Rock & Folk (Christophe Chommeloux) (France) - The Ideal Discotheque (2020)

Lists of all time (or back to the early rock years) that include all genres (or rock or pop music in a broad sense).
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Rock & Folk (Christophe Chommeloux) (France) - The Ideal Discotheque (2020)

Post by lagire »

Another book from french magazine Rock & Folk, which author is Christophe Chommeloux.
https://www.club.be/p/la-discographie-i ... 2380580792

"For the first time, Rock & Folk magazine offers you its selection of 150 essential albums to have in its discotheque.

Selecting 150 albums in order to bring together an ideal discography is naturally a real challenge. A great collection of records necessarily includes many more pieces and the choice is almost endless, even if you limit yourself to the rather open borders of the musical spectrum of Rock & Folk.

However, we took up this challenge with passion and enthusiasm, striving to choose 150 essential groups and artists and limiting ourselves to one work for each of them.

Rock - Folk - Jazz - Rhythm & Blues - Soul - Punk - Indie Pop - Psychedelic - Hard-Rock - Electro - New wave"

Thanks O.m for sending me this list
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Rock & Folk (Christophe Chommeloux) (France) - The Ideal Discotheque (2020)

Post by StevieFan13 »

I hope more of these lists show up in the next update
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

StevieFan13 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:36 pm I hope more of these lists show up in the next update
Yes i'm agree with you, this list combines most well-known albums and some, less acclaimed.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

I consider Rock & Folk to have anything but "rather open borders", their vision of rock is pretty narrow and they have been championing the same limited spectrum of music for as long as I can remember. I really don't think that is a diverse list and I'd expect any "less acclaimed" album to sound either like 70s folk or garage rock.

Return to “ALL TIME”