✅ Pitchfork (US) - Best songs of the 70s

prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Re: Pitchfork (US) - Best songs of the 70s

Post by prosecutorgodot »

ABBA were music video kingpins, let's be honest. They have a compilation of their music videos out if you're curious!
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

Some stars are a natural fit for music videos: the girls in ABBA, Debbie Harry, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury and of course Michael Jackson, among others.
TimmyWing
Different Class

Post by TimmyWing »

Sweet list. Loving The Roches' Hammond Song. Could swear I've heard it in a show or something before. In fact, a lot of songs on here seem to be ones I've heard before but only in passing; "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" and "O-o-h Child" for example.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Great list. If I may be ever-so-slightly cynical, do you think "I Wanna Be Your Lover" or "September" would've done as well as they did if it hadn't been for the then-recent deaths of Prince and Maurice White? I mean, the former, I might imagine would chart that high (given that "Purple Rain" topped their '80s songs list), and Bowie being #1 isn't surprising when Low topped the '70s albums list. But I wouldn't have thought "September" would get as high a push from Pitchfork.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

Return to “1970s”