Chris Rock - Top 25 Albums

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Chris Rock - Top 25 Albums

Post by StevieFan13 »

http://www.chrisrock.com/category/top-25-albums
Yeah, this is a list by comedian Chris Rock. I guess you could call him a musician for "No Sex in the Champagne Room," and he's shown rap expertise a lot over the course of his career...in the end, it's Henrik's call.
#1 N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (1988)
#2 Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle (1993)
#3 2Pac - Rap Phenomenon II (2003) (bootleg/Unauthorized)
#4 Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell (1986)
#5 The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde (1992)
#6 LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)
#7 EPMD - Unfinished Business (1989)
#8 Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique (1989)
#9 A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory (1991)
#10 De La Soul - Buhloone Mind State (1993)
#11 The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better (1989)
#12 Eric B. & Rakim - Follow the Leader (1998)
#13 Genius/GZA - Liquid Swords (1995)
#14 Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele (2000)
#15 Geto Boys - The Resurrection (1996)
#16 Wyclef Jean - The Carnival (1997)
#17 Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted (1990)
#18 Scarface - Mr.Scarface Is Back (1991)
#19 Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt (1996)
#20 Nas - Stillmatic (2001)
#21 Outkast - Aquemini (1998)
#22 Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (1998)
#23 Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998)
#24 DJ Quik - Way 2 Fonky (1992)
#25 Dizzee Rascal - Boy in da Corner (2003)
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
panam
Full of Fire

Re: Chris Rock - Top 25 Albums

Post by panam »

Now, we accept celebrities lists? ;)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

panam wrote:Now, we accept celebrities lists? ;)
Who even knows...
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

StevieFan13 wrote:http://www.chrisrock.com/category/top-25-albums
Yeah, this is a list by comedian Chris Rock. I guess you could call him a musician for "No Sex in the Champagne Room," and he's shown rap expertise a lot over the course of his career...
And let's not forget his invaluable contribution to Kanye West's "Blame Game" from MBDTF ("I've never even seen this part of Pussytown before!"). Clearly not a musician in the sense of somebody whose list would be eligible for AM, though.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Harold wrote:
Yeah, this is a list by comedian Chris Rock. I guess you could call him a musician for "No Sex in the Champagne Room," and he's shown rap expertise a lot over the course of his career...
And let's not forget his invaluable contribution to Kanye West's "Blame Game" from MBDTF ("I've never even seen this part of Pussytown before!"). Clearly not a musician in the sense of somebody whose list would be eligible for AM, though.

I don't know..I think we can include Kim Kardashian too..kanye dedicated some songs to her and also she recorded an album, so, it's music,right?
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

I've seen this list before it's got some usual suspects on there and then there are some curveballs like "Stillmatic", "Buhloone Mind State" and "Rap Phenomenon II". Albums which aren't considered the best by those artists. I like that. I don't think it will be included either but you never know.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

bootsy wrote:I've seen this list before it's got some usual suspects on there and then there are some curveballs like "Stillmatic", "Buhloone Mind State" and "Rap Phenomenon II". Albums which aren't considered the best by those artists. I like that. I don't think it will be included either but you never know.
Chris Rock's shown some rap expertise, so I dunno. Stillmatic over Illmatic was definitely an interesting choice (I'm just gonna say it: while Nas had some killer songs after Illmatic, album-wise, he never topped it and probably never will).
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

StevieFan13 wrote:(I'm just gonna say it: while Nas had some killer songs after Illmatic, album-wise, he never topped it and probably never will).
Like the man said: "That's a one-hot-album-every-ten-year average."
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

StevieFan13 wrote:
bootsy wrote:I've seen this list before it's got some usual suspects on there and then there are some curveballs like "Stillmatic", "Buhloone Mind State" and "Rap Phenomenon II". Albums which aren't considered the best by those artists. I like that. I don't think it will be included either but you never know.
Chris Rock's shown some rap expertise, so I dunno. Stillmatic over Illmatic was definitely an interesting choice (I'm just gonna say it: while Nas had some killer songs after Illmatic, album-wise, he never topped it and probably never will).
No way. Stillmatic and It Was Written are very comparable. I've seen a lot of people put either of those two over Illmatic. Life Is Good, Unititled, I Am, and Hip Hop Is Dead are also good albums. I'm sort of biased in that Nas is the greatest rapper of all time in my opinion. His discography is not hurting. Just because he's never topped Illmatic doesn't mean he hasn't dropped anything just as good. He has.
Last edited by bootsy on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Harold wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:(I'm just gonna say it: while Nas had some killer songs after Illmatic, album-wise, he never topped it and probably never will).
Like the man said: "That's a one-hot-album-every-ten-year average."
Eh, that line would be funny if it were true. I would take Nas discography over Jay-Z's and I definitely would take Ether over Takeover. Jay-Z is such an unoriginal boring rapper IMO. I guess like the man said ' How much of Biggie's rhymes gonna come out your fat lips?" I do like him but he's never been the GOAT like people claim he is.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Harold wrote:
Agreed.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Return to “Other/various exclusion criteria”