Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Trial of Derek Chauvin

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Harold
Into the Groove

Re: Trial of Derek Chauvin

Post by Harold »

Absolutely perfect! I'll bet a lot of people are going to be watching this tonight, with immense satisfaction.

I remember this scene very vividly from when the episode was broadcast ("I wanna thank the jury! And I'd like to thank my wife!").

By the way, for anyone who has no idea what this is, it's a scene from the first episode of Steven Bochco's very short-lived mid-1990s TV series Cop Rock, which is exactly what it looks like - an attempt to do a weekly police procedural as a full-fledged musical. The show was roundly mocked, but it actually wasn't that bad.
Mushroom Soup
The Only Way Is Up

Re: Trial of Derek Chauvin

Post by Mushroom Soup »

Satisfied? How? I mean, seriously... one cop should go to jail and that equals justice? Just one, 'cause this really happens all the time. And no black American is safe. No disabled American is safe, either. Trans people aren't safe from the cops. Protestors. Etc. It's ridiculous. Cops are the worst, you can't trust any of them. It's folly to ever say otherwise.

For me to be satisfied, I want to see something like mass defunding. But, while we're at it, a mass defunding for the U.S. military as well would be super. No more weapons to terrorists like Israel, etc. Would save a ton of money for funding mental health services, housing for homeless / abandoned Americans, and health care godknows. We'd save a fortune trimming the fat of the hired thugs who abuse people just to be overdressed, over-adulated bullies.

The whole thing makes me sick. The U.S. is a disaster by design.

Harold wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:48 pmBy the way, for anyone who has no idea what this is, it's a scene from the first episode of Steven Bochco's very short-lived mid-1990s TV series Cop Rock, which is exactly what it looks like - an attempt to do a weekly police procedural as a full-fledged musical. The show was roundly mocked, but it actually wasn't that bad.
Save a piece of chocolate cake for Sandy!

Return to “General Discussion”