German Rolling Stone Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland"

Federico
Let's Get It On

German Rolling Stone Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland"

Post by Federico »

The German Rolling Stone published a book about 111 german bands (also solists) and their best songs. I don't know the date exactly, but I mean it was 2012. First they chose the acts to present and then one representive song of every act. It's an interesting overall view of german music. I think I will post it with any explanations about the acts. So I post "step by step"

Abwärts: Computerstaat
Abwärts is one of the first german punk bands in the beginning of the 80's with a very political attitude.

Advanced Chemistry: Fremd Im Eigenen Land
One of the first German Rap Acts in the 80's. Four men with no-german roots.

Die Ärzte: Westerland
Very successfull band since 30 years. First they had a real funny and provocant punk attitude. Later they changed to more political correctness. Their albums become regularly no. one in the album charts and there some single no 1 also.Westerland is an early song from their funny phase.

Alexandra: Mein Freund Der Baum
One of the greatest german classic pop songs. It was published in 1969. The industry wanted to make Alexandra a commercial star, but she had plans for her own. Tragically she died in cause of an accident in 1969 in the age of 27...

Alphaville: Forever Young
Very commercial act of the 80's. Forever Young is a fantastic hymn I really like. The Album was very successfull too, but they couldn't continue their success. At least it was typic kind of 80's Pop.

So, that's enough for today. I hope I will continue soon and I hope this a Little bit interesting for you all. Sorry for my real bad english.
Federico
Let's Get It On

Re: German Rolling Stone Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland

Post by Federico »

Today I can go on:

Amon Düül II: Kanaan
Very innovative band of late 60's, early 70's. Belongs to the genre "krautrock". The Album "Phallus Dei", which contains this song, is in the AM top 3000, also another one "Yeti".

Apparat: Goodbye
Originally he was a techno musician, later he made electronic music and used real instruments also. Actually he forms with another artist "Modeselector" the band Moderat. The song "Bad Kingdom" from their 2013 Album Moderat II is in the AM Top 6000.

Atari Teenage Riot: Deutschland (Has Gotta Die)
This band from the 90's played a mixture of hardcore punk, techno and hip hop only digitally produced with an anarchic message.

BAP: Ens Em Vertraue
Bap is a very popular band since the 80's. Influenced by Dylan and Springsteen they combine demanding lyrics with a music, which is sometimes a little bit simple. Unless their album "BAP für usszeschnigge" is one of the classic german rock albums. Another curiosity is that they sing in the dialect of their hometown Cologne. So it is sometimes difficult to understand the lyrics.

Beatsteaks: "Hand In Hand"
This is an alternative-rock band, which sings in english.
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Re: German Rolling Stone Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland"

Post by lagire »

This one was abandonned or forgotten?
All in all, the list is not finished
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Re: German Rolling Stone Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland"

Post by VacantJoy »

Federico wrote: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:52 pm The German Rolling Stone published a book about 111 german bands (also solists) and their best songs. I don't know the date exactly, but I mean it was 2012. First they chose the acts to present and then one representive song of every act. It's an interesting overall view of german music. I think I will post it with any explanations about the acts. So I post "step by step"

Abwärts: Computerstaat
Abwärts is one of the first german punk bands in the beginning of the 80's with a very political attitude.

Advanced Chemistry: Fremd Im Eigenen Land
One of the first German Rap Acts in the 80's. Four men with no-german roots.

Die Ärzte: Westerland
Very successfull band since 30 years. First they had a real funny and provocant punk attitude. Later they changed to more political correctness. Their albums become regularly no. one in the album charts and there some single no 1 also.Westerland is an early song from their funny phase.

Alexandra: Mein Freund Der Baum
One of the greatest german classic pop songs. It was published in 1969. The industry wanted to make Alexandra a commercial star, but she had plans for her own. Tragically she died in cause of an accident in 1969 in the age of 27...

Alphaville: Forever Young
Very commercial act of the 80's. Forever Young is a fantastic hymn I really like. The Album was very successfull too, but they couldn't continue their success. At least it was typic kind of 80's Pop.

So, that's enough for today. I hope I will continue soon and I hope this a Little bit interesting for you all. Sorry for my real bad english.
https://www.amazon.de/Special-Pop-Deuts ... B089HWFWLH
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Re: Rolling Stone (Germany) - Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland" (2014)

Post by VacantJoy »

Rolling Stone (Germany) - Special Edition "Pop in Deutschland" (2014)
https://www.rollingstone.de/pop-in-deut ... gs-360099/
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s

Return to “Germany & German language”