Moderately Acclaimed Albums 10 (2019) - The Draw!

Honorio
Higher Ground

Re: Moderately Acclaimed Albums 10 (2019) - The Draw!

Post by Honorio »

Do the following links work in the US? Probably songs 2 and 4 will work (official video-clips), not sure about the rest though...

1. Ringo no Uta
2. Gunjō Biyori
3. Jusui Negai
4. Sōnan
5. Crawl
6. Genjitsu ni Oite
7. Genjitsu o Warau
8. Service
9. Ekimae
10. Omatsuri Sawagi
11. Bokoku Jōcho
12. Yume no Ato
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

Honorio wrote:Do the following links work in the US? Probably songs 2 and 4 will work (official video-clips), not sure about the rest though...
Sorry, Honorio, I got the "uploader made this unavailable to your country" for all of them (including 2 and 4). :( Thanks for the effort, though! This is Shiina Ringo's band, so I've wanted to hear this album for quite a while now. I think this is my incentive to just break down and buy it. I know it'll be great!
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

I just found out that almost every song on the album got live versions with good sound that appear in You Tube. Some of these live versions are quite different of the studio versions (for instance "Omatsuri Sawagi" adds a full orchestra) but it could help the Americans members of the forum to get an idea of the sound of the band (and album). Hope these clips are available in your country…

1. Ringo no Uta
2. Gunjō Biyori
3. Jusui Negai
4. Sōnan
5. Crawl
6-7. Genjitsu ni Oite / Genjitsu o Warau
8. Service
9. Ekimae
10. Omatsuri Sawagi
11. Bokoku Jōcho
12. Yume no Ato
Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

When we get to the Round 1.14 we will find the "Okami Original Soundtrack" nominated. The original 2006 release includes 5 CDs, a total of 218 tracks and almost six hours of music. I was tempted of not participating on the match-up but I opted for creating a playlist with the 2018 European version (4 vinyls, a more manageable 2 and a half hours and 67 tracks). It was not easy to create the playlist (the Spotify version got the song titles in Japanese but copying and pasting I finally did it). My vote will be based on the "short" version, I hope the nominator won't mind...
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Honorio wrote:When we get to the Round 1.14 we will find the "Okami Original Soundtrack" nominated. The original 2006 release includes 5 CDs, a total of 218 tracks and almost six hours of music. I was tempted of not participating on the match-up but I opted for creating a playlist with the 2018 European version (4 vinyls, a more manageable 2 and a half hours and 66 tracks). It was not easy to create the playlist (the Spotify version got the song titles in Japanese but copying and pasting I finally did it). My vote will be based on the "short" version, I hope the nominator won't mind...
Look at the previous page and you'll find that, I, the nominator of said album already shared the short release as it is on Spotify (only 59 tracks an 77 minutes). I've listened to the whole thing once, but the short version has my preference. This is very common with Japanese video game soundtracks, that tend sometimes don't just contain every bit of music, but every sound effect. I view these things a bit like some of these monstrous special editions of classic albums, where you have vinyl upon vinyl of demo's, wrong takes and unused songs. These are only for obsessed fans and historians I think.
In the 77 minutes you get everything from Okami you need. It works more as a real album, instead of a collection of everything that appears in a huge game.

Honorio
Higher Ground

Post by Honorio »

OK but that's not the short release, it's the first of the 5 CDs (see the link below). Anyway I suppose both options are enough to have an opinion to cast a vote...
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... dtrack_.p/
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Honorio wrote:OK but that's not the short release, it's the first of the 5 CDs (see the link below). Anyway I suppose both options are enough to have an opinion to cast a vote...
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... dtrack_.p/
Ah, I see you are right. Capcom released the album on Spotify in a numerous different albums, all with the same cover and title. It's hard to see this way. In that case I would go for your playlist.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”