To all post-rock music lovers

spiritualized
Full of Fire

To all post-rock music lovers

Post by spiritualized »

I have JUST discovered an AWESOME record by a completely unknown Polish band, call Ciśnienie.

I can't remember how it was suggested to me (on a list), but it has EVERYTHING any post-rock fans loves.

I have no words ! JazzArt Underground made it immediately in my top 1000.

The song count on Spotify is so low that it deserves a few more interested peeps to lend an ear.

Here is the link, jump into it !
[spotifyalbum]http://open.spotify.com/album/0Fh2FgTdE ... G-IGJuowhw[/spotifyalbum]

Founded by Maciek Klich, Kacper Kowalczuk, Michał Paduch and Michał Zdrzałek, the Katowice-based Ciśnienie was created for one purpose: to create the most harrowing and intense musical climaxes you can imagine. Stylistically it is a mixture of post-rock, orchestral music and jazz trance, with inspirations oscillating between bands like Swans, Fire! Orchestra and Mogwai, and the music of H. M. Górecki or Arvo Pärt. Here, the french horn, violin and keyboards are combined with seemingly incompatible, overdriven bass and frenetic percussion, resulting in exceptionally colourful and varied soundscapes: from improvised, psychedelic ambient to rhythm-driven, ostinato walls of sound. Ciśnienie grew at many festivals, including Enjoy Jazz in Mannheim, Hradecký slunovrat in the Czech Republic, and at the final of the Wind Orchestra Festival Move Your Brass, where they played in the company of the KWK Murcki Wind Orchestra. In April 2018 the band performed at the Katowice JazzArt Festival, which resulted in the release of the concert album JazzArt Underground in January 2019.
rumpdoll
Different Class

Re: To all post-rock music lovers

Post by rumpdoll »

Mileswide posted it in his 2019 list and it directly jumped into my Top 20 of that year. "Same Trupy" is up there with "Storm" or "My father my king".
These findings are why I am here.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

The album is insanely good. It's live as well. I doubt they will ever come to these shores, COVID and all, but I surely would love to see them live.
mileswide
Full of Fire

Post by mileswide »

rumpdoll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm Mileswide posted it in his 2019 list and it directly jumped into my Top 20 of that year. "Same Trupy" is up there with "Storm" or "My father my king".
These findings are why I am here.
Well-remembered, thrilled to see it resonate so much with you both :mrgreen: The way Ciśnienie build suspense makes me leap out of my seat; the whole album's got a great sense of space and endless potential. I tracked it down round December browsing through the albums of the year on, erm, albumsoftheyear- was miffed that I'd missed out on such a beaut when I could've heard it in Jan' '19 and spent the year with it...
spiritualized wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:16 pm I have no words ! JazzArt Underground made it immediately in my top 1000.
Would almost certainly make a hypothetical 1000 of mine if I ever get organised enough to scale that number! They've released another live album this year- Brass Album, a collab with fellow Polish travellers in post-rock Lód 9 (RYM tells me they're post-rock at least, I need to hear their own albums). Same Trupy (on the same page as you, rumpdoll, it's my highlight of JA U too) is again present, albeit more 'leaden' than on the previous album, but Hotrs is ace, going in a more industrial direction for them. I'd also check out Riesefieber Reisefieber*, their 'kosmische' standalone single from 2019- the band are seriously slept on!

*Scheisse, wie deppert ich bin! :angry-banghead:
Last edited by mileswide on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All I got inside is vacancy!
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Yes, based on first listen this is great stuff. The first track took a while to get going, but like Mileswide already says this is all about building suspense and the climaxes are great. Will probably listen to this more.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Rob wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:05 pm Yes, based on first listen this is great stuff. The first track took a while to get going, but like Mileswide already says this is all about building suspense and the climaxes are great. Will probably listen to this more.
Good to hear they'll get more listens on Spotify...
I mean, Same Trupy has got a grand total of 3167 listens on that platform. Let's get them viral :)

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”