Tabletop RPGs

Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Tabletop RPGs

Post by Jirin »

Out of curiosity, does anyone here play tabletop games such as D&D or gurps?

I played a lot of D&D and ran a campaign back in high school and college. Recently I've met more friends who played it and got drawn back in. I forgot how fun it was to be part of a good RPG group, not to mention to build a world for other people to play in.

There's another web forum I am a regular on where we have been trying to get an online campaign started, but since people are adults with busy lives, it's of course very easy to generate people but difficult to get enough people with the time to invest to actually start. Might anyone here be interested?

This campaign would be 5th edition D&D and happen semi-weekly, probably Saturday afternoons. Semi-weekly means it would happen on average every two weeks.

The campaign would of course be beginner friendly. Just this discussion on the other board really got me hyped up at DMing again. :)
Nassim
Full of Fire

Re: Tabletop RPGs

Post by Nassim »

I haven't played in a long while but I miss it quite a lot.
I'm not a huge fan of heroic fantasy, so D&D have never been a favorite of mine, but it can still be pretty fun (as long as you don't have a DM that is all about rules, in that case I'd go for something a bit simpler like Warhammer).

I really like games set in modern times (real or dystopian, but with no vampires please), my favorite is by far In Nomine Satanis/Magna Veritas (3rd and 4th edition, not the latest one), in big part for the humor of its lore, but I also really enjoyed The Call of Chtuluh, Zombies, Cops and have a special place in my heart for Feng Shui.
I'd also be open for the Firefly RPG anytime !

I doubt I could play semi-weekly at your time zone afternoon time though ;)
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Tabletop RPGs

Post by Jirin »

Modern and future settings are awesome too, they're just harder to A) Find well vetted systems and B) Get interest. I'd love to host a scifi styled game, especially if it's ships and aliens style scifi. Just I don't want to make up my own system from scratch for it, so I'd need to hunt down a good well balanced rule set.

Return to “General Discussion”