Should / does AcclaimedMusic have a poll for best books of all time or best videogames of all time?

letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Should / does AcclaimedMusic have a poll for best books of all time or best videogames of all time?

Post by letmeintomyzone »

No comment here.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Re: Should / does AcclaimedMusic have a poll for best books of all time or best videogames of all time?

Post by Nassim »

We did videogames per generations but never got around to the final round, maybe I should handle that soon if the original Handler of the poll won't.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Re: Should / does AcclaimedMusic have a poll for best books of all time or best videogames of all time?

Post by Gillingham »

There is an old thread somewhere about favorite books, but we never came around to doing a proper poll about books.
I love literature just as much as music and film.
notbrianeno
Movin' On Up

Post by notbrianeno »

I would absolutely love a literature poll. Books were my first obsession before music, and both continue to be today.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

I'm an avid reader, but there are a couple problems with a books poll.

First off, do we count fiction and nonfiction together? How about religious texts? Novels and short story collections? Should a series count as individual books or as a single unit?

Second off, there's a serious difference in time investment between a book, a movie, and an album. Where an album takes around 40 to 50 minutes to finish, and a movie takes around 2 hours, a book could take someone multiple weeks to finish, even at a reasonable pace. If we go forward with a book poll we should expect a lot (and I mean A LOT) less consensus on what our favorite books are. While it would be all too easy to check out every voters favorite movie you haven't watched, or album you haven't listened to, it might take a diligent reader a year to check out every voters favorite book you haven't read in a book poll.

I'm all for a book poll, especially as I don't have much to contribute in the way of a video game poll, but these are some issues we should expect to come up.

Return to “General Discussion”