Biggest Fan - The First Top 100

Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Biggest Fan - The First Top 100

Post by Rob »

Zombeels wrote:Option 4: Only songs by Zombeels

:D
Well, that option solves everything. Let's do it!

No, let's not.
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

Option 1
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Personally, option 2, 3 is 2nd choice.
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Option 1
BobPatience
Let's Get It On

Post by BobPatience »

Option 1
Huangal70
Wannabe

Post by Huangal70 »

Option 1 definitely - if 2 or 3 were used then, presuming the game continues for a while, at some point certain users will run out of songs and we will end up getting ones from the same people way more regularly. It seems total randomness is the best method.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

All right, tomorrow in the afternoon I will prepare the songs for the upcoming week, so you have a chance to vote for options 1 to 3 until then.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Option 1 wins. We go on as things went. I'm actually happy with that.

Also, Spiritualized handed in his list of 121 songs that will be included in the list. So we might see some of his picks show up.
BobPatience
Let's Get It On

Post by BobPatience »

Is there a concise list of all voted songs?
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

BobPatience wrote:Is there a concise list of all voted songs?
Here is a link to the post with the link to the full list:
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... 025#p97025
BobPatience
Let's Get It On

Post by BobPatience »

Rob wrote:
BobPatience wrote:Is there a concise list of all voted songs?
Here is a link to the post with the link to the full list:
http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... 025#p97025
Yeah I found that one. Problem is I don't have Excel and Google Sheets says it's too big to open. So I was wondering if there a smaller, more concise list of only the necessary info. But I guess that I'm out of luck.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Moonbeam wrote:
Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Remember after the previous all-time artists poll, there was a spreadsheet where people assigned ratings out of 10 to the different artists? I believe there was a plan to make one for songs as well, but it never came to fruition. Would that be an idea worth pursuing?
That was me! I'm happy to start one, but I was waiting on the AM update and never got around to it.

One thing that held me back a bit though was details about data security. With an openly editable Google Sheet, it would be easy for someone to accidentally (or deliberately, though I doubt anyone would do this) delete or edit the ratings of someone else. Does anyone who is more familiar with this sort of thing with me know if there is a way to "lock" a column of a spreadsheet such that only one person can edit it?
Apologies for the late response. Anything regarding this problem should be on this page: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/ ... ktop&hl=en

One possible option is to make it so the cells cannot be edited by other users, but use the comment feature so that you can approve their ratings. The only way this would be totally secure is if you personally invite users to edit the sheet; if you just post the link on the forums, everyone would just be anonymous, so you couldn't verify who was editing what.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Rob wrote: • Hymie and Zombeels tie with the most nominated songs on the list, with seven apiece. Hymie’s score clearly better than Zombeels, as six of his songs made the top 50.
How many participants did not have a single song in the first 125 of this biggest fan rollout?

Others have had many songs.

How does this happen and should there be an adjustment to ensure that everyone gets a song in the game at some point?
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

Henry wrote:
Rob wrote: • Hymie and Zombeels tie with the most nominated songs on the list, with seven apiece. Hymie’s score clearly better than Zombeels, as six of his songs made the top 50.
How many participants did not have a single song in the first 125 of this biggest fan rollout?

How does this happen and should there be an adjustment to ensure that everyone gets a song in the game at some point?
Henry, the explanation is here: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... 100#p98655
We just had a poll on the subject on this same thread and we voted for not having an adjustment...
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

Honorio wrote:
Henry wrote:

Henry, the explanation is here: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... 100#p98655
We just had a poll on the subject on this same thread and we voted for not having an adjustment...
Thanks for trying Honorio, But, was not able to see the explanation there.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Henry wrote:
Honorio wrote:
Henry wrote:

Thanks for trying Honorio, But, was not able to see the explanation there.
I think it's just a random number generator that Rob is using to choose the order. Users who had more songs in their lists for which theirs was the only vote like Hymie and Zombeels have more opportunities to be selected, and this is more or less reflected so far.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:
Sweepstakes Ron wrote: Remember after the previous all-time artists poll, there was a spreadsheet where people assigned ratings out of 10 to the different artists? I believe there was a plan to make one for songs as well, but it never came to fruition. Would that be an idea worth pursuing?
That was me! I'm happy to start one, but I was waiting on the AM update and never got around to it.

One thing that held me back a bit though was details about data security. With an openly editable Google Sheet, it would be easy for someone to accidentally (or deliberately, though I doubt anyone would do this) delete or edit the ratings of someone else. Does anyone who is more familiar with this sort of thing with me know if there is a way to "lock" a column of a spreadsheet such that only one person can edit it?
Apologies for the late response. Anything regarding this problem should be on this page: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/ ... ktop&hl=en

One possible option is to make it so the cells cannot be edited by other users, but use the comment feature so that you can approve their ratings. The only way this would be totally secure is if you personally invite users to edit the sheet; if you just post the link on the forums, everyone would just be anonymous, so you couldn't verify who was editing what.
I'll see if I can have a play with it!
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Alright, since I'm procrastinating I've been going back through these to find out who's songs are the best rated. My methodology isn't perfect, but I've taken the average of anyone who had more than one song in the game and averaged their ratings to find the following stats:
In the First 100, 27 forumers had more than one song in the game. Here are the average ratings, ranked.

1 | Romain | 6.485
2 | bonnielaurel | 6.180
3 | nicolas | 6.132
4 | Moonbeam | 6.052
5 | Hymie | 5.961
6 | StevieFan13 | 5.960
7 | andyd1010 | 5.919
8 | sonofsamiam | 5.806
9 | Slick | 5.743
10 | Zombeels | 5.737
11 | Brad | 5.695
12 | panam | 5.649
13 | fasbjd | 5.585
14 | Nassim | 5.573
15 | Live in Phoenix | 5.538
16 | antonius | 5.431
17 | Kaue | 5.408
18 | Fred | 5.407
19 | Wezzo | 5.317
20 | Jackson | 5.302
21 | Setherex | 4.931
22 | Krurze | 4.693
23 | Elder | 4.573
24 | acroamor | 4.295
25 | PlasticRam | 4.218
26 | Depeche Mode | 4.150
27 | Neil | 3.906
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Father2TheMan
Different Class

Post by Father2TheMan »

I've been super busy trying to keep up with crafting my first all-time album list and the 80s/70s yearly lists. I do still read this and sample but I may be kind of erratic actually popping in with a vote.
"The laughs come hard in Old Lang Syne....."
Father2TheMan
Different Class

Post by Father2TheMan »

And I'm definitely discovering new tunes...11 of the top 25 tunes are in one of my year playlists now. :music-rockon:
"The laughs come hard in Old Lang Syne....."
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Holden wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:27 am Alright, since I'm procrastinating I've been going back through these to find out who's songs are the best rated. My methodology isn't perfect, but I've taken the average of anyone who had more than one song in the game and averaged their ratings to find the following stats:
In the First 100, 27 forumers had more than one song in the game. Here are the average ratings, ranked.

1 | Romain | 6.485
2 | bonnielaurel | 6.180
3 | nicolas | 6.132
4 | Moonbeam | 6.052
5 | Hymie | 5.961
Happy to be in the top 5!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”