Help wanted!

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Help wanted!

Post by StevieFan13 »

Good thing I didn't add that list yet!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Just wondering: would the entry on "33 discs without which one cannot live" about Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook be considered a tie between the two volumes, or is it just the first one?
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:Just wondering: would the entry on "33 discs without which one cannot live" about Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook be considered a tie between the two volumes, or is it just the first one?
Ella Fitzgerald's songbooks on AM are all featured as a common entry for both volumes anyway. Just give the vote to the first volume :)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Just wondering: would the entry on "33 discs without which one cannot live" about Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook be considered a tie between the two volumes, or is it just the first one?
Ella Fitzgerald's songbooks on AM are all featured as a common entry for both volumes anyway. Just give the vote to the first volume :)
Will do.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

These are the eligible lists that I think (correct me if I'm wrong) were not included yet (All from the Latin/Spanish section)

1. ROCK EN LAS AMERICAS: ENCUESTA ESPECIALIZADA ALBUMES 2010-2014
http://rockenlasamericas.blogspot.pe/20 ... da_18.html

2. 100 álbumes esenciales de la música dominicana (2013)
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... =50#p68934

3. 50 discos de música peruana que dan muestra de nuestra diversidad cultural (2015)
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... =50#p69037

4. 35 discos imprescindibles del rock venezolano, de acuerdo a selección publicada por revista Ladosis, número 19 (noviembre - diciembre 2011).

5. Los 25 mejores discos colombianos de los últimos 25 años según la revista Semana (2007)

6. Book: 100 Discos Esenciales del Rock Mexicano (chronological order)

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... f=3&t=1889 (the same link for 4, 5 and 6)

7. Charles Gavin - 300 Discos Importantes da Música Brasileira
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... f=3&t=5050
Last edited by panam on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Sorry I'm taking so long - I had added the 33 Albums list and a bunch of Boombox lists before Excel got blippy and unsaved the changes, so I just need to add them all back, add a few more, and then I'll be set. I'll try to have it all done by early next week.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

I added one more list in my previous thread
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Added some more before I got burnt out. Hoping someone adds the Classic Rock '70s list and the assorted UCR lists.
What I added was:
All the Diffuser lists
Boombox - Top 25 Rap Albums of 1996
Boombox - Top 25 Rap Albums of 1991
Boombox - 50 Greatest Alternative Hip-Hop Albums of All Time
Treble - Best of '60s Project
Assante Ernesto & Castaldo Gino - 33 discs without which one can not live
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:Added some more before I got burnt out. Hoping someone adds the Classic Rock '70s list and the assorted UCR lists.
What I added was:
All the Diffuser lists
Boombox - Top 25 Rap Albums of 1996
Boombox - Top 25 Rap Albums of 1991
Boombox - 50 Greatest Alternative Hip-Hop Albums of All Time
Treble - Best of '60s Project
Assante Ernesto & Castaldo Gino - 33 discs without which one can not live
Somewhat tiresome, right? :) I'll take it from here, and start with adding that Chabuca Granda album.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:added lists
StevieFan13 I think I've got mixed news for you :?

If you rewind to the second page of this thread, you'll see that a first Excel spreadsheet was already filled in, and Henrik also mentions near the end of the second page that he added some lists by himself on his end. This includes the Anthony Fantano/The Needle Drop list and the Treble Best of '60s one, as well as the Ultimate Classic Rock & Classic Rock decades lists. JR's summary isn't up to date with these because they have not yet been added to the website; to know exactly the lists that still need to be added you have to substract those from this first spreadsheet and those listed by Henrik in his message on the second page of this thread.

I'm truly sorry about this. At least the lists made by acclaimed artists, Diffuser, BoomBox and 33 albums were OK.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:added lists
StevieFan13 I think I've got mixed news for you :?

If you rewind to the second page of this thread, you'll see that a first Excel spreadsheet was already filled in, and Henrik also mentions near the end of the second page that he added some lists by himself on his end. This includes the Anthony Fantano/The Needle Drop list and the Treble Best of '60s one, as well as the Ultimate Classic Rock & Classic Rock decades lists. JR's summary isn't up to date with these because they have not yet been added to the website; to know exactly the lists that still need to be added you have to substract those from this first spreadsheet and those listed by Henrik in his message on the second page of this thread.

I'm truly sorry about this. At least the lists made by acclaimed artists, Diffuser, BoomBox and 33 albums were OK.
The Diffuser and Boombox ones were the real pains in the ass, so at least the rest wasn't for nothing. I'll be sure to check next time.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

And only two of the UCR lists (the 60s and 70s ones) were added by Henrik. I was mostly thinking of the insane amount of top 10s. Maybe I'll get to that next (after a friggin' nap).
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:And only two of the UCR lists (the 60s and 70s ones) were added by Henrik. I was mostly thinking of the insane amount of top 10s. Maybe I'll get to that next (after a friggin' nap).
Are all those top 10s eligible though? Henrik would need to confirm that. As for the 80s and 90s lists, they are in the first spreadsheet from this thread I talked to you about.

Please don't work on the current spreadsheet anymore though; as I told you, I took it back and started working on it on my end. Henrik doesn't want two people working on it simultaneously :)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:And only two of the UCR lists (the 60s and 70s ones) were added by Henrik. I was mostly thinking of the insane amount of top 10s. Maybe I'll get to that next (after a friggin' nap).
Are all those top 10s eligible though? Henrik would need to confirm that. As for the 80s and 90s lists, they are in the first spreadsheet from this thread I talked to you about.

Please don't work on the current spreadsheet anymore though; as I told you, I took it back and started working on it on my end. Henrik doesn't want two people working on it simultaneously :)
They were on the summary of lists to be added. I think they were all declared eligible. And yeah, I wasn't going to work on it now.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Guys, you are crazy! ;-)

Thanks for that.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Romain wrote:Guys, you are crazy! ;-)

Thanks for that.
I second that. :D
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:

Thanks for that.
Our love for AM borders on insanity. Or maybe it's just insanity. Who can tell at this point? :D
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Henrik wrote:

Thanks for that.
Our love for AM borders on insanity. Or maybe it's just insanity. Who can tell at this point? :D
My, did I forget to state that point? Sorry I thought it was obvious :happy-smileyinthebox:
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

panam wrote:I added one more list in my previous thread
Can you add the AM forum links? Those tended to be what I linked to in the spreadsheet (unless Pierre, who's working on it now, would prefer another route).
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Can you add the AM forum links? Those tended to be what I linked to in the spreadsheet (unless Pierre, who's working on it now, would prefer another route).
No, I indeed link to the AM forums threads :) And I may indeed try to add the lists mentioned by panam, but I think I may need help - in my first round of work, I tried to add the list for Dominican music and had to give up because of the scarcity of data. Merengue is not well-documented online, on Discogs, RYM or elsewhere.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
No, I indeed link to the AM forums threads :) And I may indeed try to add the lists mentioned by panam, but I think I may need help - in my first round of work, I tried to add the list for Dominican music and had to give up because of the scarcity of data. Merengue is not well-documented online, on Discogs, RYM or elsewhere.
Yeah, that's what did in the Israeli list as well. Also: are you going to add the UCR top 10s? Or should I add them after you finish? It's a lot of busywork, but I'm pretty sure most of the albums are already there, though I'll gladly handle them if you don't want to.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote: Can you add the AM forum links? Those tended to be what I linked to in the spreadsheet (unless Pierre, who's working on it now, would prefer another route).
Yeah, that's what did in the Israeli list as well. Also: are you going to add the UCR top 10s? Or should I add them after you finish? It's a lot of busywork, but I'm pretty sure most of the albums are already there, though I'll gladly handle them if you don't want to.
I'll see in due time for these, but I don't think they are the ones that would give most difficulties anyway ;)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Well, that'll be it for me. Here are the lists I added:

Rock en las Américas encuesta especializada 2010-2014 (2014)
50 discos de música peruana que dan muestra de nuestra diversidad cultural (2015)
35 discos imprescindibles del rock venezolano, de acuerdo a selección publicada por revista Ladosis, número 19 (noviembre - diciembre 2011)
Los 25 mejores discos colombianos de los últimos 25 años según la revista Semana (2007)
100 álbumes esenciales de la música dominicana (2013)
100 Discos Esencial del Rock Mexicano
Complex: The 100 Best Albums of the 2000s (2011)
Empire - The Greatest Movie Soundtracks: A Celebration
The Guardian (UK) - The 50 Albums That Changed Music (2006)
ShortList: The 50 Coolest Albums Ever
Flavorwire: The 50 Essential Women-in-Music Albums (2009)
Classic Rock (UK): The 20 Albums That Changed the Course of Rock 'n' Roll (2016)
Team Rock: Classic Rock: Essential LPs (2015)
Giles Oakley (UK) - The Devil's Music: A History of The Blues - Selected Discography (1997)
Héctor Ángel Benedetti - 101 tango albums for your discotheque (2011)
Benoît Sabatier: Nous sommes jeunes, nous sommes fiers (2007)
Éric Smets: The punk movement 1976-1978 100 of the best albums (2014)
Jérôme Alberola - Hard rock anthology: of tears, noise and fury (2008)
Robin Ferre, Igor Thiriez & Mathieu Yassef - Riff Story: from Hard Rock to Heavy Metal (2010)
Damien Chaney, Antoine Petite & Ludovic Chaney - Inventory of extreme musics - essential albums from half a century of hard rock, metal, punk, hardcore & co. transgression (2011)

Comments: Moonbeam will be pleased to learn there's finally a Kim Wilde album in the spreadsheet! However, it's nowhere near having enough points to appear on the website...

Slight amendments to what I said last time: StevieFan13, you shouldn't be too worried for Queen's Jazz and News of the World ;) If I'm correct, they now have enough points to make decent bubblers, if not more. Other albums with interesting performances: Queen I, Innuendo, Live Killers and Live at Wembley '86.

For Nightwish and Evanescence, things are starting to get really interesting. Within Temptation have progressed a bit as well, although I think they'll need an extra push if they are to appear on the website.

If StevieFan13 or anyone else works on it after me, please note that the Albumrock lists at the beginning of JR's summary have actually been retconned as ineligible (although I don't remember in which topic exactly, it just struck me when I looked at the summary the other day). It's probable that I won't be working anymore on this from now on; it took some but I'm finally fed up with this work :scared-shocked:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:Well, that'll be it for me. Here are the lists I added:

Rock en las Américas encuesta especializada 2010-2014 (2014)
50 discos de música peruana que dan muestra de nuestra diversidad cultural (2015)
35 discos imprescindibles del rock venezolano, de acuerdo a selección publicada por revista Ladosis, número 19 (noviembre - diciembre 2011)
Los 25 mejores discos colombianos de los últimos 25 años según la revista Semana (2007)
100 álbumes esenciales de la música dominicana (2013)
100 Discos Esencial del Rock Mexicano
Complex: The 100 Best Albums of the 2000s (2011)
Empire - The Greatest Movie Soundtracks: A Celebration
The Guardian (UK) - The 50 Albums That Changed Music (2006)
ShortList: The 50 Coolest Albums Ever
Flavorwire: The 50 Essential Women-in-Music Albums (2009)
Classic Rock (UK): The 20 Albums That Changed the Course of Rock 'n' Roll (2016)
Team Rock: Classic Rock: Essential LPs (2015)
Giles Oakley (UK) - The Devil's Music: A History of The Blues - Selected Discography (1997)
Héctor Ángel Benedetti - 101 tango albums for your discotheque (2011)
Benoît Sabatier: Nous sommes jeunes, nous sommes fiers (2007)
Éric Smets: The punk movement 1976-1978 100 of the best albums (2014)
Jérôme Alberola - Hard rock anthology: of tears, noise and fury (2008)
Robin Ferre, Igor Thiriez & Mathieu Yassef - Riff Story: from Hard Rock to Heavy Metal (2010)
Damien Chaney, Antoine Petite & Ludovic Chaney - Inventory of extreme musics - essential albums from half a century of hard rock, metal, punk, hardcore & co. transgression (2011)

Comments: Moonbeam will be pleased to learn there's finally a Kim Wilde album in the spreadsheet! However, it's nowhere near having enough points to appear on the website...

Slight amendments to what I said last time: StevieFan13, you shouldn't be too worried for Queen's Jazz and News of the World ;) If I'm correct, they now have enough points to make decent bubblers, if not more. Other albums with interesting performances: Queen I, Innuendo, Live Killers and Live at Wembley '86.

For Nightwish and Evanescence, things are starting to get really interesting. Within Temptation have progressed a bit as well, although I think they'll need an extra push if they are to appear on the website.

If StevieFan13 or anyone else works on it after me, please note that the Albumrock lists at the beginning of JR's summary have actually been retconned as ineligible (although I don't remember in which topic exactly, it just struck me when I looked at the summary the other day). It's probable that I won't be working anymore on this from now on; it took some but I'm finally fed up with this work :scared-shocked:
Great work, Pierre! Yeah, you need a break. I might send you a PM with albums I want to add so I can make sure they haven't been added already. It'll probably be my last go-around as well.

Glad to see Queen doing so well! I'll take bubblers, as long as they're there, man.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

:music-rockon:

Someone give Pierre a beer!
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

About Bloque, there are two bands

A Spanish progressive rock band from the 70s
A Colombian Latin alternative/fusion band from the 90s

No relation between them, just the name. Actually, the Colombian band was originally named Bloque de Busqueda but when they released the same album abroad they shorten the name.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:About Bloque, there are two bands

A Spanish progressive rock band from the 70s
A Colombian Latin alternative/fusion band from the 90s

No relation between them, just the name. Actually, the Colombian band was originally named Bloque de Busqueda but when they released the same album abroad they shorten the name.
I've checked quickly the other lists already added by Henrik while I was adding the aforementioned ones but I've been unable to determine which Bloque already had a self-titled album in the spreadsheet. Henrik will have to check this on his end...
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

More than 25 000 albums!! and only 6 000 got some chance to be on the Top!!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Tentative list of lists I'm adding (the first four are done, the fifth is almost done, and the rest I'll get to ASAP)
Consequence of Sound - Masterpiece Reviews
CTV News - The 25 Best Canadian Albums of the 2000s
The Boombox - Top 20 Hip-Hop Albums of All Time
Vinyl Me, Please - 52 Best Albums to Own on Vinyl
Yediot Arohnot - The 100 Best Israeli Albums Before '89
Yediot Arohnot - The Best Israeli Albums (FYI, the names on the Radio Hazak page aren't perfect translations. On the sheet, I tried to include a) the most popular phonetic spellings of the artists' names, or the ones that look closest to the Hebrew [I've seen many different spellings for Tzvika Pik, for instance], b) phonetic translations of album names that are only in Hebrew, and c) hybridized names for artists/albums that are listed on the sleeve in both Hebrew and English [The High Windows, for example]. Hope that makes things clear!)
Ultimate Classic Rock - The Best Classic Rock Album of Each Year Since 1966
Ultimate Classic Rock - various year lists
Loudwire - The Best Metal Album of Each Year Since 1970
Loudwire - The Best Hard Rock Album of Each Year Since 1970
Volume - Making Music in Aotorea (New Zealand): 185 Vinyl Albums
Panamerika - 26 Best Albums of the 2000s
Consequence of Sound - Top 50 Albums of 1997
The Blues - The 20 Greatest British Blues Albums: 1960-1966
The Radio X year lists
Pigeons and Planes - The Best Albums in Pigeons and Planes History
Pigeons and Planes - The 10 Most Influential Albums Turning 10 This Year
The Spectrum Culture lists
The Boot - Top 10 Country Music Albums of the 2000s
The Boot - 10 Essential Albums for Your Country Music Education
Billboard - All 88 Diamond-Certified Albums from Worst to Best
VH1/MTV Base/MTV 2 - The 100 Greatest Albums of All Time of the MTV Generation
Rolling Stone - The 25 Greatest Movie Soundtracks of All Time
Paste - The 50 Best Movie Soundtracks
NME - 61 of the Greatest Film Soundtracks Ever
Jason Paul Preston - 111 Best Albums of the 2000s/111 Next Best Albums of the 2000s
Ben Westhoff: Dirty South: OutKast, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, and the Southern Rappers etc. - Recommended listening
XXL - 30 Albums to Make You Appreciate Hip-Hop

So yeah...this'll take a while. If you can think of any other recent album lists that could stand to be added, let me know.
Last edited by StevieFan13 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Have any of the lists I've mentioned been added yet?
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Henrik wrote:I already have these. I'm so sorry you had to do so much work for nothing!!!

Charlotte Blum : Le Métal en 100 CD (2002)
Drowned in Sound - In Depth: Lost Albums 2000-2015 (2015)
Engaged Media - The 100 Greatest Vinyl Records of All Time [best records before 1991] (2015)
Entertainment Weekly: The Must List (2015)
Musik Express: The Best Albums 2000-2015 (2015)
Way Too Indie - Best 50 Albums Of The Decade So Far (2015)
Rolling Stone (Germany): The 100 Best Jazz Albums (2013)

I have also already added the following sources:

Q - 100 Greatest Albums of the 1990s
Treble - Best of the 60s Project
Ultimate Classic Rock 60s
Ultimate Classic Rock 70s
Les Inrocks - 30 ans des Inrocks : nos meilleurs albums depuis 1986
Anthony Fantano - The Needle Drop- Classic Albums
Uncut - 200 Greatest Albums of All Time
Juan Vitoria - LOS 100 MEJORES DISCOS DEL ROCK
NME - 50 albums to hear before you die (2016)
NME - 50 Albums Released in 1985 That Still Sound Great Today
Robert Christgau & David Fricke - The 40 Essential Albums of 1967
Ralf Niemczyk (Germany) - 25 Albums for Men (2007)
I haven't added any album lists since I started this thread, so these are still the only ones I have added myself.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Checking what you and Pierre have added, looks like I'm in the clear.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Many thanks in advance, Stevie!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Question: the BBC "Classic Albums" series is technically eligible, but it hasn't been approved yet. Should I add it anyway?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

According to Pierre, there's a spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum with more lists added than I had initially thought. Which spreadsheet is that? Also, here's an updated list of lists I'm adding:
- Consequence of Sound - Masterpiece Reviews
- CTV News (Canada) - The Top 25 Canadian Albums of the 2000s (2009)
- The Boombox - The 20 Greatest Hip-Hop Albums of All Time
- Volume - Making Music in Aotorea (New Zealand): 185 Vinyl Albums (2016)
- Panamerika - Lo Mejor de la Decada: 2000-2009 - Los Mejores 26 Discos (2009)
- Jason Paul Preston - The 111 Best Music Lists of the 2000s: 111 Best Albums of the 2000s/The Next Best 111 Albums of the 2000s (2011)
- Loudwire - The Best Metal Album of Each Year Since 1970 (2017)
- Loudwire - The Best Hard Rock Album of Each Year Since 1970 (2017)
- Consequence of Sound - The 50 Best Albums of 1997 (2017)
- Pigeons and Planes - The Best Albums in Pigeons and Planes History (2013)
- The Blues (UK) - The 20 Greatest British Blues Albums: 1960-1966 (2012)
- Ultimate Classic Rock - The Best Classic Rock Album of Each Year Since 1966 (2017)
- Radio X (UK) - various year lists: 1977, 1989-2014
- Elspeth Beida - 10,000 Things You Need to Know: The Big Book of Lists (100 Best Rock & Pop Albums) (2016)
- Pigeons and Planes - The 10 Most Influential Albums Turning 10 This Year (2014)
- The Boot - Top 10 Country Music Albums of the 2000s
- The Boot - 10 Essential Albums for Your Country Music Education
- Ben Westhoff - Dirty South: OutKast, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, and the Southern Rappers Who Reinvented Hip-Hop - Recommended Listening (2011)
- FNAC - Pop Rock: 1960-1979 (2010)
- FNAC - Pop Rock: 1980-1999 (2010)
- Harvard’s Hip-Hop Archive: The Most Influential Hip-Hop Albums
- John M. Borack - Shake Some Action: 200 Greatest Power-Pop Albums
- Sean Egan - The Little Black Book of Music: Key Albums (2007)
- Simon Reynolds (UK) - Best of 1990s (1999)
- Simon Reynolds (UK) - Best of 2000s (2010)
- Triple J (Australia) - Hottest 100 Australian Albums (2011)
- BBC 2 (UK) - Classic Albums (1992-2013)
- Rolling Stone: The 25 Greatest Movie Soundtracks of All Time (2013)
- Paste - The 50 Best Movie Soundtracks (2016)
- NME - 61 of the Greatest Film Soundtracks Ever
- Spectrum Culture - various year lists/The Best Live Albums/The Best Soundtracks
- Sputnikmusic - Top 100 Albums of 2000-2009 (2009)
- VH1 (UK) - 100 Greatest Albums of All Time of the MTV Generation (2009)
- MTV Base (UK) - 100 Greatest Albums of All Time of the MTV Generation (2009)
- MTV2 (UK) - 100 Greatest Albums of All Time of the MTV Generation (2009)
- Billboard - All 90 Diamond-Certified Albums Ranked from Worst to Best (2016)
- Ultimate Classic Rock - various year lists/double albums/debut albums
- XXL - 30 Albums That Will Make You Appreciate Hip-Hop (2016)
- Soundtrack - 118 Great New Zealand Albums (2007)
- Andrés Torrón (Uruguay): 111 discos uruguayos
- Yedioth Arohnoth (Israel) - The Best Israeli Albums (2005)
- The Sunday Times (UK) - 100 Albums to Love (2017)
- Classic Rock Mag (The Netherlands) - various lists
- Q - 476 Modern Classics: The Greatest Albums of the Last 30 Years (2016)
Last edited by StevieFan13 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:According to Pierre, there's a spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum with more lists added than I had initially thought. Which spreadsheet is that?

Quoting myself from the other thread:
Pierre wrote:What's the name of the spreadsheet? I went back far enough to see that a bunch of lists I was about to add were already added (the Cachin lists in particular) but I don't know which spreadsheet has the 825 albums.

It's one of the first spreadsheets in the Help Wanted! thread. Look here:

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... =50#p58644

The spreadsheet is titled: Acclaimed Music_Incomplete Album Lists_HW.xls
;)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Noted. Thanks!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

OK, so a few lists are out of the rotation now. Reeeaallyyy wish I had known that the Australian albums list had been added before I added it.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Guys, i think this list was never integrated to the AM data although it's eligible, check this

Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:Guys, i think this list was never integrated to the AM data although it's eligible, check this

I was aware of this one. Back when I was working on this, I gave up on adding it because I found it too massive and intimidating.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:Guys, i think this list was never integrated to the AM data although it's eligible, check this

I was aware of this one. Back when I was working on this, I gave up on adding it because I found it too massive and intimidating.
You mean you aware of the work that takes or you aware of the list is too intimidating because is big?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I'd add it if I didn't have so much to work on already. Maybe either I or Pierre will add it later on (or you can add it before Pierre takes over and after I upload my updates).
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:

You mean you aware of the work that takes or you aware of the list is too intimidating because is big?
Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying :? You might want to fix your sentence :P
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying :? You might want to fix your sentence :P
Hehe..i was trying to guess the reason why you consider intimidating. There's an xls file, it helps a lot to adding to the database or maybe, I didn't understood what you are trying to say ;) pardon my french
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:
Pierre wrote:
panam wrote:
Hehe..i was trying to guess the reason why you consider intimidating. There's an xls file, it helps a lot to adding to the database or maybe, I didn't understood what you are trying to say ;) pardon my french
It doesn't help that it's an .xls file, not at all. When I add an entry to the spreadsheet, I check whether the album exists under that title, whether it's a compilation under the AM criteria, even the release date if it's featured to see if it's the correct album or if an error is possible. So you see, I do find it difficult because it's 300 albums long and from a country which music scene I'm not familiar with and which potential sources might be in Portuguese, a language I don't have a mastery of :P That's why I gave up on it last time.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Ideally, I'll try to have a few more lists added by the start of next week. It's been hard keeping up, and I'm almost positive I won't be able to add all the lists I've wanted to add out of pure fatigue, but I'll add a few more and then break for a while. Pierre or panam or whoever wants to have a whack at it might be able to add some.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

StevieFan13 wrote:Ideally, I'll try to have a few more lists added by the start of next week. It's been hard keeping up, and I'm almost positive I won't be able to add all the lists I've wanted to add out of pure fatigue, but I'll add a few more and then break for a while. Pierre or panam or whoever wants to have a whack at it might be able to add some.
That's fine, as long as you added the Israeli ones :) I'll take over from here as planned.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Pierre wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Ideally, I'll try to have a few more lists added by the start of next week. It's been hard keeping up, and I'm almost positive I won't be able to add all the lists I've wanted to add out of pure fatigue, but I'll add a few more and then break for a while. Pierre or panam or whoever wants to have a whack at it might be able to add some.
That's fine, as long as you added the Israeli ones :) I'll take over from here as planned.
I'll get to them next. I'm handling the Rock FM list, then the Israeli albums, then maybe a couple more (maybe Sputnikmusic or the Making Music in Aotorea list). In any case, I'll post the lists I had planned to add but didn't when I upload what I did.
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

I don't understand very well what you said but the list of "300 discos importantes de musica brasileira" should be on the xls
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

panam wrote:

I don't understand very well what you said but the list of "300 discos importantes de musica brasileira" should be on the xls
He said he's almost done with most of what he planned to add to the spreadsheet, but he's also giving up on some because he's tired of working on it. Stevie doesn't plan to add the 300 Brazilian albums list. Once he posts the spreadsheet, I'll take it and I will try to add the Brazilian albums list.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”