✅ Steve Sullivan - Encyclopedia of Great Popular Song Recordings (Volumes 3 and 4)

Lists of all time (or back to the early rock years) that include all genres (or rock or pop music in a broad sense).
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Steve Sullivan - Encyclopedia of Great Popular Song Recordings (Volumes 3 and 4)

Post by StevieFan13 »

stevejazz wrote:Sounds good! Incidentally, recently I've been writing up songs from 2014 to 2017 that will appear in the next volume of the encyclopedia. 2017 has been a very good year so far, with at least six or seven songs that will definitely be in the book, plus some other strong candidates. (By year's end I'm sure something like 15 or 20 songs will make it.) Soon I'll be taking another look at 2000-2009 songs to see if there's anything I've missed, and toward that end printed up the Acclaimed song list for that decade. Very helpful. Some of my top candidates for the next book are actually in your "bubbling under the top 6,000" section, including some that are wayyy down toward the bottom. Maybe if they do make Volume 5, it can help nudge them up a bit.
Hey, that'd be great! Love people bringing attention to under-appreciated songs. One of my top 5 songs ever isn't even on AM.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

Return to “ALL TIME”