Your Memorable Movie/TV Music Moments

Dexter
Movin' On Up

Your Memorable Movie/TV Music Moments

Post by Dexter »

Song: Foreigner, "I Want to Know What Love Is"
Movie: F**king Åmål (aka Show Me Love) [dir. by Lukas Moodysson/Sweden/1998]
Comment: Show me Love is a sweet and excellent teenage lesbian coming-of-age dramedy set in a Swedish town where nothing ever happens. In the video the MC, whose seemingly boring life recently became much more interesting, and her first love are left alone in the back of a car with the Foreigner hit playing in the background. When the chorus set in they shared a passionate kiss. A fitting song for that thrilling and magical moment where nothing matters except for the person in front of you.
Midaso
Wannabe

Re: Your Memorable Movie/TV Music Moments

Post by Midaso »

OK,I wasn't a big fan of this movie and have only caught a few episodes of the TV series but I love this scene,absolutely hilarious
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

Midaso wrote:OK,I wasn't a big fan of this movie and have only caught a few episodes t of the TV series but I love this scene,absolutely hilarious...
:lol: Nice one Midaso! I'll try to bust out those moves the next time I hear "We Speak no Americano" in a club.

A very memorable TV music moment for me would be the ending of episode 67 ("Heartbreak") of Season 4 of Wonder Years wherein "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys was played:
The Wonder Years is among my favorite TV shows of all time because of its relatable coming-of-age story of a particular schoolboy. In this episode, after a quarrel, the MC, Kevin, realizes that he loves the girl next door, Winnie. The next time they met (cue the scene) he tried to confess, but she cuts him off and told him she's with someone else. As Kevin's heart breaks, "God Only Knows" comes in - the perfect song here because it talks about stepping in this great unknown, for a school kid, called being in love. With (or in this case, without) that special someone, your world will never the same. The line "if you should ever leave me..." is specially poignant.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

That finale from Rick Potion #9 with Mazzy Star's Looking Down From the Bridge... don't want to spoil Rick and Morty, but what a gut punch.

Anyway, Skins had a fantastic soundtrack through all 6 seasons, ranging from every genres (especially in season 6 where each episode's soundtrack tended to be centered on the genre the character would like the most... one episode was metal only, another one mostly classical).
Anyway, in season 2 there is that scene with Sid, having just found the dead body of his father in his home, and Tony, suffering from amnesia after a bus accident and trying to get back on track with their friendship. The choice of Alice Practice is perfect, it's both a jarring piece of music showing the fractures mind of Sid, allows that big constrast between the crowd having fun and Sid being lost and despaired. I don't know if it works because the song always sounded tragic to me, of if it always sounded tragic because of that scene.
Also, any Edgar Wright movie could be mentioned in that topic, could even mention at least 10 Scott Pilgrim scenes.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

"Jaan Pehechan Ho," from the 1965 Bollywood production "Gumnaam," sung by Mohammed Rafi
as heard in Ghost World (2001)

What a superb song choice to open a great cult film. It gives you a hint of what to expect going forward: something weird, kitschy, and after seeing Thora Birch's character shake, out of the ordinary. As the youtube uploader also pointed out, there is a seamless intercutting of the dance scene from the Indian movie "Gumnaam" and glimpses of people's lives through their windows while the song plays. The song was recently used in a Heineken ad, complete with frenetic dancing.
Last edited by Dexter on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midaso
Wannabe

Post by Midaso »

This has always been one of my favourite music scenes. The whole tone of the movie changes around this scene,we don't really know what the intentions of the Ray Liotta character are before this moment,whether he has gone straight. This music complements it perfectly,and I love that slo-mo shot with the packet of cigarettes
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

"You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates as used in 500 Days of Summer (2009)

Probably one of my favorite feel-good movie moments. The character played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, still on a high after spending the night with the girl of his dreams, breaks into dance to the strains "You Make My Dreams" on his way downtown L.A. to his cubicle at a greeting card company. Sigh, if only all morning walks to work were like this.

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”