Vote for the Best of the 2010s in the Pitchfork Readers’ Poll

Jackson
Into the Groove

Re: Vote for the Best of the 2010s in the Pitchfork Readers’ Poll

Post by Jackson »

madzong wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:06 am
bonnielaurel wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 pm I can't imagine a worse result.
Agreed. I struggled to find five songs/albums I liked from their final list
I don't find this list to be as bad as others are suggesting...if anything, it's a little better than P4k's own list through the inclusion of stuff like The Money Store, Random Access Memories, Benji, To Be Kind, and The Age of Adz. Is our forum's own EOD list really going to look that different? I think I'll prefer our list, but I imagine at least 5-6 of the top ten will be shared.
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

Cold Butterfly wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:24 pm Ehh, the reader’s poll was terrible, but hey, at least it’s not as bad as the 2018 albums readers’ poll which had BTS and Greta Van Fleet in the top twelve :?
BTS... is that Built To Spill?
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Zombeels wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:43 am
Cold Butterfly wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:24 pm Ehh, the reader’s poll was terrible, but hey, at least it’s not as bad as the 2018 albums readers’ poll which had BTS and Greta Van Fleet in the top twelve :?
BTS... is that Built To Spill?
Now you've got me imagining a world where, instead of the horrific fetishization of K-Pop idols, we have teenage girls fawning over Doug Martsch and his lumberjack beard.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Listyguy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:55 pm
bootsy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 am
Listyguy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 pm The Life Of Pablo has no business being in the top 50, let alone #26
Why not? The year the album came out it finished in at least in the top 10 album in 30 publications and top 5 in 30 publications. Regardless of what you personally think of the album it isn't even close to ridiculous that it's in the top 50 of this poll let alone #26. Which really doesn't factor in this poll but just pointing out that the albums was very well received and the readers loved it
My statement was entirely my own opinion, but if you want to go by critical consensus it's currently ranked at #91 of the decade on AM, which currently doesn't include albums from 2018 or 2019.
My point is it's not unreasonable that the album is ranked so high on a readers poll. People like the album and yeah I did go the critical route?? It was ranked very high by many publications for the year it was released. Being ranked #91 on this website is not the end all be all. Although I love this site. :greetings-waveyellow: Just because you didn't like doesn't mean it doesn't deserves it's place on this list.
BryanBehar
Strange Fruit

Post by BryanBehar »

Best Songs of the 2010s
1. Kanye West- Runaway
2. Kendrick Lamar-The Blacker the Berry
3. Arcade Fire- Sprawl II
4. The National- Bloodbuzz Ohio
5. Frank Ocean- Pyramids
6. Mitski- Your Best American Girl
7. Lorde- Liabilty