What do you think of Dunkirk?

Dexter
Movin' On Up

What do you think of Dunkirk?

Post by Dexter »

Dunkirk, Christopher Nolan's latest film is released to universal acclaim and for some the best film so far this year and the best in Nolan's career. Do you likewise hold the film in such high regard?

For me, I think the opening sequence is brilliant and the technical aspects, such as the use of sound, action scenes, and editing, is top notch (Han's score too). The cross-cutting of timelines was handled well too. However, I did not feel emotionally invested in the characters maybe because of the lack of interaction/dialogue/development. Moreover, while the beginning and the end part of the film are fantastic, there are several dull moments in the middle. Overall, I give this 4 out of 5 stars.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Re: What do you think of Dunkirk?

Post by bootsy »

I loved it. I've seen it twice so far both in 70MM and it's the best movie I've seen so far this year. It won't take a lot for me to love a Nolan movie as he is my favorite director. I didn't really need character development for this movie. The events of Dunkirk are the story. The sound, the cinematography, the score the story of Dunkirk itself which I didn't know anything about were all excellent. It's not my favorite Nolan movie but definitely in the top 3.

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”