Question About Discrepancies between Spreadsheet and Site List

AM_User87
I'm New Here

Question About Discrepancies between Spreadsheet and Site List

Post by AM_User87 »

I was looking through the final spreadsheet posted in the EOY 2014 thread for best songs. I noticed that the rankings in the spreadsheet don't match up with the list posted on the following page: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/year/2014s.htm. Which version of the list is more up to date?
Harold
Into the Groove

Re: Question About Discrepancies between Spreadsheet and Site List

Post by Harold »

AM_User87 wrote:I was looking through the final spreadsheet posted in the EOY 2014 thread for best songs. I noticed that the rankings in the spreadsheet don't match up with the list posted on the following page: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/year/2014s.htm. Which version of the list is more up to date?
The second list is the more up-to-date one. The EOY spreadsheet list is exactly that - it's a list of the top songs of 2014 as compiled from all of the end-of-year lists, at the time. The 2014 list to which you link is the current list of top 2014 songs, which takes into account any other song lists since 2014 on which those songs have been included.
AM_User87
I'm New Here

Post by AM_User87 »

Harold wrote:The second list is the more up-to-date one. The EOY spreadsheet list is exactly that - it's a list of the top songs of 2014 as compiled from all of the end-of-year lists, at the time. The 2014 list to which you link is the current list of top 2014 songs, which takes into account any other song lists since 2014 on which those songs have been included.
I have a follow-up question. The page that I linked to ranks songs up to 128th place, and then there follows an unranked list of "bubbling under" songs. Can I assume that the "bubbling under" songs are listed roughly in the order they would appear in an updated spreadsheet? (e.g., the first unranked song would correspond to 129th place, and so on)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

AM_User87 wrote:
Harold wrote:The second list is the more up-to-date one. The EOY spreadsheet list is exactly that - it's a list of the top songs of 2014 as compiled from all of the end-of-year lists, at the time. The 2014 list to which you link is the current list of top 2014 songs, which takes into account any other song lists since 2014 on which those songs have been included.
I have a follow-up question. The page that I linked to ranks songs up to 128th place, and then there follows an unranked list of "bubbling under" songs. Can I assume that the "bubbling under" songs are listed roughly in the order they would appear in an updated spreadsheet? (e.g., the first unranked song would correspond to 129th place, and so on)
Yes. The bubbling under songs are listed in order. However, there might be other songs, that perhaps have appeared in an alltime list, but haven’t been added to the site because they would not make the top 10,000, that would place somewhere within these bubbling under songs.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”