38%
I would participate in best tv-series poll
50%

Total votes: 16

Petri
Feeling Good

The Future of Am Film Polls

Post by Petri »

I’ve now hosted these film polls four decades in a row (2010-1980) and before that some decades and other film polls. Does anyone want to step in and take care of the 1970s?

By the way now when BleuPanda is hosting the best artist/album/song by women should we do the same with movies? So is anyone interested to participate in the best movies directed by women poll. If at least 20 people say yes I can host it.

Or should we finally do the best tv-series poll?

I created a poll about about these questions.
If you answered "yes" to the first question please identify yourself. ;)
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Re: The Future of Am Film Polls

Post by BleuPanda »

I could do the 70s poll if no one else can.

I tried to pull back on my participation on the forum about a year ago to focus more on writing, but I find I've balanced my time well enough I can handle more (it helps having a job with lots and lots of down time with nothing to do but browse the internet and listen to music...).
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

I'd like to host but I'll be busy next month and I chose the TV series poll because I'll have no problem naming and ranking 100 TV shows but will probably have a hard time naming 10 female directors, much less 100 films by them.
Petri
Feeling Good

Post by Petri »

BleuPanda wrote:I could do the 70s poll if no one else can.
Great! I don't know who is the other voter for the firsti option but I doubt that no one minds if you take the polls.
Dexter wrote:I'd like to host but I'll be busy next month and I chose the TV series poll because I'll have no problem naming and ranking 100 TV shows but will probably have a hard time naming 10 female directors, much less 100 films by them.
Now when BleuPanda takes care of 1970s I can host both of the polls (if enough people say they are going to participate in). Of course if you want to host another of them I preciate it. I know it is hard to name dozens of female directors (or movies they have directed). I think it would make this poll even more important. I tried to count every female director I've seen at least one feature film and got 150 directors (and about 200 movies). It is only about 5 % of all of the movies I've seen.
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

I would take part in both polls. I have seen 100-200 films by female directors. Even if not that many people are interested it would be worthwile seeing the personal lists. For TV shows I have a very old-fashioned taste, as I used to watch reruns and DVD boxes of 70s and 80s shows, while many of the more recent ones never caught on.
Petri
Feeling Good

Post by Petri »

bonnielaurel wrote:I would take part in both polls. I have seen 100-200 films by female directors. Even if not that many people are interested it would be worthwile seeing the personal lists. For TV shows I have a very old-fashioned taste, as I used to watch reruns and DVD boxes of 70s and 80s shows, while many of the more recent ones never caught on.
Yeah. I think I start both threads (maybe on Monday) if not earlier. If there going to be enough lists I will count them and make a roll-out.

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”