Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

User avatar
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby StevieFan13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:49 pm

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/motley-crue-songs-2/
Still haven't been able to find a 30+ Stevie Wonder song list, but here's the best of Motley Crue. Sigh.

50. “Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
49. “Treat Me Like the Dog I Am” from 'New Tattoo' (2000)
48. “Down at the Whisky” from 'Saints of Los Angeles' (2008)
47. “Misunderstood” from 'Motley Crue' (1994)
46. “Toast of the Town” from "Stick to Your Guns" Single B-Side (1981)
45. “Rattlesnake Shake” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
44. “Sex” [Single] (2012)
43. “Raise Your Hands to Rock” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
42. “Hell on High Heels” from 'New Tattoo' (2000)
41. “Til Death Do Us Part” from 'Motley Crue' (1994)
40. “Smokin' in the Boys Room” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
39. “Without You” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
38. “White Trash Circus” from 'Saints of Los Angeles' (2008)
37. "Sick Love Song" from 'Red, White & Crue' (2005)
36. “On With the Show” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
35. “Power to the Music” from 'Motley Crue' (1994)
34. “Louder Than Hell” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
33. “Slice of Your Pie” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
32. “All Bad Things” [Single] (2015)
31. “Dancing on Glass” from 'Girls, Girls, Girls' (1987)
30. “Merry-Go-Round” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
29. “New Tattoo” from 'New Tattoo' (2000)
28. “Mutherf---er of the Year” from 'Saints of Los Angeles' (2008)
27. “Keep Your Eye on the Money” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
26. “Afraid” from 'Generation Swine' (1997)
25. “Girls, Girls, Girls” from 'Girls, Girls, Girls' (1987)
24. “Use It or Lose It” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
23. “Starry Eyes” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
22. “Hooligan's Holiday” from 'Motley Crue' (1994)
21. “Danger” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
20. “Saints of Los Angeles” from 'Saints of Los Angeles' (2008)
19. “Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
18. “Primal Scream” from 'Decade of Decadence' (1991)
17. “Ten Seconds to Love” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
16. “Tonight (We Need a Lover)” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
15. “Take Me to the Top” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
14. “Red Hot” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
13. “City Boy Blues” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
12. “Knock 'Em Dead, Kid” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
11. “Piece of Your Action” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
10. “Wild Side” from 'Girls, Girls, Girls' (1987)
9. “Bastard” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
8. “Home Sweet Home” from 'Theatre of Pain' (1985)
7. “Dr. Feelgood” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
6. “Too Young to Fall in Love” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
5. “Public Enemy #1” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
4. “Kickstart My Heart” from 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
3. “Shout at the Devil” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
2. “Live Wire” from 'Too Fast for Love' (1981)
1. “Looks That Kill” from 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)

Like Pierre and the Tsunami Edizioni book, this one just sorta jumped out at me as opposed to being one I actively looked for. I'm not too worried about MC getting too many songs onto AM. And the opening slide and the intro make it clear that it was a team effort.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

User avatar
Pierre
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby Pierre » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 pm

StevieFan13 wrote:Like Pierre and the Tsunami Edizioni book, this one just sorta jumped out at me as opposed to being one I actively looked for.


Don't overuse that excuse though :P :mrgreen: I almost didn't post the other one because work overload for Henrik. But there were just too many personal guilty pleasures in there :?

User avatar
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby StevieFan13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Like Pierre and the Tsunami Edizioni book, this one just sorta jumped out at me as opposed to being one I actively looked for.


Don't overuse that excuse though :P :mrgreen: I almost didn't post the other one because work overload for Henrik. But there were just too many personal guilty pleasures in there :?

lol don't worry. It was almost the same with me. I was just so fascinated by the fact that they somehow managed to dig up 50 worthwhile(?) Motley Crue songs.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

User avatar
Pierre
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby Pierre » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 pm

StevieFan13 wrote:I was just so fascinated by the fact that they somehow managed to dig up 50 worthwhile(?) Motley Crue songs.


I get that :D Although, believe it or not, right there with Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard and Hanoi Rocks (and maybe KISS, Aerosmith and Van Halen if you lump them with that movement), they're one of the most recurrent entry in the hair metal/80s metal album lists I've posted (and not just for Shout at the Devil and Dr. Feelgood)! In fact, the Hair Metal-specific book from the Le Mot et le Reste collection even throws in acclaim for Vince Neil's solo albums (that said, it's pretty much the only one list to do so).

User avatar
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby StevieFan13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:I was just so fascinated by the fact that they somehow managed to dig up 50 worthwhile(?) Motley Crue songs.


I get that :D Although, believe it or not, right there with Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard and Hanoi Rocks (and maybe KISS, Aerosmith and Van Halen if you lump them with that movement), they're one of the most recurrent entry in the hair metal/80s metal album lists I've posted (and not just for Shout at the Devil and Dr. Feelgood)! In fact, the Hair Metal-specific book from the Le Mot et le Reste collection even throws in acclaim for Vince Neil's solo albums (that said, it's pretty much the only one list to do so).

That's fantastic. They can keep 'em. :D I will say that from my spreadsheet work, the most successful non-metal artists are easily DJ Shadow, Led Zeppelin, and Eminem, all of whom have put in frequent appearances (although it's pretty much all Endtroducing for DJ Shadow). Nevermind continues to maintain a huge lead, enough to (possibly?) topple Pet Sounds from its perch. I'm also getting to the movie soundtrack lists soon, so I expect Purple Rain will also do well.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

User avatar
Pierre
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby Pierre » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:03 am

StevieFan13 wrote:I'm also getting to the movie soundtrack lists soon, so I expect Purple Rain will also do well.


Well, not many pieces of advice to give to you, you know how annoying it can be to draw the line between compilations and regular albums for these ;) I think Henrik himself didn't really know how to handle these at the beginning since a few soundtracks are in the spreadsheet (like Easy Rider) even though they're clearly comps. Other potential issue: sometimes the album titles are a little funky, but they usually include the title of the film, so navigating the spreadsheet with a good ole Ctrl+F shouldn't be too complicated.

User avatar
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock - Top 50 Motley Crue Songs (2017)

Postby StevieFan13 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:27 am

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:I'm also getting to the movie soundtrack lists soon, so I expect Purple Rain will also do well.


Well, not many pieces of advice to give to you, you know how annoying it can be to draw the line between compilations and regular albums for these ;) I think Henrik himself didn't really know how to handle these at the beginning since a few soundtracks are in the spreadsheet (like Easy Rider) even though they're clearly comps. Other potential issue: sometimes the album titles are a little funky, but they usually include the title of the film, so navigating the spreadsheet with a good ole Ctrl+F shouldn't be too complicated.

It's been alright so far. Haven't gotten to the lists yet, but they've popped up in a few other lists, though credited to different artists than on the individual lists (Bee Gees for Saturday Night Fever, Elton John/Tim Rice/Hans Zimmer for The Lion King, etc.). I think it's easy enough. If I search a name and it doesn't show up and it's clearly a comp, I won't add it (like Garden State or American Hustle).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)


Return to “Critics' lists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 36 guests