New Game Concept

Holden
Never Going Back Again

New Game Concept

Post by Holden »

Alright, I have no intention of starting this game anytime soon. But I did want to run the concept by everyone, see what you think.
Basically, it's sort of a competition between participating forum members. Each forum member who wants to participate submits a list of ten songs following the Classics Chart rules: A maximum of 1 in the top 1000, a maximum of 3 from 1000-10000, and at least 6 out of the top 10000. Then, we put these songs head to head against each other's lists in a ten-round tournament style competition to see who submitted the best songs. Each round would be slightly different.
Do you think this would be fun? Thanks!
Last edited by Holden on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Re: New Game Concept

Post by TheLastEnemy »

Sounds like fun to me - wouldn't take much effort compared some games!
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
Listen later: https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-last/
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

I remember a couple years back we did a similar game (I think it was a play on the World Cup) that was very fun so I’m down!
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

I would personally prefer that the set of songs is whittled down to something smaller, like only rock songs, or only songs with titles beginning with the letter R, or only songs recorded by a trio. That would make it more fun for me.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

I'm definitely down for this. Though I have no idea how long it will take for the next site update, so I'm not sure if it'd be best to wait for it or not, though I assume sooner rather than later is preferred for the game.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Holden wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:37 pm Alright, I have no intention of starting this game anytime soon. But I did want to run the concept by everyone, see what you think.
Basically, it's sort of a competition between participating forum members. Each forum member who wants to participate submits a list of ten songs following the Classics Chart rules: A maximum of 1 in the top 1000, a maximum of 3 from 1000-10000, and at least 6 out of the top 10000. Then, we put these songs head to head against each other's lists in a ten-round tournament style competition to see who submitted the best songs. Each round would be slightly different.
I'm OK but why don't take 10 songs only outside the Top 10000 AM list (even the bubbling songs) ?
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Romain wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:36 pm
Holden wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:37 pm Alright, I have no intention of starting this game anytime soon. But I did want to run the concept by everyone, see what you think.
I'm OK but why don't take 10 songs only outside the Top 10000 AM list (even the bubbling songs) ?
I actually thought that this might be a fun part of the game, like everyone's pick from the Top 1000 goes against each other's. However, if people preferred to have it simply be that we all do unranked songs that could be equally interesting!
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Both are OK for me :-)
Schüttelbirne
Into the Groove

Post by Schüttelbirne »

Just to make sure I got this right:
Every person nominates ten songs and then all of those ten songs are pitted against the ten songs nominated by someone else?
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Schüttelbirne wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:58 am Just to make sure I got this right:
Every person nominates ten songs and then all of those ten songs are pitted against the ten songs nominated by someone else?
Sort of. It’d be more one song at a time, and it wouldn’t all be against the same person.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”