Some query I have about some projects I was working on.

letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Some query I have about some projects I was working on.

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Anyway, as you may or may have not known from my history on this site, I was working on a list of the most acclaimed comic books (a top 200), TV shows (a top 200), and videogames (top 400). I was working on it with another person, but the person has either been inactive on AM, or just doesn't want to do it anymore. Anyway, I just was wondering, should I continue with the project?

I often struggle for recommendations for media, and what is considered "truly essential", or what people who are new to the medium, and want to get into the gems and classics of it, should look into, and I think that, this list, would be a good way to judge it.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Re: Some query I have about some projects I was working on.

Post by Romain »

As I said before, Videogames are universal so it's "easy" to make a top, TV shows are almost universal, so it's not difficult but for the comics, they are so different across the countries that it's impossible to make a "top something" who make sense "everywhere". Maybe a top comics by genre (comics, mangas, franco-belges) ?

For example, if you take the top 150 by les Inrocks', I'm not sure an american know a lot of them :
http://www.senscritique.com/liste/Les_1 ... ks/1014847
letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Romain wrote:As I said before, Videogames are universal so it's "easy" to make a top, TV shows are almost universal, so it's not difficult but for the comics, they are so different across the countries that it's impossible to make a "top something" who make sense "everywhere". Maybe a top comics by genre (comics, mangas, franco-belges) ?

For example, if you take the top 150 by les Inrocks', I'm not sure an american know a lot of them :
http://www.senscritique.com/liste/Les_1 ... ks/1014847
I was planning to be general with the comics, basically stretching it to include a variety of comic formats.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

I've been working on a video game 'best ever' over the last two years. Published it online a few weeks ago at playthatgame.co.uk

I would be really interested to see a TV show one - mostly to see how animations and kids shows end up ranking. I would be up for being a sounding board for TV should you want :)

Return to “General Discussion”