Play That Game

Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Play That Game

Post by Mulholland »

I hope this isn't too out of order to post this here, but I've seen my website mentioned on here before and this community seems like a good one to talk to.

My name is Peter. I've been a member of these forums for over 3 years and I run Play That Game. It's basically a Acclaimed Music or TSPDT-style website, but for video games.

The reason I've posted is three-fold.

Firstly, just to say thank you to everyone whose posted video games list in these forums. I have, like, 10 daily Google Alerts and yet you guys manage to find lists that those searches don't. So, thank you for that!

Secondly, just wanted to recognise how inspired I was by this site to go out and create my own! Without the amazing work here I would have never have put the work into my own.

Finally, just wanted to put out there that I'm doing my bi-annual list update at the end of the month - so if you have any more lists I would be grateful if you continued doing the good work.

Thank you so much, I know this was a long post :D
ValenN
Wannabe

Re: Play That Game

Post by ValenN »

I love your website, its one of my favorites! I check it pretty regularly for any changes.

The game awards just happened, and I'm wondering if you guys consider them into the aggregation. I'm doing my own project for the best TV shows that's heavily inspired by your site and this one, and I'm choosing to aggregate several different awards shows, but its tough to figure out and put everything on an even playing field.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Thank you so much! It's nice to know someone other than myself actually goes through the list :D

I'm gonna have to talk to my coder/husband about adding a 'last updated on' part to the front page so you know when I last ran the script. ;)

I haven't yet included those awards into my calculations, but I've got them in the backlog of lists to add. I just need to figure out how to work out the weighting for awards. I think awards are a good thing to add but, like the Grammy's show us, they have their place and can be rather limited in scope. So a pinch of salt n all that.
ValenN
Wannabe

Post by ValenN »

I'm sure there are others who also watch the site. It's just a matter of time for it to blow up like this one. Just wait, some big online presence will eventually mention it, and soon it'll be everywhere.

For my own project I'm choosing to consider non-professional outlets like YouTube channels for some lists, though for now I have the arbitrary restriction of at least 500,000 subscribers (i.e. WatchMojo, Channel Awesome, etc.), all just to give the more general audience a little bit of representation in the grand aggregation, since their opinions are also valid in some level.

For aggregating awards, I'm currently awarding winners the same point value as being #1 on a top 15 list, and nominated shows gain the value of being #11 on a top 15 too. The numbers are all arbitrary and could still use some fixing around, but I've experimented with other numbers and so far this seems to be the sweetspot of value. Granted, I haven't worked on the project for a few days since I'm going through some tough and busy times right now, but I'll probably pick it up when January starts. :music-rockon:
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Thanks, it would be nice if this got mentioned somewhere. To be fair it's only been a few years and it's not exactly the best name for Google.

It's an interesting idea to look at YouTube content creators. Might have to do some of my own research there, feeling a bit inspired for some more lists... I mean I've currently got 1600 in the database, but the more the better right!

Do you have a web presence for your list, or is it just on your computer?
ValenN
Wannabe

Post by ValenN »

I'm pretty tech savvy, but websites are kind of a huge blind spot for me. I tried making a site for this via SquareSpace, but it kind of failed. For now all my work lies in one giant Excel sheet that I'm afraid will break at any second...

My current plan is to eventually collaborate with someone who will go through the trouble of coding the site with my ideas, and I plan to start this quest when I finally reach 1000 lists, and currently I'm at near 500.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

I wish you luck with that! I can't wait to see how the top 100 shapes out :D
ValenN
Wannabe

Post by ValenN »

Well if you're curious, this is what it currently looks like:

1. The Sopranos
2. The Simpsons
3. The Wire
4. Mad Men
5. Seinfeld
6. Arrested Development
7. Lost
8. Breaking Bad
9. The Twilight Zone
10. South Park
11. The West Wing
12. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
13. Cheers
14. The X-Files
15. Twin Peaks (1990)
16. The Office (U.K.)
17. I Love Lucy
18. Friends
19. Battlestar Galactica (2004)
20. 30 Rock
21. All in the Family
22. Curb Your Enthusiasm
23. Game of Thrones
24. Freaks and Geeks
25. M*A*S*H
26. Six Feet Under
27. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
28. Sex and the City
29. Friday Night Lights
30. Saturday Night Live
31. The Office (U.S.)
32. Deadwood
33. The Shield
34. The Larry Sanders Show
35. Star Trek
36. The Daily Show
37. Roseanne
38. ER
39. Frasier
40. The Cosby Show
41. Doctor Who
42. My So-Called Life
43. Parks and Recreation
44. Fawlty Towers
45. Law & Order
46. Hill Street Blues
47. The Honeymooners
48. 24
49. Futurama
50. Louie
51. Monty Python's Flying Circus
52. Star Trek: The Next Generation
53. NYPD Blue
54. Taxi
55. Veep
56. The Andy Griffith Show
57. The Golden Girls
58. Cowboy Bebop
59. Beavis and Butt-Head
60. Modern Family
61. Gilmore Girls
62. Chappelle's Show
63. Homeland
64. The Dick Van Dyke Show
65. Late Show with David Letterman
66. Family Guy
67. Dexter
68. The Bob Newhart Show
69. Sesame Street
70. Downton Abbey
71. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
72. Batman: The Animated Series
73. Homicide: Life on the Street
74. SpongeBob SquarePants
75. Orange is the New Black
76. Neon Genesis Evangelion
77. Firefly
78. The Carol Burnett Show
79. Will & Grace
80. Fargo
81. The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
82. The Prisoner
83. The Walking Dead
84. Survivor
85. Oz
86. Prime Suspect
87. Community
88. Your Show of Shows
89. The Muppet Show
90. Alfred Hitchcock Presents
91. The Wonder Years
92. Mystery Science Theater 3000
93. Thirtysomething
94. House of Cards (2013)
95. The Good Wife
96. Sherlock
97. House
98. The Colbert Report
99. St. Elsewhere
100. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I'm the process of adding the 1001 shows you have to watch before you die list, so it'll take a while before I can get to more lists. My project will include all types of TV series, including Anime, Game Shows, Miniseries, OVAs, Talk Shows, Soap Operas, Realities (ugh), Old-Time Cartoons, etc.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

So I've run my update and, in case anyone is interested, here is how 2017 games have placed:

121 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
273 Horizon: Zero Dawn
286 Super Mario Odyssey
334 Resident Evil 7
438 Nier: Automata
457 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
523 Destiny 2
538 Splatoon 2
568 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
589 Cuphead
661 PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
692 Assassin's Creed Origins
702 Arms
720 What Remains of Edith Finch
722 Sonic Mania
864 Prey
948 Divinity: Original Sin 2
964 Snipperclips
983 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

EGM and Eurogamer haven't done their end of year lists yet, but I just couldn't wait to run the calculations :D
ValenN
Wannabe

Post by ValenN »

Mulholland wrote:So I've run my update and, in case anyone is interested, here is how 2017 games have placed:

121 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
273 Horizon: Zero Dawn
286 Super Mario Odyssey
334 Resident Evil 7
438 Nier: Automata
457 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
523 Destiny 2
538 Splatoon 2
568 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
589 Cuphead
661 PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
692 Assassin's Creed Origins
702 Arms
720 What Remains of Edith Finch
722 Sonic Mania
864 Prey
948 Divinity: Original Sin 2
964 Snipperclips
983 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

EGM and Eurogamer haven't done their end of year lists yet, but I just couldn't wait to run the calculations :D
Shocked at the absence of Persona 5; never played it, but seen it on a lot of lists.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Nel_Valen wrote:Shocked at the absence of Persona 5; never played it, but seen it on a lot of lists.
That came out in Japan in 2016 so it's in the 2016 section. It's one of the more annoying parts of making a games list.

Persona 5 (originally out 2016) - 377
Yakuza 0 (originally out 2015) - 949
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Most of my favorite TV shows fall somewhere on that list, though disappointing that Star Trek DS9 does not make it. It explored a lot of the same themes as the big 00s scifi shows, just because it came out *before* 2001 people still wanted a utopian TNG-like show. Also its reputation gets diluted by mostly being on at the same time as Voyager, the most mediocre Trek.

Good to see Persona on the list but weird to see 4 the highest of the Persona games when I see it as by far the weakest of the later three. Also disappointing that besides Persona there are no Shin Megami Tensei games on the list, not even the brilliant Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga. Nichier JRPGs are criminally underrepresented. No non-Persona SMT, Symphonia as the only Tales, and no Star Ocean.

Kind of amusing that every single numbered Final Fantasy is on the list EXCEPT XIII, including the two MMOs and the three that were not originally released in the US.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I only now saw the site. Good job!

What confuses me though is the inclusion of E.T. at #749. A game that is notorious for being unplayable. Surely it didn't a reappraisal?
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I keep thinking "Oh, I want to tackle the top 100" but then look and remember the top game I haven't played is World of Warcraft...

Anyone want to tackle this one with me, make our own AMF WOW group?
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

BleuPanda wrote:I keep thinking "Oh, I want to tackle the top 100" but then look and remember the top game I haven't played is World of Warcraft...

Anyone want to tackle this one with me, make our own AMF WOW group?
I would love to do this. The only games in the top 10 that I've beaten are FFVII and BioShock. I am currently going through the top 300 (as of December 27, 2017). Right now I am on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (#296). So far I've beaten Ninja Gaiden (1988), Fable II, PaRappa the Rapper, and Doom II: Hell on Earth.
There is No More Firmament.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Top game I haven't played is Half Life 2. But I've never been into shooters.

Why is the original Mario Kart the highest rated Mario Kart game? It's one example where almost every single sequel has objectively improved.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

For me the highest unplayed game is also Half-Life 2, but I have no ambition to tackle this whole top 100. I don't have the time for it and currently spend up to 3 and 4 months on a decent-sizes game. Or example, I'm close to finishing Mario Odyssey now after three months, and that seems fast to me as I played more than usual. The financial burden of buying every console is also a huge obstacle.
Jirin wrote: Why is the original Mario Kart the highest rated Mario Kart game? It's one example where almost every single sequel has objectively improved.
It's not my favorite either, but I think it is still the purist's choice.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

You think so? It's got awkward mechanics, boring flat repetitive tracks. Even the gamers I know who obsess over getting the perfect score on 80s arcade games like the later entries better, though they disagree on which particular one is best.

In a lot of cases I think the original games are objectively better games if you look past graphics and modern conveniences, but Mario Kart is not one of those cases. It's like calling Final Fantasy 1 the best Final Fantasy because it came first.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Jirin wrote:You think so? It's got awkward mechanics, boring flat repetitive tracks. Even the gamers I know who obsess over getting the perfect score on 80s arcade games like the later entries better, though they disagree on which particular one is best.

In a lot of cases I think the original games are objectively better games if you look past graphics and modern conveniences, but Mario Kart is not one of those cases. It's like calling Final Fantasy 1 the best Final Fantasy because it came first.
I agree that the sequels are better (except Double Dash) but not that every single was an improvement (though I wouldn't argue too much if you told me Mario Kart 8 is the best one, I think it only falls short to the DS one). Wouldn't say there have been fundamental improvements after the N64 version though.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

ordinaryperson wrote:I would love to do this. The only games in the top 10 that I've beaten are FFVII and BioShock. I am currently going through the top 300 (as of December 27, 2017). Right now I am on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (#296). So far I've beaten Ninja Gaiden (1988), Fable II, PaRappa the Rapper, and Doom II: Hell on Earth.
That's really cool!

How many are you at out of 300?
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Mulholland wrote:
ordinaryperson wrote:I would love to do this. The only games in the top 10 that I've beaten are FFVII and BioShock. I am currently going through the top 300 (as of December 27, 2017). Right now I am on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (#296). So far I've beaten Ninja Gaiden (1988), Fable II, PaRappa the Rapper, and Doom II: Hell on Earth.
That's really cool!

How many are you at out of 300?
43/300, but I was thinking since there are other people on the forum that also want to go through the list (especially the top 100) we could start a game club and go down from #100. That would mean with the current update of the list we would start on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Edit - 3/30: Today I finally beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. While the gameplay is good, the game is extremely hard. It constantly throws extremely hard bosses at you and the final boss (well the second to last boss) is exhausting to beat. In order to get into the final area of the game you need to get 9 keys,and their impossible to find without a guide.
I almost got 100% but I missed 1 missile expansion. I couldn't be bothered to look through all 51 missile locations when I was right near the end of the game. Another problem was that I kept on getting lost. All the areas in the game are stacked on top of each other and they all blur together to point that when backtracking I couldn't remember how to get to some of the places.
Although the way I may make it seem like Echoes is bad there were parts that I actually had fun with. The game doesn't really become a pain to get through until you end up in Sanctuary Fortress. Ironically, Sanctuary Fortress is the best design place in the game. Overall it's a fun but hard game I would only recommend it to you if you've already played Prime 1 & 3. The next game on the list is WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! which seems interesting...
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Done a six-month update.

Some moves here and there but here's the headlines:
:scared-shocked:Breath of the Wild and The Witcher 3 cement their places in the Top 100
:scared-shocked:Overwatch enters the Top 100 and knocks out Planescape Torment
:scared-shocked:Bayonetta 2 and Shovel Knight have entered the Top 250
:scared-shocked: Monster Hunter: World is the first 2018 game to enter the Top 1000
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I decided to tackle Halo this weekend with a friend, got through the first eight of ten levels in one go. I feel like World of Warcraft is just going to sit in that awful place of being a top 10 game I won't get around to; all my friends who do play MMORPGs have moved on to Final Fantasy XIV, and that's the one I decided to try out.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

One issue I have with this list is that minor variations of the same game are listed separately. Are any publications listing both Ninja Gaiden (2004) and Ninja Gaiden Black simultaneously? Black is essentially a director's cut; where would Ninja Gaiden (2004) land if the two games were combined? Same thing with the various Street Fighters and their expanded editions, and the third versions of certain Pokemon generations.

(Bringing this up because I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Black - what an absurdly hard game...)
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

What do you guys think will end up being game of the year for 2018? I was looking at the schedule for the rest of the year and aside from Red Dead 2 and Smash Ultimate nothing really interesting is coming out. So far, I could imagine most of the GOTY nominees consisting of:

God of War
Monster Hunter World
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

The only one of those that I could imagine not being a nominee is Monster Hunter, but what would replace that? Mega Man 11? Hitman 2? Celeste? Dragon Ball FighterZ? What do you think?
letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Post by letmeintomyzone »

ordinaryperson wrote:What do you guys think will end up being game of the year for 2018? I was looking at the schedule for the rest of the year and aside from Red Dead 2 and Smash Ultimate nothing really interesting is coming out. So far, I could imagine most of the GOTY nominees consisting of:

God of War
Monster Hunter World
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

The only one of those that I could imagine not being a nominee is Monster Hunter, but what would replace that? Mega Man 11? Hitman 2? Celeste? Dragon Ball FighterZ? What do you think?
Is this GOTY nominees as in EOY lists?

Did Persona 5, BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon: Zero Dawn, NIER: Automata, end up being the EOY staples of last year, if my readings are correct?
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

letmeintomyzone wrote:
Is this GOTY nominees as in EOY lists?

Did Persona 5, BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon: Zero Dawn, NIER: Automata, end up being the EOY staples of last year, if my readings are correct?
By what I have the big winners from last year were:

88 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
185 Super Mario Odyssey
209 Horizon: Zero Dawn
285 Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
287 Nier: Automata
328 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
390 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
394 PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

I don't really count Persona 5 on the site as that came out in 2016 originally in Japan, but it really did gain a heapload of points based on it's placement in last year's lists.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

I checked Meteoritic recently and found that Forza Horizon 4 and Astro Bot: Rescue Mission both have 90+ scores. Forza has 65 positive critic reviews while Astro Bot has 15. Maybe Forza will be a major EOY/GOTY contender.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Unsurprisingly the reviews for Red Dead Redemption 2 are laudatory, would be surprised if it didn't end up game of the year. Going to get it tomorrow, hopefully I can find some time to play it...
I don't remember being as excited by a release calendar as I've been by this September to December stretch ! Fallout 76, Smash Bros, Hitman 2, RDR2, Spider-Man, Valkyrie Chronicles 4 (actually never knew there were a 2 and a 3)... was also excited by the remake of The World End With You but the review kind of hurt my enthusiasm
letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Current predictions for the games that will end up on most EOY lists

Red Dead Redemption (will make top 100)
God of War (will make top 250)
Spider-Man
SSB Ultimate
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Random prediction, Persona 5 will drop into top 200 next update
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Over on Reddit I found a list of Metacritic's highest rated games of 2017 so far:

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 98
God of War - 94
Celeste - 92
Monster Hunter World - 90
Into the Breach - 90
Dead Cells - 90
Spider-Man - 87

Just thought I should bring this up since we're talking about what the EOY could look like.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

I made a Smash Ultimate Tier list based off of the game rankings on Play That Game.
Updated 18/4: Joker (Persona 5)
Update #2 15/8: Hero (Dragon Quest XI)
Update #3 10/11: Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) and Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ordinaryperson on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

ordinaryperson wrote:I made a Smash Ultimate Tier list based off of the game rankings on Play That Game.
Oh man that's really cool!

Interesting to see how many of the characters aren't in a game within the top 1000.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to say that GameStar, one of the most important German PC gaming magazines, has done a top 250 PC games of all time list last year. I thought that maybe you want to include it in a future update, since I didn't find it in your source list. Here it is:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/die-250 ... 31911.html

I love your website, by the way!
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Krurze wrote:Hi Peter,

I just wanted to say that GameStar, one of the most important German PC gaming magazines, has done a top 250 PC games of all time list last year. I thought that maybe you want to include it in a future update, since I didn't find it in your source list. Here it is:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/die-250 ... 31911.html

I love your website, by the way!
Thank you :)

I've added this to my bookmark folder with all the lists I've yet to add. I've been writing a cookbook so am quite a bit behind :whistle:
ShavonPaule
Only Sixteen

Post by ShavonPaule »

How to play these games? Only by clicking on the game? Isn't it?
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Hey everyone! Right so I did my first major update since last August. Up to nearly 2500 lists on the site now.

The top games haven't really changed although The Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild and Skyrim all saw big boosts in the Top 100.

God of War is, at the moment, the only 2018 game to crack the Top 250, but RDR2 is knocking on the door.

Also saw a big rise for a lot of Game Boy and GBA games... and Street Fighter III for some reason :)
NPG0607
Are You Experienced?

Post by NPG0607 »

I decided to check on the website a few days ago, but it seems like it has crashed and I couldn’t access anything on it. I’m wondering if it’s just me or if there’s something wrong with the website?
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

It's not just you, I was going to post something here about it too. It's been down for weeks.
NPG0607
Are You Experienced?

Post by NPG0607 »

ordinaryperson wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:55 pm It's not just you, I was going to post something here about it too. It's been down for weeks.
I've already tried to contact Peter with my hotmail account but it seems like Microsoft couldn't get the job done.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

NPG0607 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:16 am
ordinaryperson wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:55 pm It's not just you, I was going to post something here about it too. It's been down for weeks.
I've already tried to contact Peter with my hotmail account but it seems like Microsoft couldn't get the job done.
Luckily, I have the last list on the website. Hopefully it's not down for good.

Funny thing is, I was thinking about doing a review series on YouTube about the top 250, that's how found out the website was down. If it's down for good I feel obligated to do the whole 1000.
NPG0607
Are You Experienced?

Post by NPG0607 »

ordinaryperson wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:08 am
NPG0607 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:16 am
Luckily, I have the last list on the website. Hopefully it's not down for good.

Funny thing is, I was thinking about doing a review series on YouTube about the top 250, that's how found out the website was down. If it's down for good I feel obligated to do the whole 1000.
It seems like Peter's blog (beforeikick.wordpress.com) is still functioning and active, I’ve tried sending a message through that website’s Contact Me section, it will be a real shame if the website’s really gone for good.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Hi all,

Right so there's been some issues with our domain hosting these last few weeks (the fact that I came back from a week in Hong Kong didn't help much).

A bunch of the things are 48 hour fixes on their end, but I'm hopeful we can get things sorted in the next week. It's been a bit of a nightmare.

It's actually been really nice to know that this has been missed! You know how sometimes this stuff is like putting things out into the void.

I have a mountain of lists to input so will be getting on that once all this is sorted. Don't worry this isn't a perma issue. PTG will be back 😁
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Ooh please let me know when you start on that!
NPG0607
Are You Experienced?

Post by NPG0607 »

Mulholland wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:25 am Hi all,

Right so there's been some issues with our domain hosting these last few weeks (the fact that I came back from a week in Hong Kong didn't help much).

A bunch of the things are 48 hour fixes on their end, but I'm hopeful we can get things sorted in the next week. It's been a bit of a nightmare.

It's actually been really nice to know that this has been missed! You know how sometimes this stuff is like putting things out into the void.

I have a mountain of lists to input so will be getting on that once all this is sorted. Don't worry this isn't a perma issue. PTG will be back 😁
Oh, thank goodness.

Glad to know this isn’t a permanent problem and I’m looking forward to its return. Thank you for your response.
ValenN
Wannabe

Post by ValenN »

Mulholland wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:25 am Hi all,

Was worried there for a sec! Glad to hear that things are alright. Looking forward to the end-of-decade results!
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Mulholland wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:29 am
Ooh please let me know when you start on that!
I won't be able to start working on it for a little while. I'll start working on it during my Christmas break, by then I'd imagine the list would be updated with 2019 games. I'll also (try) to do the top 1000 so I'll get to cover a wide range of different video games.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

And we are BACK (sort of).

Some back end issues to sort, but we are broadly functional again :D
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

Back to complete functionality and I currently have 160+ lists to bring in.

Someone please pray for me :lol:
Nowhere Man
Start Me Up

Post by Nowhere Man »

Hey, I didn't know this site until now. A nice read too, it could only have quick profiles for the games like AM has for the artists and albums, and also some level of distinction: for example, I'm checking the Game Boy Color list, and it has Spider-Man, which I think you mean the 2000 game by Activision, but the year is tagged 2018 (which corresponds to the PS4 game).
And I kinda feel vindicated that Ocarina of Time is #2 on your list, because that's my favorite game of all time, and I play all good stuff I can get.

Return to “General Discussion”