Eligible Albums

lagire
Rust Never Sleeps

Eligible Albums

Postby lagire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

With the permission of Henrik, i choosed to start a new post which decide of the eligibility of an album.
We could debate essentially on it, if it could be considered as a compilation or not.
i had gone with the idea to also debate on album genres which could be excluded from AM (What discogs considers as Non-Music Genre like Field Music), but i think it's not a good idea.

The first one to debate is

* Basic Channel - BCD (1995)

and his complement

* Basic Channel - BCD-2 (2008)

Apparently, there are excluded from AM, but in my opinion, there could be considered as albums.

Pierre
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Eligible Albums

Postby Pierre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 am

They are excluded from AM? Because they are in Henrik's spreadsheet. There's in theory no reason for them to be excluded, unless Henrik starts considering electronic 12" releases as albums. That wouldn't be totally absurd, as they're often as long as, say, a 60s album, but they're generally not perceived as such. And it would make determining eligibility tremendously more complicated.

lagire
Rust Never Sleeps

Postby lagire » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 am

Pierre wrote:They are excluded from AM? Because they are in Henrik's spreadsheet. There's in theory no reason for them to be excluded, unless Henrik starts considering electronic 12" releases as albums. That wouldn't be totally absurd, as they're often as long as, say, a 60s album, but they're generally not perceived as such. And it would make determining eligibility tremendously more complicated.

For me, henrik decided to exclude the 1995 one, i say that cos i see many many mentions of this album in lists.
More than that, it's rated 5 on AllMusic

Pierre
Die Mensch Maschine

Postby Pierre » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

lagire wrote:
Pierre wrote:They are excluded from AM? Because they are in Henrik's spreadsheet. There's in theory no reason for them to be excluded, unless Henrik starts considering electronic 12" releases as albums. That wouldn't be totally absurd, as they're often as long as, say, a 60s album, but they're generally not perceived as such. And it would make determining eligibility tremendously more complicated.

For me, henrik decided to exclude the 1995 one, i say that cos i see many many mentions of this album in lists.
More than that, it's rated 5 on AllMusic

It's your assumption then? Well, Henrik might have a different version. It's best to wait for his.

Return to “Critics' lists”