Loudwire - Top 30 Hair Metal Albums

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Loudwire - Top 30 Hair Metal Albums

Post by StevieFan13 »

http://loudwire.com/top-hair-metal-albums/
Well, what do you know. Here's another, and for some reason I feel worse about giving hair metal a boost than the Creed/Nickelback/3 Doors Down stuff on the hard rock list (no dissing if you like them, though), but it's there and it counts. To quote Bugs Bunny, "I'll do it, but I'm gonna hate myself in the morning!"
30. White Lion, 'Pride' (1987)
29. Faster Pussycat, 'Faster Pussycat' (1987)
28. Y&T, 'Mean Streak' (1983)
27. Badlands, 'Badlands' (1989)
26. Slaughter, 'Stick It to Ya' (1990)
25. Razormaid, 'First Cutt' (1987)
24. Poison, 'Open Up and Say... Ahh!' (1988)
23. Enuff Z'Nuff, 'Strength' (1991)
22. Steel Panther, 'Feel the Steel' (2009)
21. Twisted Sister, 'Under the Blade' (1982)
20. David Lee Roth, 'Eat 'Em and Smile' (1986)
19. Great White, '...Twice Shy' (1989)
18. Warrant, 'Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich' (1989)
17. Kix, 'Blow My Fuse' (1988)
16. Tesla, 'Mechanical Resonance' (1986)
15. Winger, 'Winger' (1988)
14. Dokken, 'Tooth and Nail' (1984)
13. Motley Crue, 'Dr. Feelgood' (1989)
12. Whitesnake, 'Whitesnake' (1987)
11. Quiet Riot, 'Metal Health' (1983)
10. Poison, 'Look What the Cat Dragged In' (1986)
9. Def Leppard, 'Pyromania' (1983)
8. W.A.S.P., 'W.A.S.P.' (1984)
7. Cinderella, 'Night Songs' (1986)
6. Twisted Sister, 'Stay Hungry' (1984)
5. Bon Jovi, 'Slippery When Wet' (1986)
4. Skid Row, 'Skid Row' (1989)
3. Ratt, 'Out of the Cellar' (1984)
2. Def Leppard, 'Hysteria' (1987)
1. Motley Crue, 'Shout at the Devil' (1983)
The only major takeaway I have here is: what the hell? People were still making hair metal albums in 2009? Did they forget the '90s happened?
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: Loudwire - Top 30 Hair Metal Albums

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:http://loudwire.com/top-hair-metal-albums/
Well, what do you know. Here's another, and for some reason I feel worse about giving hair metal a boost than the Creed/Nickelback/3 Doors Down stuff on the hard rock list (no dissing if you like them, though), but it's there and it counts. To quote Bugs Bunny, "I'll do it, but I'm gonna hate myself in the morning!"
I'll confess that several of the heavy metal lists I posted, I did so specifically because they featured hair metal, simply knowing that whenever an album update comes, the hair metal boost will be appalling to some AMers :mrgreen: Nothing personal, it's just that sometimes I feel like some people are taking music too seriously.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Loudwire - Top 30 Hair Metal Albums

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:http://loudwire.com/top-hair-metal-albums/
I'll confess that several of the heavy metal lists I posted, I did so specifically because they featured hair metal, simply knowing that whenever an album update comes, the hair metal boost will be appalling to some AMers :mrgreen: Nothing personal, it's just that sometimes I feel like some people are taking music too seriously.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not much for hair metal, but my life's philosophy is "if it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone, I'm cool with it." No disrespect for liking it more than I do - a good Bon Jovi sing-along can be fun. (And I posted stuff like the 1D list for similar reasons to yours).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

Return to “Subgenres”