Any book lists to recommend?

JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Any book lists to recommend?

Post by JimmyJazz »

Hello fellow AM book lovers!

Recently, I have collaborated with Shane so much that I have been adding book lists to the Greatest Books site during my winter break to ease the load off of him for the holidays. Me and him have been discussing ways to make the list more geographic in its representation however. There are a massive amount of lists I will be adding to the site over the next couple of weeks, and which Shane will probably have to add afterwards as well.

I was curious if anybody can find any good book lists that haven't been added already? Preferably from non-Western countries for a change?

Here is a link to the sources page from Greatest Books, for reference to lists that have already been included: http://thegreatestbooks.org/lists/details
DDD troll account
Let's Get It On

Re: Any book lists to recommend?

Post by DDD troll account »

I believe I already pointed Shane to this but it looks like it hasn't been added yet: Die ZEIT-Bibliothek der 100 Sachbücher (a non-fiction equivalent to the already added ZEIT-Bibliothek der 100 Bücher). Link here.
DDD troll account
Let's Get It On

Re: Any book lists to recommend?

Post by DDD troll account »

The Wikipedia article on the Western canon might be interesting for your purposes. The "Examples" section includes a number of lists I feel could be included though many probably don't meet the requirements. What's your take on University reading lists?

Return to “General Discussion”