments for awhile. While it is the most popular show of my generation hands-down, I don't know if the forum would have enough participants willing to do this poll.

I saw something like this with The Simpsons, but that has been on much longer and appeals to a different demographic. But still, it could happen. So who would be interested in a SpongeBob poll?
" Ah, yes! Our meager restitution"
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: SpongeBob Poll?

Post by Nick »

I’m only really familiar with seasons 1-4, but the first 3 seasons basically defined my childhood and are generally considered the best of the show (by a long shot), so I feel as if I have enough knowledge to join in. I can probably make a top 20 episodes.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Nick wrote:I’m only really familiar with seasons 1-4, but the first 3 seasons basically defined my childhood and are generally considered the best of the show (by a long shot), so I feel as if I have enough knowledge to join in. I can probably make a top 20 episodes.
Alright, that works. Those seasons were the best anyway.

I think if we can get at least six participants, that would be a decent sample size. I don't ask for too many, but six could work.
Cold Butterfly
Different Class

Post by Cold Butterfly »

whuntva wrote:I have been thinking about doing this for awhile, but I would like to gauge interest first. Stephen Hillenburg, creator of SpongeBob SquarePants, died in October, and I have been thinking of doing a poll of our favorite 11-minute segments for awhile. While it is the most popular show of my generation hands-down, I don't know if the forum would have enough participants willing to do this poll.

I saw something like this with The Simpsons, but that has been on much longer and appeals to a different demographic. But still, it could happen. So who would be interested in a SpongeBob poll?
I'll gladly participate in this poll. I grew up with Spongebob, and to this day it's still one of my favorite television shows of all time. It brings a smile to my face that someone created this, as the show has played a huge part in my life.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Sure, I could give this a try. I'm in a similar boat to Nick as far as familiarity goes, but I grew up with the show.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Well, that's four. Matches the Simpsons poll, but I want to see who else might want to take a stab.

Anyone who can come up with a list of about ten I say could work. I'd like to see who else answers but it's great to see at least some interest already.
whuntva
Keep On Movin'

Post by whuntva »

Alright, so with my votes of confidence, I think I might give this a go. But I am unsure when to try. Though I am going to relate a bit of administrivia here.

For this poll, "episode" is defined as "11-minute segment OR 22-minute special". I know Nickelodeon included package episodes with two segments back in the day, but "segment" and "episode" are generally thought of as interchangeable, so I will too.

How long should the poll be open, though? Two weeks? A month? This may be low turnout anyway, but what seems most fair to everyone? I can see this working, but I need a decent timeframe.

I'm thinking of using the film poll formula which I myself used for the heats of the Classical poll. It's simple and this isn't anything on a grand scale anyway. So it works.

Return to “General Discussion”